Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,952 members, 7,806,754 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

Yoruba Girl Eats Igbo Food (abacha) For The First Time (pics, Video) - Food (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Yoruba Girl Eats Igbo Food (abacha) For The First Time (pics, Video) (76585 Views)

Pretty Foreign Lady Tries Different Nigerian Foods For The 1st Time (pics/video) / Pictures From Abacha Hangout In Enugu State / Chinese Girl Eats Bugs, Says She Loves Its Crunchy Taste. (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Girl Eats Igbo Food (abacha) For The First Time (pics, Video) by Cherez: 7:34am On Jun 05, 2021
ewa26:

What’s the difference between Igbo stew/jollof and Yoruba own?
If you grew up in the East you should know that back in the day we don't do tomato stew but "ofe akwu" unlike the yorubas whose soup too has a blend of tomatoes
Infact the use of tomatoes in Igboland is foreign; none of our local meals originally has anything like tomatoes
Go to any yoruba restaurant watch how they prepare their own to Igbos
Yorubas add more oil and fry to high dryness
Re: Yoruba Girl Eats Igbo Food (abacha) For The First Time (pics, Video) by HRMK: 8:15am On Jun 05, 2021
Zetty177x:

I'm not Ibo o. I have never even been to an ibo state..I hate Yoruba food with a passion. When I was working in lagos, I was thin cos I couldn't eat their food. Even their goat meat-ogufe had very nasty taste...

Besides una food de give person running stomach cos all u guys put in food is pepper
UR YET TO TELL US WHERE U COME FROM!ARE U ASHAMED TO SAY IT?IGBOS AND YORUBAS ARE 2 OF THE 3MAIN TRIBES OF THE COUNTRY!
Re: Yoruba Girl Eats Igbo Food (abacha) For The First Time (pics, Video) by dometome: 10:33am On Jun 05, 2021
Aderewah:
Animal. Point out a single flaw in the post. You can't even spell follower. Drug pushing, baby factory product.
just like your parents
Re: Yoruba Girl Eats Igbo Food (abacha) For The First Time (pics, Video) by Zetty177x: 10:41am On Jun 05, 2021
HRMK:
UR YET TO TELL US WHERE U COME FROM!ARE U ASHAMED TO SAY IT?IGBOS AND YORUBAS ARE 2 OF THE 3MAIN TRIBES OF THE COUNTRY!

No wahala even if I come from Jupiter..but Yorubas have the worse food on Earth.. I'd rather go for Massa than eat ur food , man

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Girl Eats Igbo Food (abacha) For The First Time (pics, Video) by HRMK: 11:29am On Jun 05, 2021
Zetty177x:

No wahala even if I come from Jupiter..but Yorubas have the worse food on Earth.. I'd rather go for Massa than eat ur food , man
sorry,i dont chat with any1 from jupiter!only people from planet earth!and must be those proud of their tribe!no time to check time!case closed!!

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Girl Eats Igbo Food (abacha) For The First Time (pics, Video) by Zetty177x: 2:43pm On Jun 05, 2021
HRMK:
sorry,i dont chat with any1 from jupiter!only people from planet earth!and must be those proud of their tribe!no time to check time!case closed!!

Not funny enough. Even Mars has no human live. Yaribas are the cause of Nigeria problems. My grievance with them. Two faced, and afonjas

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Girl Eats Igbo Food (abacha) For The First Time (pics, Video) by bkool7(m): 3:13pm On Jun 05, 2021
Fahdiga:
I'm a bona-fide Yoruba man. Can't you see my cone head

Ive looked through ur moniker. Come off it
Re: Yoruba Girl Eats Igbo Food (abacha) For The First Time (pics, Video) by ewa26: 4:52pm On Jun 05, 2021
what’s the difference between Yoruba and Igbo jollof specifically - colour, taste, and texture-wise?
Re: Yoruba Girl Eats Igbo Food (abacha) For The First Time (pics, Video) by ewa26: 4:53pm On Jun 05, 2021
moreover is it not only anambra igbos who eat ofe akwu? ndi Imo no dey chop am na, it’s an Anambra/delta Igbo delicacy
Re: Yoruba Girl Eats Igbo Food (abacha) For The First Time (pics, Video) by HRMK: 5:54am On Jun 06, 2021
Zetty177x:

Not funny enough. Even Mars has no human live. Yaribas are the cause of Nigeria problems. My grievance with them. Two faced, and afonjas
whatever name u may call them,they are proud of their tribe but ur ashamed of urs!that tribe of urs has nothing good abt it!U WILL BE IGNORED FROM NOW ON!!

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Girl Eats Igbo Food (abacha) For The First Time (pics, Video) by Zetty177x: 7:33am On Jun 06, 2021
HRMK:
whatever name u may call them,they are proud of their tribe but ur ashamed of urs!that tribe of urs has nothing good abt it!U WILL BE IGNORED FROM NOW ON!!

That's why the Fulanis will never give u guys juicy appointment. Una no get juice

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Girl Eats Igbo Food (abacha) For The First Time (pics, Video) by TechSkill: 9:35pm On Jun 06, 2021
HRMK:
ewedu and gbegiri?do u call them food?u av a lot to learn!
so to you soup is not food? I am not surprise... is it not Nigerians again?
Re: Yoruba Girl Eats Igbo Food (abacha) For The First Time (pics, Video) by HRMK: 10:19pm On Jun 06, 2021
TechSkill:
so to you soup is not food? I am not surprise... is it not Nigerians again?
is it not nigeriansanyway,to me #food is what one culd take as meal!can u take those two as meals?no!give them their rightful names ie vegetable/soup!!
Re: Yoruba Girl Eats Igbo Food (abacha) For The First Time (pics, Video) by TechSkill: 12:05am On Jun 07, 2021
HRMK:
is it not nigeriansanyway, to me #food is what one culd take as meal!can u take those two as meals?no!give them their rightful names ie vegetable/soup!!

In certain discussions like this one, there is not like "to me" which permits you to give something a different meaning from what it is. I have helped you cure your lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Re: Yoruba Girl Eats Igbo Food (abacha) For The First Time (pics, Video) by HRMK: 5:24am On Jun 07, 2021
TechSkill:

In certain discussions like this one, there is not like "to me" which permits you to give something a different meaning from what it is. I have helped you cure your lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
there lies ur ignorance!nobody has the monopoly of wisdom!whoever blvs he or she,has nothing more to learn,hence already above correction,needs not engage in social media!food is a meal u can take as breakfast,lunch,dinner,and ur belly is filled up!is tea food?no!how many cups of ewedu wuld u gulp that will get u satisfied?always call edibles their rightful names!ewedu is vegetable.we also av fruits.we dont just call them all food!NO TIME TO CHECK TIME!GOOD DAY!!
Re: Yoruba Girl Eats Igbo Food (abacha) For The First Time (pics, Video) by TobiArchy(m): 12:33pm On Jun 07, 2021
Hello guys... I'm a young Nigerian in my twenties striving in the foodstuff business in Nigeria.Found out lately that there is a huge market demand for Nigerian foodstuff in the global market not only amongst Nigerians in diaspora but also by other Africans living abroad...I'm currently doing a survey of types of foodstuffs in high demand abroad, trying to find ways/"METHODS" of exporting this foodstuffs with "LESS" capital, current market price (abroad)... I'm also trying to find CONNECTS,PLUGS...people I can send to directly for resale, retail outlets or direct consumers...So if you reside outside Nigeria and you are up for a challenge that I feel should pay in the long run or you reside in Nigeria and you have one or two contributions or advice abeg make we rub mind... PLEASE HELP.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Girl Eats Igbo Food (abacha) For The First Time (pics, Video) by sniper77(m): 10:40pm On Jun 19, 2021
Blitz888:

Oga you be complete package.

Your full day's meal na local delicacy... Enjoyment no go kii you oh.

I love that you eat those meal with relish.

Nsala with mangala on pounded yam is a richman's delicacy... During new yam festival it's the meal of choice in my village especially at nights after we must have had roasted yam with palm oil and ukpaka/ugba!

Thank you my brother enjoyment no go kill me cos I like good food. I cannot come and kill myself cos man must flex and forget about Buhari wahala sometimes.

I forgot to add say in the evenings I hang out in a bar to take some few bottles with goat meat and vegetable sauce at Abakpa-Nike lake road and sometimes I take my Nkwobi at 10 over 10 bar and restaurant while I take my cow tail pepper soup at a joint in a car wash off independence layout road.E get one joint off abakpa nike lake road before access bank wey dey sell local chicken well sauced with pepper.

Catfish pepper soup na for brifina and barbecued fish na for new berries

And I prefer mixing oha and bitter leaf soup to take my eba and strictly okro soup with semo at a restaurant behind enugu sports club.

Enugu na my resort centre for vacation.

My brother Enugu amaka.I don mark my calendar dis year.If army like make dem mount 50 checkpoints I go enter enugu for my vacation.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Girl Eats Igbo Food (abacha) For The First Time (pics, Video) by Xavie(m): 5:58pm On Jun 20, 2021
bro4u:
Far better than the hydraulic soups in the waste side.
grin grin grin no be small hydraulic soup
Re: Yoruba Girl Eats Igbo Food (abacha) For The First Time (pics, Video) by ursullalinda(f): 5:23pm On Jun 24, 2021
Liposure:
Exactly. Very nice. happy new month

Sorry just seeing this ohh.....Hope you are good and pushing hard?
Re: Yoruba Girl Eats Igbo Food (abacha) For The First Time (pics, Video) by Liposure: 10:20pm On Jun 24, 2021
ursullalinda:

Sorry just seeing this ohh.....Hope you are good and pushing hard?
all is well. God bless you

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Girl Eats Igbo Food (abacha) For The First Time (pics, Video) by ursullalinda(f): 12:24pm On Jun 29, 2021
Liposure:
all is well. God bless you

Bless you too
Re: Yoruba Girl Eats Igbo Food (abacha) For The First Time (pics, Video) by Probz(m): 3:12pm On Jul 10, 2021
Cherez:

If you grew up in the East you should know that back in the day we don't do tomato stew but "ofe akwu" unlike the yorubas whose soup too has a blend of tomatoes
Infact the use of tomatoes in Igboland is foreign; none of our local meals originally has anything like tomatoes
Go to any yoruba restaurant watch how they prepare their own to Igbos
Yorubas add more oil and fry to high dryness

It has to be said that it’s not all Igbos who ate/eat ofe akwu as part of their native food. Only Anambra (and maybe Delta Igbo) people. And even some parts of Anambra never used to eat it (Awka for one). The rice cuisine of Nnewi isn’t the rice cuisine of all of ala Igbo.

Ofe akwu is completely foreign to Imo and Abia State Igbos. I don’t know what they knew before stew and jollof rice (in the conventional way that all Nigerians know today) but it certainly wasn’t banga stew.
Re: Yoruba Girl Eats Igbo Food (abacha) For The First Time (pics, Video) by Probz(m): 8:35am On Oct 06, 2021
Blitz888:
You're asking if I have ever eaten my own native delicacy?

Please, ensure you do justice to that ugba!

Enugu has the best Abacha and okpa.

I am an Anambrarian though!

Anambra state in general is very useless when it comes to okpa and abacha. The only place I know of in Anambra that can get it right is Awka and that’s because ndi Oka are actually Waawa-lite people (as refined as they are compared to Enugu Waawa people).

Wetin concern Ihilia and Nnewi with correct African salad?
Re: Yoruba Girl Eats Igbo Food (abacha) For The First Time (pics, Video) by Probz(m): 8:38am On Oct 06, 2021
Hndrrxxx:
Igbo people that took pride in eating smelly rotten FUFU what's so special about their delicacies shocked shocked

At least we’re not the ones who take pride in eating green hydraulic waste in the name of soup (aka ewedu).

Ondo na Ekiti people dey try wello (and possibly Osun) but every other state in Yorubaland aren’t that great as far as food goes generally. The only things they can nail are rice, akara and moi-moi (kind of) and those foods aren’t even purely theirs.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Girl Eats Igbo Food (abacha) For The First Time (pics, Video) by Probz(m): 8:41am On Oct 06, 2021
luizkyworld:
What's so special about yoruba girl eating igbo food? Igbos & hausas eat amala without making noise

Yoruba and Edo native foods aren’t really that brilliant compared to Igbo food (with Hausa food being even worse with the exception of kilishi and suya, assuming those staples are even Hausa per se). Everyone knows that Igbo food is more sought-for among Nigerians across all corners. Just face it. No other ethnic group in Nigeria has as much variety as Igbos as far as food goes.

Don’t get me wrong about Yorubas though (in any case these people are some of our closest family friends so I’m not just shading them for the sake of ignorant, tribalistic shading). Like I said nearer the bottom of this thread they’re pretty darn good at what they’re good at (party/owambe jollof being one of them, but even that’s kind of losing its touch) and they’re far from the worst overall but their soups outside certain regions are nowhere to be seen or identified with. Only Ondo/Ekiti/interior Osun stuff and efo riro are of any real merit. The rest is just hogwash next to ofe onugbu/okazi/nsala and I feel like they all know that deep down.

Doesn’t mean I won’t entertain abula (so long as the ewedu component looks at least somewhat palatable) but the average conc.-conc. eastern Igbo wouldn’t want to touch that stuff with a bargepole.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Girl Eats Igbo Food (abacha) For The First Time (pics, Video) by Probz(m): 8:44am On Oct 06, 2021
Hezmatosky:
Yoruba has the worst kind of food in Nigeria. But they have the best party entertainment when it comes to food. Their meat okpocious!

Pretty much. Ondo and Ekiti people are pretty skilled when it comes to cooking (starting with pounded yam and egusi - they cook theirs almost the same way Igbos tend to like theirs), though. Other Yorubas not so much. For the rest their culinary expertise are their takes on rice, moi-moi (just about), akara, party chops (including chin-chin and puff-puff), asaro when it’s not too oily and just stuff like that but those foods are just general Nigerian foods anyway (individual regions/ethnic groups have somewhat different takes on jollof rice and generalised yam porridge but not a huge deal) and when it comes to their soups they just don’t have much. They’re definitely good at what they’re good at but overall Igbos are far ahead when it comes to food.

I don’t think I mentioned how peng efo riro was the other time (a soup I class as quite Ekiti-ish anyway) but that too as far as delicacies go. I really like it.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Girl Eats Igbo Food (abacha) For The First Time (pics, Video) by Probz(m): 8:52am On Oct 06, 2021
Dagger111:
Abacha means nonsense in yoruba.

Doesn’t stop them flocking up in herds to eat it and add hot roundabout additions.
Re: Yoruba Girl Eats Igbo Food (abacha) For The First Time (pics, Video) by Probz(m): 3:34pm On Mar 02, 2022
Probz:

Anambra state in general is very useless when it comes to okpa and abacha. The only place I know of in Anambra that can get it right is Awka and that’s because ndi Oka are actually Waawa-lite people (as refined as they are compared to Enugu Waawa people).

Wetin concern Ihilia and Nnewi with correct African salad?

And by Awka I guess I’m referring to the broader region which includes the likes of Enugu-Ukwu and the like. The Non-Nri side of the northern Anambra periphery as a whole do pretty darn good with abacha as far as I know but that’s pretty much where it ends. Aguleri, Nnewi and Agukwu-Nri people by default do a lot better with onugbu and ofe akwu. And okpa doesn’t even register with them (and probably not even in the entirety of Anambra State as a whole minus the Awka-Ukwu region).
Re: Yoruba Girl Eats Igbo Food (abacha) For The First Time (pics, Video) by OgaSeun: 12:07pm On Jul 13, 2022
The day I chop that Abacha...
I regret am
Re: Yoruba Girl Eats Igbo Food (abacha) For The First Time (pics, Video) by Probz(m): 3:16am On Oct 02, 2022
theFilmtric:

Okpa is breadfruit
It is cooked/fried everywhere in Nigeria including the West

I think you’re confusing okpa with ukwa.
Re: Yoruba Girl Eats Igbo Food (abacha) For The First Time (pics, Video) by Probz(m): 3:20am On Oct 02, 2022
Blitz888:
You're asking if I have ever eaten my own native delicacy?

Please, ensure you do justice to that ugba!

Enugu has the best Abacha and okpa.

I am an Anambrarian though!

That’s true for okpa (although Awka, being technical Wa/a/wa-lite territory, gives 042/Nsukka/Oji-River folk a good run for their money) but as far as abacha goes certain parts of Abia and southern-Ebonyi states (most-notably around the Afikpo/Edda area) do abacha much-better (and, again, Awka-folk are pretty-darn good). Non-Awka Anambrarians are comparatively-useless when it comes-to decent ’cha-ncha, I agree. But just know that Enugu being the most-obvious progenitor of these snacks (which, sef, I don’t-even think is uniformly-true for abacha) doesn’t automatically make them the best.

All-that being said Enug(w)u-Ukwu is probably a fine contender when it comes to igba-042 (okpa-Bambara) and abacha. That’s definitely the case when it comes to ukwa (between Nri-Awka and Enugwu-Ukwu no-one makes a finer breadfruit porridge in all of Nigeria). Everyone-else in Anambra is probably better sticking with onugbu and nsala only as far as renowned well-known state-staples go. Ndu-Nnewi couldn’t okpa-cook their way out-of a Mr-Biggs bag. A Yoruba from the western-third of Kogi State could probably do a better job. For-real, even.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Buys Smoked Fish Stuffed With Cartons In Lagos (video) / I Bought This Cheap Food For #800 Only Here In Lagos / If You Have Ever Eaten Any Of These Foods, You Are Old!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.