Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:27 PM

My Experience Searching For A Job (no Jokes) - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Experience Searching For A Job (no Jokes) (12568 Views)

Is God Punishing Me? No Job No Work No Hope? / No Job ,no Helper All Money Gone Nothing Again. Rip / The Job No One Wants In Nigeria: University Toilet Cleaners - Their Untold Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Searching For A Job (no Jokes) by Johnne32(m): 10:27am On Jun 03, 2021
I could have shared my story but I already did in other threads...lol.

Long story cut short, I was sacked during the corona period, could not get a job during that time, was frustrated and I started freelancing on Upwork.
Now I don't have to face employers issues and I am doing well financially.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Searching For A Job (no Jokes) by Nahunger(m): 10:34am On Jun 03, 2021
ecomalchemist:
Big congratulations to you my man.

In Nigeria, graduates who are worthy both in character and in learning are roaming all over the streets with no jobs, but hoodlums, illiterates, political thugs, mentally unstable people who were used to cause unrest during the election time are recruited into the police force by politicians. This is what we will continue to get in return.

If you are yet to get a job, you might want to read this.. .....

Cheers !!!

Let me give you a brotherly advice, and I hope you work on it...
First of all I counsel people and I have done that on nairaland for a while... I have met great and good guys...
I dropped a story about my experience teaching in two schools as a corper and would not mind partnering with schools in abuja, but some accused me of looking for teaching job... Never ever mind what people say...
Back to the matter...
As a graduate, teaching and earning 15k, e no bad... But once you have a good (android) phone, go to any car stand of your choice around your area... Listen well, any good car stand and ask to see the manager... Tell him you want to help him market his cars and get good buyers... 90% of car stand managers will sign u on... Tel him you will be paid a small commission after sales...
Pick up your phone, snap as many cars as your phone memory can take, open a dedicated twitter ac, IG ac, Facebook ac, WhatsApp ac, ac etc... Take out time to post this cars, make sure you have the actual prices of this cars... You can add as much as #250k on it... Bring down the negotiations to as low as making #50k if need be just so I can sell. Set your monthly target... I assure you, if you get I client in a month, u make around #100,000k once you start growing, you can get as much as 5-10 client from all over the country and that hits you over #1m for just helping others sell their cars, Note all you invested was your time, energy, phone and data... No big financial capital...
Do not restrict yourself to cars, go for industrial machines as well, caterpillars, mikano gens, any thing, then you look for those big companies that need them and try to call their attention to it or market it to them... You may not sell in 3 months but when you manage to get a client to buy just 1 caterpillars, my brother you will instantly forget that u suffered before...
A friend of mine was marketing a silo for a local wielder, he received a call all the way from kebbi state, the purchase was made in Ilorin, he made #1.8 mil from buyers and #400k from seller... He still got a referral from that deal. Wake up bro...
Within a month or two, come and pay (tite).
I drive uber/bolt in abuja, market cars, sell commodities such as beans, maize, wheat,
ginger,onions, name it... In bags and tonnes
And I make nothing less than half a mil monthly...We all blessed my nigga !

Reach me privately if you are interested in gadget importation and sales from US.

Whatsapp - 0.8.1.1.9.7.5.6.1.4.4

Omo thanks for this widsom
Re: My Experience Searching For A Job (no Jokes) by talk2hb1(m): 10:35am On Jun 03, 2021
Shoo
Re: My Experience Searching For A Job (no Jokes) by Zooposki(f): 10:42am On Jun 03, 2021
I did not read that long essay, but my advice to everyone is to learn a skill. A university degree sometimes can be overrated.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Searching For A Job (no Jokes) by Ingredient88(m): 10:42am On Jun 03, 2021
Robertkenny:
Egbeosa Sunday.

Looking way back in the year 2014, immediately when I finished my NYSC service, I was eager to look for a promising company that is organized and has a good service as well. Less I forget I studied accounting in Edo University Iyamho, before moving to Lagos to serve and plan for my future.

Back to my story.

I shared my c.v to some of my highly connected friends to help out in securing a job for me, which I waited for several months with no positive feedback from anyone of them. I was forced to connect with an HR company to get the best job, which I paid 10k for registration with an agreement of getting 10% off my salary for the first 6 months of my resume in office. They said the money will be used to check, monitor and secure my activities in the office including but not limited to health and any other problem I come across in the company. Sounds protective you will say!!

Of course I agreed, paid and signed the agreement form that was giving to me with a big smile on my face, I submitted my documents having believe of working in a big company. It’s over 3 months with no positive feedback call or text from the HR Company. All this while I have being staying at home doing nothing, rather been asked by my neighbors if there is NEPA light since morning.

I gave myself an extra 1 week before visiting to know the state of my job hunt. On getting to their office I was told the person in charge of my job search case is not on sit, is either I come back next time or wait for some minutes for his arrival. I had to wait knowing fully well there is nothing for me to do at home, I took a sitting position and sat for some minutes, I was bored so I took a nap, about an hour later I requested for the person in charge of my job hunt, immediately someone stepped in and introduced himself as Mr. Vincent “Infarct I just finished sharing some copies of your document to 8 companies that are actively seeking to recruit new workers, which I assure you will bring forth a good result, you don’t have to worry yourself coming over to check I will personally give you a call”. I was happy to hear this, so I requested for his mobile number in case of any question from my end, which he gave me without any second thought. Feeling excited I head home hoping to get the best job within few weeks or month.

Now it over 2 months after my visit with the HR company, I remembered collecting Mr. Vincent mobile number so I quickly gave him a call and immediately introduced myself and asked for my job search result, then he started saying things I don’t understand “Mr. Sunday I was about to call you now the Lord sees my heart, we’ve tried all the company within our reach, but they’re not actively employing for now. Don’t worry there are other company locations outside our reach which we have connections to other agencies that will effectively get you your dream job, I only need you to send me 10k to be able connect with other agencies around”. That right there got me angry I had to hang up the call to avoid insulting an elderly man. With the pain in me I had to take a walk round the street, thinking of what next to do if I don’t get a job soon.

This is really getting serious there are lots of thought going on in my heard right now that I cannot pick out the exact one. Walked straight to the field where many of our community youths come together to play and have fun. I sat alone on a bench far from the goalpost trying to figure out the right thing to do, after some minutes right there I made a stupid decision that I believe would work.

I stood up and held my thought strong believing it will work out fine, so I went back home took some money, went straight to the closest market bought two black polo round neck then went to a printer shop to print on the cloths. This was what I wrote on them “Am a graduate and I’m in need of a pleasant job”. Funny you say? But I did it.

Early in the morning am always at the bus-stop with my cloth on, waiting to take a bus that will lead me to a populated company location where I will start walking round in search of any office job opportunity. I did this for over 3 months without any good result, I thought of giving up this plan but I just spent 5k buying and printing on my cloths.

Then I tried the second week of my fourth month of searching for a job, on my way to an unknown location, an elderly woman well-dressed stopped me and asked, if what was written on my cloth was just for fun or am I really in search of a job? As a sharp guy I quickly answered her, I am in need of a job and I got lots of experience in accounting plus am a graduate. After long chat, she gave me her business card for an interview in her work place very early next week Monday, with a great smile on my face I said “Thank you ma” and she walked passed me.

Got to the company very early in the morning like she said, then I was directly interviewed by unknown men, they were four in number and very intelligent in asking questions. To cut the long story short, within 3 working days I was called to start work on Monday for the position of financial secretary with a monthly salary of 120k.

Guess what!! The woman that stopped me and gave me her business card is the current and forever the CEO of GoldStripe Company Limited.

Thank you Bogger for sharing my story.

How was your Job search like? Kindly share your story.
A bigger congratulations my brother, God that did your own will do mine, was shedding tears while going through your story, I'm just imagine what you might have been through, but all is well, is not your efforts that take you there o, but is Grace that have spoken for you,many did more dan all this still they are still at home, thinking maybe God as forgotten them, pls always give him thanks, and remember to always pay your tithe. Congratulations ones again.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Searching For A Job (no Jokes) by Issues2(m): 10:43am On Jun 03, 2021
Congratulations indeed everyone had a story to tell someday giving up is one of the bad thing to do

1 Like

Re: My Experience Searching For A Job (no Jokes) by tchidi066(f): 10:48am On Jun 03, 2021
igwe44:
I came to Abuja December 2018 without Knowing anyone, I paid for a selfcon 150k without having a job, January 2019 I got a teaching job of 20k, I tought for 6month before I got another job in an hotel with salary of 50k, work for almost one year before Corona virus came and we where ask to go, stayed at home for 7month. Got another job last year October in an hospital with salary of 110k. God has been faithful to me, just trust in God, it might not be easy but don't give up, keep believing and one day your story will change. Am still trusting God for more bigger jobs. No job is too small, start from somewhere, one day your time will come and always but your hope and faith in God never but your hope in men.
Waow, I'm going through this same phase you went through right now, but i won't give up

1 Like

Re: My Experience Searching For A Job (no Jokes) by AAbuja: 11:09am On Jun 03, 2021
Gotta keep trying
Re: My Experience Searching For A Job (no Jokes) by martinz23(m): 11:15am On Jun 03, 2021
Dicko1:
That was great,God by your side your determination and effort paid off.follow your mind in whatever good thing you believe it is possible.when when it gets tougher,never quit because good result is by the corner.
That was a great testimony.

Me too waited for so long ,inshort I was connected to a man from my state sometime 2011 through a sympathizer.the man asked me to come to Lagos after he had an agreement with the sympathizer to help me,I managed to look for transport to go to Lagos after calling the man ,as he said I should let him know when I get to Ojota.
On getting there in the afternoon.
I started calling him and he refuse to pick my call again ,I began to walk like a nomadic man .I called till evening ooo ,I had a second thought may be his was very busy ,then I decide to wait a little,to cut the story short ,I had to look for where to put my head in the night ,and the next day I started calling but he never picked.when it was clear to me that he was not ready to pick again.and I had no much on me ,I had to enter Soole to ibadan from ibadan to ondo looking for cheap vehicles.
When my sympathizer called him,he said did he force me to come before.very absurb statement coming from him.the woman just prayed for me and said God will reward me with a better job.after then I waited for years again trying different means .
different insult and embarrassment,a business woman I once work for said to me that don't you know 20k is your lord.and I was working for her like jerky.
When she latter heard of me doing well,she said she knew the guy is worth more than what he was doing then ,that he has big nature even when working under her

But glory to God now,I am earning Six digits in a federal job.
And still growing
Wow..I'm touched, God saw your desire to make good success and he granted it. Please sir I have been through alot in life and I'm in need of good Job. I will be happy if God use you for me.
Re: My Experience Searching For A Job (no Jokes) by Nobody: 11:19am On Jun 03, 2021
ecomalchemist:
Big congratulations to you my man.

In Nigeria, graduates who are worthy both in character and in learning are roaming all over the streets with no jobs, but hoodlums, illiterates, political thugs, mentally unstable people who were used to cause unrest during the election time are recruited into the police force by politicians. This is what we will continue to get in return.

If you are yet to get a job, you might want to read this.. .....

Cheers !!!

Let me give you a brotherly advice, and I hope you work on it...
First of all I counsel people and I have done that on nairaland for a while... I have met great and good guys...
I dropped a story about my experience teaching in two schools as a corper and would not mind partnering with schools in abuja, but some accused me of looking for teaching job... Never ever mind what people say...
Back to the matter...
As a graduate, teaching and earning 15k, e no bad... But once you have a good (android) phone, go to any car stand of your choice around your area... Listen well, any good car stand and ask to see the manager... Tell him you want to help him market his cars and get good buyers... 90% of car stand managers will sign u on... Tel him you will be paid a small commission after sales...
Pick up your phone, snap as many cars as your phone memory can take, open a dedicated twitter ac, IG ac, Facebook ac, WhatsApp ac, ac etc... Take out time to post this cars, make sure you have the actual prices of this cars... You can add as much as #250k on it... Bring down the negotiations to as low as making #50k if need be just so I can sell. Set your monthly target... I assure you, if you get I client in a month, u make around #100,000k once you start growing, you can get as much as 5-10 client from all over the country and that hits you over #1m for just helping others sell their cars, Note all you invested was your time, energy, phone and data... No big financial capital...
Do not restrict yourself to cars, go for industrial machines as well, caterpillars, mikano gens, any thing, then you look for those big companies that need them and try to call their attention to it or market it to them... You may not sell in 3 months but when you manage to get a client to buy just 1 caterpillars, my brother you will instantly forget that u suffered before...
A friend of mine was marketing a silo for a local wielder, he received a call all the way from kebbi state, the purchase was made in Ilorin, he made #1.8 mil from buyers and #400k from seller... He still got a referral from that deal. Wake up bro...
Within a month or two, come and pay (tite).
I drive uber/bolt in abuja, market cars, sell commodities such as beans, maize, wheat,
ginger,onions, name it... In bags and tonnes
And I make nothing less than half a mil monthly...We all blessed my nigga !

Reach me privately if you are interested in gadget importation and sales from US.

Whatsapp - 0.8.1.1.9.7.5.6.1.4.4

I see huge sense in this
Re: My Experience Searching For A Job (no Jokes) by andyblinks05: 11:40am On Jun 03, 2021
udoakwa:
It is what it is, I'm tired of submitting C.V right now I'm depressed, i graduated since 2017 yet no job...son of man wakes up every morning feeling sad but God won't shame me
Can you pls send me a sample of your CV… andrewmeddy8@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: My Experience Searching For A Job (no Jokes) by Odunharry(m): 12:00pm On Jun 03, 2021
Prodigee:
They say job search is a job on it's own!
True... Looking for job is a job itself.
Re: My Experience Searching For A Job (no Jokes) by Cerebellum: 12:27pm On Jun 03, 2021
Johnne32:

Wow, your story is quite amazing. Thank God you were able to finally secure one that pays.

But must you quote everything.. Haaa!
Re: My Experience Searching For A Job (no Jokes) by Nesther: 12:32pm On Jun 03, 2021
andyblinks05:

Pls can I send mine as well cos am passing through hell now. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: My Experience Searching For A Job (no Jokes) by udoakwa(m): 12:40pm On Jun 03, 2021
andyblinks05:
I'll do that right away sir, thank you and God bless you
Re: My Experience Searching For A Job (no Jokes) by ModestGal(f): 1:04pm On Jun 03, 2021
Congratulations
Re: My Experience Searching For A Job (no Jokes) by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jun 03, 2021
Johnne32:
I could have shared my story but I already did in other threads...lol.

Long story cut short, I was sacked during the corona period, could not get a job during that time, was frustrated and I started freelancing on Upwork.
Now I don't have to face employers issues and I am doing well financially.
liar
Re: My Experience Searching For A Job (no Jokes) by Sukkyy2010: 1:26pm On Jun 03, 2021
I thank God for never made me to become a job seeker or live as an employee. I'm so gifted in doing business and my hand is very fertile that if i utilize little 20k for business it'll return in a multiple fold.

I believe the says that: not everybody is made to serve under someone or live by salary some are just destined to be self employed and they are blessed with the spirit wisdom and the gesture of entrepreneur. While many will never succeed in doing business irrespective enough capital and resources they have in abundance they'll definitely fail but they'll be undisputed when it comes managerial aspect in another man business or firm.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Searching For A Job (no Jokes) by Hassanmaye(m): 1:38pm On Jun 03, 2021
igwe44:
I came to Abuja December 2018 without Knowing anyone, I paid for a selfcon 150k without having a job, January 2019 I got a teaching job of 20k, I tought for 6month before I got another job in an hotel with salary of 50k, work for almost one year before Corona virus came and we where ask to go, stayed at home for 7month. Got another job last year October in an hospital with salary of 110k. God has been faithful to me, just trust in God, it might not be easy but don't give up, keep believing and one day your story will change. Am still trusting God for more bigger jobs. No job is too small, start from somewhere, one day your time will come and always but your hope and faith in God never but your hope in men.
Good advice sir God bless you

1 Like

Re: My Experience Searching For A Job (no Jokes) by Hassanmaye(m): 1:41pm On Jun 03, 2021
igwe44:
Imagined after working hard like this one Yahoo boy will be thinking of emptying your account without thinking of how much you work your ASD off, that's why must of them become mad, live a useless life, they think this life bed of roses

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Searching For A Job (no Jokes) by Skillsnigeria: 1:46pm On Jun 03, 2021
It is well, job seekers don suffer for this Nigeria
Re: My Experience Searching For A Job (no Jokes) by abiolert(m): 1:48pm On Jun 03, 2021
Mine is just God all the way. 2013 after school the stress, pain and suffering was just unbearable. I got a teaching job of 10k a month back then but because of the low motivational pay, I decided to Quit.
In 2015 I was in Lagos briefly to look for work, stayed with my cousin living around volks, omo, mosquito show me pepper. Within two weeks of just staying in Lagos , the malaria in my system was already reading ++++, it is better to die at home rather than dying in a strange land. That's how I carried myself jejely back to Benin, rea arranged myself to Port Harcourt, Within one year of staying in Portharcourt, I got a job of 35k a month to run a restaurant. Left the place in 2017 got a job of 100k in 2019, left the place again to another place were the benefit is quite OK for me.
Today I have a car and house of my own. my pay has made me forget about my previous stress. Never always give up, always think about the bright side of life.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience Searching For A Job (no Jokes) by Hassanmaye(m): 1:51pm On Jun 03, 2021
Dicko1:
That was great,God by your side your determination and effort paid off.follow your mind in whatever good thing you believe it is possible.when when it gets tougher,never quit because good result is by the corner.
That was a great testimony.

Me too waited for so long ,inshort I was connected to a man from my state sometime 2011 through a sympathizer.the man asked me to come to Lagos after he had an agreement with the sympathizer to help me,I managed to look for transport to go to Lagos after calling the man ,as he said I should let him know when I get to Ojota.
On getting there in the afternoon.
I started calling him and he refuse to pick my call again ,I began to walk like a nomadic man .I called till evening ooo ,I had a second thought may be his was very busy ,then I decide to wait a little,to cut the story short ,I had to look for where to put my head in the night ,and the next day I started calling but he never picked.when it was clear to me that he was not ready to pick again.and I had no much on me ,I had to enter Soole to ibadan from ibadan to ondo looking for cheap vehicles.
When my sympathizer called him,he said did he force me to come before.very absurb statement coming from him.the woman just prayed for me and said God will reward me with a better job.after then I waited for years again trying different means .
different insult and embarrassment,a business woman I once work for said to me that don't you know 20k is your lord.and I was working for her like jerky.
When she latter heard of me doing well,she said she knew the guy is worth more than what he was doing then ,that he has big nature even when working under her

But glory to God now,I am earning Six digits in a federal job.
And still growing
Be honest do you think aboki will do this to His brother aboki or any other tribe This is why I like aboki your people no get joy at all I will rather die in the North than move to the south looking for job
Re: My Experience Searching For A Job (no Jokes) by Posimii(f): 2:21pm On Jun 03, 2021
Robertkenny:
Egbeosa Sunday.

Looking way back in the year 2014, immediately when I finished my NYSC service, I was eager to look for a promising company that is organized and has a good service as well. Less I forget I studied accounting in Edo University Iyamho, before moving to Lagos to serve and plan for my future.

Back to my story.

I shared my c.v to some of my highly connected friends to help out in securing a job for me, which I waited for several months with no positive feedback from anyone of them. I was forced to connect with an HR company to get the best job, which I paid 10k for registration with an agreement of getting 10% off my salary for the first 6 months of my resume in office. They said the money will be used to check, monitor and secure my activities in the office including but not limited to health and any other problem I come across in the company. Sounds protective you will say!!

Of course I agreed, paid and signed the agreement form that was giving to me with a big smile on my face, I submitted my documents having believe of working in a big company. It’s over 3 months with no positive feedback call or text from the HR Company. All this while I have being staying at home doing nothing, rather been asked by my neighbors if there is NEPA light since morning.

I gave myself an extra 1 week before visiting to know the state of my job hunt. On getting to their office I was told the person in charge of my job search case is not on sit, is either I come back next time or wait for some minutes for his arrival. I had to wait knowing fully well there is nothing for me to do at home, I took a sitting position and sat for some minutes, I was bored so I took a nap, about an hour later I requested for the person in charge of my job hunt, immediately someone stepped in and introduced himself as Mr. Vincent “Infarct I just finished sharing some copies of your document to 8 companies that are actively seeking to recruit new workers, which I assure you will bring forth a good result, you don’t have to worry yourself coming over to check I will personally give you a call”. I was happy to hear this, so I requested for his mobile number in case of any question from my end, which he gave me without any second thought. Feeling excited I head home hoping to get the best job within few weeks or month.

Now it over 2 months after my visit with the HR company, I remembered collecting Mr. Vincent mobile number so I quickly gave him a call and immediately introduced myself and asked for my job search result, then he started saying things I don’t understand “Mr. Sunday I was about to call you now the Lord sees my heart, we’ve tried all the company within our reach, but they’re not actively employing for now. Don’t worry there are other company locations outside our reach which we have connections to other agencies that will effectively get you your dream job, I only need you to send me 10k to be able connect with other agencies around”. That right there got me angry I had to hang up the call to avoid insulting an elderly man. With the pain in me I had to take a walk round the street, thinking of what next to do if I don’t get a job soon.

This is really getting serious there are lots of thought going on in my heard right now that I cannot pick out the exact one. Walked straight to the field where many of our community youths come together to play and have fun. I sat alone on a bench far from the goalpost trying to figure out the right thing to do, after some minutes right there I made a stupid decision that I believe would work.

I stood up and held my thought strong believing it will work out fine, so I went back home took some money, went straight to the closest market bought two black polo round neck then went to a printer shop to print on the cloths. This was what I wrote on them “Am a graduate and I’m in need of a pleasant job”. Funny you say? But I did it.

Early in the morning am always at the bus-stop with my cloth on, waiting to take a bus that will lead me to a populated company location where I will start walking round in search of any office job opportunity. I did this for over 3 months without any good result, I thought of giving up this plan but I just spent 5k buying and printing on my cloths.

Then I tried the second week of my fourth month of searching for a job, on my way to an unknown location, an elderly woman well-dressed stopped me and asked, if what was written on my cloth was just for fun or am I really in search of a job? As a sharp guy I quickly answered her, I am in need of a job and I got lots of experience in accounting plus am a graduate. After long chat, she gave me her business card for an interview in her work place very early next week Monday, with a great smile on my face I said “Thank you ma” and she walked passed me.

Got to the company very early in the morning like she said, then I was directly interviewed by unknown men, they were four in number and very intelligent in asking questions. To cut the long story short, within 3 working days I was called to start work on Monday for the position of financial secretary with a monthly salary of 120k.

Guess what!! The woman that stopped me and gave me her business card is the current and forever the CEO of GoldStripe Company Limited.

Thank you Bogger for sharing my story.

How was your Job search like? Kindly share your story.
People are going through hell presently in Nigeria please.
I finished my NYSC in 2017. Downloaded different job search sites, submitted c.v almost everywhere yet, nothing surfaced.
All those who have always asked when I will be done with school, suddenly went mute when I told them am done and I just needed to get a job.
I reluctantly went into teaching in 2018. I taught Jss 3 to Ss3. And guess the pay... 22k. I took English and literature. With a class of almost 30 students. You must write lesson notes, must mark all notes, must give assignments etc. The rules were choking. Yet no good pay.
I decided to quit and go back to school for my masters. And even with that, nothing much. I am just 'faiting' it.
Nigeria is not a country one should even wish one's enemy to pass through.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Searching For A Job (no Jokes) by rickyboss333: 2:32pm On Jun 03, 2021
Someone once said ... Surging in nigerian is a job on its own. U can add that to your cv
Re: My Experience Searching For A Job (no Jokes) by Ballack1(m): 2:45pm On Jun 03, 2021
Getting a job in Nigeria is not easy at all,I did my NYSC 2015 .I traveled to Ibadan early last year(before Covid 19 Lockdown)for job hunt.Those yeye robbers added salt to my injury,I was robbed of all my valuables the second day I got there.I'm fucking tired and fed up
Re: My Experience Searching For A Job (no Jokes) by Johnne32(m): 2:57pm On Jun 03, 2021
Abba114:
liar

Sorry, what do you mean?
Re: My Experience Searching For A Job (no Jokes) by Assumptabeke(f): 4:15pm On Jun 03, 2021
Finished NYSC last year, I have been looking for a job. I saw a secondary school, the pay was the same as my transport for a month, saw a marketing job( customers wants to sleep with me first,before they listen to what I am trying to offer them) for this reason I had to stop applying for any job that looks like a marketing job. I have to Tried to switch career path to accounting, it still did not work out. My mum went to meet a family friend to assist me getting a job at the hospital he works with, instead of helping me, he told me I should be his girlfriend. That if I agree to be his girlfriend he would take care of me. This is someone with a very beautiful wife and daughter, I just shake my head, dust my shoes and left that place. Since I came into this world I have never experienced sexual harassments until I started to search for a job. I am really tired of this phase.
I am still in search of a job btw( I can work as an administrative officer, customer service officer), if you work in an accounting firm, I don't mind working as an intern till I save up some funds to start the certification exams. I reside in Lagos.
Re: My Experience Searching For A Job (no Jokes) by uthlaw: 4:56pm On Jun 03, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Imagined after working hard like this one Yahoo boy will be thinking of emptying your account without thinking of how much you work your ASD off, that's why must of them become mad, live a useless life, they think this life bed of roses
watin bring yahoo matter for this now....make Ena de try mind Ena business!

1 Like

Re: My Experience Searching For A Job (no Jokes) by VlamesIffect(f): 7:28pm On Jun 03, 2021
Assumptabeke:
Finished NYSC last year, I have been looking for a job. I saw a secondary school, the pay was the same as my transport for a month, saw a marketing job( customers wants to sleep with me first,before they listen to what I am trying to offer them) for this reason I had to stop applying for any job that looks like a marketing job. I have to Tried to switch career path to accounting, it still did not work out. My mum went to meet a family friend to assist me getting a job at the hospital he works with, instead of helping me, he told me I should be his girlfriend. That if I agree to be his girlfriend he would take care of me. This is someone with a very beautiful wife and daughter, I just shake my head, dust my shoes and left that place. Since I came into this world I have never experienced sexual harassments until I started to search for a job. I am really tired of this phase.
I am still in search of a job btw( I can work as an administrative officer, customer service officer), if you work in an accounting firm, I don't mind working as an intern till I save up some funds to start the certification exams. I reside in Lagos.

Marketing is a NO-NO for ladies.

It's not easy out there.

I pray you get a better job soonest.
Re: My Experience Searching For A Job (no Jokes) by Assumptabeke(f): 8:08pm On Jun 03, 2021
VlamesIffect:

Marketing is a NO-NO for ladies.

It's not easy out there.

I pray you get a better job soonest.

Amen I hope so too.

Thank you.
Re: My Experience Searching For A Job (no Jokes) by Leogreat5: 7:40am On Jun 04, 2021
I tap from your Grace brother ���

Mine is just God all the way. 2013 after school the stress, pain and suffering was just unbearable. I got a teaching job of 10k a month back then but because of the low motivational pay, I decided to Quit.
In 2015 I was in Lagos briefly to look for work, stayed with my cousin living around volks, omo, mosquito show me pepper. Within two weeks of just staying in Lagos , the malaria in my system was already reading ++++, it is better to die at home rather than dying in a strange land. That's how I carried myself jejely back to Benin, rea arranged myself to Port Harcourt, Within one year of staying in Portharcourt, I got a job of 35k a month to run a restaurant. Left the place in 2017 got a job of 100k in 2019, left the place again to another place were the benefit is quite OK for me.
Today I have a car and house of my own. my pay has made me forget about my previous stress. Never always give up, always think about the bright side of life.[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PWC Recruitment For Experience Banking Job / My Experience Job Hunting Today / Finally Got A Job After Several Ordeal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.