Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,996 members, 7,806,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:29 AM

Road Sign Slices Through A Driver's Car In The UK (Pictures) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Road Sign Slices Through A Driver's Car In The UK (Pictures) (48287 Views)

Airpeace Begins Direct Flights To London, UK (Pictures) / Lagos Driver's Car Impounded By Task Force, Asked To Pay ₦25,500 / Potholes On Road In Nigeria Vs In UK (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Road Sign Slices Through A Driver's Car In The UK (Pictures) by ogbiwa: 8:26am On Jun 02, 2021
A driver in the UK had a miraculous escape after he crashed into a road sign causing the vehicles's windscreen, and part of the roof, to be sliced in half.

According to CorkBeo the freak accident happened on Sunday evening near the N20 when the Range Rover left the road and hit the sign.

The road sign sliced through the front windshield but thankfully the glass didn't shatter leaving the driver to walk away unharmed.

Local police and ambulance services attended the scene but did not need to treat anyone for injuries sustained during the crash.

A spokesperson for the police said: "Gardaí attended the scene of a single-vehicle collision at Waterloo, Blarney on May 30, 2021 at around 7.30pm.

"The car is believed to have collided with a sign post at the side of the road. No injuries were reported to Gardaí at the time of the collision."

In photos taken at the scene of the crash the silver Range Rover is pictured with the large road sign cut into the roof and windscreen of the vehicle.

It is not clear whether there were passengers in the car at the time of the crash or whether it was just the driver travelling.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/driver-miraculous-escape-after-road-24231420

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Road Sign Slices Through A Driver's Car In The UK (Pictures) by HandsomeHITLER(m): 8:27am On Jun 02, 2021
shocked Talk about 1000 ways to die!

136 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Road Sign Slices Through A Driver's Car In The UK (Pictures) by ogbiwa: 8:27am On Jun 02, 2021
That's one scary stuff. For those wondering like me, the UK use right hand drive so the driver was on the other side of the car obviously

277 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Road Sign Slices Through A Driver's Car In The UK (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:33am On Jun 02, 2021
This one lucky oooo

5 Likes

Re: Road Sign Slices Through A Driver's Car In The UK (Pictures) by FBIBOT(m): 8:34am On Jun 02, 2021
Omo.....
Re: Road Sign Slices Through A Driver's Car In The UK (Pictures) by EzzyCarter: 8:50am On Jun 02, 2021
Now this is what you call a close shave. Literally cheesy

HandsomeHITLER:
shocked Talk about 1000 ways to die!

More like a billion ways to die. For you to see each day break and night fall is definitely something to be grateful for. Life is full of dangers. I agree you cant be too careful but then only God can save one completely from circumstances beyond one's control...

67 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Road Sign Slices Through A Driver's Car In The UK (Pictures) by pyyxxaro: 9:17am On Jun 02, 2021
Village people wicked oh

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road Sign Slices Through A Driver's Car In The UK (Pictures) by tesseract: 9:17am On Jun 02, 2021
Wow...lucky dude. Left wheel drive would have finished the man.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Road Sign Slices Through A Driver's Car In The UK (Pictures) by CheerfulGiver: 11:35am On Jun 02, 2021
Someone is about to be rich.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road Sign Slices Through A Driver's Car In The UK (Pictures) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:51am On Jun 02, 2021
JESUS CHRIST shocked shocked shocked!!!

Lord have mercy!!

A spokesperson for the police said: "Gardaí attended the scene of a single-vehicle collision at Waterloo

We thank God he didn't meet his waterloo at waterloo!
There is everything in a name!

As long as you believe, this is for you : As we go out looking for what to eat, may we never encounter what will eat us.

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Road Sign Slices Through A Driver's Car In The UK (Pictures) by Samiah33(m): 11:51am On Jun 02, 2021
Thank God its right side driving

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road Sign Slices Through A Driver's Car In The UK (Pictures) by Spending123: 11:51am On Jun 02, 2021
I see many people saying "the end is near", I see pastor righousness jumping into this trade to spread the gospel, I see mannabbgrills coming into this trade to shout "Jesus" This I have seen.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Road Sign Slices Through A Driver's Car In The UK (Pictures) by Curious345: 11:52am On Jun 02, 2021
Left hand drive .. lucky you
Re: Road Sign Slices Through A Driver's Car In The UK (Pictures) by DropsMic(m): 11:52am On Jun 02, 2021
21st century cars
Re: Road Sign Slices Through A Driver's Car In The UK (Pictures) by Golan007: 11:52am On Jun 02, 2021
CheerfulGiver:
Someone is about to be rich.

Nah.

1 Like

Re: Road Sign Slices Through A Driver's Car In The UK (Pictures) by Yankee101: 11:52am On Jun 02, 2021
Physics

At a very high speed even paper will cut deeply

10 Likes

Re: Road Sign Slices Through A Driver's Car In The UK (Pictures) by moralteacher: 11:52am On Jun 02, 2021
Uuhhhhhhh
Re: Road Sign Slices Through A Driver's Car In The UK (Pictures) by West2019(m): 11:53am On Jun 02, 2021
Then will ship it to Nigeria later later, garbage country

9 Likes

Re: Road Sign Slices Through A Driver's Car In The UK (Pictures) by Odunolumide(m): 11:53am On Jun 02, 2021
Go and sin no more

2 Likes

Re: Road Sign Slices Through A Driver's Car In The UK (Pictures) by Semikolo: 11:53am On Jun 02, 2021
grin
Re: Road Sign Slices Through A Driver's Car In The UK (Pictures) by icon8: 11:54am On Jun 02, 2021
Didn’t happen in the UK. ‘Gardai’ is the Irish name of the Irish Police, meaning that the accident definitely happened somewhere on the island of Ireland.

12 Likes

Re: Road Sign Slices Through A Driver's Car In The UK (Pictures) by Omooba224: 11:55am On Jun 02, 2021
A narrow escape
Re: Road Sign Slices Through A Driver's Car In The UK (Pictures) by 900warriorz: 11:55am On Jun 02, 2021
Dabuskabash has done it again grin

1 Like

Re: Road Sign Slices Through A Driver's Car In The UK (Pictures) by Bustincole(m): 11:56am On Jun 02, 2021
Wawu
Re: Road Sign Slices Through A Driver's Car In The UK (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:56am On Jun 02, 2021
Spending123:
I see many people saying "the end is near", I see pastor righousness jumping into this trade to spread the gospel, I see mannabbgrills coming into this trade to shout "Jesus" This I have seen.

THREAD not TRADE

Omo Igbo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road Sign Slices Through A Driver's Car In The UK (Pictures) by Ojemedad: 11:56am On Jun 02, 2021
The car is already on it's way to naija

1 Like

Re: Road Sign Slices Through A Driver's Car In The UK (Pictures) by ruggedtimi(m): 11:57am On Jun 02, 2021
Damn
Re: Road Sign Slices Through A Driver's Car In The UK (Pictures) by Lighthammer(m): 11:57am On Jun 02, 2021
Damn
Re: Road Sign Slices Through A Driver's Car In The UK (Pictures) by gbolswag(m): 11:58am On Jun 02, 2021
Grace.....this is a huge testimony

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Moment Air Niugini Plane Crashed Into Sea In Micronesia, Papua New Guinea / 27 Dead Ethiopians On Way To SA Dumped By Zambian Roadside (GRAPHIC PICS) / Girl, 15, Among Four Migrants Found Hidden Inside Car Dashboards And Engines

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.