Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:52 PM

Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation (27439 Views)

She Won't Let You Touch The Boobs / TEST: Marry Her If She Can Eat This With You / If She Is Amazing, She Won't Be Easy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Go Down)

Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by Princek12(m): 6:53pm On May 01, 2011
My wonderful people of Nairaland

Should a guy still go ahead with the wedding if his fiance says she won't change her last name, and that at best all she can do is hyphenate her name? The guy said if she won't fully change her last name, then no wedding. He does not want that hyphenation crap. What y'all think?
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by InkedNerd(f): 6:54pm On May 01, 2011
I don't see why not. There's no rule or law that says a woman must take on her husbands name. Even if there was, na by force?

1 Like

Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by MrsChima(f): 6:56pm On May 01, 2011
I knew you would be in here Inky. Why are last names important to SOME boys? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by BABE3: 6:57pm On May 01, 2011
I'm not changing my last name completely. It's too damn sexy! I'm only adding my guy's name!
Kapish!

@OP, The guy must be smoking sand! Because of last name, you want to drop wedding?---**smh**
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by r231(m): 6:58pm On May 01, 2011
thank God my last name is very long grin grin
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by MrsChima(f): 7:00pm On May 01, 2011
BABE!:

I'm not changing my last name. It's too damn sexy! I'm only adding my guy's name!
Kapish!

@OP, The guy must be smoking sand! Because of last name, you want to drop wedding?---**smh**

Exactly. There is no love in that.
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by Dsense(m): 7:01pm On May 01, 2011
OP.
I don't mind.
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by 190: 7:02pm On May 01, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

I don't see why not. There's no rule or law that says a woman must take on her husbands name. Even if there was, na by force?

The families of mecedez welcomes the family of NERD

to the traditional marriage ceremony of their son 190 and their Okadigbo daughter inked

date feb 14 2012

time" 12 noon ( No african time )

Venue" St. Andrew's church New Jersey

Signed: 190 inked for the family

rsvp- rice and stew very plenty

Special guest of occasion"" BABE and her Oria-magbe dance group!!
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by BABE3: 7:05pm On May 01, 2011
190:

The families of mecedez welcomes the family of NERD

to the traditional marriage ceremony of their son 190 and their Okadigbo daughter inked

date feb 14 2012

time" 12 noon ( No african time )

Venue" St. Andrew's church New Jersey

Signed: 190 inked for the family

rsvp- rice and stew very plenty

Special guest of occasion"" BABE and her Oria-magbe dance group!!

ROFTLMAO!!! Won Night-E!!! Me, dance group abi?

Like I siad, It's obvious you've started using engine oil to fry your plantain!  smiley
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by Princek12(m): 7:09pm On May 01, 2011
BABE!:

I'm not changing my last name completely. It's too damn sexy! I'm only adding my guy's name!
Kapish!

too damn sexy my behind. u better change your last name ooooooo
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by 190: 7:13pm On May 01, 2011
BABE!:

ROFTLMAO!!! Won Night-E!!! Me, dance group abi?

Like I siad, It's obvious you've started using engine oil to fry your plantain!  smiley

angry angry
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by BABE3: 7:18pm On May 01, 2011
Princek12:

too damn sexy my behind. u better change your last name ooooooo

haha! Who is this one again?!

I ain't changing non'. tongue
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by Princek12(m): 7:25pm On May 01, 2011
BABE!:

haha! Who is this one again?!

I ain't changing non'.  tongue

some of y'all women of nowadays are now growing too many wings. back in the days this would not be a question. what next? very soon women will be asking their husbands to change their own names into theirs. I guess too many punk arse men are allowing some women to grow wings and are not putting them in check.

1 Like

Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by MrsChima(f): 7:27pm On May 01, 2011
Princek12:

some of y'all women of nowadays are now growing too many wings. back in the days this would not be a question. what next? very soon women will be asking their husbands to change their own names into theirs. I guess too many punk arse men are allowing some women to grow wings and are not putting them in check.

Back then laws didn't protect women and now laws are favoring women so therefore women are using their freedom to express themselves freely. IF you have to control a woman to feel like a man I suggest you find your balls or grow some.

1 Like

Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by 190: 7:28pm On May 01, 2011
Princek12:

Exactly if my wife isnt willing to accept my full names

then she can go to hell for all i care  undecided

1 Like

Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by BABE3: 7:32pm On May 01, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

That right! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

wink wink
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by Princek12(m): 7:39pm On May 01, 2011
190:

Exactly if my wife isnt willing to accept my full names

then she can go to hell for all i care  undecided

thank you, abeg. which kind of nonsense is that when they are calling your wife (a married woman) by her maiden name? It is a shame that some Naija women are supporting that nonsense. Where is the respect a man has as the head of his household when his wife will not even bear his own name?

A girl can go to hell if she does not want to change her last name to mine. At least she can be like Oprah and stay single and keep her name for as long as she wants, except if she marries a punk who will allow that ish to happen.
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by 190: 7:44pm On May 01, 2011
^Ignore them brother,

They would say what they wanna say here on NL

but in reality they dont have a say of their own

Na them born themselves, wen a man should come with his millions

the lady would now say she wanna keep her name, where the father, mom and villager elders are

LOL, I laff, they are just saying what they gotta say to look tough, their rants cant crack an egg, they know what's expected from them just refusing

to open up ( such nuisance ) undecided
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by MrsChima(f): 7:49pm On May 01, 2011
Princek12:

thank you, abeg. which kind of nonsense is that when they are calling your wife (a married woman) by her maiden name? It is a shame that some Naija women are supporting that nonsense. Where is the respect a man has as the head of his household when his wife will not even bear his own name?

A girl can go to hell if she does not want to change her last name to mine. At least she can be like Oprah and stay single and keep her name for as long as she wants, except if she marries a punk who will allow that ish to happen.

Guess what?  There are women who have their names hyphenated and what are you going to do about it beside bitching about it?   undecided undecided

You can go to hell right with the girl too and your spot is paid for.
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by Princek12(m): 7:53pm On May 01, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Guess what?  There are women who have their names hyphenated and what are you going to do about it beside bitching about it?   undecided undecided

You can go to hell right with the girl too and your spot is paid for.

I don't care about the women who have their names hyphenated. That is why I said many of those women end up with punks or weak men who cannot put their foot down, and the men just do as the woman directs them. Those men are probably the ones doing the laundry and cooking while their wives play video games. There are women who wear the pants, of course in a household with a spineless man as the husband.
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by 190: 7:55pm On May 01, 2011
Smh undecided
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by MrsChima(f): 8:01pm On May 01, 2011
[size=44pt]LMAO@single men mad at other women for their hyphenated names grin grin[/size]

This is the FUNNIEST SHIT since 2010!!! grin grin grin cry cry cry cry
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by cantell(m): 8:05pm On May 01, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Back then laws didn't protect women and now laws are favoring women so therefore women are using their freedom to express themselves freely.  IF you have to control a woman to feel like a man I suggest you find your balls or grow some.
Law or no law, if a woman cannot bear her husband's last name, there's no point in getting married.
She should remain single and bear her parents last name.
If i'm getting married to a woman after my heart, i expect her to accept me without any objection and the same thing goes to me.
She can't accept some part of me and then refuse some. It's not done.
Two people come together to become one - marriage.
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by Princek12(m): 8:06pm On May 01, 2011
Mrs Chima

You must not have heard of the word generator? You are just one of those women girls who will end up with a houseboy, not a husband.
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by 190: 8:06pm On May 01, 2011
ROTFL!! grin
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by Nobody: 8:08pm On May 01, 2011
Why not? I'm keeping my name. I might add his to mine with the hyphen though but I will keep mine for sure. smiley
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by 190: 8:10pm On May 01, 2011
MzDarkSkin:

Why not? I'm keeping my name. I might add his to mine with the hyphen though but I will keep mine for sure. smiley

Might or will

you can keep your name but WILL add my name @ the beginning and maybe if you cook good nigerian dishes for me

I would pardon u to keep your names after my surname with the hyphen
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by r231(m): 8:11pm On May 01, 2011
^^^^^what if the name is wayyyy too long grin

MzDarkSkin:

Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by 190: 8:13pm On May 01, 2011
r231:

^^^^^what if the name is wayyyy too long grin

That is her headache But she is taking my name and ITS FINAL!!

If she wants to bear a name as long as the words from Gensis to revelation that is her HEADACHE

But she bears my name and Its stands!

No further talk on this issue!!
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by MrsChima(f): 8:14pm On May 01, 2011
cantell:

Law or no law, if a woman cannot bear her husband's last name, there's no point in getting married.
She should remain single and bear her parents last name.
If i'm getting married to a woman after my heart, i expect her to accept me without any objection and the same thing goes to me.
She can't accept some part of me and then refuse some. It's not done.
Two people come together to become one - marriage.

If that was the case why don't you accept her last name as well?  Don't contradict yourself.
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by Princek12(m): 8:15pm On May 01, 2011
Mrs Chima,

Even if you don't have houseboy in the States, you sure have scrubs and attache dudes. Those are the ones you will marry.

[size=20pt]Mrs Chima Chukwuemeka-Oyakhilomen[/size]
Re: Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation by Princek12(m): 8:16pm On May 01, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

If that was the case why don't you accept her last name as well?  Don't contradict yourself.  

Accept her last name? Did your father accept your mother's last name? Is that how you were raised?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22)

My Girlfriend Was Raped / 7 Ways To Know If A Girl Is Still A Virgin! / Nigerians Describe Their Exes With A Nigerian Food (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.