Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,839 members, 7,802,689 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:56 PM

Can Esim Be Activated On World Wide Unlocked Iphone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Can Esim Be Activated On World Wide Unlocked Iphone (1309 Views)

I Activated The MTN Esim Today / Differences Between A Factory, World Wide, And Chip Unlock Iphone? / I Want To Faint, MTN Night Plan Must Be Activated Twice Biko Or I Faint Today! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can Esim Be Activated On World Wide Unlocked Iphone by HisExcellence(m): 8:38am On Jun 03, 2021
Beautiful morning my Nairalanders,

I went to MTN office to Activate my eSIM on my UK Used iPhone 11 Pro in which was eligible for eSIM.

After so many hours I was called in for the process in which it wasn't successful.

But according to the lady that attended to me, she said, the eSIM was not successful because my phone was a UK Used that it only works on Brand New Phone's, because the previous owner may have activated the eSIM on the phone before.

According to what I read, if eSIM was activated on a phone, it can be deactivated or deleted, once it deactivated or deleted another person can registered or re-activated it.

For instance, assuming the eSIM was successfully Activated on my phone, once I deleted or deactivated my eSIM profile on the phone another person can reactivate his/her eSIM on the phone. Since mine has been deleted or deactivated.

Or I sold the phone, once have flash or reset the phone, another person can used the eSIM on the phone.

My Question is this: is it because my phone was World Wide Unlocked that's why the eSIM was not successfully Activated or it's the person that don't get the process or what?

Please input are very important.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Can Esim Be Activated On World Wide Unlocked Iphone by KrazyDave16(m): 8:56am On Jun 03, 2021
Hope that helps.

Also factory unlocked is way different from wwu.

Re: Can Esim Be Activated On World Wide Unlocked Iphone by AntoniosB: 4:30pm On Mar 29, 2023
Of course you can, because eSIM is supported by almost all iPhones with iOS 12.1 and newer. However, models with iOS 13 have DSDS technology. You can read more about activating eSIM in the article https://esim-man.com/how-to-activate-esim-on-iphone-step-by-step-instruction/

(1) (Reply)

Need a Windows Mobile Smartphone / Mtn Offers Free Weekend Calls / Operamini 5 Downloading/saving Access.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.