Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,918 members, 7,802,986 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:34 AM

Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Multinational Technology Consulting Company? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Multinational Technology Consulting Company? (13195 Views)

Should I Leave My Job And Japa To The UK / Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Chinese Owned Multinational Telecoms Company? / How Aurora Got Me A Job In A Multinational Company In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Multinational Technology Consulting Company? by reiddecuti: 9:27am On May 31, 2021
Flee the bank job oga.
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Multinational Technology Consulting Company? by Hassanmaye(m): 9:28am On May 31, 2021
Cokahot:
Better stay here. When problemnstartbfor Senegal,had I known. Besides shey na Road u go sleep. Do u have savings. No go poor all cos of one yeye company. Hear say. Stories from ppl wey never move an inch . Better stay for bank dey chop your suya
Get sense
Haha are you sure
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Multinational Technology Consulting Company? by Sylvayoung: 9:31am On May 31, 2021
Choose the one that gives you joy and pay better
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Multinational Technology Consulting Company? by Kaycee248(m): 9:40am On May 31, 2021
Be patient with time.,this is good omen for you....again be patient.firstly,don't resign expect you received the letter of new job offer.
Secondly,Nigeria job security is not 100%guarantee including bank any emerging policy can come on at anytime.
Thirdly,Senegal is on of the most peaceful place in West Africa.
Fourtly,If your calling is in banking stay.
Firthly,I wish to have a chart with you
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Multinational Technology Consulting Company? by iampeterben(m): 9:40am On May 31, 2021
Leemekzy:
you spoke my mind.
Thank you
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Multinational Technology Consulting Company? by Nobody: 9:57am On May 31, 2021
Hear back from them first before you start planning
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Multinational Technology Consulting Company? by Markswag101: 10:03am On May 31, 2021
Powersurge:

That's initial feeling. That's why it's very important for organization to carry out proper integration for new intakes. I am leaving my job to resume in an IT role on Monday and 'I dey feel somehow.' But it just a feeling. It will pass.

I for one don't see bank job as job. Except for the 10% that are full staff. Even with that, once there are sacked, they become very useless. The only benefit is the suite, which some dey buy on credit. Because skills picked up within the banking sector are not very useful outside it. And it's almost impossible for an ex banker with considerable experience to get an offer in the banking sector. Because part of the reasons for retrenchment is your pay is getting too large for them to handle. Hence GTs would be opted for.

Notwithstanding, go to travel section and read up about Senegal. Contact people from that section that are in Senegal. You will get enough info from there. From what I have read, Senegal and Ivory Coast are better organized societies than Nigeria. Though I heard cost of living in one of them is high because na expatriate full there.

Personally, I will suggest you pick the job. But you also need to go for language training. At least conversational speech (French).
Thanks for this, i will look up the travel section for more info
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Multinational Technology Consulting Company? by Markswag101: 10:04am On May 31, 2021
Yelowfellow:
It depends on what your career goals are, your current level in the bank and why you are leaving. Most people working in banks took the Job because there was nothing else to do at the time and you can find yourself stuck there if you are not courageous enough to leave. Think about what this new job has to offer you and how you can leverage it to get what you want. As for moving to a new place, see it as a new experience, an opportunity to see a different part of the continent. You never know what would happen next in Senegal or after Senegal. Personally I would love such an opportunity but you should factor in what you really want.
Thank you, i'll keep this in mind
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Multinational Technology Consulting Company? by Markswag101: 10:06am On May 31, 2021
Koryc:
With the experience from the tech company you can be easily be a consultant on the side or even start your company in no time but make sure the job is legit.
I've gone through thier website and Linkedin and everything looks okay, the only concern is i read some mixed reviews about them on Glassdoor.
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Multinational Technology Consulting Company? by neighbourhud: 10:07am On May 31, 2021
AdolfHitlerxXx:
Worked in Senegal..

I banged multicultural p*ssies. I called it "collecting flags" In my apartment building alone there were Guinean, Gabonese, Camerounian and Congolese ladies.

Dakar, where I stayed, on Mermoz Sacre Coeur was very close to the Nigerian Embassy.

Anyways.... I would choose Senegal in your shoes. You go chop rice tire. They have all sorts of jollof rice there. They even claim it originated from there... " WOLLOF" rice.

Don't FORGET to do a course at Cheickh Anta Diop University. Foreign degree would look great on your CV.

I spent all my time banging assorted p*ssy. My babe was one Cape Verdean that didn't allow me study at all... cry

Be warned sha... Dakar is almost as expensive as Abuja as per real estate / rent.

Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Multinational Technology Consulting Company? by Markswag101: 10:07am On May 31, 2021
Okortor:
Compare the Salary before consideration.
If your bank salary pays more, stay here but if otherwise then good luck.
9ja is on fire , no doubt but that shouldn't make anyone jump into an unknown river.
Congratulations on your decision.
Thank you for this
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Multinational Technology Consulting Company? by Markswag101: 10:08am On May 31, 2021
iampeterben:

Be sure of where you are going to before you embark on the journey okay, if the place is good take it. Nigerian banking jobs are not secure. Sha be sure before you go sir.
Yes i will, Thank you.
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Multinational Technology Consulting Company? by Markswag101: 10:09am On May 31, 2021
FirstSon01:
Depends on what you want and how much the work hours of both jobs is and the pay.

Still, you should understand the risks of working in another country were you won't have your loved ones around to help in case of problems but if you're able to make friends easily with the natives you don't even need to be in a Nigerian community there.

Take the job, it'll open more opportunities.
Thanks for the advise
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Multinational Technology Consulting Company? by iampeterben(m): 10:10am On May 31, 2021
Markswag101:
Yes i will, Thank you.
Uwc sir
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Multinational Technology Consulting Company? by mapet: 10:15am On May 31, 2021
Markswag101:
Good Day,

I recently did an interview with a multinational technology consulting company with an opening senegal, i'm expecting to hear back from them this week with the full offer details. i've been having lots of thoughts on the matter, if the offer is very good and i accept it, i'm worried about how i can adapt to the country, how is the lifestyle and culture there, is there a community of nigerians there and if it would be worth it to leave my current job in a tier 1 bank and explore this opportunity.
i would appreciate any thoughts and advises here please.

Fear of the Unknown shey? These are decision people hardly make for anyone as situations are different and preferences are also not same. I will speak to the fear of the Unknown. I had options to leave the country 2x in the past and did not take it. Fast-forward 12-15yrs and I was about to take an offer in to a very senior role, twice I was asked why I have only worked in one place in 20yrs? Well I got the job thank God, but I look back and ask why I never took those chances?

If your "Multinational Tech" company is in line with your Vision and career objective and aspiration, go for it....take a chance... we all need to take chances.....
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Multinational Technology Consulting Company? by Koryc: 10:20am On May 31, 2021
Markswag101:
I've gone through thier website and Linkedin and everything looks okay, the only concern is i read some mixed reviews about them on Glassdoor.
Be careful so you won't have issues.
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Multinational Technology Consulting Company? by Mrsegz: 10:25am On May 31, 2021
My dear Brother take it if it comes.
A Bank Job is good in the Nigerian Context. But a multinational Role is an opportunity you shouldnt miss.
The Advantages are numerous, the exposure, learning another Language and the opportunity of hopping from one multinational to another. The Advantages are numerous. Take it if you can!
Markswag101:
Good Day,

I recently did an interview with a multinational technology consulting company with an opening senegal, i'm expecting to hear back from them this week with the full offer details. i've been having lots of thoughts on the matter, if the offer is very good and i accept it, i'm worried about how i can adapt to the country, how is the lifestyle and culture there, is there a community of nigerians there and if it would be worth it to leave my current job in a tier 1 bank and explore this opportunity.
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Multinational Technology Consulting Company? by samwillyco1(m): 10:28am On May 31, 2021
Your position and salary in the bank matters, so wait for the offer first and compare the conditions and salaries.

Finally help a friend with a JOB
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Multinational Technology Consulting Company? by pipnator00(m): 10:29am On May 31, 2021
Markswag101:
Good Day,

Opportunity to japa from this hell of a country and you are thinking twice!
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Multinational Technology Consulting Company? by Sircarma99: 10:34am On May 31, 2021
YES , Bank job is a joke
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Multinational Technology Consulting Company? by Cutehector(m): 11:06am On May 31, 2021
Why is this a question.? Mchew.

Why not ask us if you should take money if you see it. Mchew
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Multinational Technology Consulting Company? by Josywhyte: 11:19am On May 31, 2021
Baba if get the job eh,just to Senegal and enjoy your life and work. It's more better and calm than thus shit hole. My guy is in Uganda working and he's enjoying it
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Multinational Technology Consulting Company? by Loisemm2(f): 11:29am On May 31, 2021
Kingdemi212019:
Where Una dey see job?
Go to job sites and be applying. Even nairaland has a job search section. It is well
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Multinational Technology Consulting Company? by Immarocks(f): 11:36am On May 31, 2021
Kingdemi212019:
Where Una dey see job?

As in ehn...my thought exactly ..I am tired sef
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Multinational Technology Consulting Company? by HAgbonna(m): 11:44am On May 31, 2021
I don't care how much they pay you in that bank. Quit the job for another. Bank is of chains and bound. You hard see the good opportunities in front of you. Bank job yucks. Except for the fishes there, bank job is a no no
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Multinational Technology Consulting Company? by 1forall: 11:49am On May 31, 2021
Markswag101

Except you already know the full terms of the new job, I don't think you have enough information to make a decision yet.

Why not wait until you're made an offer so you have all the facts? Then and only then can you/readers make a informed decision.
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Multinational Technology Consulting Company? by SAMIexx: 2:48pm On May 31, 2021
Hmm bro think well ooo, Nigeria may be hot presently but do you know what you will later face in that country. Patience is key.
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Multinational Technology Consulting Company? by SURElee(f): 4:26pm On May 31, 2021
You don't need anyone to tell you to.
You already know as a banker, you have no job. You can wake up, go to work one day and find out you can't log in with your password, what does that tell you? You have been thrown into the job hunting pool.

Take this new offer and build a new career path. The final decision is yours to make.

Peace!
Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Multinational Technology Consulting Company? by ndidibabe(f): 5:49pm On May 31, 2021
babyfaceafrica:
Bank na Job?
Na job. Real Job...

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Multinational Technology Consulting Company? by ndidibabe(f): 5:51pm On May 31, 2021
SURElee:
You don't need anyone to tell you to.
You already know as a banker, you have no job. You can wake up, go to work one day and find out you can't log in with your password, what does that tell you? You have been thrown into the job hunting pool.

Take this new offer and build a new career path. The final decision is yours to make.

Peace!
That can happen in any industry. To the glory of God, I have worked in the banking industry for good 16 years. I have never been sacked.

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave My Bank Job For A Multinational Technology Consulting Company? by ndidibabe(f): 5:52pm On May 31, 2021
Markswag101:
Good Day,

How long have u been in the banking industry? What's your cadre?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

As A Startup, How Much Should I Pay Workers? / GMT Terminal Interview / ZP Nigeria Limited @ Ikeja.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.