Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,286 members, 7,780,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:42 PM

Why Chelsea Fans Are Super Happy For Some Players Winning The Champions League - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Chelsea Fans Are Super Happy For Some Players Winning The Champions League (395 Views)

I Am Super Happy Tonight, I Won Over 90k Today / Many Chelsea Fans Are Not 'devastated' About Sarri's Exit- Pat Nevin / EPL: Some Chelsea Fans Are Stupid – Sarri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Chelsea Fans Are Super Happy For Some Players Winning The Champions League by hotwax: 7:32am On May 30, 2021
Chelsea became the champions on the 29th day of May, 2021. Here are some of the players who
- went through turbulent times since joining chelsea,
- were chelsea old guards who have been loyal to chelsea
- have been hunting for CL and failing.

Loya Old guards

Azpillicueta, Kante, Giroud:
Kante has been the overall best chelsea player of the decade ever since joined. Although attention was on hazard. However, Kante is likened to a goal keeper who doesnt get the credit because his name is not always in the score sheet. Referring to the commentor's assertion yesternight "Kante is the best player to ever play in that position in the history of football". How true it this?

Giroud left Arsenal to Chelsea in search of trophy and he has not been disappointed. The same cannot be said of Willian who said "I joined arsenal to win the Champions league". Giroud's patience paid off. He agreed to be a backup striker on the bench.

Azpillicueta: Mr Chelsea not a flamboyant personality, but has been the most loyal chelsea player in the mold of John Terry. No wonder he is the captain. He hardly or not featured on any transfer talk.

Kai Haverts/Werner
When kai havertz was introduced to play his first game, the first kick drew mockery from football fans all over the world. The first long range pass he picked up spiralled in the opposite direction. He was mocked on twitter and other social media platforms. But yesterday, he repaid his 89m tag. He scored the golden goal. Not only that, he unlocked Real Madrid defense on many occasion. He has been good at unlocking defenses. Now, his mockers are not laughing again. Werner, also had the same experience.

Ziyech/Silva/Tuchel
These have experienced champions league finals. Silva in particularly was worse affected. I saw a video where he confessed it was the painful thing he has ever fellt. Hakeem ziyech asso reached the final before chelsea got him. Tuchel was already feeling he was never going to win the CL. Many fans thought he has final bad luck. But he broke the jinx yesterday.

Others: Mendy
He wouldnt have dreamt of winning champions league this time last year when he was playing for a mid-table leager in France. Now he definitely going to win a personal award on his cleansheet record.

Lesson to all: Never mock a new player who is passing through hard times gelling with the team.

2 Likes

Re: Why Chelsea Fans Are Super Happy For Some Players Winning The Champions League by heniford2: 7:49am On May 30, 2021
You no talk james
Re: Why Chelsea Fans Are Super Happy For Some Players Winning The Champions League by hotwax: 8:06am On May 30, 2021
heniford2:
You no talk james

I didnt talk about James/Mount/Gilmour.

Because its an overachievement considering their age and how long they still have to play for chelsea. They passed through chelsea academy
Re: Why Chelsea Fans Are Super Happy For Some Players Winning The Champions League by Abid2020(m): 8:06am On May 30, 2021
I am happy for ben chilwell because he came to chelsea for trophy and he lifted the biggest club trophy,haverz said it was his childhood aspiration to win UCL

(1) (Reply)

Ighalo Wins Player Of The Month Award In Saudi Arabia / PFA Premier League Team Of The Year 2021: Man City Dominate / Logan Paul Goes The Distance With Floyd Mayweather In Farcical Exhibition Bout

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.