Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,860 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? (38851 Views)

5 Reasons Why There Are So Many Decent People Who Are Single Nowadays / 5 Reasons Why There Are So Many Decent People Who Are Single Nowadays. / Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by Debra911(f): 11:22am On May 31, 2021
bigpicture001:

Debra i have met a lady that talks like u...if u want i can giv u her number...she boast with all these your saying guyz are this guyz are that...no good guy anywhere,no tru love only cheats everywhere..sh refused to date anyone and like u said focuz on career...until we met....

Sh came out with lots of conditions..no sex till marriage, no visiting me at wee hours of night etc stupid stupid policies...because i love her brains and reasonings, and especially her slim obviously tall looks i agreed..the said girl started laff...and concluded i will run away in just 3months that guyz cant stay with those conditions...i dared her.

Ok..relationship started with her...am not a too much sex craving guy..i had a problem...i no get money..buy with lots of ambitions and certifications...wen its past two years..with no single cheating,sex, or fight or quarel sh was amazed and the time came for me to try to grow a biz ..that is grow financially, the said girl who now has plenty money from where sh works..became jiltery to be of help. Sh will grudge and say its a guy dats suppose to help a girl nd not the other way round....when i left her to out of anger sh wouldnt bring back the topic again...mind u,av yried almost all friends to no avail..she will always say go to bank na....

Eventually after much pressure on her.sh did help me albeit grudginly...do u know what? She ended the two and half years relationship on the ground of her percieved inapprioproate
Contributions to grow a man...she saw wot the biz is about how i invested the money in it...but she quitted...

I beeged this girl for the nest two months, and sh refused to come back till this day..now on her watsap.sh is out again looking for a patner..now if u would agree with me..what do ladies really want.. They want to have everything at the platter of gold..now the huzle gives me about 6digits earnings....

You see ,u dont blame me when i tell you ladies dont even know what they eant aside a guy who have money,they can disguise this need in variius forms,but bottom.line is its same thing they seek...u guys never see anything..be forcing urself on the few who are rich ,them go kill una with cheting and disregard.....

I am not saying ur experience is a lie, but u attached unachievable conditions to ur man.....u good girls are troublesome..looking at ur post,i know ur a good girl
'Troublesome' hahahaha that got me. Having read all you've said , sorry about your relationship. I repeat I'm not that kind of girl. If I really went after a rich guy, i wouldn't have dated the first guy. My dad is influential, there is no kind of money,zeroes ... I've seen all ,but it didn't bring my family happiness,I know what I'm talking about. The truth is most guys misinterpret a lot of things, one mistake I made in my past was that I loved too much, i did more of the calling,chatting, checking on him and you know some guys think,when you love too much, you have no other options in life ,they'll start misbehaving. I didnt understand how the game worked, i was naive, i had my own fault on side, i'm not perfect but I was willing to change but he wasnt ready to correct me ,he concluded and left me helpless. My ex is now rich, working with a big firm in lag &begging to return but I'm not giving a 2nd chance. He took me for a fool. My family never wanted him cos he wasnt my tribe but i made my mum believe he's good. Omo forget these love stories, its already a past and i've moved on. I'm still willing to try a new one but its as if it aint working, im still taking my time sha. But I can't kill myself o

2 Likes

Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by AntiNigerian: 11:38am On May 31, 2021
OLULAW:

You're right. The friend whose spouse I described above did everything to change the situation all to no avail. This is a woman she mentored from nothing. As for me, I'll never marry. There is nothing special about marriage. It's a cross I'm not prepared to bear.
Same thing with me here. I have 0 tolerance for anyone especially when it comes to nonsense! All I'll just simply do is to have a child or two and move on..

2 Likes

Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by AntiNigerian: 11:44am On May 31, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Sir being a single person is not a problem but how can you live in old age? You need a companion a family or even someone to help you, this is the only thing I'm thinking, if I can solve this I would never marry
have two kids from either one or two women and move your Fückking life on! That's the reality here! Even for me, i have money and can settle down if I wish to, but not interested in that. I need a kid in the next 4 years sef

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by AntiNigerian: 11:46am On May 31, 2021
Debra911:

You're very funny. One problem with we Nigerians is that we generalize everyone. See nobody says or does anything without no reason. I'm not that kind of chic. The first guy I dated had nothing,he had no job, in fact I spent more cos my family were giving me, i cant mention all I did for the guy, yet he cheated and he wasn't even my tribe. That was the first time I'll be in a relationship doing what a guy was meant to do for me,I wanted to be there through thick & thin, cos all I wanted was happiness and true love. So pls forget all these sermon, i'm talking from experience. Nobody is a saint these days. I used to love easily, in fact I fell in love with someone online, I've not even met him before but that one felt I fell for him cos he's staying overseas, I started giving him space. I'm from a comfortable home, the only time I became broke is during my nysc, i wanted to be independent, I didnt want to disturb my people. so a guy been rich or not, wasn't my problem, I wanted something genuine, irrespective of the fact that a lady loves to be spoilt with money, thats not my modus operandi. These relationship and marriage thing is overrated, Romance has gone wrong ,cheating is the other of the day, infact cheating is no longer a new thing, some brag with it cos they feel they're catching fun. I've got people asking me out but I'm still doing my proper check, if I'm not satisfied, I'll leave single, work towards my career, adopt a child of my own and train the child. Some humans are just created to spoil peoples joy &happiness, nobody deserves to be unhappy.
i understand how you feel, it's terrible

1 Like

Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by bigpicture001: 12:00pm On May 31, 2021
Debra911:

'Troublesome' hahahaha that got me. Having read all you've said , sorry about your relationship. I repeat I'm not that kind of girl. If I really went after a rich guy, i wouldn't have dated the first guy. My dad is influential, there is no kind of money,zeroes ... I've seen all ,but it didn't bring my family happiness,I know what I'm talking about. The truth is most guys misinterpret a lot of things, one mistake I made in my past was that I loved too much, i did more of the calling,chatting, checking on him and you know some guys think,when you love too much, you have no other options in life ,they'll start misbehaving. I didnt understand how the game worked, i was naive, i had my own fault on side, i'm not perfect but I was willing to change but he wasnt ready to correct me ,he concluded and left me helpless. My ex is now rich, working with a big firm in lag &begging to return but I'm not giving a 2nd chance. He took me for a fool. My family never wanted him cos he wasnt my tribe but i made my mum believe he's good. Omo forget these love stories, its already a past and i've moved on. I'm still willing to try a new one but its as if it aint working, im still taking my time sha. But I can't kill myself o

Even if he is past...u saidbit urself that u were naive...he also is..you both are quite younger. If u think he is genuinly sorry, y not try him again after all, they said the devil you knowbis better than an angel u dont know..if u were able to see past the tribe ish...den u are ready to go down with him ...giv him another try..he wil worship u now

In my last relationship, i called like 3x daily, check on ,make myself available in needs everything u can think of..wish it was u like u boast..like all of u can boast...

But truth is that moat of u cant cant manage relationship..i mean u good girls

4 Likes

Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by Debra911(f): 12:09pm On May 31, 2021
bigpicture001:

Is it now clear to you that i know you even from an opaque far away faceless forum...ladies are the same thing everywhere....

Just continue to endure till u meet ur puppet. You people dont know what you really want.

Will u be shocked to know that you can never be comitted to that guy even if he does everything u ever wanted in this life...you will stand by him till yoy meet a better person and then u will apologize and leave him..ladies are wired to ONLY be commited to a man after sex with him...no matter how she thinks she is commited..she is always at the door.. She will leave at the slightest provocation or whenever she sees a better man..

Know it debra..that all humans are grouped into differnt behaviours..nomatter how differnt u tink you are there are crowds of people begaving like you..just that you dont know them..and science has come to study large amount of diverse humans and grouo their behiours as a group..so dont think you are special in character..

I cn go aheaf and tell you alot of things on how you see life,patnership, achievement, etc..its not cuz i know you,but i could figure u out in a group of hman behaviour....

Just continue to try oyt in relationship..i know how it will end for u..and what ecactly will haooen in ur marriage..i dont wantbto sound like a God..but live out the life...wish could write it out and show u now so read them when they alk happen...

Good luck
Hahahaha... Keep putting me in such category. Nobody is perfect , even God has both his good and bad sides. Tolerance and understanding are what we need to live in this mysterious life. All men cheat , both good and bad ones, i cant certainy leave a 'good cheater' but when it keeps occuring, i'll have to leave; Habit is easily formed than to Jettison. I'm not feeling too special, infact all human beings ain't the same, the palms on our hands ain't even the same, there are lots Of pecuarity differences. Stop categorizing me as those ladies, So u know nothing about me. Its a free world by the way

1 Like

Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by Debra911(f): 12:11pm On May 31, 2021
bigpicture001:

Even if he is past...u saidbit urself that u were naive...he also is..you both are quite younger. If u think he is genuinly sorry, y not try him again after all, they said the devil you knowbis better than an angel u dont know..if u were able to see past the tribe ish...den u are ready to go down with him ...giv him another try..he wil worship u now

In my last relationship, i called like 3x daily, check on ,make myself available in needs everything u can think of..wish it was u like u boast..like all of u can boast...

But truth is that moat of u cant cant manage relationship..i mean u good girls
My ex ain't any kid, na just "ojukokoro" as Yoruba people will say.
Hmmm, I can't say anything further. "Na person wey wear show know where e dey pain am"

1 Like

Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by bigpicture001: 12:24pm On May 31, 2021
Debra911:
My ex ain't any kid, na just "ojukokoro" as Yoruba people will say.
Hmmm, I can't say anything further. "Na person wey wear show know where e dey pain am"

Maybe there are worst things u cant share here...

But lower some of your requirements..i know its your life..but u wil chase away alot of equally good people.. Those standards doesnt guarantee anything..wish i could tell u how it will end..cuz i know..its not in regrets..but in big realizations.

If u know, it wont be fun anymore..the mystery is good for u..but i know the end from the begining. U write like ur different..but from.my experience its very much in doubt..its d usual self believe of being differnt
Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by Debra911(f): 1:22pm On May 31, 2021
bigpicture001:

Maybe there are worst things u cant share here...

But lower some of your requirements..i know its your life..but u wil chase away alot of equally good people.. Those standards doesnt guarantee anything..wish i could tell u how it will end..cuz i know..its not in regrets..but in big realizations.

If u know, it wont be fun anymore..the mystery is good for u..but i know the end from the begining. U write like ur different..but from.my experience its very much in doubt..its d usual self believe of being differnt
OK I agree with you
Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by aktolly54(m): 2:07pm On May 31, 2021
Hassanmaye:

That's what I want to hear, but what of if he adopt a child, honestly the way the world is now I dont think I Will marry, my only thinking is may be old age, I may need a helping hand which..
just gamble it, find a cool girl and put for house. Pray about it and marry then keep enjoying yourself with gf coded

2 Likes

Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by gforce5: 3:50pm On May 31, 2021
For the life of me, I will never understand the obsession with marriage in this part of the world. There are many reasons why "decent people" are still single. The most crucial is the economy. People say that there's more to life than money. Try getting pampas for your kids, then you will understand. Try getting a decent apartment with low salary then you will understand. Another reason why decent people are still single is the societal expectation that a man must cover all the family's expenses. "Your money is our money and my money is mine alone". You see that statement? That statement has sent many men to their untimely graves.

Another reason why decent people are single is because they want to. Not everyone wants to get married. Majority do obviously but not all. You also have to understand, the rugged nature of this country is so great that most people don't understand the concept of love. Many people have being programmed to have a survival instinct which means that issues such as love and character are out of the door. What matters is what the respective gender can offer. Many women see marriage as a means of escaping poverty while a lot of men believe that the only thing women respect is money and they feel that they can get a woman's love with money. Tell me why there wouldn't be so many single people with that kind of mindset?

5 Likes

Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by OLULAW: 3:56pm On May 31, 2021
AntiNigerian:
Same thing with me here. I have 0 tolerance for anyone especially when it comes to nonsense! All I'll just simply do is to have a child or two and move on..

Having children and not been there for them, in my view, isn't good. You leave a hole in their lives. Why would you want to do that?
Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by Rimini: 5:35pm On May 31, 2021
Hello!
If you love to read romance novels and write them, this is an excellent opportunity!!!!! grin grin
Make money online writing mini romance novels of a maximum of 15k words.

We would love to read your samples (a maximum of 2k words) and see if you make the cut.
If you are drafted, you would be asked to write a 1k5 test for us, and you will be paid @1N per word.

If you do pass the test, then you will be welcomed on board. Depending on the quality of your writing, we would pay N1.5 per word and increase your pay to N2 per word.

All samples are to be sent to thriftanddeals@gmail.com.

We look forward to hearing from you!
Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by Youngpo413: 9:10pm On May 31, 2021
Debra911:

All these just describe my singleness grin. I just prefer to be single to be at peace; not like I don't wish to be in a relationship but there are no true love out there. Pretty girls are preys to predators. Most are pretenders, cheaters and people who just want to chop & clean mouth, in fact even destabilize you emotionally. I have my family and friends, I'm fine with them. They show me true love and happiness..
make excess money and remain single,na who love epp? Money is everything...
Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by Debra911(f): 9:42pm On May 31, 2021
Youngpo413:
make excess money and remain single,na who love epp? Money is everything...
Abi na, thanks dear
Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by revilomichaels(m): 10:28pm On May 31, 2021
From my SS3 till last 2 years, 9ce never been single... Just move from one babe to another. Now, I want a wife and for the dry two years, I've been single.... Its not bc in looking for a perfect girl... Good girls with substance are rare these days....

3 Likes

Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by testimony1089(m): 4:32am On Jun 01, 2021
smiliyB:
Please don't mind them, keep being you. The truth is that most of them even want to be like you but they find it difficult to.
It's just like I was born to a very wrong generation. It's like I'm living in fantasy but I know one day I will surely find someone like me...

1 Like

Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by wagzy37: 4:50am On Jun 01, 2021
The reason why ‘decent’ people are single is because of the expectations. Women are earning more money nowadays and the effect of this is making them less feminine and less-marriageable. Men nowadays are refusing to deal with the feminists and independent women. The modern traditional relationships of the old are being wiped off and men aren’t having it.
Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by wagzy37: 4:56am On Jun 01, 2021
Debra911:

You're very funny. One problem with we Nigerians is that we generalize everyone. See nobody says or does anything without no reason. I'm not that kind of chic. The first guy I dated had nothing,he had no job, in fact I spent more cos my family were giving me, i cant mention all I did for the guy, yet he cheated and he wasn't even my tribe. That was the first time I'll be in a relationship doing what a guy was meant to do for me,I wanted to be there through thick & thin, cos all I wanted was happiness and true love. So pls forget all these sermon, i'm talking from experience. Nobody is a saint these days. I used to love easily, in fact I fell in love with someone online, I've not even met him before but that one felt I fell for him cos he's staying overseas, I started giving him space. I'm from a comfortable home, the only time I became broke is during my nysc, i wanted to be independent, I didnt want to disturb my people. so a guy been rich or not, wasn't my problem, I wanted something genuine, irrespective of the fact that a lady loves to be spoilt with money, thats not my modus operandi. These relationship and marriage thing is overrated, Romance has gone wrong ,cheating is the other of the day, infact cheating is no longer a new thing, some brag with it cos they feel they're catching fun. I've got people asking me out but I'm still doing my proper check, if I'm not satisfied, I'll leave single, work towards my career, adopt a child of my own and train the child. Some humans are just created to spoil peoples joy &happiness, nobody deserves to be unhappy.

Lmao! Modern woman. You understand that single women in their 40’s with a lot of money are the most unhappy in the world now? Adopt a child? � Don’t worry, you definitely will understand pretty soon.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by wagzy37: 5:00am On Jun 01, 2021
testimony1089:

Like seriously, it's disheartening the way people now see unfaithfulness as normal thing. Sometimes I wonder if anything is wrong with me because of the way my friends attack me for being like this and still believe in faithful relationship because they believe it's not possible and my last relationship almost made me believe them. It's just a natural thing for me but believe me, it's tiring because cheating has been normalised. I'm really scared of ending up lik this because I can't settle for less...

Can’t settle for less? Lmao! You ladies are funny. Have you ever asked what the ‘kind of man’ you want, wants from you? Y’all believe once you’re in a relationship, it’s a contract that shouldn’t be broken. You forget that YOU THE WOMEN have to work to keep the relationship. Men - especially the high value ones, don’t cheat. They exercise options. Sex to a man is different from sex to a woman.

1 Like

Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by Debra911(f): 6:16am On Jun 01, 2021
wagzy37:

Lmao! Modern woman. You understand that single women in their 40’s with a lot of money are the most unhappy in the world now? Adopt a child? � Don’t worry, you definitely will understand pretty soon.
Thanks for the Care grin
Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by smiliyB(f): 6:34am On Jun 01, 2021
testimony1089:

It's just like I was born to a very wrong generation. It's like I'm living in fantasy but I know one day I will surely find someone like me...
Sure! You'll
Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by addictiv(m): 9:07am On Jun 01, 2021
Some of the hardest people to deal with in relationships re the self acclaimed decent people. They have an over bloated self perception and set standards for others that they themselves can't and won't meet.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by phazotron(m): 10:44pm On Jun 01, 2021
Because we're tired of female insanity.

To be honest with everything going on in the world it's really depressing. All I can think of these days is escaping the world into heaven.

Seriously, guys Don Dey wise up. Guys no get strength for the wahala of female gender.
Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by phazotron(m): 10:46pm On Jun 01, 2021
neyohh:
Women are not complicated, they want rich handsome and caring.

Most guy's don't have these qualities in one package.

Guy's are happy with decent looks and character.

Meaning, the gatekeepers of the dating scene are responsible for the imbalance.

They'll wake up to their errors at 50. grin

Girls like 10/10

Close minded humans.

What they're not smart enough to realize is that there's no 10/10 anywhere.
Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by AntiNigerian: 4:35pm On Jun 02, 2021
OLULAW:

Having children and not been there for them, in my view, isn't good. You leave a hole in their lives. Why would you want to do that?
you don forget wetin be child support? Of course they are free to live with me and visit their mum anytime they like
Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by Rosement(f): 6:51pm On Jun 02, 2021
Some are saying marriage is sweet while some are saying marriage is bitter and some are saying marriage is like living in parasite while some are saying marriage is a form of imprisonment.

The power to make a choice is in your hands, choose wisely. Remember, It's a once in a lifetime opportunity, pick the best, don't try to manage.

It is better to be late than sorry. There is no best age for marriage, marriage is not a race, give yourself enough chance for preparation.

This is my advice for you, don't marry someone that is not compatible with you, don't marry out of pity, don't marry a reliability and don't be a reliability.

Not all unmarried people are parasites looking for golds to dig and not all of them are proud people searching for unachievable expectations like some people assumed.

Some unmarried people are just waiting to achieve certain goals before settling down while some haven't found the right partner.

A lot of people that got married out of pressure are regretting it today. Don't let anyone pressure you, don't get married until you are ready. It is better to be single than to be in a bad or unhealthy relationship.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by esivue007(m): 7:06pm On Jun 02, 2021
Am decently single..
Despite the hot pressure from the malabress, I still keep my head down. I exhibited every point made by d OP. ..even as a yellow and extremely handsome dude(22yrs) and a medical student of University of calabar, Nigeria.

I pray God help me,I don't want to make mistake...
Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by phazotron(m): 10:27pm On Jun 02, 2021
wagzy37:

Can’t settle for less? Lmao! You ladies are funny. Have you ever asked what the ‘kind of man’ you want, wants from you? Y’all believe once you’re in a relationship, it’s a contract that shouldn’t be broken. You forget that YOU THE WOMEN have to work to keep the relationship. Men - especially the high value ones, don’t cheat. They exercise options. Sex to a man is different from sex to a woman.

Na wetin the last girl dey tell me

She dey talk nonsense say "because she was acting cold to me is not an excuse to quit the relationship"

Because I be mumu Abi? People Wey dey reason like say head dey pain dem. Woman mata no be mata true true.

1 Like

Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by t2u234: 1:06am On Jun 03, 2021
Yes you are right. The particular model I have is 4gig RAM and 64gig ROM. It's different from the one of 1gig RAM and 8gig ROM
baddosky1:

It's costly! Jumia sells it for N10k and in AliExpress, it is sold for about N12k - N15k
Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by Realhommie(m): 1:01pm On Jun 03, 2021
ChiefSosa:
Bad girls ain't no good....Good girls ain't no fun.
Wale - Matrimony, right? ... I love that song..

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Love Hotels: ‘short-time’ Service Becomes Saviour Amid Economic Downturn / If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? / Crazy Ways To Spark Up Your Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.