Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,033 members, 7,807,065 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:09 AM

Obaseki: Oshiomhole Says Conflict Unfortunate, Ize-Iyamu Pleads For 14 Lawmakers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki: Oshiomhole Says Conflict Unfortunate, Ize-Iyamu Pleads For 14 Lawmakers (23227 Views)

Atiku's Aide Fires Back At Oshiomhole, Says Atiku Will Retire Buhari To Daura / Imo APC Crisis: Okorocha’s Son In-law Tackles Oshiomhole, Says ''you’re Not God' / APC Will Never Field Politicians Like Saraki, Dogara Again - Oshiomhole Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obaseki: Oshiomhole Says Conflict Unfortunate, Ize-Iyamu Pleads For 14 Lawmakers by Le124(m): 3:43pm On Jun 01, 2021
IMMEDIATE past National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, Adams Oshiomhole, and the APC candidate in the September 19, 2020, Edo State Governorship election, Osagie Ize-Iyamu, have appealed to Governor Godwin Obaseki, to be magnanimous in victory.

They appealed to Obaseki to consider a political solution to the case involving members-elect of the State Assembly who failed to present themselves for inauguration.

In his letter to Obaseki, which was made public by Oshiomhole’s media aide, Victor Oshioke, in Benin, on Monday, the former APC national chairman urged the governor to put the past behind.The letter read in part: “Congratulations on your victory at the Supreme Court which has effectively laid to rest all matters arising from the last election.

“As I had repeatedly reminded you during our several meetings, our relationship has through the years developed beyond being friends to being brothers of different parents.

“Whatever happened is unfortunate and I believe God has a reason for everything. I have put all behind me and moved on. As I have consistently advised, please be magnanimous in victory. You are the Governor of all Edo people, regardless of political leanings.

“Once again, congratulations Excellency! Please accept the renewed assurances of my very best wishes and high regards.”On his part, Ize-Iyamu, who dwelt on the issue of the 14 lawmakers-elect and some Local Government Council Chairmen in a separate letter, said, “Though the matter is in court, you are in a vantage position to consider an out-of-court settlement of the issue, in the overall interest of our state.”

He equally wrote, “I also urge the Governor to intervene in the issue of elected Local Government Chairmen, Vice-chairmen, Councilors and Supervisory Councillors, who sometimes ago were suspended and removed from office.Our appeal is that you consider paying them their entitlements since it is now late for them to return to their offices. This can also be through an out of court settlement”.

“Last Friday’s judgement of the Supreme Court puts an end to the series of litigations we had over last year’s governorship elections.

“We are happy that all these cases have come to an end. Now that it is all over, please accept my congratulations.”

However, the Edo State chapter of the PDP, which spoke through its Publicity Secretary, Chris Nehikhare said, “Now that it is clear that the APC boobytraps of unwarranted, unnecessary, mindless and malicious court cases have collapsed, we have entered the season of congratulatory messages.Edo PDP thanks all Nigerians, especially Edo people, who have congratulated us and of course His Excellency, Governor Godwin Obaseki, on the resounding victory he recorded at the Supreme Court on Friday, May 28, 2021.”
https://punchng.com/obaseki-oshiomhole-says-conflict-unfortunate-ize-iyamu-pleads-for-14-lawmakers/

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki: Oshiomhole Says Conflict Unfortunate, Ize-Iyamu Pleads For 14 Lawmakers by johnmartus(m): 3:53pm On Jun 01, 2021
Ah eh power is really crazy mr man forget those lawmakers they should be looking forward to another election this ugly governor will not take your letter serious he will just drop it to bin.

You can't take me to court and still expecting to be your friend.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki: Oshiomhole Says Conflict Unfortunate, Ize-Iyamu Pleads For 14 Lawmakers by ogbuefi677(m): 3:56pm On Jun 01, 2021
But your party and its leader sheikh osama BinHari has been punishing himself(not the South east) for years now for not voting him,and none of you could caution him?
Obaseki should send both of you to jail joor

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki: Oshiomhole Says Conflict Unfortunate, Ize-Iyamu Pleads For 14 Lawmakers by tutudesz: 4:08pm On Jun 01, 2021
grin Obaseki should forgive Oshopikin and remember the good old days of eating corn together grin

63 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obaseki: Oshiomhole Says Conflict Unfortunate, Ize-Iyamu Pleads For 14 Lawmakers by slawormiir: 4:08pm On Jun 01, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Hahaha....
Atlast Oshiomhole don dey beg

I told you all
Obaseki is a real niggarrrr

And ambode is a pussy ass niggarr

But wetin still dey baffle me....na how come almost all our governors dey ugly.... and the truth be say Edo boys are soft and fine.....but where we for come dey see all these ugly governors

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obaseki: Oshiomhole Says Conflict Unfortunate, Ize-Iyamu Pleads For 14 Lawmakers by Badonasty(m): 4:08pm On Jun 01, 2021
Ok
Re: Obaseki: Oshiomhole Says Conflict Unfortunate, Ize-Iyamu Pleads For 14 Lawmakers by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jun 01, 2021
H
Re: Obaseki: Oshiomhole Says Conflict Unfortunate, Ize-Iyamu Pleads For 14 Lawmakers by jospepper(m): 4:08pm On Jun 01, 2021
Being in Obaseki s shoes, I will not agree pata pata. What if they succeeded in unseating him?

Would they have been magnanimous in victory?

Nigerian politicians are like deadly snakes, pity them not.

Oya collect this one you two.

37 Likes

Re: Obaseki: Oshiomhole Says Conflict Unfortunate, Ize-Iyamu Pleads For 14 Lawmakers by IME1: 4:09pm On Jun 01, 2021

Strange men and strange party

Before this man's election those same 14 lawmakers were sitting in one of his properties as a parallel legislative body to those who had resumed since 2019.

Even the so called house of assembly is non existent, has no location, passes no bills, nor holds any public hearing

My dear which ever state you are just thank God, the other states you think are sane are all failed don't be moved by the glossy photo ops, edited pictures, doctored videos and media hype.

There's no functional state, I'm sorry to say. Ive been to over 23 Nigerian states. Edo is not my state of origin nor is Lagos, Kaduna, Ebonyi or Rivers or all the others which have been in the news for one reason or the other.

It's sad that we don't have a reference state. What would it take?
Reference in terms of prompt salary payment, security, healthy environment, peace, moral sanity, functional health and educational institutions, good roads, public water, street lights, regular lightsas a result of good electrical installations, market with regulated prices, restful and not restive youths, religious harmony, limited party agitation and modern like 22nd century infrastructural development... may be these are too much for them, for a WHOLE 8 years undecided

11 Likes

Re: Obaseki: Oshiomhole Says Conflict Unfortunate, Ize-Iyamu Pleads For 14 Lawmakers by saxietohgbaskie(m): 4:09pm On Jun 01, 2021
shocked
Re: Obaseki: Oshiomhole Says Conflict Unfortunate, Ize-Iyamu Pleads For 14 Lawmakers by moralteacher: 4:09pm On Jun 01, 2021
Ok

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: Oshiomhole Says Conflict Unfortunate, Ize-Iyamu Pleads For 14 Lawmakers by Iruobean(m): 4:09pm On Jun 01, 2021
Re: Obaseki: Oshiomhole Says Conflict Unfortunate, Ize-Iyamu Pleads For 14 Lawmakers by GboyegaD(m): 4:09pm On Jun 01, 2021
Hmm... All these shameless act sef.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: Oshiomhole Says Conflict Unfortunate, Ize-Iyamu Pleads For 14 Lawmakers by ValCon888: 4:09pm On Jun 01, 2021
I laugh in Chinese.
If they had won in court they wouldn't be begging. Now they've lost, they are on their knees. Oshiomole has been humbled. From APC national chairman to an ordinary almajiri beggar.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki: Oshiomhole Says Conflict Unfortunate, Ize-Iyamu Pleads For 14 Lawmakers by Stormtrooper11(m): 4:09pm On Jun 01, 2021
ogbuefi677:
But your party and its leader sheikh osama BinHari has been punishing himself(not the South east) for years now for not voting him,and none of you could caution him?
Obaseki should send both of you to jail joor
Osama binhari grin

7 Likes

Re: Obaseki: Oshiomhole Says Conflict Unfortunate, Ize-Iyamu Pleads For 14 Lawmakers by Egalitarian1: 4:09pm On Jun 01, 2021
“Now that it is clear that the APC boobytraps of unwarranted, unnecessary, mindless and malicious court cases have collapsed, we have entered the season of congratulatory messages".

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha
My belle ok!
Baba God na beg I dey beg you, bring my enemies down under my feet and make them beg for scrabs falling off my dinning table when they behold my divine victory just as seen in this case,Amen!

14 Likes

Re: Obaseki: Oshiomhole Says Conflict Unfortunate, Ize-Iyamu Pleads For 14 Lawmakers by Antijihad: 4:10pm On Jun 01, 2021
Ok
Re: Obaseki: Oshiomhole Says Conflict Unfortunate, Ize-Iyamu Pleads For 14 Lawmakers by Bigii(m): 4:11pm On Jun 01, 2021
Re: Obaseki: Oshiomhole Says Conflict Unfortunate, Ize-Iyamu Pleads For 14 Lawmakers by sorom4: 4:11pm On Jun 01, 2021
Booby trap. Those lawmakers if accepted will cause mayhem in the State Assembly for Obaseki. They may even push for impeachment after gaining ground.

Obaseki...use your sense

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki: Oshiomhole Says Conflict Unfortunate, Ize-Iyamu Pleads For 14 Lawmakers by Zico5(m): 4:12pm On Jun 01, 2021
It's unfortunate the situation Oshiomhole find himself. We humans forget there is always tomorrow. That's why we must thread life softly. Nobody is indispensable, we will always be useful to each other and that's why we must think about tomorrow. Obaseki should play maturity and do the needful. There is always tomorrow.

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki: Oshiomhole Says Conflict Unfortunate, Ize-Iyamu Pleads For 14 Lawmakers by BrainSanitizer: 4:13pm On Jun 01, 2021
You don't mean it!
This Oshiomhole is more shameless than I thought.
What sort of nonsense is this for Pete's sake!
Iyilala kee you there!

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki: Oshiomhole Says Conflict Unfortunate, Ize-Iyamu Pleads For 14 Lawmakers by cassysmallz(m): 4:14pm On Jun 01, 2021
Oshiomole should be taught a very big lesson. Obaseki should never forgive him.

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki: Oshiomhole Says Conflict Unfortunate, Ize-Iyamu Pleads For 14 Lawmakers by Stephenndidi85: 4:15pm On Jun 01, 2021
Na so life be?
Re: Obaseki: Oshiomhole Says Conflict Unfortunate, Ize-Iyamu Pleads For 14 Lawmakers by wink2015(m): 4:19pm On Jun 01, 2021
johnmartus:
Ah eh power is really crazy mr man forget those lawmakers they should be looking forward to another election this ugly governor will not take your letter serious he will just drop it to bin.

You can't take me to court and still expecting to be your friend.

NOT ONLY TAKE OBASEKI TO COURT.

They took Edo state down during their months of madness.

They disrespected the Oba of Benin and other notable traditional rulers who called for peace.

If Ex-governor Oshiomole had succeeded he was even nursing an ambition to divide the Bini Kingdom they way governor Ganduje did in Kano state and dethrone the Oba of Benin.

The public should not take their CROCODILES TEARS serious.

THESE EVIL MEN OF EDO STATE DESERVE TO SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES OF THEIR MISDEED.

10 Likes

Re: Obaseki: Oshiomhole Says Conflict Unfortunate, Ize-Iyamu Pleads For 14 Lawmakers by IME1: 4:20pm On Jun 01, 2021
tutudesz:
grin Obaseki should forgive Oshopikin and remember the good old days of eating corn together grin

grin grin grin and also being his best man

Corn season don start sef

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki: Oshiomhole Says Conflict Unfortunate, Ize-Iyamu Pleads For 14 Lawmakers by alphaconde(m): 4:22pm On Jun 01, 2021
THERES NO ROOM FOR GODFATHERISM.
Re: Obaseki: Oshiomhole Says Conflict Unfortunate, Ize-Iyamu Pleads For 14 Lawmakers by ThatFairGuy: 4:23pm On Jun 01, 2021
Why pleading with emperor.

They should wait till 2023 and make sure they have enough lawmakers to finally remove and disgrace him
Re: Obaseki: Oshiomhole Says Conflict Unfortunate, Ize-Iyamu Pleads For 14 Lawmakers by ICTWeb: 4:23pm On Jun 01, 2021
grin hunger strike

Politician will always go broke once they leave power no matter how much they stole. Hunger done de show oshiompikin lesson

Oshiompikin was banking on the supreme court. Just like imo case. But ofcourse Nigerians have learnt alot from his tricks.

And he had exhausted all out war and efforts.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki: Oshiomhole Says Conflict Unfortunate, Ize-Iyamu Pleads For 14 Lawmakers by tutudesz: 4:23pm On Jun 01, 2021
IME1:

grin grin grin and also being his best man

Corn season don start sef
Best man that year O! But I never see Oshopikin wife since shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

IPOB Attacks Otoko Police Station In Imo State, Officer Wounded / Niger Delta May Erupt In Violence Again, International Group Warns Buhari / Chris Ngige Shows His Traditional Dance Moves (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.