Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,776 members, 7,802,385 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:24 PM

The Bigotry Problem On This Site..an Appeal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Bigotry Problem On This Site..an Appeal (584 Views)

Buhari, Osinbajo And The Bigotry Question - By Femi Adesina / Density Map: Exposing The Ignorance And The Bigotry Of The Anti-North Gang / Bad Roads In Ogun State: An Appeal To Governor Dapo Abiodun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Bigotry Problem On This Site..an Appeal by Nobody: 4:58pm On May 29, 2021
I am writing this with all sense of sorrow and sadness...to state that, we have a serious bigotry problem on this site...and it is time to stop.

It has kind of become a pain to read topics that make front page atimes

1.Religious topics are spammed with a lot of anti-Christian and anti-Muslim rhetoric...not objective criticisim, but just mocking, mocking and more mockery

2.Reports of criminal activity that make front page are always often accompanied by comments acccusing the tribe of the person as being guilty of the crime...committed by one member of the tribe (Ibos being all called drug dealers, and Yorubas being all called sex offenders, and Fulanis now being labelled as blood thristy bandits are common recurring themes)

3.Repeated use of terms such as IPIGS, AFONJAS, ABOKIS, ETC ETC....which have become so persistent

4.Abuse of political leaders. Now, I think it is fair to say that our current leaders have not done well. They have failed well well, especially in the economic and social aspect. Personally, I have not voted for PDP or APC at all since I got my voter card for the first time...however, abusing people like our president and vice preseident, and even past leaders , regardless of the party with such words as terrorist, killers, drunkards, etc etc is not right

5.The constant use of abuse on people we disagree with. On this site, someone expresses an opinion, and the response is to call him or herstupid, foolish, ingrate, etc, etc,...and this applies to all sides mind you.Sometimes calling someone's parent foul names too.

6.The constant bitterness and hate seen on this site. What used to be fun banter has transmutated into hate speech.

This is an appeal to all Nairalanders, to please tone down the hate. I also appeal to Seun and to the moderators of this good site...you all are doing a good job, but you need to do more.

We have every right to disagree with each other. And Lord knows this is not a call for censorship. Rather this is a call for civil behavior and responsible behavior on this site...regardless of party, belief, secessionist, non-secessionist, atheist, Muslim, Christian, pro-Buhari, anti-Buhari, fence sitter, etc etc...to please exercise decorum on this site. Your right to be anonymous on this site does not mean you must be rude and abrasive and hateful on this site.

Thank you

The LazyNigerian1....pro patria,pax in omnes.
Re: The Bigotry Problem On This Site..an Appeal by SLAP44: 4:59pm On May 29, 2021
I didn't see you lambast the current national leadership for their deep seated bigotry and support of an ethnicity over the whole country, this makes you either ignorant or a supporter of the system where the rot started and is being sustained.

When elders fight for food, children must break the plates and pots - African proverbs.

3 Likes

Re: The Bigotry Problem On This Site..an Appeal by Nobody: 5:16pm On May 29, 2021
SLAP44:
I didn't see you lambast the current national leadership for their deep seated bigotry and support of an ethnicity over the whole country, this makes you either ignorant or a supporter of the system where the rot started and is being sustained.

When elders fight for food, children must break the plates and pots - African proverbs.

1.Read point 4 for my opinion on the current leadership. I am not a fan, as can be seen.

2.The thread is not about bad governance of APC for now, it is about how bigotry on this site is a very serious problem.
Re: The Bigotry Problem On This Site..an Appeal by ThEGodFaThEr102: 5:28pm On May 29, 2021
If these sets of tribal bigots below are eliminated from this forum there will be joy, peace, unity, happiness, decorum and above all, long life and prosperity on Nairaland.

Ngeneukwenu
Simplyleo

helinues
ThatFairGuy
Thebosstrevor1
Monogamy
Rossinkup or Rossinminku
Vaughanlanrewaj

4 Likes

Re: The Bigotry Problem On This Site..an Appeal by Access03(m): 5:34pm On May 29, 2021
Re: The Bigotry Problem On This Site..an Appeal by liketerm: 5:52pm On May 29, 2021
It a way of life on nairaland, leave things the way they are and you will have peace
Re: The Bigotry Problem On This Site..an Appeal by TotoGame(m): 5:57pm On May 29, 2021
Lazynigerian1:
I am writing this with all sense of sorrow and sadness...to state that, we have a serious bigotry problem on this site...and it is time to stop.

1.Religious topics are spammed with a lot of anti-Christian and anti-Muslim rhetoric...not objective criticisim, but just mocking, mocking and more mockery

2.Reports of criminal activity that make front page are always often accompanied by comments acccusing the tribe of the person as being guilty of the crime...committed by one member of the tribe (Ibos being all called drug dealers, and Yorubas being all called sex offenders, and Fulanis now being labelled as blood thristy bandits are common recurring themes)

3.Repeated use of terms such as IPIGS, AFONJAS, ABOKIS, ETC ETC....which have become so persistent

4.Abuse of political leaders. Now, I think it is fair to say that our current leaders have not done well. They have failed well well, especially in the economic and social aspect. Personally, I have not voted for PDP or APC at all since I got my voter card for the first time...however, abusing people like our president and vice preseident, and even past leaders , regardless of the party with such words as terrorist, killers, drunkards, etc etc is not right

5.The constant use of abuse on people we disagree with. On this site, someone expresses an opinion, and the response is to call him or herstupid, foolish, ingrate, etc, etc,...and this applies to all sides mind you.Sometimes calling someone's parent foul names too.

6.The constant bitterness and hate seen on this site. What used to be fun banter has transmutated into hate speech.

This is an appeal to all Nairalanders, to please tone down the hate. I also appeal to Seun and to the moderators of this good site...you all are doing a good job, but you need to do more.

We have every right to disagree with each other. And Lord knows this is not a call for censorship. Rather this is a call for civil behavior and responsible behavior on this site...regardless of party, belief, secessionist, non-secessionist, atheist, Muslim, Christian, pro-Buhari, anti-Buhari, fence sitter, etc etc...to please exercise decorum on this site. Your right to be anonymous on this site does not mean you must be rude and abrasive and hateful on this site.

Thank you

Point of correction

Yoruba aren't called sex offenders here Ok!!!!

Rather they are specialized Skull miners and human parts dealers
Re: The Bigotry Problem On This Site..an Appeal by Gbagura: 6:00pm On May 29, 2021
ThEGodFaThEr102:
If these sets of tribal bigots below are eliminated from this forum there will be joy, peace, unity, happiness, decorum and above all, long life and prosperity on Nairaland.

Ngeneukwenu
Simplyleo

helinuesy
ThatFairGuy
Thebosstrevor1
Monogamy
Rossinkup or Rossinminku
Vaughanlanrewaj

So no pro-ipob got into your list? All those you outlined are known anti-ipob guys. You're biased and it stinks all over you.
Re: The Bigotry Problem On This Site..an Appeal by ThEGodFaThEr102: 6:01pm On May 29, 2021
Gbagura:
So no pro-ipob got into your list? All those you outlined are known anti-ipob guys. You're biased and it stinks all over you.
Eleribu
Re: The Bigotry Problem On This Site..an Appeal by Gbagura: 6:02pm On May 29, 2021
ThEGodFaThEr102:

Eleribu
Ni bàbà e
Re: The Bigotry Problem On This Site..an Appeal by Nobody: 6:04pm On May 29, 2021
If you aren't a Lazy Nigerian you would be directing this call to your vegetable president
Re: The Bigotry Problem On This Site..an Appeal by ThEGodFaThEr102: 6:06pm On May 29, 2021
Gbagura:
Ni bàbà e

Re: The Bigotry Problem On This Site..an Appeal by otokx(m): 6:07pm On May 29, 2021
Nairaland is a reflection of the real Nigeria which many are afraid to acknowledge the existence thereof.
Re: The Bigotry Problem On This Site..an Appeal by Nobody: 6:15pm On May 29, 2021
Mikecold:
If you aren't a Lazy Nigerian you would be directing this call to your vegetable president

1.See point 4 for my view of the leadership.

2.This thread is not about the leadership...it is about the bigotry problem on this site. I specifically said so.

If I wanted to open a thread about how bad Buhari is, I would have, and I should...but this is not the purpose of this thread.
Re: The Bigotry Problem On This Site..an Appeal by Nobody: 6:16pm On May 29, 2021
Lazynigerian1:

1.See point 4 for my view of the leadership.

2.This thread is not about the leadership...it is about the bigotry problem on this site. I specifically said so.

If I wanted to open a thread about how bad Buhari is, I would have, and I should...but this is not the purpose of this thread.
You have no business telling anybody here how to act

The president has declared war on anything non-north

We are under seige, a seige to surplant our race, take our lands, take our freedom by the president chosen and armed group

You don't beat a child and tell him not to cry

This is the place where we delibrate all that is fashioned against us since protests now end in killings

You don't tell us how to express ourselves, you don't tell us to sugar coat the truth and pretend all is well

So far so good this is one site that aggregates the raw feelings of Nigerians which the government sees that halts most of their plans
Re: The Bigotry Problem On This Site..an Appeal by Nobody: 6:18pm On May 29, 2021
Lazynigerian1:

Thank you

It also give sleepful nights.
Re: The Bigotry Problem On This Site..an Appeal by Nobody: 6:19pm On May 29, 2021
Mikecold:
l

Again, we have a serious issue of bigotry on this site.

It does not mean that we cannot disagree with each other, but we can do so with better language

Which is the point of this thread.

Thank you.
Re: The Bigotry Problem On This Site..an Appeal by helinues: 6:20pm On May 29, 2021
ThEGodFaThEr102:

Ngeneukwenu
Simplyleo

helinues
ThatFairGuy
Thebosstrevor1
Monogamy
Rossinkup or Rossinminku
Vaughanlanrewaj

Doing exactly what op is talking about....

Chei
Re: The Bigotry Problem On This Site..an Appeal by Nobody: 6:29pm On May 29, 2021
Mikecold:
You have no business telling anybody here how to act

The president has declared war on anything non-north

We are under seige, a seige to surplant our race, take our lands, take our freedom by the president chosen and armed group

You don't beat a child and tell him not to cry

This is the place where we delibrate all that is fashioned against us since protests now end in killings

You don't tell us how to express ourselves, you don't tell us to sugar coat the truth and pretend all is well

So far so good this is one site that aggregates the raw feelings of Nigerians which the government sees that halts most of their plans

Again, this is a thread telling people not to act with hate and bigotry in their comments.

It isn't a thread telling you or anyone else that your views on the situation in the country or the president...are wrong and not to be aired.

It is also not a thread telling you that you should not air your views or deliberate on them...just do so without abuse, hate and so on.

Sorry you missed my point. You are on the wrong thread.

And by the way, I am not telling you how to act...I am pointing out that the way many behave on this site is wrong and needs to change. If you are not among the bigots on this site, the warning does not apply to you.
Re: The Bigotry Problem On This Site..an Appeal by ygowon: 6:59pm On May 29, 2021
Fuk unity. Fuk one Nigeria. Nigeria is not supposed to exist in the first place, that's why nairaland is showing you the true colour of Nigeria. Nigeria can not develop because of the hates that exist among the people, the reason the country should break along region or tribe.

This faceless forum is the only place they can comfortably express that hate. Outside is pretense. But I'm happy that buhari does not pretend to hate the 5%ers and the 5%ers hate him too
Re: The Bigotry Problem On This Site..an Appeal by Nobody: 8:00pm On May 29, 2021
Good evening.

(1) (Reply)

NNAMDI KANU IS..POSITIONING HIMSELF FOR ANAMBRA & 2023 GENERAL ELECTIONS...MEFOR / Hunters, Vigilantes & Policemen Take Over As 11 Confirmed Killed In Igangan / See How Nigerian Army Blocked Sunday Igboho From Entering Igangan Forest (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.