Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,989 members, 7,806,877 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:56 AM

HURIWA: Change Nigeria's Name From What Flora Shaw, Lugard's Girlfriend Gave It - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / HURIWA: Change Nigeria's Name From What Flora Shaw, Lugard's Girlfriend Gave It (84077 Views)

Justice Flora Ngozi Azinge: A SAN Is Trying To Bribe Me / United African Republic (UAR): A Proposal To Change Nigeria's Name / Lord Lugard Footbridge Kaduna: 116 Years After (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HURIWA: Change Nigeria's Name From What Flora Shaw, Lugard's Girlfriend Gave It by mechanics(m): 10:57am On Jun 02, 2021
The name is not the issue.
Re: HURIWA: Change Nigeria's Name From What Flora Shaw, Lugard's Girlfriend Gave It by FarahAideed: 10:57am On Jun 02, 2021
The problem is not the name but the quality of people that inhabit this the land ...Going by the poor reasoning of Huriwa it's easy to see the poor quality mind set that has put nigeria in this mess

1 Like

Re: HURIWA: Change Nigeria's Name From What Flora Shaw, Lugard's Girlfriend Gave It by Nobody: 10:57am On Jun 02, 2021
So Nigeria is a product of a British PROSTITUTE grin grin
I don't doubt it because it shows in the behaviour of our political leaders. All of them are political prostitutes! cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: HURIWA: Change Nigeria's Name From What Flora Shaw, Lugard's Girlfriend Gave It by OsusTroller: 10:58am On Jun 02, 2021
OsuAmaka:
-Osu amaka
OSU alusi grin
Re: HURIWA: Change Nigeria's Name From What Flora Shaw, Lugard's Girlfriend Gave It by Quality20(m): 10:58am On Jun 02, 2021
Let's just change d name of d country to Biafra kowai
Re: HURIWA: Change Nigeria's Name From What Flora Shaw, Lugard's Girlfriend Gave It by OsusHunter: 10:59am On Jun 02, 2021
OsuAmaka:
-Osu amaka

OSU ajoka grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HURIWA: Change Nigeria's Name From What Flora Shaw, Lugard's Girlfriend Gave It by Kobicove(m): 10:59am On Jun 02, 2021
Zimbabwe that changed name from Rhodesia how has it helped them? undecided

What about Ghana that changed name from Gold Coast... have they suddenly become a developed country?

1 Like

Re: HURIWA: Change Nigeria's Name From What Flora Shaw, Lugard's Girlfriend Gave It by OsusHunter: 10:59am On Jun 02, 2021
OsusTroller:

OSU alusi grin
OSU osu
Re: HURIWA: Change Nigeria's Name From What Flora Shaw, Lugard's Girlfriend Gave It by dahrey01: 10:59am On Jun 02, 2021
In my opinion the name Nigeria as it is coined isn't the problem, but individuals, starting with the family structures, denominations, religious sects and political ideologies and structures...

3 Likes

Re: HURIWA: Change Nigeria's Name From What Flora Shaw, Lugard's Girlfriend Gave It by Ashirioluwa: 11:00am On Jun 02, 2021
Our problem is undefined. We are just too problematic.

A name is just a means of identifying things. I don’t understand or know how Nigeria as a name now becomes our problem.

A western will name his or her kid Stone , Water, Fish, Walter or Bush without the child facing any form of spiritual problems as a result of the name but this can’t be in Nigeria because one pastor or imam will tell you that you are having problem because of your name.

I think it is high time we do away with all these archaic beliefs

3 Likes

Re: HURIWA: Change Nigeria's Name From What Flora Shaw, Lugard's Girlfriend Gave It by giantstar: 11:00am On Jun 02, 2021
you are right but our destiny sometimes act upon the names given to us, example baptismal names
inoki247:
lol Las Las diz Constitutional Review no go yield any beta results na rubbish nd junks all diz people just dey yarn.....

with everything we are facing in diz country na name of country we go dey talk abt...
Re: HURIWA: Change Nigeria's Name From What Flora Shaw, Lugard's Girlfriend Gave It by Jenpress: 11:01am On Jun 02, 2021
clarocuzioo:
This is true. Nigga Area should be changed as it has no root any where in this country.

The problem is not about the name of the country but the people living in it
Re: HURIWA: Change Nigeria's Name From What Flora Shaw, Lugard's Girlfriend Gave It by ken6488(m): 11:01am On Jun 02, 2021
Amotolongbo:
America, Canada, Australia et al were colonial names.
No big deal about the name.

It isn’t about change of name of a country but the mindset of the citizens
go and read your book
Re: HURIWA: Change Nigeria's Name From What Flora Shaw, Lugard's Girlfriend Gave It by Nobody: 11:02am On Jun 02, 2021
I support, because the name Nigeria was coined out of a racial slur.

1 Like

Re: HURIWA: Change Nigeria's Name From What Flora Shaw, Lugard's Girlfriend Gave It by Nobody: 11:05am On Jun 02, 2021
Nigeria is a script written by a drunk mad man lord lugard
Re: HURIWA: Change Nigeria's Name From What Flora Shaw, Lugard's Girlfriend Gave It by Ashirioluwa: 11:06am On Jun 02, 2021
giantstar:
you are right but our destiny sometimes act upon the names given to us, example baptismal names

To me I don’t think a name have anything to do with our destiny.
Re: HURIWA: Change Nigeria's Name From What Flora Shaw, Lugard's Girlfriend Gave It by DonCortino: 11:06am On Jun 02, 2021
Niggerarea

2 Likes

Re: HURIWA: Change Nigeria's Name From What Flora Shaw, Lugard's Girlfriend Gave It by yusluvad(m): 11:07am On Jun 02, 2021
I know they wouldn't come together in one accord to make this happen. But it would have been good if they can...
Re: HURIWA: Change Nigeria's Name From What Flora Shaw, Lugard's Girlfriend Gave It by Joseph08(m): 11:07am On Jun 02, 2021
They should change it to Zoogeria grin
Re: HURIWA: Change Nigeria's Name From What Flora Shaw, Lugard's Girlfriend Gave It by Nobody: 11:07am On Jun 02, 2021
OsuAmaka:
-Osu amaka

You are a Bastard.

1 Like

Re: HURIWA: Change Nigeria's Name From What Flora Shaw, Lugard's Girlfriend Gave It by BlackDuke(m): 11:07am On Jun 02, 2021
Let's call it Naija, it's Kool and sexy.
Re: HURIWA: Change Nigeria's Name From What Flora Shaw, Lugard's Girlfriend Gave It by emmnprince(m): 11:08am On Jun 02, 2021
LordVoldermort:
Your name is given to you by others If you like change the name to 9mobile people will still call it Etisalat

Even till today I hear people say I wan buy "Zain" card instead of "Airtel" and Up NEPA instead of up EKEDC!

1 Like

Re: HURIWA: Change Nigeria's Name From What Flora Shaw, Lugard's Girlfriend Gave It by Amotolongbo(f): 11:08am On Jun 02, 2021
[s]
ken6488:
go and read your book
[/s]
Re: HURIWA: Change Nigeria's Name From What Flora Shaw, Lugard's Girlfriend Gave It by neyohh: 11:11am On Jun 02, 2021
This is brilliant.

Some will say with all the problems in the country, but how the problem started is also connected to the name.

Nigga area ? Only fools will accept this.
Re: HURIWA: Change Nigeria's Name From What Flora Shaw, Lugard's Girlfriend Gave It by Trustedpronet: 11:11am On Jun 02, 2021
Let's call it BIAREWA Country
Re: HURIWA: Change Nigeria's Name From What Flora Shaw, Lugard's Girlfriend Gave It by Nobody: 11:11am On Jun 02, 2021
Fahdiga:
Whether the cursed and useless name is changed or not Biafra is here already. Only the slaves and their masters can continue bearing the disgusting name
WHO ARE THE SLAVES IF NOT IGBOS WHO HAVE BEEN MIS INFORMED AND ALLOWED HATRED FOR OTHERS TO KEEP THEM IN BONDAGE.YOU HAVE JUST BEGIN ANOTHER JOURNEY INTO OBLIVION.

1 Like

Re: HURIWA: Change Nigeria's Name From What Flora Shaw, Lugard's Girlfriend Gave It by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:13am On Jun 02, 2021
StaffofOrayan:
That is asking too much of black people!
Change what a white man gave them?
Never!
Why don't you change the phone you're using to type to slate make internet rest?
Re: HURIWA: Change Nigeria's Name From What Flora Shaw, Lugard's Girlfriend Gave It by goodnessme1(f): 11:13am On Jun 02, 2021
berrystunn:
A lot have issues with the name..but for me the name is not the issue...

The people in Nigeria are the issue not the name...

Wicked evil and heartless people everywhere nobody to trust in your region, same family, same religion, same Kingsman, same father, same house, same language, same faith, same mother ,

Northerners killing them self more then anyone else.

No family in Igbo land without issues ( family problem) family war Killing them self or wishing evil to them self's.

And so on .

What of Yorubas.
Re: HURIWA: Change Nigeria's Name From What Flora Shaw, Lugard's Girlfriend Gave It by musapeter72(m): 11:15am On Jun 02, 2021
On this note, i am proposing Wazobia.
Re: HURIWA: Change Nigeria's Name From What Flora Shaw, Lugard's Girlfriend Gave It by jamace(m): 11:19am On Jun 02, 2021
grin grin grin
Re: HURIWA: Change Nigeria's Name From What Flora Shaw, Lugard's Girlfriend Gave It by Mayeldah(m): 11:19am On Jun 02, 2021
I guess the lady gave us the name after a 2 minutes unsatisfactory sex with Lagurd grin grin grin grin
Re: HURIWA: Change Nigeria's Name From What Flora Shaw, Lugard's Girlfriend Gave It by AuroraBrls: 11:20am On Jun 02, 2021
There is nothing wrong with the name Nigeria.

Infact e make sense

E sweet and smooth to pronounce for mouth

E get better meaning sef...The area/region around the confluence River Niger with the River Benue and their resultant Delta.

Biafra too sweet for mouth...area that has the Bight of Biafra or Gulf of Guinea as part of it territorial waters.

Na the Oduduwa name wey de hang for mouth...even the Arewa wey no allow anybody go their separate way sef no sweet for mouth.

Make l even ask...Arewa na God abi wetin?..why Oduduwa and Biafra de fear and beg Arewa for independence?...Ayam honestly not understanding...abi de get two heads and four testicles?...Why is especially Oduduwa, afraid of Arewa?...Why is Arewa not agitating for secession?

If the marriage cant work anymore, let their be a peaceful divorce...nobody has a monopoly of violence and nobody should be threatening anyone with war or genocide.

If the marriage gets to work...a stronger regional system of government with a relatively weaker centre should be adopted, resource control...Senate and House of Reps should be scrapped. Politics should be a part time work and not an avenue for career criminals to loot the Commonwealth.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Meet Late Musa Yar'adua's Daughters, All Married To Former State Governors / EndSARS Protesters Sleep By The Road Side: Funniest Endsars Photo? / Halima Buhari Called To Bar With No Hijab (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.