Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,759 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:59 PM

Why I Rejected Biafra Of Only S’east Igbo States – Nnamdi Kanu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Rejected Biafra Of Only S’east Igbo States – Nnamdi Kanu (3136 Views)

2023: Rivers State Rejected Obi Like We Rejected Biafra / Why I rejected Biafra of only S’East Igbo states – Nnamdi Kanu / Uche Okwukwu: APC To Win More Igbo States Before 2023– Ohanaeze SecretaryGeneral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Rejected Biafra Of Only S’east Igbo States – Nnamdi Kanu by nlreserve: 12:11am On Jun 01, 2021
Leader of the Indigenous Peoples of Biafra, IPOB, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, has revealed why he turned down the alleged offer by the Federal Government to have Biafra Republic that comprises only five core Igbo-speaking states in the South East. Kanu who made the revelation in a live broadcast monitored by Vanguard in Abia said his passion to liberate all oppressed indigenous tribes in the old Eastern region made him to insist on not leaving them behind.

“When I was at Kuje prison the federal government offered to give me Biafra provided I leave other tribes outside the five South East states but I told them I must go with the other oppressed nationalities because I don’t want them to continue suffering subjugation”. He however, regretted the utterances of some persons from the minority tribes who he said had the wrong notion that the Igbo intend to dominate them in the new republic.

Kanu condemned an alleged utterance by the Ikwere people in Rivers State that the five South East Igbo states should leave them out of the Biafra project. He warned them and non-igbo speaking tribes in the Niger Delta region against the danger of opting out of the Biafra Republic. He said that the fate of any minority tribe that refused to be part of Biafra Republic would be worse than the Hausa’s who have since lost their identify and freedom to the Fulani.

Kanu regretted that most of the minority tribes were yet to learn from the mistake of the Hausa. He declared that contrary to misconceptions in some quarters the struggle for Biafra republic was not for the Igbo to subjugate or dominate the minority tribes but to free them from bondage.

Kanu said that the way the Jews were hated for no just cause was the way “Ndigbo are being hated for no justifiable reason”. The IPOB leader claimed that Biafra lost the civil war because of global conspiracy allegedly championed by the British.

“During the war Britain and Russia put aside their differences and united to support Nigeria against Biafra”. Kanu claimed that the white people were not supporting Biafra’s struggle for self determination because of their fear that an independent Biafra would become the technology hub of Africa, and ultimately bring civilisation to the black race.

He recalled his encounter with the late Justice P. K Nwokedi, a former aide to Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu who told him how Bulgaria declined from supporting Biafra during the civil war “because of their fear of our technological ingenuity.”

“Justice Nwokedi told me in London that when Ojukwu sent him to Bulgaria to seek her support during the war, after narrating the ordeals of our people to the Bulgarian Government officials, they sympathised with him but simply told him that the world cannot afford another Japan in Africa.”

He said that the jealousy and global conspiracy against Biafra were because of her ingenuity which he said was a divine gift.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/05/why-i-rejected-biafra-of-only-seast-igbo-states-nnamdi-kanu/

5 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Biafra Of Only S’east Igbo States – Nnamdi Kanu by Built2last: 12:11am On Jun 01, 2021
Nigerians in the depth of their heart can't deny the ingenuity of the Igbo race. Their inventions in a 3 year war when there wasn't much technology shocked the Nigerian state.

Igbo is smart, technical and technologically endowed. The Hausa Fulani is forever threatened by the boldness and audacity of an average Igbo man.

Hausa Fulani has not invaded Igbo land because their leaders know that middle belt and south west won't join them in any war against the Igbos again.

We won't bow to the caliphate. We reject Islam and all it represents.

With or without the support of the west Biafra will come.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Rejected Biafra Of Only S’east Igbo States – Nnamdi Kanu by nlreserve: 12:15am On Jun 01, 2021
ygowon, where are u? I love to read your comment

1 Like

Re: Why I Rejected Biafra Of Only S’east Igbo States – Nnamdi Kanu by Golan007: 12:15am On Jun 01, 2021
Will you get out of here you wretched he-goat.

You have no access to the sea and no oil, so you must do everything in your evil gumption to draw a map that includes such resources.

God knrw when he made your region not only landlocked but erosion prone.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Rejected Biafra Of Only S’east Igbo States – Nnamdi Kanu by mrvitalis(m): 12:27am On Jun 01, 2021
Personally ....the the none igbo speaking part of south south should be left out of biafra for heaven's sake ....each igbo speaking people should be independently given referendum to determine their stand ...

South East is ok for a Country , small as it may ,we can make it work ... simple

Heaven knows tomorrow no one would say we didn't give them the option to join

12 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Biafra Of Only S’east Igbo States – Nnamdi Kanu by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 12:28am On Jun 01, 2021
Golan007:

You have no access to the sea and no oil, so you must do everything in your evil gumption to draw a map that includes such resources.

Don't mind the millipede

Always thinking he is smart!

Looking for lots to dominate!

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Rejected Biafra Of Only S’east Igbo States – Nnamdi Kanu by buckeyemedia: 12:39am On Jun 01, 2021
SangoOlukosoOba:

Don't mind the millipede

Useless dreamer was that part of the agreement Abaribe signed for your release? they offered you 5 States when he was incarcerated he refused, they gave him bail, he ran away? Only daft clowns will even listen to these disillusioned sycophant.

8 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Biafra Of Only S’east Igbo States – Nnamdi Kanu by gidgiddy: 12:40am On Jun 01, 2021
Interesting. I have learnt that freedom comes from the heart. If you feel marginalised, subjugated and held down, you will stand up for your freedom

Thats why I laugh when I see or hear the so called "Niger Delta" complain. All they do is form one sort of militancy or the other from time to time, get Chicken change to make them stop being militants, then go back to complaining after a while.

Many of them are not sophisticated enough to talk about freedom.

But Im happy that they are beginning to wake up. I congratulate people like Onajite and Tamuno, two Ijaws who are spearheading liberation with their coastal Biafran tv on Facebook

People like Idu(Edo) Biafra on facebook, Emote and Uwasofia, two Bini women who talk Biafra all the time

Murphy Ogiso in Germany who recently sponsored a Biafran rally in Benin city

May freedom be the portion of all those who seek it

2 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Biafra Of Only S’east Igbo States – Nnamdi Kanu by nlreserve: 12:45am On Jun 01, 2021
SangoOlukosoOba:

Don't mind the millipede

Your moniker indicates you are yoruba but i doubt that. You must be one of those fulanis pretending to come from the south. But even if you are yoruba, why are you talking like you are from the south south? The minorities are yet to comment on this. I think you should go think about your dying northern Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Biafra Of Only S’east Igbo States – Nnamdi Kanu by harakiri(m): 12:45am On Jun 01, 2021
Golan007:

You are a phucking embarrassment...

I am from oil producing south south so you know...

For starters how much have you benefited from oil proceeds?
Re: Why I Rejected Biafra Of Only S’east Igbo States – Nnamdi Kanu by nlreserve: 12:46am On Jun 01, 2021
gidgiddy:
Interesting. I have learnt that freedom comes from the heart. If you feel marginalised, subjugated and held down, you will stand up for your freedom

Thats why I laugh when I see or hear the so called "Niger Delta" complain. All they do is form one sort of militancy or the other from time to time, get Chicken change to make them stop being militants, then go back to complaining after a while.

Many of them are not sophisticated enough to talk about freedom.

But Im happy that they are beginning to wake up. I congratulate people like Onajite and Tamuno, two Ijaws who are spearheading liberation with their coastal Biafran tv on Facebook

People like Idu(Edo) Biafra on facebook, Emote and Uwasofia, two Bini women who talk Biafra all the time

Murphy Ogiso in Germany who recently sponsored a Biafran rally in Benin city

May freedom be the portion of all those who seek it
Amen
Re: Why I Rejected Biafra Of Only S’east Igbo States – Nnamdi Kanu by nlreserve: 12:47am On Jun 01, 2021
harakiri:

Nice response to the fulanis posing as southerners to cause divide within so they can easily conquer as usual

8 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Biafra Of Only S’east Igbo States – Nnamdi Kanu by EdoDefence: 12:53am On Jun 01, 2021
Lol na so

Na you no go go subjugate them, you are just sacrificing your people for them.

May 31st only SE obeyed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Rejected Biafra Of Only S’east Igbo States – Nnamdi Kanu by Nobody: 12:57am On Jun 01, 2021
Built2last:
Nigerians in the depth of their heart can't deny the ingenuity of the Igbo race. Their inventions in a 3 year war when there wasn't much technology shocked the Nigerian state.

Igbo is smart, technical and technologically endowed. The Hausa Fulani is forever threatened by the boldness and audacity of an average Igbo man.

Hausa Fulani has not invaded Igbo land because their leaders know that middle belt and south west won't join them in any war against the Igbos again.

We won't bow to the caliphate. We reject Islam and all it represents.

With or without the support of the west Biafra will come.
don't forget. And fraudulently endowed. Yawning

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Rejected Biafra Of Only S’east Igbo States – Nnamdi Kanu by Golan007: 1:15am On Jun 01, 2021
harakiri:

Will you shut up?

On what grounds do we need ro be together?

Unity beggar.

1 Like

Re: Why I Rejected Biafra Of Only S’east Igbo States – Nnamdi Kanu by Veqtor: 1:32am On Jun 01, 2021
Well, if he's getting too much opposition from these so-called minority tribes, he should let them be nd go with the 5 States. Besides a biafra with all dese different tribes n languages might just turn out to be a second nigeria, just because, ds minorities lack wisdom and hv continued to allow Fulani use tribalism as a foothold to cause division in d south.

They should b on their own and let's start looking out for ourselves, it would be easier sef that way.

7 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Biafra Of Only S’east Igbo States – Nnamdi Kanu by makemoneywbsite: 1:37am On Jun 01, 2021
great tribe
Re: Why I Rejected Biafra Of Only S’east Igbo States – Nnamdi Kanu by ScamHunter: 2:05am On Jun 01, 2021
I believe God placed Igbo in Africa for a reason. Just like Jesus said His disciples must be hated by the world because they do not belong to the world, the Igbo are hated by other tribes in Nigeria because we always always have been ahead in terms of perception and raw ingenuity. You just cannot help noticing that Igbo, ordinarily do not fit into the black race mold.

The only tribe that it took the British 30 solid years to conquer at a time they conquered others mostly without firing a shot. A tribe that the British colonialists hated the most and started discriminating and marginalizing prior to independence, yet at independence NATURALLY was ahead of all others. An African tribe that could hold at abeyance using home-grown technology, European backed Nigeria for 3 years in a modern war. A war that they had to be guided by the British to win through mass starvation through blockade, ethnic genocide of the populace through mass killings and bombing of civilian targets.

In fact, I believe that the network of treachery and maliciousness towards the Igbo in Nigeria was ingrained into Nigerian tribes against Igbo by the British. A tribe all others form a network and axis of evil against, yet they're survivors. A tribe that they murdered 5 million of them (just one million less than what Hitler murdered of the Jews) yet they thrive.

If Igbo doesn't liberate the tribes in Nigeria, no other tribe would. In fact, you all are goners. My knowledge of history taught me that the British defeated the Igbo in the Ekumeku war because they jettisoned their guerilla-style tactic to face the more sophisticated British. This is the same mistake that Ojukwu made in facing the far more superior British, Russians, Czechoslovakia, Egypt and Nigeria conventionally.

Igbo must be free to show the world the stuff they are made of. I suggest that if push comes to shove, all these jealous tribes in the South should be left behind in Nigeria to form IGBO ONLY nation. What we have to know (which our forebears didn't know) is that too much success, too much talent, has been dangerous for us in Nigeria. Eagles do not mingle with fowls. The difference is just too much. The hatred too. You can even see that most tribes are comfortable in Nigeria. They'd rather all be slaves to Fulani. No bonafide Igbo has such subservient and easily crushed spirit.

Funny that all most Nigerian tribes see is crude oil which they have explored and exploited for nearly 100 years with no effect. The natural crude African psyche is all about the belle and the appurtenances of life. Only if they know that we Igbo do not care about oil. There is a spirit in us that revolt against the mediocrity called Nigeria and her grab-grab tribes.

Whenever you see them think like human beings when Igbo is involved, just know that calamity stares them in the face if they do otherwise. That's why the only area you'll see Igbo dominance in this country is football. That is the area, they can never find a way to shunt in their usual complete hate and discrimination. The same Igbo domination they fear then stare them in the face because they have no way of matching the natural Igbo talent. Even at that, you can be sure that without their usual marginalization, even their football teams would be 90% Igbo. That, my friend is what Nigerian tribes would rather die than see.

9 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Biafra Of Only S’east Igbo States – Nnamdi Kanu by Everest9(m): 2:08am On Jun 01, 2021
EdoDefence:
Lol na so

Na you no go go subjugate them, you are just sacrificing your people for them.

May 31st only SE obeyed
No movement in Asaba Delta State, even mad men and women on the road obayed

2 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Biafra Of Only S’east Igbo States – Nnamdi Kanu by Nobody: 3:27am On Jun 01, 2021
Their Good Morning dey always come for Good Evening.

Isaac Adaka Boro after fighting the Biafran forces with Nigeria was assassinated by the Nigerians the evening Port Harcourt fell to the federal forces.

Ken Saro Wiwa after hating and fighting the Igbos was executed by one of his northern allies just for asking that Ogoni People survive.

What about Obi Wali an ikwerre from obio akpor where the current nyesom Wike hails from, how did he end up and the rest?

Only the Ibibios and their Scion have stood with the Igbos and that's because to a great extent they also understand this fulanization Agenda and onslaught.

My take is simple, if they don't want to join let them be.

Switzerland and Austria have no coastline yet are great European economies.

Japan sits on several fault lines and volcanoes yet they're great.

We even have gateways to the sea and should not even bother because of coastline.

We also have the oil they feel we're after.

We're enterprising, have the ingenuity and spirit to survive that they don't have.

They're lazy and rely on oil royalties to fund their ostentatious living.

Even Wike knows that without Igbos port Harcourt is finished.

Only Aba as battered as Aba is gives the whole South South their essential commodities.

You wan drink oil?

The world is even abandoning oil gradually middle eastern economies are diversifying with speed if they've failed to see beyond now.

Also South South incase they are also failing to be honest with themselves, they will not even be a stable region if they're alone because there are numerous tribes making up the region who even lack tolerance for each other. Ijaw,Urhobos and itsekiris always on each other's neck in little Delta state also ijaws and binis fighting over gele gele etc.

Don't reject the deal for only an Igbo Nation again, it will even be easier to build and manage.

9 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Biafra Of Only S’east Igbo States – Nnamdi Kanu by Aboks(m): 3:30am On Jun 01, 2021
Mazi come back and claim ur five states biko leave minority alone we dont want to join you period

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Rejected Biafra Of Only S’east Igbo States – Nnamdi Kanu by Nobody: 3:41am On Jun 01, 2021
You'll not have your five states any longer.You and your followers remain wailers forever.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Rejected Biafra Of Only S’east Igbo States – Nnamdi Kanu by Rossiminku: 3:47am On Jun 01, 2021
Kanu said:

“When I was at Kuje prison the federal government offered to give me Biafra provided I leave other tribes outside the five South East states but I told them I must go with the other oppressed nationalities because I don’t want them to continue suffering subjugation”.

More like ''because of their oil reserves worth trillions of dollars''.

Just say the truth, Mr Kanu.

Nigerians are not stupid.

They know your entire 'Biafra' campaign is based on raw greed to corner the Niger Delta oil for you and your gang.

Your Igbo sense will not reach that oil, you hear?

You rejected IGBO NATIONHOOD HANDED TO YOU ON A PLATE because of WHAT?

Because, out of your caring for non-Igbos' welfare, you could not stand that the FG refused to let you claim their territory?

IS THIS CREDIBLE TO ANYONE HERE?

THIS MAN TAKES US FOR FOOLS.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Rejected Biafra Of Only S’east Igbo States – Nnamdi Kanu by Rossiminku: 4:18am On Jun 01, 2021
booscy:
Their Good Morning dey always come for Good Evening.

Isaac Adaka Boro after fighting the Biafran forces with Nigeria was assassinated by the Nigerians the evening Port Harcourt fell to the federal forces.

Ken Saro Wiwa after hating and fighting the Igbos was executed by one of his northern allies just for asking that Ogoni People survive.

What about Obi Wali an ikwerre from obio akpor where the current nyesom Wike hails from, how did he end up and the rest?

Only the Ibibios and their Scion have stood with the Igbos and that's because to a great extent they also understand this fulanization Agenda and onslaught.

My take is simple, if they don't want to join let them be.

Switzerland and Austria have no coastline yet are great European economies.

Japan sits on several fault lines and volcanoes yet they're great.

We even have gateways to the sea and should not even bother because of coastline.

We also have the oil they feel we're after.

We're enterprising, have the ingenuity and spirit to survive that they don't have.

They're lazy and rely on oil royalties to fund their ostentatious living.

Even Wike knows that without Igbos port Harcourt is finished.

Only Aba as battered as Aba is gives the whole South South their essential commodities.

You wan drink oil?

The world is even abandoning oil gradually middle eastern economies are diversifying with speed if they've failed to see beyond now.

Also South South incase they are also failing to be honest with themselves, they will not even be a stable region if they're alone because there are numerous tribes making up the region who even lack tolerance for each other. Ijaw,Urhobos and itsekiris always on each other's neck in little Delta state also ijaws and binis fighting over gele gele etc.

Don't reject the deal for only an Igbo Nation again, it will even be easier to build and manage.

Very naive analysis.

At least Kanu is smart enough to know that Biafra will be an overcrowded, poverty-stricken hellhole without the Niger Delta.

You talk about Igbo ''ingenuity'' and all this nonsense that suggests Igbos are some specially endowed race.

Bro, the things that stop Togo, Gambia, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Liberia, Guinea, and other small African countries from becoming the next Singapore or Japan will stop you too.

Those countries are not struggling because they lack ''ingenuity''.

It's because they lack capital and infrastructure, lack international market access for their finished goods, which prevents local manufacturing/industrial expansion, etc etc.

There are clear structural impediments to rapid African development, affecting all African nations, which your claimed ''ingenuity'' will be powerless to overcome.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Rejected Biafra Of Only S’east Igbo States – Nnamdi Kanu by Nobody: 4:27am On Jun 01, 2021
Rossiminku:

You didn't have to quote me to sound smart and intelligent.

You just displayed how hollow your thinking is to the full glare of the public.

And yes the Igbo ingenuity is one to envy.

We don't owe you apologies for being great people, we take pride in that.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Biafra Of Only S’east Igbo States – Nnamdi Kanu by OPPPS: 4:49am On Jun 01, 2021
Believe this Supreme coward who couldn't attend his parents burial at your own peril

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Rejected Biafra Of Only S’east Igbo States – Nnamdi Kanu by Aufbauh(m): 5:11am On Jun 01, 2021
Nnamdi Kanu the dreamer and fantasier!
Keep on dreaming, when you wake up you'll find yourself in a fool paradise.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Rejected Biafra Of Only S’east Igbo States – Nnamdi Kanu by Firstorderwizard(m): 5:15am On Jun 01, 2021
I don't even want the Niger Delta tribes in Biafra with the exception of Ibibio and other Akwaibom/ Calabar tribes that stood with us through thick and thin. Our Anioma, Etche and Obigbo brothers in Delta and Rivers are already with us.
Ijaw and Ikwere should form their own nation. They will drag us back with their "our oil" mentality.

We have more than enough resources to sustain Biafra.
Anambra and Imo alone has billions of cubic litters of natural gas reserve

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Rejected Biafra Of Only S’east Igbo States – Nnamdi Kanu by Ekpeitit(m): 5:16am On Jun 01, 2021
Re: Why I Rejected Biafra Of Only S’east Igbo States – Nnamdi Kanu by Ekpeitit(m): 5:17am On Jun 01, 2021
What a buffoon.
These Biafra people get brain at all?

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wow New NNPC Mega Station Interchange In Kano / Removal Of Petrol Subsidy Could Be Buhari's Greatest Achievement If He Succeeds / Northeners blasting Tinubu on their Facebook pages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.