Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,847 members, 7,802,709 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:38 PM

Us Non-immigrant Visa Documents To The Embassy: Help! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Us Non-immigrant Visa Documents To The Embassy: Help! (10052 Views)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / How Much Bank Statement Do You Need For Non Immigrant Visa To Yankee? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Us Non-immigrant Visa Documents To The Embassy: Help! by halle2: 4:45pm On May 01, 2011
Hello Nairalanders!

please i need a detailed list of documents i need to present at the US embassy, i applied for the B-2 visa cos i intend to spend my vacation there, i have scheduled an appointment for the interview. the challenge i have is that i have searched online and i cant see where the list of supporting documents to present. i do not want to leave out any thing so i dont make a bad impression on that day. please if any one can help i would appreciate it,

thanks
Re: Us Non-immigrant Visa Documents To The Embassy: Help! by halle2: 4:51pm On May 01, 2011
please in addition, i intend to sponsor my trip, and i have notified my HR to do a cover letter stating i would be on vacation during the specified period, and i applied with one of my kids cos i wanna travel with him,
Re: Us Non-immigrant Visa Documents To The Embassy: Help! by pslm23(f): 5:59pm On May 01, 2011
if u'll be staying with someone in the US, they need to send u a letter of invitation. the letter shld include their current status in the US (green card or Citizen), where they work, how much they make.

if you are not staying with anybody, u will still need to provide documentation of where u'll be staying. if u'll be in a hotel, u need to provide proof of your accommodation showing check in date and check out date. You need to show that you have enough money to take care of urself and ur son for the duration of ur stay in the States.

When i have my family visiting, i only provide them with a letter indicating my status, where i work and how much i make. they always get their visas.

1 Like

Re: Us Non-immigrant Visa Documents To The Embassy: Help! by halle2: 5:30pm On May 02, 2011
Thanks a mill pslm
I intend to stay wt someone,I understand dat I need an invitation letter from him,but would it b cool if he states his income in the letter?or would it be necessary for him to do a cover letter to d embassy stating his income and status?dat is in addition to d invitation letter?then since I am sponsoring d trip would I need stuff like payslips,income tax clearance,title docs of property,etc I really need a long list,I don't wanna go there and they'll say I didn't come wt insufficient docs, thanks again
Re: Us Non-immigrant Visa Documents To The Embassy: Help! by pslm23(f): 1:13am On May 03, 2011
hi halle, I can only tell you what i do when I used to  invite my parent and even now when I invite my sisters, brothers or friends.

What i do is fax the letter of support to the embassy and give my family one to take with them to the Embassy. basically, the letter just states my status, how much i make and where I live and most importantly, that i will be responsible for their total upkeep (feeding, accommodation, transportation etc) while in the US. And then i request for a multiple entry visa to be given to them.
On their part, if they are paying for their flight, they have take their return ticket with them when they go for their interview. A letter from their job is also required. the letter will inform the Embassy that they are gainfully employed, how much they make per year, and why they are travelling to the US and how long they will be gone for.

however, my family have been fortunate. they've never been asked to show anything. not even a letter from their job. My letter of support is usually all they ask for.

take anything and all that you have that will make them believe that u r indeed on vacation and that u intend to return to Nigeria at the end of ur vac.If u have a bank account, take a slip that shows how much u have. they won't really need to see a deed to ur house or property unless u don't show that u have enough money.

For clarification purposes, the same letter of support/invitation letter he faxes to the Embassy is the same  u'll have in ur hand when u go for ur interview.

1 Like

Re: Us Non-immigrant Visa Documents To The Embassy: Help! by halle2: 3:27am On May 03, 2011
Thanks,will send u one now
Re: Us Non-immigrant Visa Documents To The Embassy: Help! by adejare01: 10:16am On Jul 04, 2014
Good morning,
What are the steps that i need to take, to secure Admission into university in USA as a POST GRADUATE student. please you mail me on this itswelljare@gmail.com
Re: Us Non-immigrant Visa Documents To The Embassy: Help! by jonathanuwadiae: 11:02am On Sep 30, 2015
i was issued a 2 years US B1/B2 visa, i used it once, when it expired, i apply for a renewal and i was given another 2 years, due to work pressure i cannot used this visa and it is going to expire on the 8th of October 2015, i know i cannot use it. if I am going to re-apply for a renewal, can i used a drop box process or I am to be present. or what do I need to do now that will avoid any denial.

Thanks;

Jonathan
Re: Us Non-immigrant Visa Documents To The Embassy: Help! by Benjamite01: 7:55am On Oct 06, 2015
Goodmrning NairaLanders, I will Need your Advice, A friend of ours in USA invited me and my Friend for a Visit. and i had my Interview Last Month and i was Denied a Visa,But my Friend got his Visa yesterday. I was Denied on the 22nd of September. Please when is the Best time i can login another Application. Because i believe all the document sent to me from my USA friend are still intact,Her Account Statemete, Social Security Card, Passport Data Page. and her Utility Bill.I have been to south Africa before for a Week. While my Friend which got his Visa has Travel to France 3times and still have a Year Valid visa on his Passport. HOUSE PLEASE ADVISE ON THE NEXT STEP TO TAKE. THANKS FOR REPLY IN ANTICIPATION.
Re: Us Non-immigrant Visa Documents To The Embassy: Help! by mostfavour(m): 9:00am On Nov 05, 2015
Pls i need urgent help on this,
I just got wedded and planning to book an appointment for my honeymod vacation in Us. But my wife has a current passport before i married her, which bears her own surname not mine.
so what am i to do, is she to do another pasport at my name, or is the DS 160 information to be filled is a enough proove that she is my wife?
though we have marriage certificate.
And again when filling her DS 160 form, which surname should i put for her mine or the one on her passport??
I WOUULD APPRECIATE UR KIND ADDICE, TNKS
Re: Us Non-immigrant Visa Documents To The Embassy: Help! by mostfavour(m): 9:07am On Nov 05, 2015
I just got wedded and planning to book an appointment for my honeymod vacation in Us. But my wife has a current passport before i married her, which bears her own surname not mine.
so what am i to do, is she to do another pasport at my name, or is the DS 160 information to be filled is a enough proove that she is my wife?
And again when filling her DS 160 form, which surname should i put for her mine or the one on her passport??
Re: Us Non-immigrant Visa Documents To The Embassy: Help! by cozybunch: 11:49am On Nov 05, 2015
jonathanuwadiae:
i was issued a 2 years US B1/B2 visa, i used it once, when it expired, i apply for a renewal and i was given another 2 years, due to work pressure i cannot used this visa and it is going to expire on the 8th of October 2015, i know i cannot use it. if I am going to re-apply for a renewal, can i used a drop box process or I am to be present. or what do I need to do now that will avoid any denial.

Thanks;

Jonathan

Sorry you cannot use drop box. They have to see you for you to explain why you never used your visa. You have to have a solid reason why you never used it for a whole 2 years

Good Luck
Re: Us Non-immigrant Visa Documents To The Embassy: Help! by cozybunch: 12:01pm On Nov 05, 2015
Benjamite01:
Goodmrning NairaLanders, I will Need your Advice, A friend of ours in USA invited me and my Friend for a Visit. and i had my Interview Last Month and i was Denied a Visa,But my Friend got his Visa yesterday. I was Denied on the 22nd of September. Please when is the Best time i can login another Application. Because i believe all the document sent to me from my USA friend are still intact,Her Account Statemete, Social Security Card, Passport Data Page. and her Utility Bill.I have been to south Africa before for a Week. While my Friend which got his Visa has Travel to France 3times and still have a Year Valid visa on his Passport. HOUSE PLEASE ADVISE ON THE NEXT STEP TO TAKE. THANKS FOR REPLY IN ANTICIPATION.

Every bodies case is different as everyone's grace and favor from God are different. You may want to know first why your where denied before re applying. Your invite is a funny fellow. How can he release his social security card/number to you guys. That's unacceptable ... Remember the burden of prove of a litigemate traveler rests on you.

Good Luck
Re: Us Non-immigrant Visa Documents To The Embassy: Help! by cozybunch: 12:03pm On Nov 05, 2015
mostfavour:

It does not matter. She can still go with her current passport. Your marriage certificate suffixes

Good Luck
Re: Us Non-immigrant Visa Documents To The Embassy: Help! by mostfavour(m): 12:40pm On Nov 05, 2015
Thanks a lot Cozybunch

But am not super clarified yet,
When filling her DS 160 form, which surname should i put for her, mine or the one on her passport??

Thanks
Re: Us Non-immigrant Visa Documents To The Embassy: Help! by cozybunch: 6:03pm On Nov 05, 2015
mostfavour:
Thanks a lot Cozybunch

But am not super clarified yet,
When filling her DS 160 form, which surname should i put for her, mine or the one on her passport??

Thanks

Use the one in her passport because it is still her official name. When she starts change all her official documents to ur last name which includes travel documents, them your last name kicks in

Good Luck
Re: Us Non-immigrant Visa Documents To The Embassy: Help! by mostfavour(m): 6:18pm On Nov 05, 2015
Cozy, thanks ones more.

Pls i wonna ask again, ist wise and advisable to make a specific travel plan like booking of flight and hotel reservation before filling the DS 160 form
Re: Us Non-immigrant Visa Documents To The Embassy: Help! by mostfavour(m): 6:37pm On Nov 05, 2015
Cozy, thanks ones more.

Pls i wonna ask again, ist wise and advisable to make a specific travel plan like booking of flight and hotel reservation before filling the DS 160 form
Re: Us Non-immigrant Visa Documents To The Embassy: Help! by cozybunch: 6:56pm On Nov 05, 2015
mostfavour:
Cozy, thanks ones more.

You can always make ur travel plans but not necessarily booking your tickets yet. At least have an ideal when, which airline, price, which hotel and the prices. You can them have them on hold before you have your interview if all remains the same or with slight changes in price.

Good Luck
Re: Us Non-immigrant Visa Documents To The Embassy: Help! by mostfavour(m): 7:39pm On Nov 05, 2015
Thanks Cozy.

But pls does booking them gives you any better chance of getting the visa?
Actually i planing going with my wife for our honeymood and we would be staying in a hotel.
Thanks again for your response
Re: Us Non-immigrant Visa Documents To The Embassy: Help! by cozybunch: 11:44pm On Nov 05, 2015
mostfavour:
Thanks Cozy.

But pls does booking them gives you any better chance of getting the visa?
Actually i planing going with my wife for our honeymood and we would be staying in a hotel.
Thanks again for your response

No added advantage when u book a flight.

Good Luck
Re: Us Non-immigrant Visa Documents To The Embassy: Help! by mostfavour(m): 7:46am On Nov 06, 2015
Thanks
Re: Us Non-immigrant Visa Documents To The Embassy: Help! by odun45: 7:39pm On Nov 06, 2015
Please All the gurus in the house i need advice last 2 years before getting married to my wife we went to us embassy at abuja as individual student for essay competition award to cut the story short we were denied and asked to re-apply in future unfortunately we got married did introduction, also court wedding at ikoyi registry we also have a baby who is 7 month old please advice what to do as we want to apply for us visa and we don't want to make any mistake being the fact that we have went to embassy before at abuja and we got denied
Re: Us Non-immigrant Visa Documents To The Embassy: Help! by davvic: 10:57pm On Nov 06, 2015
Pls all nairalander I'm planning to apply for visit visa to us. But I've once won visa lottery few years back but d us embassy in lagos deny my visa base on my waec result dt has just 4 credits . I never try us visa again after dt but now I want to try visiting visa. I'm married with 3 kids n financially I'm not good, I got a uncle who is ready to sponsor the trip for me alone. My uncle is a civil servant and he has pure water and bakery big one.. I have once live n study in uk before I came home to meet my family voluntarily in 2009 . Pls help me what are d document dt I will have to provide. I got a friend who is ready to invite me. Thank u.
Re: Us Non-immigrant Visa Documents To The Embassy: Help! by cozybunch: 2:10am On Nov 07, 2015
odun45:
Please All the gurus in the house i need advice last 2 years before getting married to my wife we went to us embassy at abuja as individual student for essay competition award to cut the story short we were denied and asked to re-apply in future unfortunately we got married did introduction, also court wedding at ikoyi registry we also have a baby who is 7 month old please advice what to do as we want to apply for us visa and we don't want to make any mistake being the fact that we have went to embassy before at abuja and we got denied

There is no issues of being denied before hence you did not misrepresent. You can re applying and if asked if you have being denied before you state yes. Go to the website and follow instructions

Good Luck
Re: Us Non-immigrant Visa Documents To The Embassy: Help! by cozybunch: 2:21am On Nov 07, 2015
davvic:
Pls all nairalander I'm planning to apply for visit visa to us. But I've once won visa lottery few years back but d us embassy in lagos deny my visa base on my waec result dt has just 4 credits . I never try us visa again after dt but now I want to try visiting visa. I'm married with 3 kids n financially I'm not good, I got a uncle who is ready to sponsor the trip for me alone. My uncle is a civil servant and he has pure water and bakery big one.. I have once live n study in uk before I came home to meet my family voluntarily in 2009 . Pls help me what are d document dt I will have to provide. I got a friend who is ready to invite me. Thank u.

Documents are there in the website so also instructions to follow. Your denier previously is not really the issue now if what you stated earlier on was the reason for denier.

The main issue you've got is the ability to convince the vo that you are a genuine tourist. Letter of invitation from your friend is not as important as you, proving that you are a genuine tourist. You have to provide them with necessary supporting documents stating your ties here in nigeria, such as kids certificates, marriage certificate, what you do here in nigeria and other documents that shows you ment to visit only.

Good Luck
Re: Us Non-immigrant Visa Documents To The Embassy: Help! by davvic: 9:05am On Nov 07, 2015
Thank to you all. Pls can I have the website address?
Re: Us Non-immigrant Visa Documents To The Embassy: Help! by cozybunch: 10:11am On Nov 07, 2015
davvic:
Thank to you all. Pls can I have the website address?

If you want something important, I should think you do a little research on your own. However here is ur link

http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/mobile//non-immigrantvisa.html

Good Luck
Re: Us Non-immigrant Visa Documents To The Embassy: Help! by odun45: 1:35pm On Nov 07, 2015
cozybunch:

There is no issues of being denied before hence you did not misrepresent. You can re applying and if asked if you have being denied before you state yes. Go to the website and follow instructions

Good Luck
You don't understand me please read it and understand what i mean for example when i went to embassy with a lady as individual student our visa category is B1/B2 and they ask what is the purposee of going to the US and we replied we are going for the reward of award we won as essay competition at ondo state ministry of education and we were asked to go and visit a school in Califonia because it Rank one of the best school in the world and also the best school that has good facilities in their laboratory and the woman asked have i travel before i said Yes she said which country i said South africa and Dubia and some other african countries and she asked the other lady she said No then she said sorry and brought a paper now i got married to the lady and we have kid now we want to apply for US Visa what are the things we need
Re: Us Non-immigrant Visa Documents To The Embassy: Help! by davvic: 2:27pm On Nov 07, 2015
@ cosybunch
Thank you for ur effort I'm very grateful . I ve done some search myself too but at times is good to be double sure of what you are doing. Thumb up.
Re: Us Non-immigrant Visa Documents To The Embassy: Help! by cozybunch: 4:29pm On Nov 07, 2015
odun45:
You don't understand me please read it and understand what i mean for example when i went to embassy with a lady as individual student our visa category is B1/B2 and they ask what is the purposee of going to the US and we replied we are going for the reward of award we won as essay competition at ondo state ministry of education and we were asked to go and visit a school in Califonia because it Rank one of the best school in the world and also the best school that has good facilities in their laboratory and the woman asked have i travel before i said Yes she said which country i said South africa and Dubia and some other african countries and she asked the other lady she said No then she said sorry and brought a paper now i got married to the lady and we have kid now we want to apply for US Visa what are the things we need

What is the difference from what you said before and what you just wrote. My answer remains the same

Good Luck
Re: Us Non-immigrant Visa Documents To The Embassy: Help! by Ayabola: 2:59pm On Apr 11, 2016
Good all
Please, I was denied visa in 2013. Can remember the basis of denial. I told the VO that I was visiting my husband who is on student visa. I remember stating a diff salary from what was filled in d DS 160 form.

Can I still reapply? If I can, do I stand a chance of getting a visa without the reason for rejection being reffered to?

(1) (2) (Reply)

On My Way To Abakaliki For A Meeting! / TOUR TO EAST AFRICA------------ My Experience / Nigerians In Dubai.-please, I Need Your Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.