Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,712 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:52 PM

Lagos To Build West Africa's Largest Tech Hub In Yaba - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos To Build West Africa's Largest Tech Hub In Yaba (20132 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Visits Kibera, Africa's Largest Slum (Photos) / Inside The Boko Haram Bomb Making Hub In Sambisa Forest(video) / PHOTOS: Osinbajo Meets Nigerian Girls That Won World Largest Tech Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos To Build West Africa's Largest Tech Hub In Yaba by jneutron4000: 8:08am On Jun 03, 2021
November24:

Ok sir,I will do my research
Please do Sir, you will find out lots of revealing truths. Usen people till date speaks Ife dialect Yoruba. Ife is a very ancient place where empires and kingdoms emancipated from, Herodotus even wrote about Ile Ife. The ceremony of the choosing of the next Olu of warri where Prince Tsola Emiko emerged, we saw very disgusting attitude and hatred of some (SOME) Benin against Yoruba, they had put an edit in place to sideline Yoruba forgetting that the blood of Yoruba runs through every Itsekiris, even though there are Igala and Idu/Igodomigodo blood too. The Ologosere of Warri, Ayiri was the one they were using to destabilise the Kingdom, thank God for the good people of Itsekiris
who stood and said No, that they are Yorubas, their ancestral lineage is not completed without mentioning Ile Ife, they speak and understand the Yoruba language so while will some people want us to discriminate against ourselves. That was how the whole thing was put under control, although I heard they have stolen the crown, but we are not bothered because we saw video of a some Benin guy claiming they will take the crown because it was Oba of Benin then that gave Olu Ginuwa the crown. Anyways Ooni, aalafin, Awujale, Aalake, and others will not fold their hands, they will get involved because the past Olu of Warri was a great man and he kept the blood relationship with the rest of them.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Build West Africa's Largest Tech Hub In Yaba by iyapont: 8:10am On Jun 03, 2021
temitope27:
There is one here in akure
pls where in akure,I want to visit
Re: Lagos To Build West Africa's Largest Tech Hub In Yaba by Vaughanlanrewaj: 8:11am On Jun 03, 2021
Lanrelagboi:

https://twitter.com/followlasg/status/1400187641291808775?s=19
You will never see Twitter here. Awon aje ni madaru. God bless Nigeria. God bless Lagos State
Re: Lagos To Build West Africa's Largest Tech Hub In Yaba by Topmaike007(m): 8:12am On Jun 03, 2021
jneutron4000:
Ekaladerhan story is falsehood by previous Oba Erediauwa. Some time last month Oba of Benin still celebrated the Ugue festival, Return of Odudua hahaha Oduduwa was never and did not step into Idu/Igodomigodo, it was Oranmiyan and some people from Ile Ife such as Usen people, that migrated into that land Idu Igodomigodo. We Yorubas tried to carry Benins along since your Oba ancestral link is from Ile Ife but envy made you rejected us twice, first in the call for your region in 1963 Majorly championed by Oba Akenzua and you showed us your rejection again when Tinubu pleaded will you to accept Pastor Ize iyamu so as to have APC, where Yoruba Hope to get control away from the Fulanis. So finally we Yorubas too have decided everyone goes there way, we do not need to disrespect people's decisions or force anyone to like us.
pls can you list those people on the pics there names and title are not clear/visible enough..

Thanks
Re: Lagos To Build West Africa's Largest Tech Hub In Yaba by miketayo(m): 8:16am On Jun 03, 2021
Then you will kill their business tomorrow
Re: Lagos To Build West Africa's Largest Tech Hub In Yaba by Topmaike007(m): 8:18am On Jun 03, 2021
Today's history class sweet me... Thank God Mrs November brought out story he/she no sabi well well...

Oodua agbewa oo
Re: Lagos To Build West Africa's Largest Tech Hub In Yaba by Teejay13(m): 8:24am On Jun 03, 2021
Lagos always leading the role for others to follow.

I like that.
Re: Lagos To Build West Africa's Largest Tech Hub In Yaba by Unie30: 8:24am On Jun 03, 2021
No body is considering building a mega farm to feed our growing population abi?

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Build West Africa's Largest Tech Hub In Yaba by Olutishe490(m): 8:27am On Jun 03, 2021
Only a fool will argue that Benin people owns Lagos, they aren't even close or neighboring states. To get to Lagos from Edo,you have to pass Ondo,Ogun in long distance journey and Ogun State completely covered Lagos left and right, so I don't understand these people with zero knowledge of map commenting nonsense. Maybe these fools will take some parts of Ondo and Ogun as Benin for them to get to Lagos... I'm not understanding these oo

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Build West Africa's Largest Tech Hub In Yaba by kingthreat(m): 8:51am On Jun 03, 2021
tobstarizhia:

Here you go making this a tribal thing again. I heard Osus were once slaves in Igbos. Well, I know I'm not descended from the "Osu" lineage or anything. Also, you're not remotely funny. I'm not laughing at your attempt at a joke. My question was directed to a Yoruba guy who made his tribal bigotry known in a post that had nothing to do with tribe but technology. I assume you're also a tribal bigotry even though you're from the South East. It doesn't exclude you from being a tribal bigot.

Oga go monitor ya girls wey una lock for bedroom. Now wey police don japa, baby factory must produce.
Re: Lagos To Build West Africa's Largest Tech Hub In Yaba by NwaforIgbo: 8:52am On Jun 03, 2021
My going to Yaba Tech is in order
Re: Lagos To Build West Africa's Largest Tech Hub In Yaba by clothingonline(m): 8:56am On Jun 03, 2021
Let’s the project be completed

Lagos need a stadium and 21st century event hall like 02 arena
Re: Lagos To Build West Africa's Largest Tech Hub In Yaba by jneutron4000: 8:56am On Jun 03, 2021
Topmaike007:
pls can you list those people on the pics there names and title are not clear/visible enough..

Thanks
Awujale of Ijebu. Oba Adesanya Agbelegua (L.S)
Aalafin of Oyo. Oba Olagigbolu ( Second to the Left Side(L.S)
Ooni of Ife. Oba Adesoji Aderemi( Middle )
Governor general of Nigeria. (Middle)
Oba of Benin. Omo Noba, Nedu Oba Akenzua ( Second to the R.S)
Alake of Egbe. Oba Ladapo Ademola.(R.S).
Note
Very few Benin people actually know the true meaning and the origin of the name OmoNoba Nedo Uku apollo.
The title Omo ni Oba came as a result because when Oranmiyan left, he had a son from a lady from that land Idu/Igodomigodo, he then started the Obaship dynasty, it was Oranmiyan that started it, so he left that land, and when form and kingship in Oyo ile, so It was not possible he be at different places at the same time, so the child Eweka had to be the Oba, so amongst the community in Oselu corrupted to Iselu which means the making or organisation of a government or traditional institutions and rulership the echo of Omo ni Oba ni Edo know used as a title OmoNoba Nedo just like in the case of the Itehkiris too, their Prince is also refer to Omoba which mean child of the king or in simple term Prince. Some Benins who are very close to the palace knows all this historical facts, but they choose to twist the narrative for different reasons which one is the fear of the Ogisos/Ogiamen descendants challenging the Oba of Benin traditional institutions. There is a treaty called the Ekiokpagha treaty between the Obaship (Oba of Benin) and the Ogiamen ( Ogisos dynasty) which the Oba do not want to follow anymore in fact they have extended and expanded by creating Dukedom in very territory of the Idu Igodomigodo land.

https://greatbenin.org/treaties/the-ekiokpagha-treaty/

4 Likes

Re: Lagos To Build West Africa's Largest Tech Hub In Yaba by Abdulrahman4ng(m): 9:07am On Jun 03, 2021
November24:
Bini owns Lagos but Juju nor let development spread come our side.
U well so??
Re: Lagos To Build West Africa's Largest Tech Hub In Yaba by Revolva(m): 9:09am On Jun 03, 2021
Sanwo olu is busy forming tech geek his roads are bad in almost every LCDA and he can't even do sometin bout Infrastructure maintenance
Re: Lagos To Build West Africa's Largest Tech Hub In Yaba by Hespee93: 9:12am On Jun 03, 2021
FreeSpirited:
As usual we all know how it usually pans out.
Building with no equipment and administrative functionalities.

Another white elephant project to construct empty building, siphon money, which will never translate to any sustainable meaningful tech development.
..... symptoms of bad leadership at the helm of affairs

Ypu must be PDP supporter, but anyways continue to wail grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Build West Africa's Largest Tech Hub In Yaba by Onogiede(m): 9:18am On Jun 03, 2021
jneutron4000:

Awujale of Ijebu. Oba Adesanya Agbelegua (L.S)
Aalafin of Oyo. Oba Olagigbolu ( Second to the Left Side(L.S)
Ooni of Ife. Oba Adesoji Aderemi( Middle )
Governor general of Nigeria. (Middle)
Oba of Benin. Omo Noba, Nedu Oba Akenzua ( Second to the R.S)
Alake of Egbe. Oba Ladapo Ademola.(R.S).
Note
Very few Benin people actually know the true meaning and the origin of the name OmoNoba Nedo Uku apollo.
The title Omo ni Oba came as a result because when Oranmiyan left, he had a son from a lady from that land Idu/Igodomigodo, he then started the Obaship dynasty, it was Oranmiyan that started it, so he left that land, and when form and kingship in Oyo ile, so It was not possible he be at different places at the same time, so the child Eweka had to be the Oba, so amongst the community in Oselu corrupted to Iselu which means the making or organisation of a government or traditional institutions and rulership the echo of Omo ni Oba ni Edo know used as a title OmoNoba Nedo just like in the case of the Itehkiris too, their Prince is also refer to Omoba which mean child of the king or in simple term Prince. Some Benins who are very close to the palace knows all this historical facts, but they choose to twist the narrative for different reasons which one is the fear of the Ogisos/Ogiamen descendants challenging the Oba of Benin traditional institutions. There is a treaty called the Ekiokpagha treaty between the Obaship (Oba of Benin) and the Ogiamen ( Ogisos dynasty) which the Oba do not want to follow anymore in fact they have extended and expanded by creating Dukedom in very territory of the Idu Igodomigodo land.

https://greatbenin.org/treaties/the-ekiokpagha-treaty/
all this are been sweet to hear due to the fact you are a Yoruba,.. it's very easy in turning it to your favorite part,.. continue because average Benin have move beyond this level.
Re: Lagos To Build West Africa's Largest Tech Hub In Yaba by Enyimbafc: 9:24am On Jun 03, 2021
Merchant247:
They are coming to come and nag as usual over this good development.
No be by 2x2 shops grin angry
Those 2by2 shops are building mansions and duplexes in their various states while ur skullphiscated afonja cities is littered with brown roofs and mud houses highest in Africa.
Re: Lagos To Build West Africa's Largest Tech Hub In Yaba by 9jaRealist: 9:34am On Jun 03, 2021
Lanrelagboi:

https://twitter.com/followlasg/status/1400187641291808775?s=19

EKO O NI BAJE! cool
Lagos Leads, others struggle to follow.

>
Re: Lagos To Build West Africa's Largest Tech Hub In Yaba by 9jaRealist: 9:36am On Jun 03, 2021
Revolva:
Sanwo olu is busy forming tech geek his roads are bad in almost every LCDA and he can't even do sometin bout Infrastructure maintenance

What are you babbling on about?
Lagos has the most active road projects in Nigeria!
https://www.nairaland.com/6566520/sanwo-olu-list-achievements-works-2
>
Re: Lagos To Build West Africa's Largest Tech Hub In Yaba by 9jaRealist: 9:38am On Jun 03, 2021
JohnSin97:
Slowly but surely..... Binis once asked a Yoruba man and his descendants to be their king.....that saw the raise of the Benin kingdom from a tiny village to an influencial kingdom....last time a Yoruba man (tinubu) tried helping you pick a leader you said no that you want to go with obaseki who's family are historically bini traitors.........heard he isn't paying workers salaries and he's beating workers up....#Edo nor be lagos.

Tinubu helped pick out Bubu Buhari....
And that hasn’t exactly worked out, has it?!

>
Re: Lagos To Build West Africa's Largest Tech Hub In Yaba by tobstarizhia(m): 9:59am On Jun 03, 2021
kingthreat:

Oga go monitor ya girls wey una lock for bedroom. Now wey police don japa, baby factory must produce.

You're not making any sense. Obviously I'm conversing with an illiterate.
Re: Lagos To Build West Africa's Largest Tech Hub In Yaba by kingthreat(m): 10:01am On Jun 03, 2021
tobstarizhia:

You're not making any sense. Obviously I'm conversing with an illiterate.

Illiterate means someone who doesn't know how to read or write
I simply wanted you to go and manage your baby factory business.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Build West Africa's Largest Tech Hub In Yaba by theFilmtric: 10:02am On Jun 03, 2021
tobstarizhia:

I know fools like you will still bring Igbos into this. What is wrong with you?
You are the problem sir
"Igbo" means marijuana in Yoruba

4 Likes

Re: Lagos To Build West Africa's Largest Tech Hub In Yaba by hustla(m): 10:07am On Jun 03, 2021
tobstarizhia:

I know fools like you will still bring Igbos into this. What is wrong with you?

Igbo = Weed

Tribalistic ass wipe is what you are smh

Na ya papa be fool

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Build West Africa's Largest Tech Hub In Yaba by hustla(m): 10:07am On Jun 03, 2021
theFilmtric:

You are the problem sir
"Igbo" means marijuana in Yoruba

Na nut job
Re: Lagos To Build West Africa's Largest Tech Hub In Yaba by temitope27(m): 11:20am On Jun 03, 2021
iyapont:
pls where in akure,I want to visit
opposite dome
Re: Lagos To Build West Africa's Largest Tech Hub In Yaba by beyondPen(m): 11:25am On Jun 03, 2021
MrMaestro:
Yoruba Nation's next tech billionaires will be made in Lagos. We need a competitor to Nairaland honestly, this site is stale. Kudos to the Flutterwave and Paystack guys.

God Bless Yorubas
God Bless Yorubaland

Very correct!
If implemented, this will boom our Tech Sector magnanimously.
There will be rise of youtubers, software entrepreneurs, tech and non tech start ups, bloggers, others. Likewise; foreigners will flock Lagos.
What we need to boost other Nigeria's sectors is Stable power supply and internet connection.

Indeed, Lagos lead! Others follow!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Build West Africa's Largest Tech Hub In Yaba by farem: 11:39am On Jun 03, 2021
FreeSpirited:
As usual we all know how it usually pans out.
Building with no equipment and administrative functionalities.

Another white elephant project to construct empty building, siphon money, which will never translate to any sustainable meaningful tech development.
..... symptoms of bad leadership at the helm of affairs

See dem...

Re: Lagos To Build West Africa's Largest Tech Hub In Yaba by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jun 03, 2021
Sammy07:

We have 3 major tech hubs in Akure

One is meant for Artificial Intelligence, Renewable Energy, and Cyber Security

Another is meant for programming and other sort of coding, graphics sha

The 3 tech hubs
One is in Futa
Think the other is opposite dome I think
I don't know where the other is (he produces dome)

We even have anqanhub in ibadan

Cool.

Where in Ibadan?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kwara: JTF Intercepts Migrating Herders In Their Hundreds / Cracks In APC Deepen As Moves Against Adamu Thicken / Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.