Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,515 members, 7,808,878 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

Herdsmen Kill 50 People In Ebonyi Communities - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Herdsmen Kill 50 People In Ebonyi Communities (35102 Views)

Vigilantes Kill 50 Bandits In Self-Defence In Niger State / Buhari: Those Who Attacked Ebonyi Communities And Soludo Won’t Be Spared / Herdsmen Attack In Ebonyi Communities: Our Women Are Still Missing - Survivor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Herdsmen Kill 50 People In Ebonyi Communities by Islie: 11:26am On Jun 01, 2021
Death Toll Of Ebonyi Herdsmen Attack Hits 50

The death toll in herdsmen attack on three communities of Ebonyi-Benue borders at the weekend has risen to over 50.

The Nation had reported herdsmen on Saturday morning invaded Odoke Ishieke, Obakota Ishieke and Ndiobasi Ishieke communities in Ebonyi local government and killed over 30 persons.

It was further gathered some of those killed include pregnant women and nursing mothers.

The communities share common boundaries with Ardo local government, Benue state.

Since the attack, security agents have been recovering dead bodies from bushes in the affected areas.

A resident of one of the area, who simply gave his name as Nwegede, told our correspondent that 31 bodies were recovered in Ndiobasi Ishieke, 6 in Odoke Ishieke and 15 bodies in Obakota Ishieke.

Many victims of the attack are still receiving treatment at Federal University Teaching Hospital Abakaliki 2(FETHA2) and a health centre close to the scene of the incidents run by AMURT.

Commissioner for Capital City Development, Onyekachi Nwebonyi, who hails from the area, said over 30 bodies have been evacuated from bushes around the affected communities.

He said: “it is a very unfortunate situation. We got a very sad news yesterday morning that armed herdsmen invaded Izzi land particularly in a place called Ndiobashi and killed so many of our people.

“We quickly alerted the security agencies to come to their aid but unfortunately, the Benue state government who claimed ownership of the area could not respond positively.

“But we commend the Governor of Ebonyi state who upon hearing the incident, swung into action even though the land is in dispute and sent the security agencies to repel the attacks.

As I speak to you, over 30 bodies have been evacuated and as I talk, the soldiers are still evacuating more dead bodies in the bush.

“ I visited there yesterday and the victims narrated their ordeals but of a truth, the area is in disarray.

“People are in panic but we have been able to encourage them to complement the efforts of the security agencies to beef up security in the area so that the ugly incident doesn’t reoccur.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/death-toll-of-ebonyi-herdsmen-attack-hits-50/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Kill 50 People In Ebonyi Communities by Pmpm: 11:31am On Jun 01, 2021
Again

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Kill 50 People In Ebonyi Communities by Jashub: 11:32am On Jun 01, 2021
I find this hard to believe. How do they know it's herdsmen? Didn't the Southern governors ban open grazing in the Southern part of Nigeria?

32 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Kill 50 People In Ebonyi Communities by Built2last: 11:33am On Jun 01, 2021
Despite how loyal David Umahi is loyal to Fulani vampires, see how they are ravaging his state. What a way to reward loyalty.

His people are dieing he is still dancing Alanta with Abuja. His eyes will soon clear. Abuja will reward him soon with declaring state of emergency in his state.

Abuja has concluded plans to declare state of emergency in Ebonyi and Imo.

Where is the bloody ebube toothless Agu Umahi championed.

174 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Kill 50 People In Ebonyi Communities by BKayy: 11:36am On Jun 01, 2021
When MNK speak to the herdsmen in their language some cowards will be shitting their pants and rant on Nairaland

225 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Kill 50 People In Ebonyi Communities by Ruggedniggaone: 11:37am On Jun 01, 2021
The useless ipob/esn that suppose to be facing heardmen in the busy are busy fighting securities in town

30 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Kill 50 People In Ebonyi Communities by Elock1: 11:37am On Jun 01, 2021
angry
As I dy now, I no dy even know when to believe naija news again expecially for this nairaland. worst of all no pictures or proof.

Let's just wait and see if them no go debunk am shebi na wetin dy reign now for Naija.

11 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Kill 50 People In Ebonyi Communities by YouthAriseNga: 11:37am On Jun 01, 2021
Are you tired of everything going on in this country, want to see a positive change of power come next elections? join this train now and together let's all fight for our future, we are the next generation, we will make a better future for ourselves. Nigerian Youths Arise Now.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Kill 50 People In Ebonyi Communities by paulolee(m): 11:37am On Jun 01, 2021
everyday its news of killings, if its not in Benue, its imo state or niger n now its benue state..
what is really happening in this country because GEJ time wasn't this bad and people flooded the streets to protest calling him an ineffectual idiot and other degrading names..
APC Is on borad n nobody is talking maybe because it isnt affecting them or it isn't thier state..
death news by herdsmen, unknown gunmen, bandits are increasing each day n now looking like a norm to us but still our commander in chief is still silent n even common press release we no hear.....how did we get here??

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Kill 50 People In Ebonyi Communities by evanstinobbc: 11:37am On Jun 01, 2021
Nigeria is doomed, its just a pity what is happening , more people die in Nigeria than any other country now, the funny thing is that people dont longer take death of people serious , we have lost it in this country. 50 people just like that and nothing will happen, allow me to publicly announce to you that Nigeria is a failed state, i dont see any positive change in the near future.

All hope is lost, to your tent all isreal (nigerians)
embarassed

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Kill 50 People In Ebonyi Communities by baddosky1: 11:37am On Jun 01, 2021
All thanks to the useless Umahi

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Kill 50 People In Ebonyi Communities by Nobody: 11:37am On Jun 01, 2021
Wahala no too much like this?
Re: Herdsmen Kill 50 People In Ebonyi Communities by fourboys: 11:37am On Jun 01, 2021
God, bless ur boy cos imma tired of bad news embarassed embarassed wanna run outa this bad news of a country and never return

3 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Kill 50 People In Ebonyi Communities by Curious345: 11:37am On Jun 01, 2021
This is the map of ebonyi state.

As you can see , most of the communities facing genocide and cleansing from the Terrorists Fulani are the ones bordering Benue state.

22 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Kill 50 People In Ebonyi Communities by Coldie(m): 11:38am On Jun 01, 2021
They said don't support Nnamdi Kanu, but same government that doesn't want them to follow him don't want to protect the people.

70 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Kill 50 People In Ebonyi Communities by Curious345: 11:38am On Jun 01, 2021
Hod. This is where Mazi Kanu erred..

Instead of fighting the marauding Fulani TERRORISTs, he created the UGM and told them to kill security personnel.

This is an own goal

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Kill 50 People In Ebonyi Communities by Curious345: 11:38am On Jun 01, 2021
Serious
Very pathetic indeed .. this remains the highest massacres in Biafra land after the civil war.

Right under the nose of ipob ESN Kanu and his braggadocious rants.

Only if the ESN stayed true to their first command , this rubbish wouldn't have happened.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Kill 50 People In Ebonyi Communities by Koryc: 11:38am On Jun 01, 2021
This is terrible
Re: Herdsmen Kill 50 People In Ebonyi Communities by Dailymice: 11:38am On Jun 01, 2021
wink
Re: Herdsmen Kill 50 People In Ebonyi Communities by dynicks(m): 11:38am On Jun 01, 2021
Make I no just talk wetin dey my mind for where umahi dey!!

7 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Kill 50 People In Ebonyi Communities by stano2(m): 11:38am On Jun 01, 2021
Umahi should continue joking

5 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Kill 50 People In Ebonyi Communities by BoboNkiti19: 11:38am On Jun 01, 2021
Islie:
Death Toll Of Ebonyi Herdsmen Attack Hits 50

https://thenationonlineng.net/death-toll-of-ebonyi-herdsmen-attack-hits-50/
Point of correction the attack took place within communities in Benue state not Ebonyi, even though most of them are Igbos that were wickedly carved out to Benue state.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Kill 50 People In Ebonyi Communities by pennyseo: 11:38am On Jun 01, 2021
angry
This Government will not deploy soldiers to affected communities but if its IPOB they will show military strength.
There is an agenda they want to achieve

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Herdsmen Kill 50 People In Ebonyi Communities by RMoneyInTheBank: 11:38am On Jun 01, 2021
Despite Umahi's loyalty to APC..... Hahahahahahahaha

5 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Kill 50 People In Ebonyi Communities by Kingpele(m): 11:39am On Jun 01, 2021
Chai,i held it was communal clashes now u said fulani herdsmen ,however irrespective of who did it ,it is wickedness to kill someone for whatsoever reason ,cos no one can create another human being,the right to kill isolely belongs to God ,that why even suicide is murder against oneself ,praying for forgiveness before committing suicide is invalid ,u don't pray for mercy before committing a crime ..thy shall not kill

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Kill 50 People In Ebonyi Communities by atobs4real(m): 11:39am On Jun 01, 2021
End time government, what's up again?
Re: Herdsmen Kill 50 People In Ebonyi Communities by Cherub001(m): 11:39am On Jun 01, 2021
The death toll continues,people still crying to the government (E-warriors). Me I just see this period as judgement day for every nation. Some, Na corona fire them to repentance(India and their likes),some Na air strikes,go awaken their senses (Palestine one side). Some Na hunger strike and other natural disasters. Nigeria own;
Na them go just fight kill themselves, bad people comot for road, make good people live.
Me just watching as this Noah's cleansing wan take end,while the Remnants are been Preserved, Amen and Amen.
Re: Herdsmen Kill 50 People In Ebonyi Communities by Jeromejnr(m): 11:39am On Jun 01, 2021
Elock1:
angry
As I dy now, I no dy even know when to believe naija news again expecially for this nairaland worst of all no pictures or proof.

Let's just wait and see if them no go debunk am shebi na wetin dy reign now for Naija.

Media and bloggers are the enemies of the country.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nollywood Actor: I Will Improve The Industry - Peter Obi Replies El-Rufai / Senate Rejects Motion To Release Nnamdi Kanu / Adams Jagaba Defects To PDP, Dumps APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.