Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:14 PM

Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) (46563 Views)

Femi Osibona: Face Behind Collapsed 21-storey Building In Ikoyi / Akwa Ibom Begins Construction Of 18-Storey Smart Building / Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) by naija1stnigar(m): 5:21pm On Jun 01, 2021
nzeobi:
Was it not this same akwa ibom that built a stadium that doesn't generate money instead of building a refinery even if its small refinery.

In Nigeria we celebrate building infastructures for a very poor population
refinery and stadium I hope you are not truly high on codeine

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) by poiZon: 5:21pm On Jun 01, 2021
lexy2014:

Education and health that u mentioned are aspects of public service which is d primary responsibility of govt. Providing a stadium of d size and cost as d akwa ibom stadium isn't a public service
Recreational facilities is also part of public service..
There is a saying all work and no play makes jack a dull boy..
That stadium if properly anaged and utilised can ever impact more on the state and citizens than the universities and hospitals...
It can reduce the finance govt spends on subsidizing healthcare, it can also consolidate and strengthen the tourism sector thereby increasing its igr.
Thay stadium is a neccessary evil that is needed to balance socio economic growth in the state

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) by Ilaumoh(m): 5:22pm On Jun 01, 2021
samuelson06:

At least he started it. Afterall the money Udom is using to complete the hotel isn't from his pocket. So stop this dirty political divisive talks. I'm happy that God has blessed Akwa Ibom w/ good leaders. Let's just encourage them to keep doing well.
Hmmm..
Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) by Arda1000(m): 5:27pm On Jun 01, 2021
BigBrother54321:

I’m unbothered if Akwa Ibom is just behind Enugu on the map or inside Umuahia. The ibos don't have exclusive right or ownership of all the areas to the east of Nigeria. Just like neither the Fulanis nor Hausas can say they own the people or all the land to the North.

Just as you refer to the Fulani and Hausa as northerners but their ethnic stock are still much different. There’s still the ebira, tivs etc in the North, all are northerners by region but different ethnic stock. The term East or Easterner is not an exclusively term for ibos. It refers to an area in Nigeria.

am aware of that even in Igbo land they is so much diversity even in my local government we don't even speak the same thing,I have never seen where Igbo said they have exclusive right over other people's land,I have never seen or heard Igbo as an Ethnic nationality fighting any other Ethnicity even in the Biafran war it was between East(Igbo,Ibibio,Ijaw,Ogoja,Efik etc) and the rest of Nigeria,the only people making it look like Igbo are lording over others in East are not even from East,personally I will take any Easterner as brother over other groups in Nigeria,I feel more at home in Calabar than Lagos,any day the Easterners wake up is the day Nigeria end,everything Nigeria is,is here in East and personally I believe if the East shoud be a country it will be one of a kind if not the best in Africa

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) by poiZon: 5:28pm On Jun 01, 2021
Penguin2:

True!

But the disadvantage is that if he was to toe that line, there would be no money left for investment.

One of the problems of Nigerians is that most of us lack foresight. Most of us can’t see beyond today and that’s why poverty abounds.

You tell someone to deny himself some gratification he’s giving himself today and invest in something that could change his life in 10 years and he wouldn’t wanna listen to you.

Pathetic
Apart from that, the allocation akpabio recieved then can't be comparable to what udom is getting. Meanwhile udom is paying the same if not more workforce he inherited from akpabio, now there r 2 state teams in the npfl...
The indices and parameters favour akpabio more than udom. From exchange rate, cement and minimum wage.. Inflation and what have u..
He even inherited backlog of wages, arrears,gratuities and pensions with no single money left in the treasury.
So people are so myopic and they will be quick to say akwaibom collects the highest allocation in the country.
How much is this highest compare to what akpabio recieved?
Its well with my state

4 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) by poiZon: 5:30pm On Jun 01, 2021
Ilaumoh:

Guy relax na cheesy
Oh.. Make i off mic..
But na u dey with the mic na..
Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) by Johnadelaide00: 5:31pm On Jun 01, 2021
Lol.. many pple forget that SS was created as a geopolitical zone. If Lagos is Southwest then Akaibom is Southeast
Arda1000:
I wanted to ignore you but I have time,now can you bring a map and show us anywhere that has a cardinal point South South?
Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) by Ilaumoh(m): 5:31pm On Jun 01, 2021
naija1stnigar:
refinery and stadium I hope you are not truly high on codeine
grin
Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) by Fantazy(m): 5:33pm On Jun 01, 2021
My beloved land of origin!

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) by Ilaumoh(m): 5:36pm On Jun 01, 2021
poiZon:

Oh.. Make i off mic..
But na u dey with the mic na..
grin
Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) by ggood: 5:36pm On Jun 01, 2021
Arda1000:
I wanted to believe that but you said no Akwaibom support Biafra(which is false) and you also said no Akwaibom wants to do anything with Igbo( which is even worse and more false than anything I have heard in my life),my two (former)boss are Ibibios they are twins so naturally they argue alot but you see when it comes to Biafra and Nnamdi they really get along,even when I was with them I hate Nnamdi Kanu and told it to their face,it was from them I learnt Ibibio are very much like Igbo in many things like culture, name giving and even songs,if you are Akwaibom and you hate Igbo you hate yourself lol
no sane Akwa ibomite will ever want a country with only Igbos being the majority, we can never forget what the Igbos did in Old Eastern region

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) by ggood: 5:38pm On Jun 01, 2021
emapeteum:

Akwa ibom and cross river were formally known as southeastern state.infact,the state is actually a southeastern state pls. Check your fact before disagreeing with others
they were in old Eastern region not southeastern state
Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) by Arda1000(m): 5:38pm On Jun 01, 2021
Johnadelaide00:
Lol.. many pple forget that SS was created as a geopolitical zone. If Lagos is Southwest then Akaibom is Southeast
lol if you bring the map of Nigeria and Cameroon,add the region of Ibibio of southern Cameroon and join with the Ibibio of Eastern Nigeria,Akwaibom would be more South East than Ebonyi grin
Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) by Arda1000(m): 5:43pm On Jun 01, 2021
ggood:
no sane Akwa ibomite will ever want a country with only Igbos being the majority, we can never forget what the Igbos did in Old Eastern region
the bolded is a divide and rule strategy which are used by non Easterners to put Easterners against each other,now can you start listing what Igbo did in Old Eastern region, if u don't list it now it simply means u are masquerading as an Easterner to divide us,so please start listing what Igbo did to minorities in old Eastern region am waiting

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) by Uteghe(m): 5:47pm On Jun 01, 2021
How does it add value to Akwa Ibom people. Silly elitist opulence.
Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) by candygist: 5:49pm On Jun 01, 2021
I give that building 6 years, it will be abandoned.
Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) by MrSamsung(m): 5:50pm On Jun 01, 2021
DenreleDave:

Ilaumoh, Pls ignore the UGM nzeobi... He shud face this state that is at war

Now you this boy you are bringing in divide and rule tactic here. You even tagged Nzeobi ugm. How pathetic of you.

What Nzeobi is saying is the truth but it is just that he is TOO BLUNT.

Some of you guys eh
Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) by Ilaumoh(m): 5:52pm On Jun 01, 2021
candygist:
I give that building 6 years, it will be abandoned.
Building that will be occupied September..
You really need brains bro
Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) by DenreleDave(m): 5:54pm On Jun 01, 2021
MrSamsung:

Now you this boy you are bringing in divide and rule tactic here. You even tagged Nzeobi ugm. How pathetic of you.

Some of you guys eh
yes he shud be concerned abt his state in chaos rather than arguing on a storey building in uyo
Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) by MrSamsung(m): 5:55pm On Jun 01, 2021
ggood:
hahahhh Philip Effiong my foot , go and ask what Ojukwu and Biafra did to him and his family and the entire Akwa ibomite , no Akwa Ibomite will ever accept Biafra ,. I hope you remember how Igbos marginalized the minorities in the old Eastern region, affliction can never happen the second time, Biafra is for Igbo alone

Don't say what you don't know because I know what my grandma passed through in the hands of NIGERIAN SOLDIERS and other Akwa Ibomites suffered same fate.
Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) by olatuns2017: 6:01pm On Jun 01, 2021
Ilaumoh:
I and some friends visited the tallest smart building in Eastern Nigeria completed and ready for commissioning .
This is not the Central Park tower in New York, neither is it the famous Duomo building in Milan, nor the Cathédrale Notre-Dame in Paris.

This is the 21 Storey smart building in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State, built by Governor Udom Emmanuel. The building is the 9th tallest building in Nigeria, it towers as high as 108.8
meters.

Akwa Ibom State is beautiful ��

All hail Niaja Delta

Igbos keep burning

Very soon we will help u reshape alaba
Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) by ggood: 6:03pm On Jun 01, 2021
Arda1000:
the bolded is a divide and rule strategy which are used by non Easterners to put Easterners against each other,now can you start listing what Igbo did in Old Eastern region, if u don't list it now it simply means u are masquerading as an Easterner to divide us,so please start listing what Igbo did to minorities in old Eastern region am waiting
am from Akwa ibom , we can never form a country with only the Igbos , get your fact right, no Akwa bom will ever want Biafra ,because Biafra is igbo thing.

THE IGBOS MARGINALIZED US AND OTHER MINORITIES IN THE OLD EASTERN REGION , THE IGBOS TOOK ALMOST ALL THE FEDERAL POST AND THE BROUGHT SMALL TO THE TABLE WHILE MINORITIES HAVE ALMOST ALL THE RESOURCES, AND THAT WAS WHY WE WERE CLAMOURING FOR OUR OWN REGION, THE MINORITIES WANTED THIER OWN REGION BECAUSE OF IGBOS DOMINATION AND MARGINALIZATION .

IGBOS KICK AGAINST OUR NEW REGION AND SABOTAGE IT BUT THEY SUPPORT MIDWEST TO BE CARVE OUT OF THE SOUTH WEST.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) by MrSamsung(m): 6:04pm On Jun 01, 2021
DenreleDave:
yes he shud be concerned abt his state in chaos rather than arguing on a storey building in uyo

As if through out your span here on earth or this nairaland you have not concerned yourself with the happenings in other states.

Besides the op that brought this topic here did he want only Akwa Ibom people to be the ones talking and concerning themselves with this thread.

Sometimes you guys don't know how myopic you sound.
Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) by ggood: 6:06pm On Jun 01, 2021
MrSamsung:

Don't say what you don't know because I know what my grandma passed through in the hands of NIGERIAN SOLDIERS and other Akwa Ibomites.
what do they past through
Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) by MrSamsung(m): 6:11pm On Jun 01, 2021
ggood:
what do they past through

Have you read about what Nigerian soldiers did in Asaba, known as Asaba massacre? That’s exactly what they passed through.

Since you said you are from Akwa Ibom, if you are more interested in the story then let's us use our language. And also you must share your own especially with regards to what you said Igbos did to us.
Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) by kennyholms2: 6:14pm On Jun 01, 2021
What's the celebration of the building all about, just one tower in akwa ibom with plenty of revenue you guys are celebrating.
Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) by ifiokjohn(m): 6:15pm On Jun 01, 2021
nzeobi:
Was it not this same akwa ibom that built a stadium that doesn't generate money instead of building a refinery even if its small refinery.

In Nigeria we celebrate building infastructures for a very poor population
If them no build you go say them no build. If you see something like this in others country you will castigate even Akwa ibom saying what are we doing with our oil money. You are against the stadium but if you see stadiums in SA or others parts of the world..you will castigate and say what are we useing our money for..why don't we have a good world class stadium to host the super eagles.

By the way Akwa ibom has a petrochemical plant it just commission few days back.
BUA is also building one in Akwa ibom..so bro calm down.

Akwa ibom needs more infrastructures...if I'm the governor I'll make it operation build more skyscrapers around that axis...say maybe 12 will be ok..it will change the skyline of Akwa ibom and bring investors into the state.

I see skyscrapers in New York etc and I'm marveled. I want same for my state abeg.
By the way. Our infrastructures is getting there..though it isn't there yet but we are getting there..thank you

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) by Arda1000(m): 6:16pm On Jun 01, 2021
ggood:
am from Akwa ibom , we can never form a country with only the Igbos , get your fact right, no Akwa bom will ever want Biafra ,because Biafra is igbo thing.

THE IGBOS MARGINALIZED US AND OTHER MINORITIES IN THE OLD EASTERN REGION , THE IGBOS TOOK ALMOST ALL THE FEDERAL POST AND THE BROUGHT SMALL TO THE TABLE WHILE MINORITIES HAVE ALMOST ALL THE RESOURCES, AND THAT WAS WHY WE WERE CLAMOURING FOR OUR OWN REGION, THE MINORITIES WANTED THIER OWN REGION BECAUSE OF IGBOS DOMINATION AND MARGINALIZATION .

IGBOS KICK AGAINST OUR NEW REGION AND SABOTAGE IT BUT THEY SUPPORT MIDWEST TO BE CARVE OUT OF THE SOUTH WEST.
nah still sounding like an Afonja he goat,sometimes in 2018 I took interest about some of the things like this,particularly where am from I was told Biafran soldiers murdered our people by my grandad,after a lot of research it turned out it was all false,about Igbo dominating federal jobs in other region that is true partially because Igbo study hard to earn that position, the colonialists don't give an unqualified candidate work simply because his an indigene,back then Igbo excel in those kind of jobs required by the colonialists, um am done talking to you and will advice you to make research and make digging when it comes to matters concerning Easterners, the reason we are suffering as Easterners is because people listen to cooked up lies like this.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) by nzeobi(m): 6:18pm On Jun 01, 2021
MrSamsung:

Some of you guys eh

My brother don't mind them, to them every body must agree with them
Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) by Kennitrust(m): 6:20pm On Jun 01, 2021
Ilaumoh:

Were did the write celebration.. you need to borrow sense Atleast from aboki
do we need to commission something that should be seen everywhere?

You follow me come reach page 5,
You no get work
Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) by Ryan14(m): 6:23pm On Jun 01, 2021
Penguin2:
Akwa Ibom people don’t know what they have in Udom.

When the things he’s building today starts to yield in 10 to 20 years time, then they will appreciate him.

I tell you, Bro.

Coconut oil refinery
Coconut plantation
Syringe Factory
Meter manufacturing factory
Flour mills
21 Storey Smart building
And many more.....

He's done well for his people.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom To Commission 21-Storey Smart Building In Uyo (Photos) by Ilaumoh(m): 6:25pm On Jun 01, 2021
Ryan14:

I tell you, Bro.

Coconut oil refinery
Coconut plantation
Syringe Factory
Meter manufacturing factory
Flour mills
21 Storey Smart building
And many more.....

He's done well for his people.
You've forgotten 4 petrochemical companies coming up,
Ibom deep seaport ,
Aviation school at the airport etc

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

A Storey Building Collapses In Badagry, Lagos, Rescue Operation Ongoing (Pics) / The Act That Inspires Me In My New Street In Calabar (photos) / Nigeria’s First Storey Building Records 13,609 Visitors In 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.