Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,000 members, 7,806,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:51 AM

Nigerian Mum Pays N1.58k School Fees She Owed In 1969, Principal Writes Letter - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Mum Pays N1.58k School Fees She Owed In 1969, Principal Writes Letter (51948 Views)

1969 Moon Landing, Fact Or Hoax(Pictures and Video Attached) / Boy Writes Letter To His Teacher Stating Reasons For Not Doing His Homewor / Solomon Yusuf, Kidnapped UNIMAID Lecturer Writes Letter To Wife, Begs Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Mum Pays N1.58k School Fees She Owed In 1969, Principal Writes Letter by mydivinely: 12:49pm On Jun 02, 2021
anyone not owing one debt or the other let him cast the first stone on her? Woman Ur sin be forgiven go and Sin NO MORE, so Jesus would say to her..lov
Re: Nigerian Mum Pays N1.58k School Fees She Owed In 1969, Principal Writes Letter by drololaaof: 12:51pm On Jun 02, 2021
The exchange rate at that time was $1= 64k, £1= 84kobo by the way our currency was pounds and shillings then ,she is an attention seeker . From 1969 to early '70s when the money will be of value to the school she did not pay, what is the moral value here, she should have pay back in thousands of naira now .
Re: Nigerian Mum Pays N1.58k School Fees She Owed In 1969, Principal Writes Letter by Trustedpronet: 12:52pm On Jun 02, 2021
She suppose to 1.5million naira.
Re: Nigerian Mum Pays N1.58k School Fees She Owed In 1969, Principal Writes Letter by romunu(m): 12:59pm On Jun 02, 2021
So she never get that amount since 1975?
Re: Nigerian Mum Pays N1.58k School Fees She Owed In 1969, Principal Writes Letter by SmartyPants(m): 1:04pm On Jun 02, 2021
Lol. She should pay the amount adjusted foe inflation.
Re: Nigerian Mum Pays N1.58k School Fees She Owed In 1969, Principal Writes Letter by IMASTEX: 1:05pm On Jun 02, 2021
MajesticKris:
Me that is about going back to collect my school fees angry
grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Mum Pays N1.58k School Fees She Owed In 1969, Principal Writes Letter by TroubleMaker47(m): 1:05pm On Jun 02, 2021
Deborah98:
That's nice of her...
What is nice?
She is a crook!
If she was indeed honest she would have taken into consideration, inflation, loss of revenue, demurage and intrest! That amount shouldn't be less than 1 million today!
Like i said earlier, that old woman is a crook!!!
Re: Nigerian Mum Pays N1.58k School Fees She Owed In 1969, Principal Writes Letter by FarahAideed: 1:09pm On Jun 02, 2021
I hope she paid it in today's value ....there is nothing to hail here ..she is a criminal

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Mum Pays N1.58k School Fees She Owed In 1969, Principal Writes Letter by Lamasta(m): 1:10pm On Jun 02, 2021
MajesticKris:
Me that is about going back to collect my school fees angry

Chai fear God na grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Mum Pays N1.58k School Fees She Owed In 1969, Principal Writes Letter by jimter44(m): 1:11pm On Jun 02, 2021
Rather, your mum is a very wicked woman. Do you know the value of that money today? She is a cheat. You should be ashamed of bringing this stuff on-line.
Re: Nigerian Mum Pays N1.58k School Fees She Owed In 1969, Principal Writes Letter by juman(m): 1:13pm On Jun 02, 2021
What is the meaning of N1.58k.
I read it so many times.

She paid one naira fifty eight kobo
If so she'd nothing special.
Infact, shame on her.

The naira value has changed.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Mum Pays N1.58k School Fees She Owed In 1969, Principal Writes Letter by ThatFairGuy: 1:20pm On Jun 02, 2021
Very dishonest.

How can you pay same amount?

The amount you buy rice then is what you buy now?

She ought to have valued what the money could buy then equivalent to what it could this time and pay. Also pay the DELAY.

With that we can praise her.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Mum Pays N1.58k School Fees She Owed In 1969, Principal Writes Letter by vikstandon(m): 1:27pm On Jun 02, 2021
Voy:
- A Nigerian mother, Grace Egbinola, paid the school fees she was owing in 1969 which was the sum of N1 and 58 kobo
- Sharing the letter with Legit.ng, her daughter, Toyin Egbinola, said that her mother taught them the value of honesty
- The woman kept the receipt of her debt for decades before she finally paid it off in 2020

A Nigerian woman, Grace Egbinola, has demonstrated a great virtue as she fulfilled a promise she made many decades ago. In a message sent to Legit.ng by Grace's daughter, Toyin Egbinola, it was revealed that the 73-year-old woman finished from St Loius Secondary school on December 9, 1969. Ever since she got the receipt of her debt in 1975, the woman held onto it with the strong vow that she would repay it someday.

On Monday, December 14, 2020, the woman paid the debt which was the sum of N1.58k. The woman’s child said she is proud that her mum never cheated the system.

A good name is better than gold
Though the woman is not rich, the child stated that she taught her children the value of honesty.

A part of Grace's principal's letter to her reads:

You are truly a Saint Louis trained person to be keeping a paper that was issued since 1975 and sent your son up to clear a debt that is as little as N1.58k in the year 2020 gives me hope that there are good people in this country who have not become rotting with greed.”

Toyin also said that her mum would really love it if she could reconnect with some of her old secondary school classmates.

Source: https://www.legit.ng/1417921-nigerian-woman-finally-pays-school-fees-around-n2-she-owned-1969-principal-writes-her-letter-from-kano.html

If She was honest as people here concerned deemed it...She should have paid the true value.
#1.58k of 1969 should be about #500k in Buhari's Administration.

You ripped off the school madam... Go back and do proper restitution!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Mum Pays N1.58k School Fees She Owed In 1969, Principal Writes Letter by Theboy21: 1:30pm On Jun 02, 2021
lexy2014:

She actually cheated d school. She should have d value of that money as it is today.
wait i dont get it, is it 1 thousand or 1 kobo?
Re: Nigerian Mum Pays N1.58k School Fees She Owed In 1969, Principal Writes Letter by Gagare1(m): 1:31pm On Jun 02, 2021
My exact thought. She should pay the current equivalent of that money using a simple interest calculation for the number of years she owed. As far as I am concerned she is still owing that school.
IbnBattuta1960:
What's the value of that debt today?
She really no get shame to come out in the public after she don useless the money for the school.
Re: Nigerian Mum Pays N1.58k School Fees She Owed In 1969, Principal Writes Letter by ghettochild(m): 1:38pm On Jun 02, 2021
Voy:
- A Nigerian mother, Grace Egbinola, paid the school fees she was owing in 1969 which was the sum of N1 and 58 kobo
- Sharing the letter with Legit.ng, her daughter, Toyin Egbinola, said that her mother taught them the value of honesty
- The woman kept the receipt of her debt for decades before she finally paid it off in 2020

A Nigerian woman, Grace Egbinola, has demonstrated a great virtue as she fulfilled a promise she made many decades ago. In a message sent to Legit.ng by Grace's daughter, Toyin Egbinola, it was revealed that the 73-year-old woman finished from St Loius Secondary school on December 9, 1969. Ever since she got the receipt of her debt in 1975, the woman held onto it with the strong vow that she would repay it someday.

On Monday, December 14, 2020, the woman paid the debt which was the sum of N1.58k. The woman’s child said she is proud that her mum never cheated the system.

A good name is better than gold
Though the woman is not rich, the child stated that she taught her children the value of honesty.

A part of Grace's principal's letter to her reads:

You are truly a Saint Louis trained person to be keeping a paper that was issued since 1975 and sent your son up to clear a debt that is as little as N1.58k in the year 2020 gives me hope that there are good people in this country who have not become rotting with greed.”

Toyin also said that her mum would really love it if she could reconnect with some of her old secondary school classmates.

Source: https://www.legit.ng/1417921-nigerian-woman-finally-pays-school-fees-around-n2-she-owned-1969-principal-writes-her-letter-from-kano.html
To be sincere she has to pay over 150k...cos that the value of that 1naira 58kobi now

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Mum Pays N1.58k School Fees She Owed In 1969, Principal Writes Letter by 77up(m): 1:48pm On Jun 02, 2021
Theboy21:
Nice one mummy, unlike our debtors today that keep changing contacts, road when they see you, but will cry like a crocodile while begging cheesy cheesy
What is nice about that? Just imagine someone owning you 500$ worth of Bitcoin in the last 2months and comes back now to pay you back.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Mum Pays N1.58k School Fees She Owed In 1969, Principal Writes Letter by torqque7(m): 1:53pm On Jun 02, 2021
So she could not pay it even when she got married and had kids?na now wey she don old well well she decide to pay one naira fifty eight kobo?wow they will use it to do something reasonable in the school,mtcheeww she just probably felt she was getting closer to her grave and her conscience was disturbing her so she wouldn't go to hell cos of one naira fifty eight kobo na I'm make she pay.. undecided
Re: Nigerian Mum Pays N1.58k School Fees She Owed In 1969, Principal Writes Letter by adedayoa2(f): 2:02pm On Jun 02, 2021
Kriss216:
1.58 Million Naira or 1.58 Million Kobo?

Lol
#1.58kobo, mama is still owing the school fa.
Re: Nigerian Mum Pays N1.58k School Fees She Owed In 1969, Principal Writes Letter by rollandben(m): 2:13pm On Jun 02, 2021
Is like grandma just cash out, so she decided to pay her long time school feels. Where me dey look for way to rob school and take out my result without paying sch a dime... This life no just balance sha. Pay ko Papper ni
Re: Nigerian Mum Pays N1.58k School Fees She Owed In 1969, Principal Writes Letter by IbnBattuta1960: 2:13pm On Jun 02, 2021
Segzy19:
Don't be pained.
I'll be pained if the school belonged to my father.
I'm just pained that those who swallowed the "change" and "next level" disaster hook, line and sinker cannot afford soap to get there myopic brain washed.
Get help fast.
Re: Nigerian Mum Pays N1.58k School Fees She Owed In 1969, Principal Writes Letter by crafteck(m): 2:15pm On Jun 02, 2021
Shes the most dishonest person ever, took advantage of the chronological devaluation of money to pay peanuts, how many yam tubers could the money buy then? She should buy the yams instead. Ole
Re: Nigerian Mum Pays N1.58k School Fees She Owed In 1969, Principal Writes Letter by Segzy19: 2:18pm On Jun 02, 2021
What is this one saying?
IbnBattuta1960:

I'll be pained if the school belonged to my father.
I'm just pained that those who swallowed the "change" and "next level" disaster hook, line and sinker cannot afford soap to get there myopic brain washed.
Get help fast.
Re: Nigerian Mum Pays N1.58k School Fees She Owed In 1969, Principal Writes Letter by Holluwhakemmy(f): 2:51pm On Jun 02, 2021
Grandma, how much did you pay? Hope not exact amount.
Re: Nigerian Mum Pays N1.58k School Fees She Owed In 1969, Principal Writes Letter by coolebux(m): 3:04pm On Jun 02, 2021
If my grandparents were allowed to learn on credit, I sure will pay off every single dime they incurred both the extramural lessons up to uni level sef grin grin
Re: Nigerian Mum Pays N1.58k School Fees She Owed In 1969, Principal Writes Letter by Jamesz12: 3:15pm On Jun 02, 2021
Person scam school una dey celebrate her, na scam she be.
This is bullshit, what is 1.58 Kobo, do we even have 5 Naira nowadays how much more 1k.
This woman need to be scolded until the pays its equivalent in today's value I will assume her to be a scam and a thief
Re: Nigerian Mum Pays N1.58k School Fees She Owed In 1969, Principal Writes Letter by LegalWolf: 4:14pm On Jun 02, 2021
xpressionx:
You mean she didn't have the money since 1975?

except she forgot,the sincerity is questionable.

It’s not even sincerity. She’s a fraudster

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Mum Pays N1.58k School Fees She Owed In 1969, Principal Writes Letter by tifany89(m): 4:24pm On Jun 02, 2021
Theboy21:
Nice one mummy, unlike our debtors today that keep changing contacts, road when they see you, but will cry like a crocodile while begging cheesy cheesy
Lol you are funny o, you are praising her while insulting other debtors . Did it occur to you that from 1969 to 2021 is 52 years ? How can someone owe that amount for that long ? And what is the essence of this payment how, when she isn't paying accumulated interest ? The money is as good as useless
Re: Nigerian Mum Pays N1.58k School Fees She Owed In 1969, Principal Writes Letter by Gfskw: 5:49pm On Jun 02, 2021
Really
Re: Nigerian Mum Pays N1.58k School Fees She Owed In 1969, Principal Writes Letter by hakeemhakeem(m): 5:56pm On Jun 02, 2021
She should pay the current price which the present class are paying

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Picture Of Professor Cyril Ndifon (UNICAL) By Stella Dimokokorkus / University Of Abuja Suspends The 24 Students Arrested During Cult Initiation / The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2011/2012 Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.