Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:13 AM

What If 9ja Was Like America? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What If 9ja Was Like America? (1727 Views)

Who Said 9ja Was Not Part Of Coalition Of Islamic States Against Terror???? / Which President Since 9ja Was Born Is Better Than Jonathan; Ans With Reason. / Will Black Ever Be China President Like America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If 9ja Was Like America? by chaz(m): 10:26am On Jul 13, 2007
Have you ever wondered how developed Nigeria would be if we had the good governance of America? All our brain heads who are doing well in other countries would come home and we would be competing in development with the Uk! We would have great world influence, we would be among the G8 and we would show the white people that the blacks can over power them like they did to us years ago!
Re: What If 9ja Was Like America? by MILITIA(f): 11:00am On Jul 13, 2007
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Not in this life time! Maybe in the the spiritual world to come! Never wondered at all because it is an[b] "impossibility"![/b]
Re: What If 9ja Was Like America? by angel101(f): 11:29am On Jul 13, 2007
Or under the sea grin
Re: What If 9ja Was Like America? by MILITIA(f): 12:14pm On Jul 13, 2007
angel101:

Or under the sea grin

he he he he he he he!  The patriotism "tin" don tire you? grin At least you gave small hope!  Under the sea ke?  That means the ship has sunk! tongue  whispering You wan drown Nigeria?  Make I help you small----
Re: What If 9ja Was Like America? by angel101(f): 12:17pm On Jul 13, 2007
Nooooooooooo i'm still patriotic o! but as dem dey do hair products under sea, i think say Naija fit turn America for under sea. grin
Re: What If 9ja Was Like America? by MILITIA(f): 12:18pm On Jul 13, 2007
Yeah----------right! wink
Re: What If 9ja Was Like America? by Mamajama(m): 2:37pm On Jul 13, 2007
Maybe in 200 Million years. but that is a long way to come. We have legislation in America we have lobbying in Nigeria. We have effective security in America what do we have in Nigeria? lawlessness. We have welfare in America, Nigerian does not even have provision for unemployments benefits. Our leaders do not care about the poor.
Re: What If 9ja Was Like America? by vigasimple(m): 3:41pm On Jul 13, 2007
If we are thinking of logic and scientifically, yes, Nigera will never catch up or be like Ameriac or the UK.

But with God all things are possible. God does not apply law of logic and science, he works miracoulously, and my own faith and instinct tells me something will happen that will speed the progress of Nigeria at a super lever not imaginable at our wildest dream.

I will give you 2 examples to support my point.

DUBAI- It is less than 40 years, it is even better than America, they grow things artificailly, Ice Rink for example in the Desert, some unbelievable development. World first 7 stars hotel, endless, it is referred to Heaven on earth.

GSM phone- this is basically the begining of God's wisdom when the man's ended. MKO Abiola was reported/alledged to have been given 800 million (when money was indeed money 1 to 1) to fix Nigeria Land line as the then boss of ITT. That project was never completed. That is man logic for you.

What happens, God took over from the failed logic of human being, then comes GSM, even people in the village has 2 or 3 now, infact in few years time , everything will be done fron mobile phone and will be recharged from solar.

So, impropably as it may look or sound, I actually believes Nigeria wii be world class in our own time. How God is going to do it I don't know but he will surely do it.

The only insight  I can see is that God will use the young one's in collaborrations with the adult to turn things around.

We had the Egyptian empire, The romans, The British Empire, now the American, then the Chineese amd INdians and soon it will be the Nigerian empire., what year I can tell you

God is more than able to do it when he is ready and he will do just for him to show that he is God and that theres is nothing impossible for him

May God bless everyone of us.
Re: What If 9ja Was Like America? by MILITIA(f): 4:19pm On Jul 13, 2007
Mamajama:

Maybe in 200 Million years. but that is a long way to come. We have legislation in America we have lobbying in Nigeria. We have effective security in America what do we have in Nigeria? lawlessness. We have welfare in America, Nigerian does not even have provision for unemployments benefits. Our leaders do not care about the poor.

Thank you for making your reasons in your post very short!  200 million years? CHAI! cry  That is even worse and more depressing than my prediction of "impossibility"!  Yes, Nigeria is only a country for the so-called "rich"!  No middle class.  You are either dead or alive!  Not even "terminal" --half dead or half alive-- can be applied to anything in Nigeria! grin  It is really a country of "extreme" sports!

@Vigasimple
Thank you for answering the question first before the "LONG TIN"! wink  You saved me a lot of wahala in your area! grin  Good job!
Re: What If 9ja Was Like America? by angel101(f): 4:28pm On Jul 13, 2007
vigasimple:

If we are thinking of logic and scientifically, yes, Nigera will never catch up or be like Ameriac or the UK.

But with God all things are possible. God does not apply law of logic and science, he works miracoulously, and my own faith and instinct tells me something will happen that will speed the progress of Nigeria at a super lever not imaginable at our wildest dream.

I will give you 2 examples to support my point.

DUBAI- It is less than 40 years, it is even better than America, they grow things artificailly, Ice Rink for example in the Desert, some unbelievable development. World first 7 stars hotel, endless, it is referred to Heaven on earth.

GSM phone- this is basically the begining of God's wisdom when the man's ended. MKO Abiola was reported/alledged to have been given 800 million (when money was indeed money 1 to 1) to fix Nigeria Land line as the then boss of ITT. That project was never completed. That is man logic for you.

What happens, God took over from the failed logic of human being, then comes GSM, even people in the village has 2 or 3 now, infact in few years time , everything will be done fron mobile phone and will be recharged from solar.

So, impropably as it may look or sound, I actually believes Nigeria wii be world class in our own time. How God is going to do it I don't know but he will surely do it.

The only insight  I can see is that God will use the young one's in collaborrations with the adult to turn things around.

We had the Egyptian empire, The romans, The British Empire, now the American, then the Chineese amd INdians and soon it will be the Nigerian empire., what year I can tell you

God is more than able to do it when he is ready and he will do just for him to show that he is God and that theres is nothing impossible for him

May God bless everyone of us.

I beg wake up. which miracle? u want God to come down in human form? Good governance is what is making Dubai heaven on earth. the same is what we lack and thats y we are not where they are. which one be say 'with God all things are possible' must we doctrinize everything? phew!! i tire for my people.
Re: What If 9ja Was Like America? by MILITIA(f): 4:32pm On Jul 13, 2007
angel101:

I beg wake up. which miracle? u want God to come down in human form? Good governance is what is making Dubai heaven on earth. the same is what we lack and thats y we are not where they are. which one be say 'with God all things are possible' must we doctrinize everything? phew!! i tire for my people.

Laffing my cute-ass to tears! grin Here comes my dear "ambivalent" patriot! Don't you know that we have to be like "Paul and Silas" in the Bible to make Nigeria great? grin I beg no kill me with laff! For a change no fighting! Na so so laff today! grin
Re: What If 9ja Was Like America? by MILITIA(f): 4:44pm On Jul 13, 2007
chaz:

Have you ever wondered how developed Nigeria would be if we had the good governance of America? All our brain heads who are doing well in other countries would come home and we would be competing in development with the Uk! We would have great world influence, we would be among the G8 and we would show the white people that the blacks can over power them like they did to us years ago!

Now you have mentioned the "good" parts!  I hope you are prepared to accept the "bad" and the "ugly" with them!

-Women as heads of the households
-Men babysitting and doing house chores
-Being grandparents at 35 years old
-Gun and war hungry/blood thirsty for action all over the world
-Old men molesting and kidnapping young boys and girls
-10th graders abi na JSS1 gals/boys giving BJs behind school buses for competition
-Children become your parents and parents become the children
-Teachers have sex with students
-No cooking ---all eating out with fat fat chemical filling foods
-Xtasy pills for migraines
-Marijuana for medical treatments
-Purchasing Eggs and Sperms on Ebay
-Dumping your grandparents in Nursing homes.
-Walking around half naked with all kinds of tatoos in the name of fashion
-Blow up buildings when you are angry
-Knock off your wealthy parents for insurance money
-Kill pregnant wives as soon as you find out and dump her body in the river/fish food
-Kill your husband with anti-freeze if you find he is about to divorce you
-Free use of anti-psychotic cocktails--prozac, Xanax etc for all ages of KOLOMENTALS
-Become a feelance drug addict till your late 90s
-Women inseminate themselves by picking up used condoms
-Men pay multiple child supports for everlasting damnation for kids not yours
-Change sexes at will---be a Player
-No virginity topics to be heard-Everyone is born without errrrrrr
-Religion--a thing of the past
-Life on Jerry Springer show becomes normal

he he he he he! Laff wan finish me!  And so on and so forth!-------ARE YOU READY? tongue  I am sure you get my drift! grin
Re: What If 9ja Was Like America? by naijaway(m): 9:45pm On Jul 13, 2007
@militia, naija people will not be involved with majority of that list u have above and is not a must that that's what a developed nation does.  Some just have the capabilities and hold on to dat.
@ topic, from my point of view, i think we won't necessarily be like America because of our nature of traditional rulers and other forms of oppression but we can be at a level of unimaginable vision now that we already have seen the developed nations and so on.  
It is very possible for nigeria to be more than America because if we have people that innovate new things, recycle and remake or invent new things, have a common value, then I don't see us not being the best in the world considering the fact that we are in Africa where majority of the resources are.  We won't need the chinese or any other people not Africans to come and start minning for resources because it will be watever we make they will all have to use till we modify or radically change the products.  How many African nations are minning in europe, america, or asia even the middle east but the reverse is true.
 On human rights  part, with these crooks, oppresors, and thieves called traditional rulers, we would be the worst developed nation because they will be rampant abuses without federal reactions just because we want to keep a tradition that the past made for themselves when it was needed back then.
Re: What If 9ja Was Like America? by MILITIA(f): 9:59pm On Jul 13, 2007
@naijaway
You must be a Nigerian graduate! Please read the topic well oh! WHAT IF NIGERIA WAS LIKE AMERICA? tongue Nothing add, nothing subrract! It is not an essay question that requires 20[b] fullscap [/b] sheets of paper! grin
Re: What If 9ja Was Like America? by denex: 10:10pm On Jul 13, 2007
If Nigeria was like America, we would have bombed Cameroun and taken back Bakassi.
Re: What If 9ja Was Like America? by MILITIA(f): 10:12pm On Jul 13, 2007
denex:

If Nigeria was like America, we would have bombed Cameroun and taken back Bakassi.

You mean that Cameroun would have been part of Nigeria since 200 years ago? grin
Re: What If 9ja Was Like America? by denex: 10:16pm On Jul 13, 2007
@MILITIA

sorry that's what I meant jare. And if Nigeria was like America, Tony Blair would have welcomed Obasanjo's Third Term as a Novel idea. A new invention in modern politics.
Re: What If 9ja Was Like America? by MILITIA(f): 10:30pm On Jul 13, 2007
denex:

@MILITIA

sorry that's what I meant jare. And if Nigeria was like America, Tony Blair would have welcomed Obasanjo's Third Term as a Novel idea. A new invention in modern politics.

SHARP SHARP! grin When oyinbo peeps wan do agbero no be for mouth oh! They back it up with real action! grin
Re: What If 9ja Was Like America? by naijaway(m): 10:45pm On Jul 13, 2007
@militia, what is your point? regarding my answer. Since when has Nigeria's issue started being a one liner answer.
Re: What If 9ja Was Like America? by MILITIA(f): 11:20pm On Jul 13, 2007
@naijaway
My point is that you are deviating from the topic.
Re: What If 9ja Was Like America? by superman(m): 11:04pm On Jul 14, 2007
MILITIA

enemy of progress
Re: What If 9ja Was Like America? by vigasimple(m): 11:44pm On Jul 14, 2007
Let me first apologise for reading the thread wrongly.

What I thought the thread is saying was that- will Nigeria ever become like America?.

The answer to the thread what if Nigeria was like America, what is happening in America and the nossy nossy all over the world is what Nigeria will also be doing.

Infact

MILITIA

sum up what we may likely be.

As for ANGEL 101,

It is clear to me you do not believe in God or the power of supernatural transformation.
Let me remind you that there was a time the American's were once a colony of the Great British Empire, what happen today, they are the world leaders.

When God is going to start his work, he will first bring all the bad people to account and then bring order and good governace.

I can accept that your frustartion like everyone of us is making us to lose hope or doubt GOd.

But whether or not you believe it and I don't know your age but I pray that God spare your life another 25 years and more, you may just eat humble pie when God show you who he is and what he can do when he decided to do so. My instinct is that it will be much earlier, but let us leave God and his timing.

I will leave you with this small information, there is a big industrial city in Japan called KOBE, there was earthquake for 30 seconds and $30 billion dollars worth of wealth was wiped out about 10-15 years ago.Today they have rebuilt that it is even better than before.

Who could have thought that in our own lifetime Nigeria will build a city like Abuja.

He who wait on the Lord will have their strenght renewed. Don't lose hope, our tommorrow will be bright. God is more than able to take care of all the people especially leaders destroying Nigeria and her vast human and natural resources.

Just make sure you are not part of them, becasue God judgement is always hot.

May God continue to guide us and lead us to our Promise Land
Re: What If 9ja Was Like America? by angel101(f): 12:08am On Jul 15, 2007
My brother if u take the bible literarily i fear u will get no where ok

Kobe did not re build Japan by sitting on their ass and hoping that God will perform a miracle. From what i understand, the japanese infact do not believe in God. So brother what is ur point?

I ask again. will God come down to repair Nigeria? Is it not the Nigerians that he will use if they are willing? Everything does not have to be doctrinized. we need to wake up and smell the coffe!
Re: What If 9ja Was Like America? by MILITIA(f): 2:25am On Jul 15, 2007
superman:

MILITIA

enemy of progress

Okoh? Na wetin now? You did not say anything about the topic oh! Na only Militia dey here? All this bad belle peeps! I am trying to be patriotic so Nigeria does not be like America and you say I am an enemy of "which progress"? Shwooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo? Fake Superman! grin
Re: What If 9ja Was Like America? by Nobody: 2:29am On Jul 15, 2007
militia  leave superman alone o
The boy get powers o

who dash lipsrsealed
Re: What If 9ja Was Like America? by MILITIA(f): 2:35am On Jul 15, 2007
vigasimple:

Let me first apologise for reading the thread wrongly.
What I thought the thread is saying was that- will Nigeria ever become like America?.
The answer to the thread what if Nigeria was like America, what is happening in America and the nossy nossy all over the world is what Nigeria will also be doing.

Infact

MILITIA

sum up what we may likely be.

As for ANGEL 101,

[b]It is clear to me you do not believe in God or the power of supernatural transformation.[/b]Let me remind you that there was a time the American's were once a colony of the Great British Empire, what happen today, they are the world leaders
May God continue to guide us and lead us to our Promise Land

He he he he he he he! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin Laffing and drowing in the bathtub!

@vigasimple
Thank you my lord for your permission!

@angel101
Please repent, so you can see and feel the "rapture" in end time! grin Nairaland go kill person oh!
Re: What If 9ja Was Like America? by MILITIA(f): 2:37am On Jul 15, 2007
babyosisi:

militia leave superman alone o
The boy get powers o

who dash lipsrsealed

grin grin grin grin grin Real who dash!
Re: What If 9ja Was Like America? by honeric01(m): 2:39am On Jul 15, 2007
Nigeria? America? in what sense?
Re: What If 9ja Was Like America? by Nobody: 2:43am On Jul 15, 2007
vigasimple:

It is clear to me you do not believe in God or the power of supernatural transformation.

I believe in that God, i also know that He is a God of choice. He wont come down and force you to sweep your house or help you repair your broken roof.

vigasimple:

Let me remind you that there was a time the American's were once a colony of the Great British Empire, what happen today, they are the world leaders.

You are asking the wrong question, rather than asking what happened you should be more interested in what the founding fathers did to lay the foundation for the America of today. They were not busy looting the treasury while waiting for the God of supernatural transformation.

vigasimple:

When God is going to start his work, he will first bring all the bad people to account and then bring order and good governace.

What work? Is He the one who stole $12bn and stashed them away in swiss banks? So we wont have good governance unless God comes down physically to Aso Rock? God help Nigeria.

vigasimple:

I can accept that your frustartion like everyone of us is making us to lose hope or doubt GOd.

Dont make this seem like our situation is God's test of our patience, it is rather the consequences of our own actions. Righteousness exalts a nation but sin is a reproach to her people.

vigasimple:

I will leave you with this small information, there is a big industrial city in Japan called KOBE, there was earthquake for 30 seconds and $30 billion dollars worth of wealth was wiped out about 10-15 years ago.Today they have rebuilt that it is even better than before.

At least you were honest enough not to say God came down and built it for them.

vigasimple:

Who could have thought that in our own lifetime Nigeria will build a city like Abuja.

Is it not a big shame that with all our oil money and 47yrs after independence the best we can boast of is Abuja? What is there that you wont find in Accra?
Re: What If 9ja Was Like America? by MILITIA(f): 2:52am On Jul 15, 2007
honeric01:

Nigeria? America? in what sense?

Meaning power is in the hands of the voters/people and not a few knuckle-headed recycled Khaki boys as civilian government!

@Davidylan
E DON HAPPEN!  You don come spoil this thread? shocked Anyway let me move to the back stage! 

@vigasimple!  I am sorry for you!  You don enter be that!  This is Debosky's twin brother for analysis, evidence and arguement with long long grammar and headache inducing logic!  Goodluck bro!  gathering my skirt with two hands and jumping  with speed across chairs to the back of the stage!
Re: What If 9ja Was Like America? by honeric01(m): 3:00am On Jul 15, 2007
uhm, no comment yet, need to go to bed now tired
Re: What If 9ja Was Like America? by debosky(m): 3:09am On Jul 15, 2007
hope the skirt no tear madam Milita? grin grin grin

what if Nigeria was like America? depends on what areas you mean. democracy, entrepreneurship and strength of economy? definitely would be a good thing. Arrogance, self serving nature, and over-liberty (if such exists cheesy) would do us no good though.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Politics Is A Dirty Game / Nigerian To Become World's Richest Soon / We Are Working On Phcn - Senator Iyabo Obasanjo-bello

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.