Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,555 members, 7,809,027 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:13 PM

Graduated From the most Expensive Varsity, Top of my ©lass but still no job - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Graduated From the most Expensive Varsity, Top of my ©lass but still no job (2785 Views)

I Finally Graduated From The University / 45 A.B.U Students Graduated From Chinese University In Railway Engineering / Popular Owerri 'Mad Man' Graduated From A University In The US. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Graduated From the most Expensive Varsity, Top of my ©lass but still no job by ashybabs(m): 8:52pm On May 29, 2021
I graduated from igbenedion University top of my Class
Business administration with a culminative Grade point CGPA of 4.22

Its being 10 years now..
And no job

Please do i need to go and beg people in my village?
Who did i offend?

Life is getting pathethic,
Some nights i cry myself to sleep

Ps

I will send u my Cv if nairalanders can be kind enough to link me up

Right now m desperate
And i can do volunteer work to keep busy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Graduated From the most Expensive Varsity, Top of my ©lass but still no job by Golan007: 9:18pm On May 29, 2021
Beg them o.
Re: Graduated From the most Expensive Varsity, Top of my ©lass but still no job by wearsandtrends1: 10:35pm On May 29, 2021
E go better
Keep striving harder
Re: Graduated From the most Expensive Varsity, Top of my ©lass but still no job by dandig(m): 10:37pm On May 29, 2021
Bros what happened na..why didn't u set up immediately after graduation.. especially when the milk was still flowing? What took u so long sir

2 Likes

Re: Graduated From the most Expensive Varsity, Top of my ©lass but still no job by MajesticKris: 10:46pm On May 29, 2021
After terrorizing them from 5am to 6pm, you can't find them on the road at night...

Cowards!
Re: Graduated From the most Expensive Varsity, Top of my ©lass but still no job by ashybabs(m): 10:54pm On May 29, 2021
dandig:
Bros what happened na..why didn't u set up immediately after graduation.. especially when the milk was still flowing? What took u so long sir

Tbh

I Did Bruh!
I set up an ecomerce business that was doing great
Then tragedy struck ...
My business partnership with kaymu* (at the time) that brought in most of my orders ended as the company went under...
Ever since ive tried to adapt, selling with more online companies but it has been a struggle brother!

Business was fully incorporated,
We had an office space in maryland but didnt survive past its 6th year

Im disheartened i lost that opportunity because its was my brainchild ...
But the problem now is joining the labor market after so long

But i cant dwell on the past, and its not been easy honestly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Graduated From the most Expensive Varsity, Top of my ©lass but still no job by Nobody: 11:11pm On May 29, 2021
ashybabs:

Its being 10 years now..
And no job

Who did i offend?

Ps

Right now m desperate

Don't beg them. Locate the nearest Mountain of Fire. You'd thank me later

3 Likes

Re: Graduated From the most Expensive Varsity, Top of my ©lass but still no job by ashybabs(m): 11:16pm On May 29, 2021
mikezuruki:

So you're absolutely certain it is spiritual?
Re: Graduated From the most Expensive Varsity, Top of my ©lass but still no job by Twelfthman: 11:48pm On May 29, 2021
ashybabs:

Its being 10 years now..
And no job

Who did i offend?

Ps

Right now m desperate

Keep faith. Keep hope alive...

1 Like

Re: Graduated From the most Expensive Varsity, Top of my ©lass but still no job by LikeAking: 12:46am On May 30, 2021
ashybabs:

Its being 10 years now..
And no job

Who did i offend?

Ps

Right now m desperate

Reconnect with your former Uni class mates.

They will help you.

Even primary and secondary school mated go help.

Just find those who have made it.

Business no easy.

I have also burnt my fingers severally.

Learnt lots of lessons.

As per the spiritual side dont go to any church for solution.

Bye.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Graduated From the most Expensive Varsity, Top of my ©lass but still no job by hakeemhakeem(m): 4:09am On May 30, 2021
ashybabs:

Tbh

I Did Bruh!
Then tragedy struck ...
My business partnership with kaymu* (at the time) that brought in most of my orders ended as the company went under...
Ever since ive tried to adapt, selling with more online companies but it has been a struggle brother!

We had an office in maryland but didnt survive past its sixth year

Take it a business circle which I believed you would understand better as bus admin student. I have worked with a guy run ecommerce of which he never partner with any body,what he did is just facebook advt.there are also a lot of people who only post on their page and they are doing good without facebook ad.this is tech world you can do it with time your footprint would be stamp
Re: Graduated From the most Expensive Varsity, Top of my ©lass but still no job by sageb: 4:30am On May 30, 2021
LikeAking:

They will help you.
Business no easy.
Learnt lots of lessons.
Bye.
@op this is a good advice

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Graduated From the most Expensive Varsity, Top of my ©lass but still no job by ashybabs(m): 4:54am On May 30, 2021
hakeemhakeem:

Take it a business circle which I believed you would understand better as bus admin student. I have worked with a guy run ecommerce of which he never partner with any body,what he did is just facebook advt.there are also a lot of people who only post on their page and they are doing good without facebook ad.this is tech world you can do it with time your footprint would be stamp

I carry my two legs run comot from ecomerce
Nothing else will take me back to such a businesd model!
We did alot, employed staff, got a bike for logistics, got a rider, set up pick-up location

You name it
But ecomerce is really exhausting!

At a point it felt like i was a mouse on a wheel
Going nowhere Fast

No doubt theres money in ecomerce but its exhausting and very VOLATILE

I left the business, and this is the one experience i share with anybody

Nigeria's economic landscape is not ready for it...
Jeff bezzo's owns Amazon...
But even the world's richest man know better than to bring his business here or even franchise it

That should give you a hint Bruh

5 Likes

Re: Graduated From the most Expensive Varsity, Top of my ©lass but still no job by ashybabs(m): 5:20am On May 30, 2021
Twelfthman:

Keep faith. Keep hope alive...

Thank you for your kind words
Re: Graduated From the most Expensive Varsity, Top of my ©lass but still no job by Nobody: 5:58am On May 30, 2021
LikeAking:

They will help you.

Business no easy.

Learnt lots of lessons.

Bye.

Bros, they won't help. They will end distancing themselves from you, being there.

2 Likes

Re: Graduated From the most Expensive Varsity, Top of my ©lass but still no job by HRMK: 6:28am On May 30, 2021
grow up!certs no longer gets u good job but good connection does!!

1 Like

Re: Graduated From the most Expensive Varsity, Top of my ©lass but still no job by phemmyfour: 6:34am On May 30, 2021
ashybabs:

Its being 10 years now..
And no job

Who did i offend?

Ps

Right now m desperate
10yrs? You are no longer employable

1 Like

Re: Graduated From the most Expensive Varsity, Top of my ©lass but still no job by Nobody: 7:17am On May 30, 2021
ashybabs:

So you're absolutely certain it is spiritual?

Absolutely.
Re: Graduated From the most Expensive Varsity, Top of my ©lass but still no job by Nobody: 8:12am On May 30, 2021
God can move for you. Earnest prayer + fasting are key. Shalom.

2 Likes

Re: Graduated From the most Expensive Varsity, Top of my ©lass but still no job by Ekitibiased(m): 8:54am On May 30, 2021
ashybabs:

I carry my two legs run comot from ecomerce
Nothing else will take me back to such a businesd model!
We did alot, employed staff, got a bike for logistics, got a rider, set up pick-up location

You name it
But ecomerce is really exhausting!

At a point it felt like i was a mouse on a wheel
Going nowhere Fast

No doubt theres money in ecomerce but its exhausting and very VOLATILE

I left the business, and this is the one experience i share with anybody

Nigeria's economic landscape is not ready for it...
Jeff bezzo's owns Amazon...
But even the world's richest man know better than to bring his business here or even franchise it

That should give you a hint Bruh

I sold more than £40,000 in less than 5 months on Amazon UK, also did more than £10k on eBay which I was even casual with. I am replicating the same now in Nigeria.

Important to say I had no prior business experience at all,my trainer picked me up and showed me the way and then I didn't just surprise him. He became proud of my efforts and success.

I am not saying to impress......calvin_stores on Instagram is my page. I just quit my salary job to FOCUS on it, I am a health professional not just any but a Medical doctor.

I am travelled and exposed and have lots of skills to offer. I love my job and have literally worked for free severally to gain experience.

I am professional with my healthcare job, but I just don't expect money from it. My skills will make me smile to the bank.

All my Amazon UK sales were dropshipping, I never saw what I was selling and I never told what I sold either .....When I see products I sell by chance in a store, I smile like a kid.

Mentoring is key, my trainer is among the top 5,000 sellers on Amazon in the world and he is UK based. With drop shipping I still sell to customers abroad. Getting the right and true information is profitable

1 Like

Re: Graduated From the most Expensive Varsity, Top of my ©lass but still no job by Bonjovi13: 8:54am On May 30, 2021
ashybabs:

Its being 10 years now..
And no job

Who did i offend?

Ps

Right now m desperate

My brother. With your level of intelligence, if you had learnt a trade, business or skill after graduating you would be a multi millionaire today. Still its not too late. There are many things you could do with your hands to make money for yourself. Give yourself sometime to acquire the necessary experience and start your own business. No need waiting for a job. There are no jobs man.

1 Like

Re: Graduated From the most Expensive Varsity, Top of my ©lass but still no job by oneolajire(m): 9:05am On May 30, 2021
What a pity. Guy, Try travel abroad, Canada is easy to migrate to.
Re: Graduated From the most Expensive Varsity, Top of my ©lass but still no job by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:22am On May 30, 2021
ashybabs:

Tbh

I Did Bruh!
Then tragedy struck ...

We had an office space in maryland but didnt survive past its 6th year

Don't beat yourself up. E commerce is struggling greatly in Nigeria due to what is going on in the economy. It can work if you have a way to sell to westerners sha from here.

Well you had e commerce experience and it was successful even if it's for a while. The only industry that can accept you now at your age is the tech industry. You have to put your head down to learn the skills and get in. It will be very hard getting into another industry. As for a master's a good MBA at a top school requires some amazing work experience.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Graduated From the most Expensive Varsity, Top of my ©lass but still no job by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:22am On May 30, 2021
Bonjovi13:

My brother. With your level of intelligence, if you had learnt a trade, business or skill after graduating you would be a multi millionaire today. Still its not too late. There are many things you could do with your hands to make money for yourself. Give yourself sometime to acquire the necessary experience and start your own business. No need waiting for a job. There are no jobs man.
He said he had a business for six years.
Re: Graduated From the most Expensive Varsity, Top of my ©lass but still no job by VTJN(m): 10:12am On May 30, 2021
ashybabs:

Its being 10 years now..
And no job

Who did i offend?

Ps

Right now m desperate
Our story is almost similar

I came out top of my class though studied Geography and planning

The only difference is that i schooled in a public institution and i graduated 2019 still out of job till date

May God help us, it's not being easy!
Re: Graduated From the most Expensive Varsity, Top of my ©lass but still no job by EndNigeriaNoow: 10:52am On May 30, 2021
ashybabs:

Its being 10 years now..
And no job

Who did i offend?

Ps

Right now m desperate
go and meet a Reverend Father, u life will change after one yr. Also don't look down on small job offers, it might be the only way through which God has destined to uplift u... start small
Re: Graduated From the most Expensive Varsity, Top of my ©lass but still no job by bluefilm: 10:59am On May 30, 2021
ashybabs:

Its being 10 years now..
And no job

Who did i offend?

Ps

Right now m desperate

That's what you get when your only concern while in school is to make A's without any thought of how to apply whatever ''Knowledge'' you are getting in real life.

Now, the chickens have come home to roost.

1 Like

Re: Graduated From the most Expensive Varsity, Top of my ©lass but still no job by benzion72(m): 11:46am On May 30, 2021
mikezuruki:

Don't beg them. Locate the nearest Mountain of Fire. You'd thank me later

Your problem is not peculiar to you it is not even spiritual, the current socioeconomic condition of Nigeria is not encouraging. The current leadership are bereft of functional idea that can generate jobs. Obasanjo did Bank consolidation and one of the requirements to be a bank is to have 200 branches imagining the number of staffs that will require. Look inward dream big but start small

1 Like

Re: Graduated From the most Expensive Varsity, Top of my ©lass but still no job by LikeAking: 12:36pm On May 30, 2021
BiggyB242:

Bros, they won't help. They will end distancing themselves from you, being there.

One must help.

Let him go for the real succesful ones.

Its part of our nature as Nigerian to show others road when we make it.

Its an ego thing.

Let him for the real big boyz.
Re: Graduated From the most Expensive Varsity, Top of my ©lass but still no job by Alusiizizi(m): 12:37pm On May 30, 2021
All salutations to your GPA and all but you rode on a bubble that has since burst. Come down to your level and set feet on soil. Then grow.
10 years is a long time to be sitting around doing nothing.
Re: Graduated From the most Expensive Varsity, Top of my ©lass but still no job by luminouz(m): 12:48pm On May 30, 2021
Ekitibiased:

I sold more than £40,000 in less than 5 months on Amazon UK, also did more than £10k on eBay which I was even casual with. I am replicating the same now in Nigeria.

Important to say I had no prior business experience at all,my trainer picked me up and showed me the way and then I didn't just surprise him. He became proud of my efforts and success.

I am not saying to impress......calvin_stores on Instagram is my page. I just quit my salary job to FOCUS on it, I am a health professional not just any but a Medical doctor.

I am travelled and exposed and have lots of skills to offer. I love my job and have literally worked for free severally to gain experience.

I am professional with my healthcare job, but I just don't expect money from it. My skills will make me smile to the bank.

All my Amazon UK sales were dropshipping, I never saw what I was selling and I never told what I sold either .....When I see products I sell by chance in a store, I smile like a kid.

Mentoring is key, my trainer is among the top 5,000 sellers on Amazon in the world and he is UK based. With drop shipping I still sell to customers abroad. Getting the right and true information is profitable
So how does this help the OP?

Should he be your mentee or what? Will you help him with connections to your trainer? That's what I'm expecting to see.

All you did was make the thread about your success,not what OP needs.

I have noticed this severally on NL. Someone asked for advice but posters won't give but go on announcing how very successful they are and so. Help the young man or is this an opportunity for some you to toot your horn? undecided

That I am from the state you used as part of your moniker is even worse. We aren't braggarts

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Graduated From the most Expensive Varsity, Top of my ©lass but still no job by Nobody: 1:16pm On May 30, 2021
luminouz:

So how does this help the OP?

Should he be your mentee or what? Will you help him with connections to your trainer? That's what I'm expecting to see.

All you did was make the thread about your success,not what OP needs.

I have noticed this severally on NL. Someone asked for advice but posters won't give but go on announcing how very successful they are and so. Help the young man or is this an opportunity for some you to toot your horn? undecided

That I am from the state you used as part of your moniker is even worse. We aren't braggarts
He is just looking for who to rip off his or her small fund in guise of mentorship fee.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman Builds New Apartment For Corps Members (Photos) / Eight Facts About Ak-47 / Chevron Industrial Training Aptitude Test Invitation And Past Questions & Answer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.