Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:02 AM

As Far As Boko Haram Is Concerned, Nigeria Safer Today Than 2015 - Garba Shehu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / As Far As Boko Haram Is Concerned, Nigeria Safer Today Than 2015 - Garba Shehu (270 Views)

Zulum: Boko Haram Is Attacking People And You Are Collecting N1,000 Per Car / Lauretta Onochie: Ekweremadu’s Attack, Evidence Nigeria Safer Than Other Places / Lai Mohammed: Nigeria Safer Today Than It Was In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As Far As Boko Haram Is Concerned, Nigeria Safer Today Than 2015 - Garba Shehu by Insidenaija: 9:53am On May 31, 2021
As far as Boko Haram is concerned, Nigeria is a safer place today than it was in 2015, presidential aide Garba Shehu has said, Newspremises reports.

Shehu said this when asked if Nigeria is safer compared to 2015 when his principal took over, on a Channels Television programme.

He also claimed that the current issues in the country are new challenges which have been mostly subdued.

The presidential spokesperson said;

In his words:

“As far as Boko Haram terrorism is concerned, Nigeria is a safer place today than it was in 2015 when he took power.

“New challenges have come up, farmers-herders clashes, and killings in certain sections of the country, much of those have been subdued.

“We have been confronted with sabotage of oil installations in the south-south that have been managed effectively up to this point.

“Challenges of kidnapping and banditry have risen in so many parts of the country, including the south-west. Though the south-west is the safest part of the country.”

However lamenting over spate of attacks by Boko Haram, Shehu said the terrorists have disappeared and merged into a bigger threat. He said the group which pledged its allegiance to the Islamic State of West African Province (ISWAP) and has targeted military formations, civilians, religious centers among others, is being funded by the remnants of the Libyan Army in collaboration with Iraq and Iran.

“What we are seeing today is that the Boko Haram that we knew has virtually disappeared and has merged to a bigger threat – ISWAP that is funded and financed by the Libyan Army and alliances that have been formed including Iraq.

“This is a challenge not only to Nigeria, Lake Chad Basin but to the Sub-Saharan region, and the whole of West Africa is tackling this together,” Shehu said.

Source: https://newspremises.com.ng/as-far-as-boko-haram-is-concerned-nigeria-is-a-safer-place-today-than-it-was-in-2015-garba-shehu/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Dominique

Re: As Far As Boko Haram Is Concerned, Nigeria Safer Today Than 2015 - Garba Shehu by Joromi1: 9:56am On May 31, 2021
I hate this bastard because he shamelessly displays the real attitude of a Fulani Muslim. Those bloodsucking demons have no regard for the lives of non Muslims. His kind are all over Nairaland Politics section. They don't see anything wrong with this administration simply because a Fulani Muslim is the president.
Re: As Far As Boko Haram Is Concerned, Nigeria Safer Today Than 2015 - Garba Shehu by GorillaApp(m): 10:00am On May 31, 2021
How did I get to this country?
Re: As Far As Boko Haram Is Concerned, Nigeria Safer Today Than 2015 - Garba Shehu by helinues: 10:00am On May 31, 2021
May be, may be not
Re: As Far As Boko Haram Is Concerned, Nigeria Safer Today Than 2015 - Garba Shehu by Lattop(m): 10:02am On May 31, 2021
I don't know why dis man disgust me

Only his family members should Quote me pls!!!
Re: As Far As Boko Haram Is Concerned, Nigeria Safer Today Than 2015 - Garba Shehu by Whois(m): 10:25am On May 31, 2021
I am speechless

Re: As Far As Boko Haram Is Concerned, Nigeria Safer Today Than 2015 - Garba Shehu by MajesticKris: 10:32am On May 31, 2021
Speechless cry

Re: As Far As Boko Haram Is Concerned, Nigeria Safer Today Than 2015 - Garba Shehu by Theyoungmaster(m): 10:40am On May 31, 2021
It's the boldness for me.

Do these people even have kids at home? Do they feel embarrassed by their shameful hypocrisy? Is their conscience dead totally?

My goodness!

1 Like

Re: As Far As Boko Haram Is Concerned, Nigeria Safer Today Than 2015 - Garba Shehu by kabillionaire(m): 11:04am On May 31, 2021
Islam is like a dead animal, anywhere it is, terrorism follows ...why
Re: As Far As Boko Haram Is Concerned, Nigeria Safer Today Than 2015 - Garba Shehu by Akwamkpuruamu: 11:36am On May 31, 2021
Supported by NL resident zombies
Re: As Far As Boko Haram Is Concerned, Nigeria Safer Today Than 2015 - Garba Shehu by Lanretoye(m): 11:46am On May 31, 2021
That’s what he is being paid for

(1) (Reply)

NECO Registrar, Godswill Obioma Was Not Killed By Unknown Gunmen / Faleke Dissociate Self From Ojodu Protest / President Buhari Is Not Genocidal! Adesina Declares, Reveals Why He Loves The Pr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.