Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:46 AM

WITHIN THE WEEK (24th – 30th May 2021) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / WITHIN THE WEEK (24th – 30th May 2021) (132 Views)

Royal Wedding Of The God's General Apostle Prince Is This Week 30th March 2019 / BIAFRA:Video Of Israelites And Igbos Celebrating Biafra Heroes Day 30th May 2018 / A Friend If Mine Won This Money On Bet9ja During The Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

WITHIN THE WEEK (24th – 30th May 2021) by KingsleyOnwuka1(m): 11:58pm On May 30, 2021
Goodluck Jonathan in his book My Transition Hour stressed that the lion has to write, otherwise the tale will glorify the hunter. Diezani Alison Madueke’s case is one in which the lion cannot write. Maybe she’s now suffering the kind of thing Chimamanda Adichie describes as the consequence of a single story. EFCC within the week said it recovered Jewelries worth 14.4 billion Naira from the iron lady. The anti-graft agency has since been accusing her of stealing the entire world. She lacks the moral standing and perhaps the opportunity too to put out her own side of the story. So if the Buhari government says what she stole is the entire word, then that’s it. I’m not saying she didn’t do bad. I’m just thinking.

This afternoon I briefly watched a movie on Trybe TV titled Beauty Of Love 2. In the movie, the lady was pressured into marry the man (Yul Edochie) against her wish. She married him and it was hell. The man made several serious efforts to impress and please her, no way. She was rather displaying rudeness and hatred towards the man. The marriage wasn’t working at all. We can extrapolate such a scenario to the current situation in Nigeria. We are in a forced union in this country and that’s why it is not working. And until we come together on a round table to give mutual consent to our co-existence in Nigeria, everything we’re doing amounts to something on nothing. Sovereign National Conference is the way forward for Nigeria. Professor Andrew Efemini yesterday explained to us what sovereign national conference means. And that’s what it is.

I don’t like what is happening in the South East. On Sunday Politics on Channels TV this night Governor Okezie Ikpeazu exercised the boldness to speak frankly and sincerely, and I love that. Everybody is talking and President Buhari seems to be highly rigid, highly unwilling to listen, highly interested only in promoting northern hegemony in the affairs of Nigeria. Such style of administration is a big disaster to this country.

Within the week I heard the voice of the woman who narrated how kidnappers in the forest in a part of Rivers State have an iron table on which they slaughter human parts. I refuse to believe that my fellow human beings would have the boldness of heart to place the body of their fellow human being on a table and butcher into parts for sale, and fellow human beings are the ones who go to buy the body parts of their fellow human beings for whatever purpose. What a world!

Kingsley Onwuka,
Port Harcourt, Nigeria,
onwukakingsley123@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Woman Arrested For Using Old Pants To Make 'kunu' / #biafraheroesday2021: Did Gov. Willie Obiano Honour Fallen Men On 30 May? (FACT / How Much Is A Sachet Of Pure Water In Your Area

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.