Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,843 members, 7,806,377 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:35 PM

BREAKING: Gunmen Kill Imo Immigration Senior Officer - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Gunmen Kill Imo Immigration Senior Officer (1353 Views)

Victor Ijioma: Gunmen Kill Imo Traditional Ruler, Set Corpse Ablaze / Christian Ihim: Gunmen Kill Imo APC Ward Chairman, Kidnap 5 APC Members / Gunmen Kill Imo Immigration Senior Officer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Gunmen Kill Imo Immigration Senior Officer by HonNL: 2:24pm On May 31, 2021
The Chief Provost of Nigerian Immigration Service, Imo State Command, Okiemute Mrere, has been assassinated.

Mrere was murdered on Saturday night on Owerri- Port Harcourt Road in Owerri, our correspondent learnt on Monday.

A senior officer of NIS, who confirmed to our correspondent, said the slain officer’s corpse was discovered in a bush on Sunday morning.

Mrere was riding a Hilux van belonging to NIS when he was allegedly waylaid, shot and killed.

The source told our correspondent that the assailants did not take the victim’s service pistol as it was found on him when his corpse was discovered, the next day.

The official Hilux van that he was riding when he was attacked was riddled with bullet holes, our correspondent learnt.

The source said, “The chief provost of Nigerian Immigration Service, Imo State Command, Okiemute Mrere, has been assassinated. He was killed on Saturday night. He was riding in his official Hilux van when he was attacked, shot and killed.

“His corpse was discovered the next day which was on Sunday morning. Nothing was taken from him, not even his service pistol. His vehicle was riddled in bullets holes. The command is quiet. There is panic as officers are dumbfounded by this tragic development.”

The command’s Public Relations Officer, Winifred Ogu, refused to take several calls put to her telephone by our correspondent.

She had yet to respond to a text message sent to her as of the time of filing this report but a senior officer who preferred anonymity confirmed the murder to our correspondent.

The state Commissioner of Police, Abutu Yaro, told our correspondent on Monday morning that, “I do not have the brief”.

SOURCE

Re: BREAKING: Gunmen Kill Imo Immigration Senior Officer by Dduce0: 2:28pm On May 31, 2021
Too bad
Re: BREAKING: Gunmen Kill Imo Immigration Senior Officer by alizma: 2:29pm On May 31, 2021
Some gladiators in the state seems to be settling their scores by using unknown gun men

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Gunmen Kill Imo Immigration Senior Officer by Ikonsoway: 2:39pm On May 31, 2021
W
Re: BREAKING: Gunmen Kill Imo Immigration Senior Officer by Ezemarcel(m): 2:45pm On May 31, 2021
Why will he be going out with such Van alone

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Gunmen Kill Imo Immigration Senior Officer by Munzy14(m): 2:50pm On May 31, 2021
This is best time to settle scores, taking advantage of the situations..

Politicians and agency top guys will fix themselves this period...cheesy

We watch...

Since this year, Imo lites have been complaining the inhumane treatment in the hands of immigration office....I pity those of them feeling like deputy Jesus, na now guys go fix them up..It's a pity....The dead don't tell their story.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Gunmen Kill Imo Immigration Senior Officer by atorioke(m): 2:51pm On May 31, 2021
UGM don kill my Urhobo brother.

No shaking

No peace in Nigeria till this union end. No peace in Jesus name, Amen.
Re: BREAKING: Gunmen Kill Imo Immigration Senior Officer by ivolt: 2:54pm On May 31, 2021
Gunmen?
Re: BREAKING: Gunmen Kill Imo Immigration Senior Officer by Mysticwebb: 3:02pm On May 31, 2021
Moving around that town with a marked van is a high security risk with the prevailing circumstances there.
R.I.P
Re: BREAKING: Gunmen Kill Imo Immigration Senior Officer by 1MCN: 3:13pm On May 31, 2021
Such a fine looking young man! Should we not just dismember this Nigeria and save lives?!
Re: BREAKING: Gunmen Kill Imo Immigration Senior Officer by PrinceOfLagos: 3:14pm On May 31, 2021
More death chei

I pity any uniform men or women right now
Re: BREAKING: Gunmen Kill Imo Immigration Senior Officer by temitope27(m): 3:25pm On May 31, 2021
Non of my business
Re: BREAKING: Gunmen Kill Imo Immigration Senior Officer by anigbajumo(m): 3:42pm On May 31, 2021
atorioke:

No shaking

If those killings get to ur doorstep u won't be saying nonsense. Continue to kill people as u like and wait for nemesis in coming months, You will all pay for it if it later turn to terrorism. Those of you that are ignorant of history should quickly do ur thorough research and see how terrorism started in the North, When you ignites fire, you can only see how the fire started but you can see how long it will escalate. UGM started by killing Policemen b4 they started attacking Inec offices then to Individuals. It was Gulak and former chief justice of Enugu state yesterday and today it's Immigration provost wen it turns to suicide bombing yer eyes will open and I will see who will quench it for you. It's ur Land and ur region, keep on applauding them and wait for the nemesis. I don't knw the joy u are deriving in applauding gun men they are killing people for fun, I just don't understand..

Which Politics of betterment or hatred for government reach this level. Imagine the agony the family of the officer will be going through now moreover the useless APC government is the main problem of this issue, Obj locked up Gani Adams during OPC unrest during his days which is fellow Yoruba man but Buhari is deodorizing his fellow Fulani people when this madness started, if government has taken drastic step to curb the babaric act of Fulani terrorist all these nonsense couldn't av started. It's a shame that Buhari is a Rtd Major General.
Re: BREAKING: Gunmen Kill Imo Immigration Senior Officer by nazicartel(m): 3:46pm On May 31, 2021
Even immigration kwa?.... This is very bad nah...
This case is no longer Unknown gun men, it's time to settle political issues, if you're having political or other related outstandings, calm down and wait for your turn, your old friends are coming to say HI
Re: BREAKING: Gunmen Kill Imo Immigration Senior Officer by EMMY76: 4:50pm On May 31, 2021
atorioke:

No shaking

Sorry bro those guys still kill their own people that are serving in the nigerian security agencies.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Gunmen Kill Imo Immigration Senior Officer by EMMY76: 5:06pm On May 31, 2021
anigbajumo:

If those killings get to ur doorstep u won't be saying nonsense. Continue to kill people as u like and wait for nemesis in coming months, You will all pay for it if it later turn to terrorism. Those of you that are ignorant of history should quickly do ur thorough research and see how terrorism started in the North, When you ignites fire, you can only see how the fire started but you can see how long it will escalate. UGM started by killing Policemen b4 they started attacking Inec offices then to Individuals. It was Gulak and former chief justice of Enugu state yesterday and today it's Immigration provost wen it turns to suicide bombing yer eyes will open and I will see who will quench it for you. It's ur Land and ur region, keep on applauding them and wait for the nemesis. I don't knw the joy u are deriving in applauding gun men they are killing people for fun, I just don't understand..

Which Politics of betterment or hatred for government reach this level. Imagine the agony the family of the officer will be going through now moreover the useless APC government is the main problem of this issue, Obj locked up Gani Adams during OPC unrest during his days which is fellow Yoruba man but Buhari is deodorizing his fellow Fulani people when this madness started, if government has taken drastic step to curb the babaric act of Fulani terrorist all these nonsense couldn't av started. It's a shame that Buhari is a Rtd Major General.

It's quite unfortunate that the situation has to degenerate to this level but it seems that the only language those that runs nigeria understands very well is voilence.
Re: BREAKING: Gunmen Kill Imo Immigration Senior Officer by atorioke(m): 5:11pm On May 31, 2021
anigbajumo:

Just shut up. For there to be peace, there has to be war. It is not my region neither is it your region. It is the person killed here that is from my region. Just shut up and face your region. Nobody tell you to pity anybody. Just quiet. Ekpa.
Re: BREAKING: Gunmen Kill Imo Immigration Senior Officer by Fahdiga(m): 5:14pm On May 31, 2021
anigbajumo:

At the end you said nothing
Re: BREAKING: Gunmen Kill Imo Immigration Senior Officer by anigbajumo(m): 5:16pm On May 31, 2021
Fahdiga:
At the end you said nothing

Read in-between the lines and see where I blame both sides.

(1) (Reply)

The set of Igbos Nnamdi Kanu needs to creat biafra ;Emeka Ugwuonye / Another Dot In The Circle Has Won The War. / Mazi Nnamdi Kanu was Right About Africans and Nigerians in Particular

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.