Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,850 members, 7,806,399 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:48 PM

United African Republic (UAR): A Proposal To Change Nigeria's Name - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / United African Republic (UAR): A Proposal To Change Nigeria's Name (49422 Views)

Why We Should Change Nigeria To UAR (United African Republic) / HURIWA: Change Nigeria's Name From What Flora Shaw, Lugard's Girlfriend Gave It / ''Atiku Can’t Bring The Change Nigeria Needs'' — Oby Ezekwesili (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: United African Republic (UAR): A Proposal To Change Nigeria's Name by wink2015(m): 8:17am On Jun 03, 2021
Bestbeelieve:
Independent states of Nigeria. make everybody dey dia lane! wh tell una say Africa fit dey united?

I support your suggestion that is INDEPENDENT STATES OF NIGERIA.

But I just want to add one more word which is "Democratic " and it will read

The Independent Democratic States of Nigeria.

UNITY should not be by force.

Unity is voluntary.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: United African Republic (UAR): A Proposal To Change Nigeria's Name by BigBashiru: 8:17am On Jun 03, 2021
Pmpm:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pulse.ng/news/politics/house-of-reps-receives-proposal-to-change-nigerias-name-to-uar/dzbwjls.amp

I agree with the proposal. We must stop answering the name given to us by white men who didn't mean well....

Independent States of the Sahara....
Re: United African Republic (UAR): A Proposal To Change Nigeria's Name by pikechukwu6(m): 8:18am On Jun 03, 2021
grin grin grin I Said it early that we Yahoo Men in the country... Walahi. China will not allow this to happen. Who them go hold?
Re: United African Republic (UAR): A Proposal To Change Nigeria's Name by Calitoscassius(m): 8:19am On Jun 03, 2021
Nigeria have become a big circus and caricature.
Re: United African Republic (UAR): A Proposal To Change Nigeria's Name by mofedamijo(m): 8:19am On Jun 03, 2021
This makes sense to me me, provided that every region has its own Prime Minister and then each region controls her revenue.

You only give to the federal government 15% of your revenue. Decentralise the fucking central and see how uncompetitive the Executive Presidents position becomes. There will be no fighting to be President anymore.

Also, have Region laws, and federal laws, with Region laws more powerful than federal laws by 80%. Let the remaining 20% law come from the fucking federal level. Basically for security laws and economic laws to watch some stupid prime ministers who might want to get above the law.

I believe this will benefit everyone and everyone goes home happy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: United African Republic (UAR): A Proposal To Change Nigeria's Name by Mccullum: 8:19am On Jun 03, 2021
UAR is not bad, what of UAS United African States..

and WaSoBia Republic no bad o grin
Re: United African Republic (UAR): A Proposal To Change Nigeria's Name by Womanizer(m): 8:20am On Jun 03, 2021
Yeye proposal angry
Re: United African Republic (UAR): A Proposal To Change Nigeria's Name by Oppy2k2: 8:20am On Jun 03, 2021
Aseju ni Alkebulan republic, Oduduwa Republic ti wa okay.

1 Like

Re: United African Republic (UAR): A Proposal To Change Nigeria's Name by ismodiwa(m): 8:21am On Jun 03, 2021
Misplaced priority
Dumbest leaders ever in the history of the world
Re: United African Republic (UAR): A Proposal To Change Nigeria's Name by olisaEze(m): 8:22am On Jun 03, 2021
Our president never fit pronounce Nigeria, ona wan change name to wetin go paralyze the man tongue! grin

United with who first, terrorist sympathizers?

Abeg make all man dey im dey joor!

1 Like

Re: United African Republic (UAR): A Proposal To Change Nigeria's Name by Nobody: 8:22am On Jun 03, 2021
Won't change nothin..
Re: United African Republic (UAR): A Proposal To Change Nigeria's Name by Teejay13(m): 8:22am On Jun 03, 2021
To achieve that, the government has to start doing things right. Cos as it is Nigeria is already divided by our leaders from their method of political appointment.

Some regions have been marginalized and as such does not see the need to be united again.

The government has a major role to play in order to achieve this.
Re: United African Republic (UAR): A Proposal To Change Nigeria's Name by Lovelyn451(f): 8:22am On Jun 03, 2021
Every republic already has a name, so why jamming us together again, to rule and exploit abi?
Re: United African Republic (UAR): A Proposal To Change Nigeria's Name by shogsman(m): 8:23am On Jun 03, 2021
You think china cares about your name ,a debtor is a debtor,if you like change name to Qatar
Re: United African Republic (UAR): A Proposal To Change Nigeria's Name by Nobody: 8:24am On Jun 03, 2021
Lmoa kolo people full this forum

Amotolongbo:
UAR ko, VAR ni!

Make China dey look for who own am money if we change name abi?
Re: United African Republic (UAR): A Proposal To Change Nigeria's Name by Nobody: 8:24am On Jun 03, 2021
So changing the name is now the solutionThey should also remove the bloody Arabic inscriptions from our currency too.
Re: United African Republic (UAR): A Proposal To Change Nigeria's Name by Lee99: 8:25am On Jun 03, 2021
So what will the citizens be called?? UARI? UARESE? UARIANESE? URANUS? UARAN? grin grin grin unu zukwuanike
Re: United African Republic (UAR): A Proposal To Change Nigeria's Name by sojfarm: 8:25am On Jun 03, 2021
Permunations will not work.

Our problems are not in the name but the people.

Let us break!!!

Let each the Regions go and development own their own. Enough of lazy and parasite regions
Re: United African Republic (UAR): A Proposal To Change Nigeria's Name by onomeabuja: 8:26am On Jun 03, 2021
Fahdiga:
Will it make any difference so far the lifeless man is still in saddle
it will not even change d price of foods in d market....,Thieves!!! govment & rubbish govment!!!
Re: United African Republic (UAR): A Proposal To Change Nigeria's Name by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 8:26am On Jun 03, 2021
Wetin concerned me, a 5%er, a Nyamiri with Nigeria?
Will it make The whole of East half the size of Bornu? No. So they can change it to whatever thing they like.
God bless the Sai Bab crew
God bless our sweet daddy BubU and make him rule Nigeria till there's no one to rule again.
Amen
Re: United African Republic (UAR): A Proposal To Change Nigeria's Name by airminem(f): 8:26am On Jun 03, 2021
Amotolongbo:
UAR ko, VAR ni!

Lol... U nor well like Lauretta onochie...

Re: United African Republic (UAR): A Proposal To Change Nigeria's Name by BlackFlamefromP: 8:26am On Jun 03, 2021
I agree to this name change absolutely! And I like that name too and the idea behind it.

WE MUST BE ONE BY FIRE, BY FORCE OR THUNDER. We must be one!
Re: United African Republic (UAR): A Proposal To Change Nigeria's Name by Akpuobi1: 8:27am On Jun 03, 2021
Restructure first, then change to proposed UAR, simple.
Re: United African Republic (UAR): A Proposal To Change Nigeria's Name by Dukeolumidemans(m): 8:28am On Jun 03, 2021
Amotolongbo:
UAR ko, VAR ni!

Lol...omo u wicked ooo

Re: United African Republic (UAR): A Proposal To Change Nigeria's Name by Galadimabawa: 8:28am On Jun 03, 2021
Sounds good
Re: United African Republic (UAR): A Proposal To Change Nigeria's Name by bangging(m): 8:28am On Jun 03, 2021
Re: United African Republic (UAR): A Proposal To Change Nigeria's Name by Donedeal1(m): 8:28am On Jun 03, 2021
Which one is Abukenani,

Orientation brother

The foundation is our minds.
Re: United African Republic (UAR): A Proposal To Change Nigeria's Name by iampeterben(m): 8:29am On Jun 03, 2021
Which kind rubbish be this?
Re: United African Republic (UAR): A Proposal To Change Nigeria's Name by rafkollinz: 8:29am On Jun 03, 2021
May Almighty God help us in dc can3
Re: United African Republic (UAR): A Proposal To Change Nigeria's Name by Rodwave: 8:29am On Jun 03, 2021
Lee99:
So what will the citizens be called?? UARI? UARESE? UARIANESE? URANUS? UARAN? grin grin grin unu zukwuanike

Fellow uranus grin

The sub human alien specie

1 Like

Re: United African Republic (UAR): A Proposal To Change Nigeria's Name by shyvicky: 8:29am On Jun 03, 2021
NEPA get so many names but we no still get light, the name is not the problem, nothing is working, let cash flow in the economy, share the money without religious or regional considerations, and u will see people will be happy, I believe all these running around up and down, trying to change constitution and name is the fear of impulsion of Nigeria, things has damaged a lot here, I saw what happened during end Sars and I cried for our youths, I saw how youths were lynching a security officer without mercy, if these youth can do this without guns, this means they can do worst with weapons, drugs have taking over, no ambition, education is seen as scam, only God can save us now cry cry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Reacts To Killing Of 10 Christian Captives By ISWAP / Army Raids Plateau Fulani Settlers, Burns 100 Homes After 2 Soldiers Were Killed / Oshiomhole Presents Ajimobi To Buhari As Deputy National Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.