Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,892 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:01 AM

South-West Is The Safest Part Of Nigeria - Garba Shehu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-West Is The Safest Part Of Nigeria - Garba Shehu (31960 Views)

Twitter An Agent Of Division In Nigeria – Garba Shehu / BREAKING: South-west Safest Part Of Nigeria –Garba Shehu / Why The North Cannot Allow Breakup Of Nigeria - Garba Adamu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South-West Is The Safest Part Of Nigeria - Garba Shehu by LegendHero(m): 1:35am On May 31, 2021
post=102213498:

Fact I don't waste my time reading your rubbish epistle, I only crab what you said about Imo

Oh okay now I understand.

I will be inserting only keywords so you can just skim through and pick something.

Unknown gunmen, Mazi Kanu, Killing, Retaliation, Yoruba, Niger Delta Militant, Northerners, Alliance, Revenue, and Civil war.

Can you read the above? Thanks for at least telling me the truth about your assimilating capacity.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-West Is The Safest Part Of Nigeria - Garba Shehu by BSsniffer: 1:37am On May 31, 2021
LegendHero:

Yes, another civil war will lead to total disintegration of Nigeria, no escaping at all. The world has changed and as the most populous African country, other Africa country and Europe won’t be able to even contain the refugee crisis.

However let me be the devils advocate, the war would have been going on for one year + before they even know it’s a war and you’re looking at lot of casualties. But in that scenario, people can say the casualties are what we needed for freedom. Infact we are systematically in a war right now.

Not that I’m actually abusing the SE when I said they don’t have that much bargaining power in revenue, it is the reality. Just look at it, what exactly can be destroyed in the SE that will shake and ground Nigeria? Please reply me and I will agree to your answer if it is logical enough.

Lastly, the Yoruba will not be neutral in any war, we won’t. We must take sides because any war in Nigeria will affect the Yoruba so badly so we must take sides. The dynamics have changed, Ibo and Yoruba are now too mixed that it might be near impossible to leave them to their fate. Also Yorubaland is like the sanctuary, if anything happen in Iboland, people will move here to live and it will be nearly impossible for us not to accept them.

Hence, if I am a Yoruba leader, I will be preparing and won’t just sit down and be caught unaware like we were in the 60s. I don’t know how this will end, but if UGM matter escalates in the SE and the SW were also caught in the wave, we can’t be neutral.

The Fulanis have made it certain for a Yoruba-North alliance to be near Impossible.

The Yoruba's can remain neutral, we have nothing at stake or any investment in the south east, their cousins in the south south should first join them. The interrelationships are largely over hyped and are even mostly SS minorities. In the event of war, the smart thing SW governors should do is to implement anti refugee laws. Secure Ondo borders and let it play out.....let wike and obaseki house their political cousins. Yorubaland is not a sanctuary region, we're still dealing with alot of shit.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-West Is The Safest Part Of Nigeria - Garba Shehu by Anambra1stSon(m): 1:39am On May 31, 2021
LegendHero:

I think I need to call Ofoigbo at this stage because he still got something up there and conversing with you will be a brain drain to me.

Let me explain why I said the above.
In my post you initially quoted I was talking about what you can actually destroy that will bring FG to her knees within a short time. Then you came and start showing me a gas plant under construction. Now ask yourself, how does it relate?

Please try to calm down and watch from behind the scenes. When it’s time to troll, I will call you and you will have enough time to upload picture and photos of the plant under construction.

Or should I type all this in Igbo so you can understand?

Many of you didn't know refinery project was going on in Imo not until it was 98% completed,
https://www.nairaland.com/6257947/hope-uzodinma-visits-seplat-gigantic

2 Likes

Re: South-West Is The Safest Part Of Nigeria - Garba Shehu by LegendHero(m): 1:41am On May 31, 2021
BSsniffer:

The Yoruba's can remain neutral, we have nothing at stake or any investment in the south east, their cousins in the south south should first join them. The interrelationships are largely over hyped and are even mostly SS minorities. In the event of war, the smart thing SW governors should do is to implement anti refugee laws. Secure Ondo borders and let it play out.....let wike and obaseki house their political cousins. Yorubaland is not a sanctuary region, we're still dealing with alot of shit.

I also share your sentiment bro. However I might be wrong in my assessment but I think it will be really hard to turn our back on them or remain neutral in a war at this stage.

If left to me, I will prefer we seal the border like you said and send any Ibo or Northerner back to their region to do whatever they like in their domain. But it won’t be possible considering the recent realities.

Again, I might be wrong in my assessment.

6 Likes

Re: South-West Is The Safest Part Of Nigeria - Garba Shehu by Anambra1stSon(m): 1:45am On May 31, 2021
LegendHero:

Oh okay now I understand.

I will be inserting only keywords so you can just skim through and pick something.

Unknown gunmen, Mazi Kanu, Killing, Retaliation, Yoruba, Niger Delta Militant, Northerners, Alliance, Revenue, and Civil war.

Can you read the above? Thanks for at least telling me the truth about your assimilating capacity.

Igbo land is blessed

Watch about the project going in Imo, most important is that Seplat leading indigenous oil and gas exploration company is own by Igbos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaW928KcfpE

1 Like

Re: South-West Is The Safest Part Of Nigeria - Garba Shehu by BSsniffer: 1:49am On May 31, 2021
LegendHero:

I also share your sentiment bro. However I might be wrong in my assessment but I think it will be really hard to turn our back on them or remain neutral in a war at this stage.

If left to me, I will prefer we seal the border like you said and send any Ibo or Northerner back to their region to do whatever they like in their domain. But it won’t be possible considering the recent realities.

Again, I might be wrong in my assessment.

Nothing binds igbos and Yoruba's together.....it can only happen if some Yoruba leaders act based on sentiment.

12 Likes

Re: South-West Is The Safest Part Of Nigeria - Garba Shehu by LegendHero(m): 1:56am On May 31, 2021
post=102213533:

Many of you didn't know refinery project was going on in Imo not until it was 98% completed,
https://www.nairaland.com/6257947/hope-uzodinma-visits-seplat-gigantic

Trust me if I want to troll, I will engage you.

However a statement caught my fancy in the Nairaland link you shared.
The $700m gas project aimed at producing around 300 MMscfd, is one of the 7 Critical Gas Development Projects (7CGDP) in Nigeria, will drive the next phase of growth for the gas business.

Since that project is one of the FG 7 critical Gas development Projects, then there are other six located or proposed to be located somewhere.

Then I stumbled upon below:

“ The projects include the 181-bcm (6.4-tcf) unitised gasfields of Samabri-Bisseni, Akri-Oguta and Ubie-Oshi; development of the 122-bcm (4.3-tcf) Assa North/Ohaji South field; and the development of NPDC’s OMLs 26, 30 and 42, with 198 bcm (7 tcf). The 62.3-bcm (2.2-tcf) Shell Petroleum Development Company gas supply to Brass Fertilizer Company, the cluster development of the 142-bcm (5-tcf) OML 13 to support the expansion of Seven Energy Uquo Gas Plant and the cluster development of the 283-bcm (10-tcf) Okpokunou/Tuomo West in OMLs 35 and 62 are also part of the initiative.

Source: https://theenergyyear.com/news/nnpc-signs-seven-critical-gas-projects/

Even Shell did a publication on it:

https://www.shell.com.ng/media/nigeria-reports-and-publications-briefing-notes/powering-nigerias-economy/_jcr_content/par/toptasks_copy.stream/1586455313503/42014853edf20d9816f993f74f2921740271dd4a/economy-2020.pdf

Partners of the projects include Shell Petroleum Development Company, Seplat Petroleum Development Company and Oando.

Now based on the above, it can be seen that it’s not Imo alone that has gas and Nigeria have been surviving without the completion of the Imo gas and will survive. Hence, this doesn’t relate to the issue of discourse.

12 Likes

Re: South-West Is The Safest Part Of Nigeria - Garba Shehu by LegendHero(m): 1:58am On May 31, 2021
BSsniffer:

Nothing binds igbos and Yoruba's together.....it can only happen if some Yoruba leaders act based on sentiment.

Yeah yeah that is another angle.

1 Like

Re: South-West Is The Safest Part Of Nigeria - Garba Shehu by BSsniffer: 2:01am On May 31, 2021
LegendHero:

Yeah yeah that is another angle.

am a Yoruba christain and one thing we Yoruba Christains sometimes overrate our relationships with christain igbos forgetting we have Yoruba muslims who also have same feeling towards fulani/hausa Muslims...... Yoruba's picking sides either with an islamophobic east or extremist north will simply end in great disaster for yoruba's and Yorubaland.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-West Is The Safest Part Of Nigeria - Garba Shehu by Anambra1stSon(m): 2:14am On May 31, 2021
LegendHero:

Trust me if I want to troll, I will engage you.

However a statement caught my fancy in the Nairaland link you shared.
The $700m gas project aimed at producing around 300 MMscfd, is one of the 7 Critical Gas Development Projects (7CGDP) in Nigeria, will drive the next phase of growth for the gas business.

Since that project is one of the FG 7 critical Gas development Projects, then there are other six located or proposed to be located somewhere.

Then I stumbled upon below:

“ The projects include the 181-bcm (6.4-tcf) unitised gasfields of Samabri-Bisseni, Akri-Oguta and Ubie-Oshi; development of the 122-bcm (4.3-tcf) Assa North/Ohaji South field; and the development of NPDC’s OMLs 26, 30 and 42, with 198 bcm (7 tcf). The 62.3-bcm (2.2-tcf) Shell Petroleum Development Company gas supply to Brass Fertilizer Company, the cluster development of the 142-bcm (5-tcf) OML 13 to support the expansion of Seven Energy Uquo Gas Plant and the cluster development of the 283-bcm (10-tcf) Okpokunou/Tuomo West in OMLs 35 and 62 are also part of the initiative.

Source: https://theenergyyear.com/news/nnpc-signs-seven-critical-gas-projects/

Even Shell did a publication on it:

https://www.shell.com.ng/media/nigeria-reports-and-publications-briefing-notes/powering-nigerias-economy/_jcr_content/par/toptasks_copy.stream/1586455313503/42014853edf20d9816f993f74f2921740271dd4a/economy-2020.pdf

Partners of the projects include Shell Petroleum Development Company, Seplat Petroleum Development Company and Oando.

Now based on the above, it can be seen that it’s not Imo alone that has gas and Nigeria have been surviving without the completion of the Imo gas and will survive. Hence, this doesn’t relate to the issue of discourse.

No source of gas in Southwest, the biggest of them all that is ongoing is Asaa, Ohaji/Egbema gas in Imo state other are pipeline projects, one of them is KKK gas pipeline.

1 Like

Re: South-West Is The Safest Part Of Nigeria - Garba Shehu by LegendHero(m): 2:16am On May 31, 2021
BSsniffer:

am a Yoruba christain and one thing we Yoruba Christains sometimes overrate our relationships with christain igbos forgetting we have Yoruba muslims who also have same feeling towards fulani/hausa Muslims...... Yoruba's picking sides either with an islamophobic east or extremist north will simply end in great disaster for yoruba's and Yorubaland.

I’m a Muslim and I understand clearly what you’re saying.

We are in a bind. A chronically religious bigoted Muslim hating Ibo people or the extremist religious intolerant core North. There might be divided loyalties looking at the surface.

However how we respond will still depend on the events leading to the war and circumstances.

Religion will play little in this especially among the Yorubas because Awo was a Christian when we allied with the North during the civil war. If the civil war couldn’t divide our loyalty along religious line as Yorubas, then I don’t think any future war can.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South-West Is The Safest Part Of Nigeria - Garba Shehu by LegendHero(m): 2:24am On May 31, 2021
post=102213718:

No source of gas in Southwest, the biggest of them all that is ongoing is Asaa, Ohaji/Egbema gas in Imo state other are pipeline projects, one of them is KKK gas pipeline.

Again you are another liar.

Ohaji/Egbema gas Is not the biggest of them all.

According to Shell report below-Ubie gas plant in the SS Produce an average of 864 million standard cubic feet per day while Asaa North/Ohaji South produces 300 million cubic feet per day.

Source: https://www.shell.com.ng/media/nigeria-reports-and-publications-briefing-notes/powering-nigerias-economy/_jcr_content/par/toptasks_copy.stream/1586455313503/42014853edf20d9816f993f74f2921740271dd4a/economy-2020.pdf

12 Likes

Re: South-West Is The Safest Part Of Nigeria - Garba Shehu by Anambra1stSon(m): 2:28am On May 31, 2021
LegendHero:

According to Shell report below-Ubie gas plant Produce an average of 864 million standard cubic feet per day while Asaa North/Ohaji South produces 300 million cubic feet per day.

Source: https://www.shell.com.ng/media/nigeria-reports-and-publications-briefing-notes/powering-nigerias-economy/_jcr_content/par/toptasks_copy.stream/1586455313503/42014853edf20d9816f993f74f2921740271dd4a/economy-2020.pdf

The biggest green gas project in Nigeria is Asaa gas, no gas field in Yoruba land, Igboland is blessed with oil and Gas I pray Nigeria will split then we go know who go suffer

2 Likes

Re: South-West Is The Safest Part Of Nigeria - Garba Shehu by Anambra1stSon(m): 2:32am On May 31, 2021
LegendHero:

According to Shell report below-Ubie gas plant in the SS Produce an average of 864 million standard cubic feet per day while Asaa North/Ohaji South produces 300 million cubic feet per day.

Asaa first phase is 300 million cubic feet

1 Like

Re: South-West Is The Safest Part Of Nigeria - Garba Shehu by LegendHero(m): 2:36am On May 31, 2021
post=102213823:

Asaa first phase is 300 million cubic feet

Where is the second phase? Has it started or is it completed?

Then why did you initially lied it was the largest when Gbaram/Ubie gas plant Produce an average of 864 million standard cubic feet per day compared to the 300million of your Asaa?

11 Likes

Re: South-West Is The Safest Part Of Nigeria - Garba Shehu by amuwo1980: 2:38am On May 31, 2021
Who cares , government that shud be serious with governance is playing ethnic politics , I mean this is crazy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South-West Is The Safest Part Of Nigeria - Garba Shehu by Anambra1stSon(m): 2:39am On May 31, 2021
LegendHero:

Then why did you initially lied it was the largest when Gbaram/Ubie gas plant Produce an average of 864 million standard cubic feet per day compared to the 300million of your Asaa?

Re: South-West Is The Safest Part Of Nigeria - Garba Shehu by Elporo(m): 2:46am On May 31, 2021
LegendHero:

I think this argument is above your brainpower, just stay in the background and read posts.

, I suggest you visit Innosson to change your rings. Oh wait he is too busy repair Nigerian Airforce jet engines and supplying parts to Proforce.

Perhaps your generator repair man can help?

@LegendHero .. I am shocked 2 eastern states marked for terrorism. Wetin come remain. Abia we dey smell like cesspit, abi Ebonyi wey other Igbos don vow sey them go destroy because na APC. Abi Enugu wey dem IPOB/UGM/ESN dey kill people for broad daylight!

All Hail Biafra....

5 Likes

Re: South-West Is The Safest Part Of Nigeria - Garba Shehu by LegendHero(m): 2:47am On May 31, 2021
post=102213859:

Ondo alone got more barrels per day than the whole Ibo land.

11 Likes

Re: South-West Is The Safest Part Of Nigeria - Garba Shehu by Anambra1stSon(m): 2:49am On May 31, 2021
Elporo:

, I suggest you visit Innosson to change your rings. Oh wait he is too busy repair Nigerian Airforce jet engines and supplying parts to Proforce.

Perhaps your generator repair man can help?

@LegendHero .. I am shocked 2 eastern states marked for terrorism. Wetin come remain. Abia we dey smell like cesspit, abi Ebonyi wey other Igbos don vow sey them go destroy because na APC. Abi Enugu wey dem IPOB/UGM/ESN dey kill people for broad daylight!

All Hail Biafra....
Only happening in Lagos/Ibadan media what ever you wish us will surely visit your region, Abia state government is far performing better than some southwest states

1 Like

Re: South-West Is The Safest Part Of Nigeria - Garba Shehu by Anambra1stSon(m): 2:53am On May 31, 2021
LegendHero:

Give me credible source of oil in Ijaw land No gas in Yoruba land which is one of the future energy

1 Like

Re: South-West Is The Safest Part Of Nigeria - Garba Shehu by Elporo(m): 2:56am On May 31, 2021
post=102213912:

Only happening in Lagos/Ibadan media what ever you wish us will surely visit your region, Abia state government is far performing better than some southwest states

Nothing gonna happen. North east burning got 10 years ... If South-East wants to burn for ten years too.. who am I to say No. cheesy

Nobody cares about the SE .. just as nobody cares about the NE!

10 Likes

Re: South-West Is The Safest Part Of Nigeria - Garba Shehu by Ttalk: 2:58am On May 31, 2021
LegendHero:

I like reading your comments, but gets sour the moment you start responding to some ethnic bigots that is filled with egocentric proclivity such as that Anambra guy that is emotionally corrupt and always wish the downfall of Southwest despite having most of his people making money from same southwest he detest so much.

Your analysis about Southwest position in a situation of another civil war is succinct

13 Likes

Re: South-West Is The Safest Part Of Nigeria - Garba Shehu by Anambra1stSon(m): 3:00am On May 31, 2021
LegendHero:

Future of Yoruba land is in the hands of Igbos

open link and read

https://www.energyvoice.com/oilandgas/africa/pipelines-africa/292147/shell-nigeria-gas-states/

1 Like

Re: South-West Is The Safest Part Of Nigeria - Garba Shehu by Anambra1stSon(m): 3:03am On May 31, 2021
Elporo:

Nothing gonna happen. North east burning got 10 years ... If South-East wants to burn for ten years too.. who am I to say No. cheesy

Nobody cares about the SE .. just as nobody cares about the NE!
The illusions only exist in your empty brain

1 Like

Re: South-West Is The Safest Part Of Nigeria - Garba Shehu by VictorUSA(m): 3:09am On May 31, 2021
What's wrong with this imbeXile called shehu?
Re: South-West Is The Safest Part Of Nigeria - Garba Shehu by Anambra1stSon(m): 3:09am On May 31, 2021
Elporo:

Atiku for President 2023 cheesy

Na thunder go fire una las las.
The thunder will start firing from your family first then after locate your likes in Yoruba land Ise!!

1 Like

Re: South-West Is The Safest Part Of Nigeria - Garba Shehu by Elporo(m): 3:15am On May 31, 2021
post=102214029:

The thunder will start firing from your family first then after locate your likes in Yoruba land Ise!!

No wahala after e fire una and IPOB/UGM/ESN finish, I go order Uber for the thunder to come. Abi you prefer Bolt.

Fire in the South East ... jump jump jump just like the north east ... run run run run

All Hail Biafra

8 Likes

Re: South-West Is The Safest Part Of Nigeria - Garba Shehu by EmekaA125(m): 3:26am On May 31, 2021
Osagyefo98:
I had to agree.

Nnamdi has turned SE particularly Imo state to another Borno state.

Maybe he thinks he is doing buhari but he is grounding economic strength of the zone and sending investors away.

The idiot himself have no single investment even in his father's compound in Abia state.

By the time he is done, business will be on low scale in the zone.

He is a disaster calling himself messiah.
We are not complaining. Face ur state, Edo.

1 Like

Re: South-West Is The Safest Part Of Nigeria - Garba Shehu by Anambra1stSon(m): 3:27am On May 31, 2021
Elporo:

No wahala after e fire una and IPOB/UGM/ESN finish, I go order Uber for the thunder to come. Abi you prefer Bolt.

Fire in the South East ... jump jump jump just like the north east ... run run run run

All Hail Biafra
Psycho, faceless forum I never knew I was discussing with low IQ

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Peter Obi Gives Account Of Presidential Campaign Funding / Judge Begged DSS Over N500million Bribe. DSS Grills Bank Directors / President Buhari And His London Visitors, By Dele Momodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.