Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,456 members, 7,781,314 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:20 PM

My Dad Said Something This Morning That Made Me Proud Of Him - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Dad Said Something This Morning That Made Me Proud Of Him (2744 Views)

My Breakfast This Morning (picture) / Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord / Proud Dad Made 6 Month Baby Food In 5 Minutes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Dad Said Something This Morning That Made Me Proud Of Him by definitelyME(m): 8:10am On Jun 03, 2021
we were listening to the news this morning(family of seven).. stories of insecurity every where, and the fear of war looming...then my dad said in pidgin:

"Any how wey this country like make ee dey,if them like sef make them start the war now now now... All I know be sey and long as long as God and money dey, we go dey fine, nonsense..."

I smiled so hard...I felt so proud and felt like hugging him instantly mehn....

8 Likes

Re: My Dad Said Something This Morning That Made Me Proud Of Him by Jashub: 8:13am On Jun 03, 2021
True talk
Re: My Dad Said Something This Morning That Made Me Proud Of Him by money121(m): 8:36am On Jun 03, 2021
definitelyME:
we were listening to the news this morning(family of seven).. stories of insecurity every where, and the fear of war looming...then my dad said in pidgin:

"Any how wey this country like make ee dey,if them like sef make them start the war now now now... All I know be sey and long as long as God and money dey, we go dey fine, nonsense..."

Ok
Re: My Dad Said Something This Morning That Made Me Proud Of Him by gasparpisciotta: 8:41am On Jun 03, 2021
Hmmm!!!
War is not good ooo, money will be useless.
We only pray that God forbids the outbreak of war in Nigeria.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Said Something This Morning That Made Me Proud Of Him by Jesse6(m): 8:44am On Jun 03, 2021
My guy they don't know
A time will come u can't do anything with your money
gasparpisciotta:
Hmmm!!!
War is not good ooo, money will be useless.
We only pray that God forbids the outbreak of war in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: My Dad Said Something This Morning That Made Me Proud Of Him by Mikester: 9:07am On Jun 03, 2021
I do say such too (except the war part) whenever people around me complain about the devastating state of Nigeria.

My words were actually "No matter how terrible Nigeria becomes, I and my loved ones will not be among those crying and lamenting but will thrive among those who are rejoicing."

We need to understand that no one really cares about us, and our well-being is solely dependent on us and us alone. Feeling entitled to anyone's support or offers will only put you in a large book of lamentations, stagnacy and outright debiliy...and waiting on the government will eventually clothe you in poverty.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Said Something This Morning That Made Me Proud Of Him by Aurelius1(m): 9:37am On Jun 03, 2021
You dad has never experienced war that's why he is indifferent. Ask any aged igbo man how it was during the Biafra war and he'll tell you that money becomes useless in times of war. Who wan sell for you when everybody dey run to save him life?

10 Likes

Re: My Dad Said Something This Morning That Made Me Proud Of Him by rooftops: 12:13pm On Jun 03, 2021
You are a real son of your father, you both think alike. So if North and South East start war, where will he get onion pepper tomatoes that he wants to use that his money to buy or does he think banks will open in such region?.

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Said Something This Morning That Made Me Proud Of Him by Stallion93(m): 12:44pm On Jun 03, 2021
so that means your Dad does not care about the people affected by the rot in the country as long as he has MOney and he thinks he can personalize God. He better plan way to throw y'all out of the country because e dan already dey reach everybody whether Christian, Muslim or Pagan sef

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Said Something This Morning That Made Me Proud Of Him by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jun 03, 2021
Na noise Una dey make.

If the rabba really dey, Una no go dey this country by now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Dad Said Something This Morning That Made Me Proud Of Him by armadeo(m): 4:30pm On Jun 03, 2021
War isnt good. At all.

Desth stalks the battle field and does not discriminate.
Re: My Dad Said Something This Morning That Made Me Proud Of Him by GboyegaD(m): 4:36pm On Jun 03, 2021
The money part is funny. It tells how we think about money.
Re: My Dad Said Something This Morning That Made Me Proud Of Him by Roma10: 9:35pm On Jun 03, 2021
that's not enough he could have just said he hold your account number off heart Incas
Re: My Dad Said Something This Morning That Made Me Proud Of Him by meobizy(f): 9:44pm On Jun 03, 2021
If the leaders like, they should start a war -- it will only add to the many stories I'll tell my future children and grandchildren. Honestly, there is nothing to gain from combat and that is why we haven't gone that route since 1969.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Said Something This Morning That Made Me Proud Of Him by Raalsalghul: 6:02am On Jun 04, 2021
definitelyME:

Out of respect for your father, I'll reserve my comment.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Said Something This Morning That Made Me Proud Of Him by Coldplay007(f): 6:12am On Jun 04, 2021
definitelyME:

You and your father do not understand war, or the concept of war.
Re: My Dad Said Something This Morning That Made Me Proud Of Him by Raalsalghul: 6:49am On Jun 04, 2021
Coldplay007:

You and your father do not understand war, or the concept of war.

Thank you! Me thinks the both of them are naive.
Re: My Dad Said Something This Morning That Made Me Proud Of Him by patorial(m): 8:22am On Jun 04, 2021
What money is he talking about when he won't go to work anymore, there won't be petrol except the black market. Banks too won't be there.

I think your father didn't listen to the story of 1967.
My father told me alot, and I've made up my mind to fight for my generation same war my father fought for his family. I won't run to anywhere if war comes. If you run then who will protect your own.
Re: My Dad Said Something This Morning That Made Me Proud Of Him by crackhaus: 10:57am On Jun 04, 2021
What exactly is in that statement to be proud of?
Re: My Dad Said Something This Morning That Made Me Proud Of Him by ibechris(m): 11:02am On Jun 04, 2021
Your was right.

Anything wey any body like make them talk. With money he can take u guys out of the country immediately the wahala starts.

That is true talk.

(1) (Reply)

If You're A Guy And Have Ever Been Raped, Get In Here And Share Your Story / Wanted: Someone To Talk To. Attractive Salary Included / My Loving Mother, What Has Changed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.