Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,073 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:28 PM

Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity (22791 Views)

Food Crisis: Maize, Sorghum Prices Drop As Major Feed Producers Suspend Purchase / Onion Traders Threaten To Cut Supply To Southern Nigeria Monday / Throwback Post Of Jonathan When He Visited North East Over Insecurity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity by Prettyclown: 5:59am On Jun 03, 2021
All this mekunu mekako people, no know as e de do dem for body.

First, it was blockage of food to the SW and now it happening in d SE also, av de also forgotten how de stopped us from eating meat in Lagos, abeg did we die? cool

De forget say their food products, nah Yoruba and Ibos de consume am pass.

DEM GO TIRE
Re: Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity by ismodiwa(m): 5:59am On Jun 03, 2021
temitope27:
Wetin my brothers go come dey chop nw grin
Oil �
Re: Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity by Seun360(m): 6:00am On Jun 03, 2021
This people always play the victim card, your people looted a whole trailer load of onions, none of your activists called them out, burnted down 2 trucks loaded with palm oil, razed police stations, media houses, killed security officials, burnt INEC offices in the region, killed a prominent northern politician, none of your activists called them out nor condemn them.
Even the social political group, Ohanize Ndigbo couldn't even condemn them.

They wan change am for una, Una begin shout genocide.
For me, they should grant them their Biafra so they can all leave the Southwest region.

3 Likes

Re: Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity by Minjim: 6:01am On Jun 03, 2021
Armaggedon:
Op report it well "Onions suppliers end their own means of livelihood over insecurity in SE"

Only in Nigeria does a business man count his market privileged to have him instead of the other way. These fools think upside down and only do well in advertising their stupidity. For goodness sake, you have no choice. You can't sell this to neighbouring countries who have a small market, weak demand, weaker currency and whose products are even cheaper.

Onions is not an essential commodity and even if it were, cheaper products will still come in from the borders. Fools are still struggling to come to terms with the fact that sharing a country with them is the greatest privilege they will enjoy.

Fool!
They only stop supply to the east.
And expect other biz merchant to do same.

They still have the rest of Nig

No wonder onions are so cheap in Lagos. I bought about 15 big ones for #300
Re: Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity by GreaterFuture(m): 6:02am On Jun 03, 2021
Onions available for Sale. Jumbo bags and sacks, over 30 bags
WhatsApp me via the Numbers in my Signature
Re: Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity by Elyonherbal: 6:03am On Jun 03, 2021
See how you think..what a pity
Golan007:
The ones they stole the other day should sustain them for a while.

Why do they even need onions?

1 Like

Re: Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity by temitope27(m): 6:05am On Jun 03, 2021
ismodiwa:

Oil �
dem no even get the oil, abi u dey talk of palm oil? grin
Re: Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity by temitope27(m): 6:08am On Jun 03, 2021
safetyInspector:
How much of the plating are Qatar, UAE and even Saudi doing yet food is cheaper in those countries. Purchasing power is the deal.
non of this countries import food oga, they with there little available lands, and so they don't even av so much population like the igbos that's y u don't see them every part of the world like flies
Re: Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity by Sicilyjoe: 6:09am On Jun 03, 2021
See what mbaise people caused, first they eat fulani cow and rochas paid for it and now they hijacked trucks of onions again
Re: Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity by Magmata: 6:20am On Jun 03, 2021
IPIGSRMUMUS:

Buyer is king when there's something to buy.
Buyer will be hungry when there's nothing to buy even with money in hand.

People nowadays say things without proper thinking. They have no idea how useless and valueless money can be when there's nothing to buy with it.

I pray such situation doesn't arise where men will prefer a small loaf of bread to a million naira.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity by kcnwaigbo: 6:22am On Jun 03, 2021
Seun360:
This people always play the victim card, your people looted a whole trailer load of onions, none of your activists called them out, burnted down 2 trucks loaded with palm oil, razed police stations, media houses, killed security officials, killed a prominent northern politician, none of your activists called them out.

For me, they should grant them their Biafra so they can all leave the Southwest region.

Support biafra and put an end to your misery.Everyone should be on their own.SS/SE/SW

4 Likes

Re: Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity by kcnwaigbo: 6:25am On Jun 03, 2021
Magmata:

People nowadays say things without proper thinking. They have no idea how useless and valueless money can be when there's nothing to buy with it.

I pray such situation doesn't arise where men will prefer a small loaf of bread to a million naira.
Let's see who will brink first.To hell with your onions.Kindly include your cattles with it biko

3 Likes

Re: Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 6:26am On Jun 03, 2021
I can't ever remember anyone cooking onions and eating is as breakfast, lunch or dinner. Or even as a snack.

1 Like

Re: Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity by Guyman02: 6:26am On Jun 03, 2021
temitope27:
how you wan take plant with ur land wey no reach half of borno state and 30 million population. Shey no be hunger go kill my brothers nw
Thousands have died over cows trekking from Zamfara to Enugu, Netherlands is not as big as Borno but the Peak and Three crowns milk you drink in Nigeria comes from there and not from your kwashiorkored Bororo cows, this is common sense

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity by hansomb: 6:26am On Jun 03, 2021
ExpertEDITOR:

These Fulani overrated themselves. cheesy

Them never learn lesson from their recent unfortunate escapades.

Buyers is the king.
not for food and medicine. Go tell your doctor say patient na king.
Re: Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity by Basher8583: 6:29am On Jun 03, 2021
ExpertEDITOR:

These Fulani overrated themselves. cheesy

Them never learn lesson from their recent unfortunate escapades.

Buyers is the king.

See theif regarding himself as a buyer.
North produce food.

What do you produce to make you important to the Nation other that baby factory and hard drugs.

SE is too parasitic. I will not consider bring food stuff to a region that can bankrupt me through stealling of my produce planed to be sold. Once SE is blacklisted from trading you guys will start the wailing again calling UN, POTUS etc
Re: Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity by Paretomaster1(m): 6:30am On Jun 03, 2021
EasternActivist:
See these ones grin

Are the onions not bought cheesy

Bought like the ones hijacked, and sold at a giveaway price ?
Re: Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity by kcnwaigbo: 6:31am On Jun 03, 2021
Basher8583:

See theif regarding himself as a buyer.
North produce food.

What do you produce to make you important to the Nation other that baby factory and hard drugs.

SE is too parasitic. I will not consider bring food stuff to a region that can bankrupt me through stealling of my produce planed to be sold. Once SE is blacklisted from trading you guys will start the wailing again calling UN, POTUS etc
Oga abeg make we hear word jare!! Which major food items do you produce? With the exception of food supplements like Onions and Tomatoes which other major food is produced alone in the North?
Re: Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity by maasoap(m): 6:31am On Jun 03, 2021
Armaggedon:
Op report it well "Onions suppliers end their own means of livelihood over insecurity in SE"

Only in Nigeria does a business man count his market privileged to have him instead of the other way. These fools think upside down and only do well in advertising their stupidity. For goodness sake, you have no choice. You can't sell this to neighbouring countries who have a small market, weak demand, weaker currency and whose products are even cheaper.

In other words, they should have kept bringing it to your region so that your brothers could keep on hijacking the trucks at gun point? I read your rant but didn't see where you condemned the action of your brothers. You're as sick mentally as your brothers robbing the trucks.

Onions is not an essential commodity and even if it were, cheaper products will still come in from the borders. Fools are still struggling to come to terms with the fact that sharing a country with them is the greatest privilege they will enjoy.

Onion is not an essential commodity but your idiotic brothers who don't know how to cultivate it were robbing trucks load of onions? It is onions for now, may be yam, maize, beans, etc will join too if this criminal behaviour continues. It's getting interesting already

1 Like

Re: Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity by samstels: 6:32am On Jun 03, 2021
Rubbish talk .

Let them keep the onions .It will spoil and let us see who will loose .

Brainless people

1 Like

Re: Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity by kcnwaigbo: 6:33am On Jun 03, 2021
Minjim:

Fool!
They only stop supply to the east.
And expect other biz merchant to do same.

They still have the rest of Nig

No wonder onions are so cheap in Lagos. I bought about 15 big ones for #300
Lol Oga go ahead and start your ban let's see who will blink first.Kindly include tomatoes and cattle with it

1 Like

Re: Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity by TrackerXL: 6:33am On Jun 03, 2021
Nope it was not. Igbos looted the onion live n all Nigerians watched them as they did so.
EasternActivist:
See these ones grin

Re: Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity by maasoap(m): 6:34am On Jun 03, 2021
JackBaueress1:
So who will suffer the loss more? The onion producers or the people of SE?

Clearly, not bringing down for you people to rob at gunpoint is a better option. What do you think?

1 Like

Re: Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity by TrackerXL: 6:38am On Jun 03, 2021
Prof, is this latest theory also applicable to Igbo business abi like always it is a rule for the Igbos who switches side according to whatever they deem favorable at that particular time or is this your new theorem going to be universal.

We need to know so that when next Igbos start foaming in the mouth about Alaba n Ladipo market we can remind them that Prof Armaggedon "an Igbo" already declared Igbos should count themselves privileged Yoruba allowed them have those markets in their midst instead of Igbos boastung they should be worshipped because they dominate those market ?

Armaggedon:

Re: Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity by nengibo: 6:51am On Jun 03, 2021
temitope27:
how you wan take plant with ur land wey no reach half of borno state and 30 million population. Shey no be hunger go kill my brothers nw
And yet herdsmen can't graze in the north
Re: Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity by safetyInspector(m): 6:52am On Jun 03, 2021
Laughable. Saudi don't import food, are you the one planting the food for them in dessert? I have lived in UAE and Qatar, it is 3 times cheaper to import vegetable than to grow it in Qatar and UAE, of course the same will be applicable to Middle East Countries. In those countries getting rain fall up to 6 times in a year calls for celebration.
temitope27:
non of this countries import food oga, they with there little available lands, and so they don't even av so much population like the igbos that's y u don't see them every part of the world like flies
Re: Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity by fredoooooo: 6:57am On Jun 03, 2021
Omo onion stealing grin cheesy grin
Re: Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:59am On Jun 03, 2021
EasternActivist:
See these ones grin

They don't know that the king in a business is the one with money grin grin

They still need to take business lessons from Igbos

2 Likes

Re: Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity by xaggar(m): 7:00am On Jun 03, 2021
Seun360:
This people always play the victim card, your people looted a whole trailer load of onions, none of your activists called them out, burnted down 2 trucks loaded with palm oil, razed police stations, media houses, killed security officials, killed a prominent northern politician, none of your activists called them out.

Olodo!

Which palm oil are you talking about? Even if the activists called them out, would you have the means of knowing that they did since you can't watch all TV stations at the same time.
Re: Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity by 8stargeneral: 7:03am On Jun 03, 2021
Make Una keep Una Onions ...We don't need it,who go loose...Nonsense.
Re: Onion Producers Suspend Supply To South East Over Insecurity by Alwaysachick: 7:06am On Jun 03, 2021
Ha, wahala o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

APC Manifesto Spending Plan To Cost N53trn Over Four Years - Business Day / My Account Balance Is Less Than $10m – Patience Jonathan / 2019: Why Atiku Is Our Preferred Choice - Igbo Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.