Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,399 members, 7,781,149 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:51 AM

Oliseh Blames Guardiola For City’s UCL Defeat - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Oliseh Blames Guardiola For City’s UCL Defeat (2633 Views)

Aguero's Father Blasts Pep Guardiola For Treatment Of Man City Legend / Sunday Oliseh Leads Fortuna Sittard To First Title In 23 Years / Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oliseh Blames Guardiola For City’s UCL Defeat by Luckydubby7(m): 4:54am On May 30, 2021
Former Super Eagles coach Sunday Oliseh has blamed Pep Gurdiola for Manchester City’s Champions League final defeat against Chelsea on Saturday.

Kai Havertz scored the game’s only goal in the 42nd minute after Chelsea split open City’s defence with a counter attack.

Oliseh wondered why Guardiola started the game without a natural stiker or defensive midfielder.

Guardiola had captain Fernandinho, Sergio Aguero and Gabriel Jesus fit, but he failed to start any of them, playing without a recognised striker or defensive midfielder.

“I am shocked how Manchester City can show up for a Champions League Final without a natural defensive midfielder and a striker!! Chelsea I feel could easily get a well-deserved 3-0 up in my opinion. Curious to see what second half awaits us,” Oliseh tweeted in the first half.

Guardiola went ahead to bring in the three players, with Jesus replacing Kevin De Bruyne in the 60th minute. Fernandinho also replaced Bernardo Silva in the 64th minute, while Aguero was the third substitute, coming in for Raheem Sterling in the 70th minute.

https://punchng.com/oliseh-blames-guardiola-for-citys-ucl-defeat/

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Blames Guardiola For City’s UCL Defeat by Bensondrums(m): 5:07am On May 30, 2021
D
Re: Oliseh Blames Guardiola For City’s UCL Defeat by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 5:25am On May 30, 2021
Not starting Fernandhino was a miscalculation, a drawback for the coach, that was the turning point, the difference. Offering the edge to the opponents.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oliseh Blames Guardiola For City’s UCL Defeat by Nobody: 5:26am On May 30, 2021
If Gladiola had tried that his Nonsense first half tactic with a more and brutal attacking teams like Barcelona or inter Milan or Bayern Munich, they would have been losing nothing less than 4 goals to none at the end of the first half.
Imagine having Lionel Messi playing against a team without a defensive midfielder?
Haba what was Guadiola thinking?
Even the goal Chelsea scored was as a result of the lack of a defensive midfielder because the defenders had to pull out which gave harvert much space to run.
Now imagine such space with strikers like lewandoski or Luis Suarez?
I will say the defeat of Guadiola justifies the saying that "He who the gods want to kill, they first make him mad"

I think Guadiola was crazy upstairs to have underated Chelsea. This is what you get when you are overconfident.
Once again, congratulations to Chelsea and most importantly the coach.
The reason he lost to Bayern Munich last year was because he had Hollywood celeb (Neymar) as his player, who plays as if he does not want his makeup to clean.
His PSG players was the problem.
As for Guadiola, we can now agree that Lionel messi, xavi, iniesta, puyol and the Barca players of old made him who he is today.
If i was Guadiola, i will go back to Barcelona.
Barcelona is the only team that can give him a Uefa champions league again.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oliseh Blames Guardiola For City’s UCL Defeat by floss(m): 5:35am On May 30, 2021
Any champions league tournament an opposition goal keeper is made to chop grass, just know the cup belongs to Chelsea, it happened in 2012 semi final against almighty Barcelona where Fernando Torres (Chelsea's highest signing of the season) dribbled past Victor Valdez, 9years later, Fast forward to 2021 Champions league Final against the Citizens of Hell, Kai Harvertz(Chelsea's highest signing) recreated almost a similar scenario against all odds scoring his first champions league goal for Chelsea since his arrival.

Haters, I believe a lesson should be learnt from the event of last night, never you underestimate the under dog that reaches final. Manchester City never learnt anything from Manchester United mistake that cost them their only trophy (Europa Cup) this season, Chelsea tried a similar thing with Leicester city during the FA Cup gifting the cup to them (Leicester). Anyway as a Chelsea Fan I am confident and bold to say that Gadiola isn't the best tactician in modern day football given by the quality of players he has, Thomas Tuchel (Tochi) proved to be the best tactician in modern day football.
They should try harder next season, or else if Citizens of Hell are only Local Champions that only knows how to run rat race ( Premier League) in England, not always easy a newcomer in Champions League Final winning the trophy the first time except Marseille that did it in 1992 match against Milan.

We All Rise.
#Chelsea for Life # Blue Blood # Thomas Tochi Geng # General Ngolo Kante # Chelsea Lesbian Kai Harvertz # Champions of Europe

5 Likes

Re: Oliseh Blames Guardiola For City’s UCL Defeat by MVLOX(m): 5:50am On May 30, 2021
In most cases Pep over thinks situations and that leads to too much tinkering.... Sadly he was outsmarted and outfoxed by a more tactical genius....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oliseh Blames Guardiola For City’s UCL Defeat by temitope27(m): 6:03am On May 30, 2021
Pep is still the best manager in the world, try and congratulate Chelsea for job weldone

2 Likes

Re: Oliseh Blames Guardiola For City’s UCL Defeat by BobbyZrealist(m): 6:09am On May 30, 2021
Pep has played Chelsea three times this season,he lost all three.
He has shuffled his squad three times this season, still lost to Chelsea.
Pep won PSG a more attacking team than Chelsea home and away,without using a striker.

Oliseh that could hardly win a single match when he coached Nigeria, wants to school Pep. How stupid?
Even Chelsea haters want to school a coach that has won two titles already this season.

16 Likes

Re: Oliseh Blames Guardiola For City’s UCL Defeat by layzie: 6:28am On May 30, 2021
CardiNice:
If Gladiola had tried that his Nonsense first half tactic with a more and brutal attacking teams like Barcelona or inter Milan or Bayern Munich, they would have been losing nothing less than 4 goals to none at the end of the first half.
Imagine having Lionel Messi playing against a team without a defensive midfielder?
Even the goal Chelsea scored was as a result of the lack of a defensive midfielder because the defenders had to pull out which gave harvert much space to run.
I will say the defeat of Guadiola justifies the saying that "He who the gods want to kill, they first make him mad"

I think Guadiola was crazy upstairs to have underated Chelsea. This is what you get when you are overconfident.
The reason he lost to Bayern Munich last year was because he had Hollywood celeb (Neymar) as his player, who plays as if he is does not want his makeup to clean.
As for Guadiola, we can now agree that Lionel messi, xavi, iniesta, puyol and the Barca players of old made him who he is today.

I don't think he underrated chelsea. He lost twice to them this season before this game.

Overthinking is the problem. Guardiola has been known to overthink in some crucial games.
Sometimes when u overthink, u miss the simple basics

2 Likes

Re: Oliseh Blames Guardiola For City’s UCL Defeat by Ladiesdoctor(m): 6:31am On May 30, 2021
So, Oliseh sabi do coaching pass Guardiola?

Anyway, he should note that when its final game you don't underrate any team.

Its the survival of the fittest.

Chelsea team is the King
Re: Oliseh Blames Guardiola For City’s UCL Defeat by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:31am On May 30, 2021
UP CHELSEA.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oliseh Blames Guardiola For City’s UCL Defeat by tonyayodele(m): 6:32am On May 30, 2021
The mumu olisah no fit go help them collect the cup or he no try reach,for your life and our history in africa as a any africa coach get to that level before
First class mugu

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Blames Guardiola For City’s UCL Defeat by Nobody: 6:39am On May 30, 2021
layzie:

He did underrate chelsea.

Overthinking is the problem. Guardiola has been known to overthink in some crucial games.
Sometimes when u overthink, u miss the simple basics
He did that against Lyon last season.
He overthink too much and even before the match, the sky sports analysts
said the same thing, that sometimes he overthinks and they were absolutely right.
You can only over think when you have players like xavi, Iniesta, Lionel Messi and die hard defenders like Puyol and Mascherano in your team.
If you are going to play without a defensive midfielder, make sure you have Iniesta and Xavi in your team that can confidently hold onto the ball without fear in the centre of the field, that way you deny your opponent From having the ball.

If you look at it, the years he spent with Barcelona, even the two times he lost to inter Milan and Chelsea when he was in Barcelona. Barcelona was the best team in the world even in defeat.

The reason he failed at Bayern and PSG in the champions league is that he failed to realised that he no longer have Xavi, Iniesta and Lionel Messi.

7 Likes

Re: Oliseh Blames Guardiola For City’s UCL Defeat by phemmyfour: 6:40am On May 30, 2021
VeeVeeMyLuv:
Not starting Fernandhino was a miscalculation, a drawback for the coach, that was the turning point, the difference. Offering the edge to the opponents.
His plan was to overrun Chelsea in the first 30mins with 3 goals and relax. A good way to disrespect your opponent

5 Likes

Re: Oliseh Blames Guardiola For City’s UCL Defeat by phemmyfour: 6:41am On May 30, 2021
Ladiesdoctor:
So, Oliseh sabi do coaching pass Guardiola?

Anyway, he should note that when its final game you don't underrate any team.

Its the survival of the fittest.

Chelsea team is the King
Oliseh is the guardiola of Africa according to Pinnick

2 Likes

Re: Oliseh Blames Guardiola For City’s UCL Defeat by Jokerman(m): 7:07am On May 30, 2021
temitope27:
Pep is still the best manager in the world, try and congratulate Chelsea for job weldone

How is Pep the best manager in the world Oga??
Re: Oliseh Blames Guardiola For City’s UCL Defeat by paulolee(m): 7:09am On May 30, 2021
Chelsea won n lets congratulate them n move on than diverting the attention on pep..
pep is d best tactician dt i know and I was also confused seeing dt lineup without fernandinho or rodri but pep knows best..
d point is dt we would all be singing his praise about him being a tactician assuming things go as planned and its funny seeing alot of online analyst criticizing the best coach in England..
congrats blues...the sky is blue n i know pep av learnt his lessons

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oliseh Blames Guardiola For City’s UCL Defeat by Jazzman01: 7:13am On May 30, 2021
phemmyfour:
His plan was to overrun Chelsea in the first 30mins with 3 goals and relax. A good way to disrespect your opponent

Yeah, I saw that in their game play, but Chelsea's defence were upto the task. Penetrating Chelsea's defence is an herculean task and he should have coached his boys to shoot from outside the box. He has plenty players with good shot accuracy outside the box but they never tried it, all they wanted to do was get into the box.

2 Likes

Re: Oliseh Blames Guardiola For City’s UCL Defeat by Jazzman01: 7:23am On May 30, 2021
CardiNice:

The reason he lost to Bayern Munich last year was because he had Hollywood celeb (Neymar) as his player, who plays as if he does not want his makeup to clean.

I will blame pavlyuchenko for that goal. He should have stopped the run of havertz. He saw him calling for the ball and just left him completely, allowing him to run all the way.
Re: Oliseh Blames Guardiola For City’s UCL Defeat by Bossman25(m): 7:50am On May 30, 2021
Nonsense talk!
So because Guardiola didn't win the final is not a tactical coach? Tuchel is much better? Klopp too is not better than Tuchel?
A tuchel that set up his team on the defensive ad using only counters to win?
If the fluidity of that midfield that pep set up, had worked u won't be hear talking nonsense....If 2 of fenandinho was on the field it won't stop the goal.
All Guardiola wanted to do was attack, attack to get his goals..and they got chances to score but they didn't utilize it... Mind you this is the first time Man city are in the UCL final.
The only fault I had with Pep was Sterling.....that's the only player that messed up the team....
Chelsea will score anyway ....it was for man city to get goals...and sterling was total trash.
I would have started ferran Torres instead of Sterling......at least he would do a better job than that idiot.
Please try and analyze the match.......
Pep is still beat coach of modern football.....You don't win 30 Trophies in your managerial career and not be the best.

floss:
Any champions league tournament an opposition goal keeper is made to chop grass, just know the cup belongs to Chelsea, it happened in 2012 semi final against almighty Barcelona where Fernando Torres (Chelsea's highest signing of the season) dribbled past Victor Valdez, 9years later, Fast forward to 2021 Champions league Final against the Citizens of Hell, Kai Harvertz(Chelsea's highest signing) recreated almost a similar scenario against all odds scoring his first champions league goal for Chelsea since his arrival.

Haters, I believe a lesson should be learnt from the event of last night, never you underestimate the under dog that reaches final. Manchester City never learnt anything from Manchester United mistake that cost them their only trophy (Europa Cup) this season, Chelsea tried a similar thing with Leicester city during the FA Cup gifting the cup to them (Leicester). Anyway as a Chelsea Fan I am confident and bold to say that Gadiola isn't the best tactician in modern day football given by the quality of players he has, Thomas Tuchel (Tochi) proved to be the best tactician in modern day football.
They should try harder next season, or else if Citizens of Hell are only Local Champions that only knows how to run rat race ( Premier League) in England, not always easy a newcomer in Champions League Final winning the trophy the first time except Marseille that did it in 1992 match against Milan.

We All Rise.
#Chelsea for Life # Blue Blood # Thomas Tochi Geng # General Ngolo Kante # Chelsea Lesbian Kai Harvertz # Champions of Europe

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Blames Guardiola For City’s UCL Defeat by Matheusmartin: 7:59am On May 30, 2021
Oliseh should hush his mouth.
In the fa cup semi, city had both fernadinho and rodri in the game, and Chelsea still comfortably beat them

2 Likes

Re: Oliseh Blames Guardiola For City’s UCL Defeat by paulolee(m): 8:04am On May 30, 2021
CardiNice:

well done our online analyst...the problem with life is dt we all think we know better until we are in those shoes dt we are trying to Gv advice..
pep lost twice to Chelsea n u think he would try such "gamble" without being sure about it?
the world know pep as a tactical thinker and dt was last nite was pep for u, I also had problems with him playing de bruyne as false 9, starting sterling n not playing fernandinno or rodri but couldn't criticize his because pep is a tactician n dts wat made him d maanger with more trophies in Europe currently...
my dad do say, d worst tin yo do in life is a doctor to advise an experienced driver how to drive a car because the driver wouldn't try such in a hospital when d doc is working..
u and oliseh combined CANT know more than pep so I think we all should congratulate tuchel n allow pep to sulk from his mistakes because great men do need mistakes to learn..
Re: Oliseh Blames Guardiola For City’s UCL Defeat by Nobody: 8:17am On May 30, 2021
You are playing against Kante without a strong holding Midfielder, who does that. He should have even played two holding Midfielders. Man city should have the balls to sack Pep and hire and coach that will take serious games serious

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Blames Guardiola For City’s UCL Defeat by Depressed101: 8:37am On May 30, 2021
MVLOX:
In most cases Pep over thinks situations and that leads to too much tinkering.... Sadly he was outsmarted and outfoxed by a more tactical genius....
he wasn't outsmarted, he knew exactly what he should have done, but chose not to do it because of his feud with aguero, he put debrune in agueros natural position, foden at debrune position, mad mixture.. I'm a Chelsea fan, but I swear if aguero had started 1 goal was sure from him, i was so happy when he didn't start..

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Blames Guardiola For City’s UCL Defeat by Vulcanheph(m): 8:45am On May 30, 2021
I won't blame guardiola.... There's an old saying that says "you can't do the same thing Everytime and expect different results" ... Since Chelsea has beaten him Everytime he uses his Normal tactics he decided to use a different technique but that still failed him.

CHELSEA FOREVER
KTBFFH.
Re: Oliseh Blames Guardiola For City’s UCL Defeat by Ladiesdoctor(m): 9:01am On May 30, 2021
phemmyfour:
Oliseh is the guardiola of Africa according to Pinnick

And Picnic is the FIFA presido
Re: Oliseh Blames Guardiola For City’s UCL Defeat by Nobody: 12:00pm On May 30, 2021
BobbyZrealist:
Pep won PSG a more attacking team than Chelsea home and away,without using a striker.

Oliseh that could hardly win a single match when he coached Nigeria, wants to school Pep. How stupid?
Even Chelsea haters want to school a coach that has won two titles already this season.

Pep has played Chelsea more than 3 times this season.
Re: Oliseh Blames Guardiola For City’s UCL Defeat by Nobody: 12:01pm On May 30, 2021
Matheusmartin:
Oliseh should hush his mouth.
In the fa cup semi, city had both fernadinho and rodri in the game, and Chelsea still comfortably beat them

Comfortably?

Check that city semi final line up again.
Re: Oliseh Blames Guardiola For City’s UCL Defeat by Nobody: 12:02pm On May 30, 2021
tonyayodele:
The mumu olisah no fit go help them collect the cup or he no try reach,for your life and our history in africa as a any africa coach get to that level before
First class mugu

There's a reason Oliseh was interviewed and not you or anyone here.

If you know why, you won't call him names.

2 Likes

Re: Oliseh Blames Guardiola For City’s UCL Defeat by kingjooo(m): 12:29pm On May 30, 2021
BobbyZrealist:

Exactly my thought,when head of states the talk,councilor wan put mouth
Re: Oliseh Blames Guardiola For City’s UCL Defeat by Matheusmartin: 1:15pm On May 30, 2021
Kabongo1:

Comfortably?

Check that city semi final line up again.

I already did

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Muslims Attack Ahmed Musa For Posting His Christian Wife. / Goods News For Students. .. Accredit Your Online Betting Account With Airtime / Win Crib

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.