Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,478 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:00 PM

Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes (62193 Views)

Two Snakes Crawling At My Backyard / I Killed Two Snakes The Same Day In My Room. Is It Spirituality Attached? (Photo / Two Long Snakes Electrocuted In Iju Ishaga, Lagos (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes by ThatIgedeBoy: 5:35pm On May 31, 2021
Get bitter kola. Crush them and spread them round the facility. You are good to go.
Re: Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes by sylve11: 5:35pm On May 31, 2021
They are much in my current location, too. Not a pleasant sight. embarassed cool
Re: Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes by Totilopussylick(m): 5:35pm On May 31, 2021
ekene101:
Thank God you killed the one trying to swallow that lizard,it is bad omen for a snake to swallow lizard in the presence of a person, it means death was about to take someone you know but your quick intervention have saved that person.
Some people will call this superstitious belief,but it's real. Especially if you have a sick or pregnant relation.
Native doctor av spoken.

1 Like

Re: Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes by JoeSoapy: 5:35pm On May 31, 2021
Why are we African too superstitious in nature? Reptiles like snakes would always feed on lesser reptiles and rodents, same way Rodents feed on insects, grains and the likes. Read more and be enlightened please

1 Like

Re: Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes by ednut1(m): 5:36pm On May 31, 2021
Omo greedy snakes
Re: Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes by Nobody: 5:36pm On May 31, 2021
Faraday1997:
Please fellows help in giving any tips or ideas on how to get rid of snakes around the environments.

Here at where I work as a security guard is fully infected with lots of snakes and they are now on the move. Probably the mother have hatched her eggs and they're now on the move around the facilities. Mainly on daily basis I have been encountering and killing them.

But please if there is anything else I can do to help get rid of them please kindly share with me please.

OP get Garlic and Onions. The sulfonic acid in garlic and onions (the same chemical that makes us cry when we chop onions) repels snakes. Mix these with rock salt and sprinkle them around your home and yard for effectiveness. You can also infuse garlic into any essential oil and use to fumigate hard to reach places.

This is super effective

4 Likes

Re: Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes by Nobody: 5:37pm On May 31, 2021
Use chemicals send them to great beyond.

Grass killer N2,000.

Pesticide N3,500.

You can do it yourself. Mix with water and spray.

1 Like

Re: Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes by donbenie(m): 5:37pm On May 31, 2021
ekene101:
na ur own u talk so,na wetin I know I talk. Even person see am and refuse to kill am,Dem dey fine d snake enter bush go kill am. Na bad omen.
Your Superstitious beliefs does not in any way control anything apart from your own actions..

Continue believing in whatever you want..

Doesn't change the way the world is..

2 Likes

Re: Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes by AmazingELixir: 5:37pm On May 31, 2021
undecided

Op leave the snakes alone....they're after lizards not you...afteral you guys have taken over their habitats
Re: Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes by Lolachef(f): 5:37pm On May 31, 2021
grin
EXLOVER:
Why don't you kill their mother and adopt the kids, take care of them, name them, when they are old enough to the stage of getting married they will never forget the good things you did for them. Snakes Lives Matter.

Just thinking out loud
Re: Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes by LockDown69(m): 5:38pm On May 31, 2021
Sebastine1994:
I was once like you. let me share my experience.

I too was a security man in an uncompleted building.

owned by a very rich man, the pay was good but the risk was much. There were more snakes in that compound than my entire LGA.

He said I was not allowed to kill the snakes. I should just let them be.

I had to make a decision instantly, I resigned. my friend tell the property owner first, if the response is useless just quit.

Na jazzman grin
Re: Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes by Steve0979(m): 5:39pm On May 31, 2021
Garlic n bitter cola
Re: Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes by NotFarFrom: 5:39pm On May 31, 2021
The answer is very simple.... bitter kola
Re: Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes by JamesSabastine: 5:41pm On May 31, 2021
You may want to try spreading bitter kola around the area. I had it usually repel snakes.
Re: Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes by Chinny024(f): 5:41pm On May 31, 2021
Pour fews cans of diesel around in the morning and night..Even their mother will relocate to sambista.

Throw bitter kola around the compound... I heard it repels snake too.
Burn slippers or rubber/plastic at night or early in the morning around the areas you see them most..

Look for another job or resign and take your life if the owner of that compound doesn't want to fumigate..
Re: Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes by lexy2014: 5:42pm On May 31, 2021
ekene101:
Thank God you killed the one trying to swallow that lizard,it is bad omen for a snake to swallow lizard in the presence of a person, it means death was about to take someone you know but your quick intervention have saved that person.
Some people will call this superstitious belief,but it's real. Especially if you have a sick or pregnant relation.

Who made it a bad omen?
Re: Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes by nuruajao: 5:43pm On May 31, 2021
This is called Snake empire,they're minor allowed to grow for snake pepper soup
Re: Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes by kuuljay(m): 5:43pm On May 31, 2021
Even if the house was built in heaven iam packing out
Re: Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes by kerry57: 5:43pm On May 31, 2021
Guy but bitter kola and throw them around ur compound . Snakes will be miles away from ur house.
Re: Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes by Nobody: 5:44pm On May 31, 2021
Put bitter kola around the compound.
Re: Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes by grandstar(m): 5:46pm On May 31, 2021
ekene101:

Bros, are you an apprentice to babalawo? What's all this?

2 Likes

Re: Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes by Dhotseal(m): 5:46pm On May 31, 2021
ekene101:

Inside 2021 o!
How can you talk like this for 2021 bro?

2 Likes

Re: Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes by ThePlugg(m): 5:47pm On May 31, 2021
Sebastine1994:

He said I was not allowed to kill the snakes. I should just let them be.

I had to make a decision instantly, I resigned. my friend tell the property owner first, if the response is useless just quit.

Inside Life

1 Like

Re: Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes by TenOverTen111(m): 5:48pm On May 31, 2021
Gosh! This is really terrifying.
Re: Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes by femmyapson(m): 5:49pm On May 31, 2021
melodyisaac:
I killed one yesterday, a very huge one
Drop pictures
Re: Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes by treatise: 5:49pm On May 31, 2021
Faraday1997:
Please fellows help in giving any tips or ideas on how to get rid of snakes around the environments.

Here at where I work as a security guard is fully infected with lots of snakes and they are now on the move. Probably the mother have hatched her eggs and they're now on the move around the facilities. Mainly on daily basis I have been encountering and killing them.

But please if there is anything else I can do to help get rid of them please kindly share with me please.

Sniper to the rescue, tested and trusted.
Re: Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes by agabonus: 5:49pm On May 31, 2021
Buy harbiside and spread in your compound .
Re: Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes by khadaffi(m): 5:50pm On May 31, 2021
SoliBayNG:
Clear your environment first of all. Heard there are also some plants that are natural repellents to snakes

Bitter kola is a natural repellent,. Tobacco plant is also another repellant to snakes
Re: Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes by Swiftlee(m): 5:53pm On May 31, 2021
1. Grind bitter Kola and spread it around corners.
2. You can also use garlic, onions, and dry pepper. Burn them together. The smell repels snakes a lot.
Re: Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes by Nathayas: 5:54pm On May 31, 2021
Pour raw petrol around the premises, no one can withstand it.
Re: Help Needed On Getting Rid Of Snakes by storm001(m): 5:54pm On May 31, 2021
Buy bitter cola and spread in the environment .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Python Soldiers Killed At Their Battalion Today / Checkout This Ananconda Like Snake Killed Today (photos) / A Nairalander's Bboy Video For Coca-Cola, Uses One Finger To Balance On The Can

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.