Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,461 members, 7,801,146 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:30 AM

SA University Students Mock Silly-Looking Laptops & Choose Free 150K Instead - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / SA University Students Mock Silly-Looking Laptops & Choose Free 150K Instead (50205 Views)

Students Mock Their Former Teacher Seen On Bike (VIDEO) / Top SA University Drops Afrikaans (The Language of the "Oppressor") / Tuition Fees For New (100L) Covenant University Students 2017/2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SA University Students Mock Silly-Looking Laptops & Choose Free 150K Instead by geezynoni: 8:11am On Jun 02, 2021
Nd na university of technology..maybe na prank.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SA University Students Mock Silly-Looking Laptops & Choose Free 150K Instead by Topmaike007(m): 8:11am On Jun 02, 2021
kevoh:
Dem even see baby laptop collect! For naija, nothing is given to students?
unilorin students collect better tablet jare... Stop belittling your country
Re: SA University Students Mock Silly-Looking Laptops & Choose Free 150K Instead by bizhop01: 8:11am On Jun 02, 2021
Village people laptop grin
Re: SA University Students Mock Silly-Looking Laptops & Choose Free 150K Instead by senjutsu(m): 8:13am On Jun 02, 2021
AmazingELixir:
lipsrsealed

There is something fundamentally and spiritually wrong with Nigeria....I'm suspecting a sizeable chunk if the rebellious angels cast down from heaven fell with its shores.

Oduduwa, Amadioha the great grandfather of MNK and Usman Dan fodio make up that list of evil spirits in this country.
Omo! Guy be calming down embarassed
Re: SA University Students Mock Silly-Looking Laptops & Choose Free 150K Instead by GeneralPula: 8:16am On Jun 02, 2021
wiseone28:
I sweep for Nigeria anytime i see south Africa landscape..

They suffered but at least it pays.

If a south African travels to Nigeria and see a road with open gutters he will be like WTF cheesy

Like say road with open gutters no day SA too?
Re: SA University Students Mock Silly-Looking Laptops & Choose Free 150K Instead by Jacksparrow7(m): 8:17am On Jun 02, 2021
Starboytwo:
forget, unilorin gives year 1 students Tab.
how much for year1 school fees
Re: SA University Students Mock Silly-Looking Laptops & Choose Free 150K Instead by CSTRR: 8:18am On Jun 02, 2021
MALIGNANTGuest:
The WHITES left NIGERIA too quick.
We didn't learn anything from them.
Dey just gave CAVEMEN administration 2 manage.
Did we really known the rudiments of governance when the colonial masters left.?
That's why we are where we are today.
How can you give a BMW 5 SERIES to a VILLAGE PALM WINE tapper and expect excellence?
Of what relevance will that be to him.

Just imagine a country having PMB as president in this 2021. What an Apology!
A president who knows nothing about Education or Green Energy, yet he's surrounded by learned elites who keep mum to avoid being maimed.
Yet he attends all the summits abroad, returns home only 2 visits COWS in Funtua & Daura.
The Brits did not develop any of their third world colonies.

Unlike the Dutch that planned to stay in South Africa forever, the Brits just wanted to exploit and leave.

Different developmental approach.

Even if the Brits stay 100000 years in Nigeria, they won't develop it because they did not plan to stay and live in Nigeria.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: SA University Students Mock Silly-Looking Laptops & Choose Free 150K Instead by Jacksparrow7(m): 8:19am On Jun 02, 2021
What am I using 4gb ram and 64-bit to do with a little toaster-like laptop like this
Re: SA University Students Mock Silly-Looking Laptops & Choose Free 150K Instead by AnI77: 8:20am On Jun 02, 2021
kevoh:

I suppose too that your so-called Student Union Government agrees to students not being supported? Somehow ,I wonder what you students of nowadays actually do in the so-called universities.
Re: SA University Students Mock Silly-Looking Laptops & Choose Free 150K Instead by CSTRR: 8:21am On Jun 02, 2021
Before Britain colonised India, India was the world's richest country, by the time the Brits would leave, India was already severely poor.

They looted that country to stupor.

That is not the kind of power you expect would develop Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: SA University Students Mock Silly-Looking Laptops & Choose Free 150K Instead by osteenbush(m): 8:24am On Jun 02, 2021
My own problem is that R5000 = N150,000
Giant of Africa...Tueeh

1 Like

Re: SA University Students Mock Silly-Looking Laptops & Choose Free 150K Instead by Starboytwo(m): 8:26am On Jun 02, 2021
Jacksparrow7:
how much for year1 school fees
no idea boss. But in my time, we got Tab, and there is free WiFi. Infact the tabs got better each year.
Re: SA University Students Mock Silly-Looking Laptops & Choose Free 150K Instead by Ghostmode2two(m): 8:26am On Jun 02, 2021
kevoh:
If it were to be Naija my beautiful country even calculator they will not see to collect

1 Like

Re: SA University Students Mock Silly-Looking Laptops & Choose Free 150K Instead by Lekan239(m): 8:26am On Jun 02, 2021
kevoh:
there was a time Fayemi the present Govornor of Ekiti state shared a good laptop to all secondary school student and all teachers of the state. i guess some other state gov might have done that too.

we tend to forget good deeds easily in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: SA University Students Mock Silly-Looking Laptops & Choose Free 150K Instead by edoairways: 8:31am On Jun 02, 2021
senjutsu:

Don't even start. You'll be lucky to get a calculator
The possibility of getting a calculator in Nigeria is slim
Re: SA University Students Mock Silly-Looking Laptops & Choose Free 150K Instead by Kobicove(m): 8:32am On Jun 02, 2021
kevoh:

grin
Re: SA University Students Mock Silly-Looking Laptops & Choose Free 150K Instead by Kamachicho(f): 8:34am On Jun 02, 2021
AdolfHitlerxXx:
South Africa shows clearly that Nigeria would have benefitted from colonisation till the 1990s.

We were so much in a haste.
Re: SA University Students Mock Silly-Looking Laptops & Choose Free 150K Instead by kenx1(m): 8:37am On Jun 02, 2021
AdolfHitlerxXx:
South Africa shows clearly that Nigeria would have benefitted from colonisation till the 1990s.

Oversabi na worry them
Re: SA University Students Mock Silly-Looking Laptops & Choose Free 150K Instead by ghettochild(m): 8:39am On Jun 02, 2021
AdolfHitlerxXx:
Never never..
I live in SA
These student even get paid a stipend for feeding on a monthly basis

2 Likes

Re: SA University Students Mock Silly-Looking Laptops & Choose Free 150K Instead by 99thEnemy(m): 8:40am On Jun 02, 2021
constance500:
No difference and you expect dem to not shout
leSandwich Presser Lappy grin grin grin
Re: SA University Students Mock Silly-Looking Laptops & Choose Free 150K Instead by Raph82(m): 8:43am On Jun 02, 2021
MALIGNANTGuest:
Did we really known the rudiments of governance when the colonial masters left.?
How can you give a BMW 5 SERIES to a VILLAGE PALM WINE tapper and expect excellence?

A president who knows nothing about Education or Green Energy, yet he's surrounded by learned elites who keep mum to avoid being maimed.
Yet he attends all the summits abroad, returns home only 2 visits COWS in Funtua & Daura.
That has been my concern about this man. That shows all those summits he's been going for, he sees nothing gud in them. All he has in his brain is goro and cow. He should be in the bush shepherding cows and not Nigerians. God punish whoever it is that brought this man up to rule over us.
Re: SA University Students Mock Silly-Looking Laptops & Choose Free 150K Instead by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 8:45am On Jun 02, 2021
This jobless SA fooool again
Re: SA University Students Mock Silly-Looking Laptops & Choose Free 150K Instead by saxha: 8:45am On Jun 02, 2021
AdolfHitlerxXx:

In fact, the USA shows clearly that South Africa would have benefitted more had colonization continues.

What is happening in the USA is not totally different from when African countries were under colonial rule. The only difference is that American territory is not owned by Africa.
Re: SA University Students Mock Silly-Looking Laptops & Choose Free 150K Instead by Nobody: 8:45am On Jun 02, 2021
AdolfHitlerxXx:

I totally agree with you!
Re: SA University Students Mock Silly-Looking Laptops & Choose Free 150K Instead by Soleye24(m): 8:49am On Jun 02, 2021
Starboytwo:
forget, unilorin gives year 1 students Tab.
Not free bro, I paid 40k for the shitty tab, it was purely extortion. It has been scrabbled few years back.
Re: SA University Students Mock Silly-Looking Laptops & Choose Free 150K Instead by saxha: 8:53am On Jun 02, 2021
CSTRR:

The Brits did not develop any of their third world colonies.

Unlike the Dutch that planned to stay in South Africa forever, the Brits just wanted to exploit and leave.

Different developmental approach.

Even if the Brits stay 100000 years in Nigeria, they won't develop it because they did not plan to stay and live in Nigeria.

Sure, you're right.
This is why Africa would have been like America had it been they knew Africa early and the topography and climate are favorable to them. They could have settled here too like America or South Africa, and populate this continent instead of our forefathers only.
Re: SA University Students Mock Silly-Looking Laptops & Choose Free 150K Instead by Gofwane(m): 8:55am On Jun 02, 2021
AdolfHitlerxXx:
Absolutely correct. I keep saying Nigeria was not ripe when it got independece.
Re: SA University Students Mock Silly-Looking Laptops & Choose Free 150K Instead by Soleye24(m): 8:55am On Jun 02, 2021
Starboytwo:
no idea boss. But in my time, we got Tab, and there is free WiFi. Infact the tabs got better each year.
Bro what the Bleep are you typing here? Free WiFi? When did you gained admission? You really need to check your receipts, I paid 5k from 100level to 400level for wifi. Or are you talking about another unilorin I don't know of? And if the tab got better every year, why was it eventually scrabbled? It was a daylight robbery by Abdulganiy Anbali

1 Like

Re: SA University Students Mock Silly-Looking Laptops & Choose Free 150K Instead by Nobody: 9:01am On Jun 02, 2021
AdolfHitlerxXx:

South Africa
1.pays a higher tax rate
2.Spends more on university education than Nigeria spends on education combined
3.Pays higher fees
4. Has a more diversified economy than Nigeria does.
5. Has been independent since 1910, 1994 was when black majority rule, not independence , began

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: SA University Students Mock Silly-Looking Laptops & Choose Free 150K Instead by Bashnigga(m): 9:03am On Jun 02, 2021
Someone called it a sandwich presser, crazy cheesy
Re: SA University Students Mock Silly-Looking Laptops & Choose Free 150K Instead by codemaniacs: 9:12am On Jun 02, 2021
joyandfaith:

Oooh!! You get it.

slyfoxxjoe:
I say this all the time people think i'm crazy. Even a few years of apartheid before independence would have been worth it in my opinion.

phorget:
We used our "oversabi" attitude to chase away the white men all in the name of independence but are we really independent today?

Ever8090:
ohhhh.... someone have said same thing i get bashed for..each time I think of south Africa and remember our independent day it makes me hate and cotinue swearing for the people that fought for it,.that was the day our problem started
MARKone:

Barman, give this man a cold mortuary standard of his favourite beer. This is what I've been saying, the British left rather too early.

Tablechair:
I think this should be most African countries would have benefited!!

wiseone28:
I sweep for Nigeria anytime i see south Africa landscape..

They suffered but at least it pays.

If a south African travels to Nigeria and see a road with open gutters he will be like WTF cheesy

AdolfHitlerxXx:
MALIGNANTGuest:

You guys are wrong.

Holland planned to stay in S.A and totally dominate all sectors of S.A and keep the indegenes in poverty.

After S.A Independence 1994, black South Africans could get better paying jobs and govt jobs. Black South Africans also inherited a good infrastructural planning system and they should be credited for sticking to that system.

I said the below comment to another nl user who asked why S.A is developed:

" haven't you also asked yourself why in 1914 when southern Nigeria was making loads of revenue the british did not build planned housing estates, schools, hospitals, sports centers e.t.c all over southern Nigeria but they decided to join it with northern Nigeria and use part of the revenue from southern Nigeria to govern and finance northern Nigeria...

planned housing estates in southern Nigeria in 1914 will have eradicated mud houses in southern Nigeria and the catastrophe of unplanned housing you see in ibadan, ogun state and other places in Nigeria..

they could also have given southern Nigeria social benefits like unemployment benefits, free education, free healthcare e.t.c.. it was Awolowo that started free education.. if the b:ritish had started it there won't be so many Nigerians without formal education in 2021 "

3 Likes

Re: SA University Students Mock Silly-Looking Laptops & Choose Free 150K Instead by kevoh(m): 9:16am On Jun 02, 2021
AnI77:

I suppose too that your so-called Student Union Government agrees to students not being supported? Somehow ,I wonder what you students of nowadays actually do in the so-called universities.
Hope I am not the one you are calling 'student'? First degree not done in Nigeria by the way, Masters degree already done! Currently sponsoring a sibling in University. I don't have to be a Nigerian Student before I sympathize with them. I understand what it means to have a conducive environment for learning! It is something I enjoyed as an undergraduate. There are still a lot of young, smart, and intelligent students among the students you demean with your condescending tone. Just give them the right resources so that we can all tap into their intelligence and talent in the future, else we lose them to the US, Canada, and other Western countries!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

One Of The Things That Wasted Our Time In Secondary School / Roof Shot Of The University Of Calabar / When Would The Result For May/june Waec Be Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.