Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,948 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

We Can’t Give You A New Constitution, Senate Tells Nigerians - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Can’t Give You A New Constitution, Senate Tells Nigerians (38107 Views)

NBA Conference: People Can’t Give What They Don’t Have – Kachikwu / Declare Bandits As Terrorists, Senate Tells Buhari / Rename Ibadan Airport After Ajimobi - Senate Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Can’t Give You A New Constitution, Senate Tells Nigerians by Trailblazer1(m): 7:03pm On Jun 03, 2021
grin
Re: We Can’t Give You A New Constitution, Senate Tells Nigerians by INTEGRITYA1(m): 7:03pm On Jun 03, 2021
Okay
Re: We Can’t Give You A New Constitution, Senate Tells Nigerians by wittywriter: 7:03pm On Jun 03, 2021
dre11:

https://dailytrust.com/we-cant-give-you-a-new-constitution-senate-tells-nigerians

What can you even give Nigerians ?
A non functional arm of the Nigerian Government.

©Wittyness

3 Likes

Re: We Can’t Give You A New Constitution, Senate Tells Nigerians by SenatePresdo(m): 7:03pm On Jun 03, 2021
cheesy
Re: We Can’t Give You A New Constitution, Senate Tells Nigerians by Topmaike007(m): 7:03pm On Jun 03, 2021
Ndi Ara
Re: We Can’t Give You A New Constitution, Senate Tells Nigerians by seyz91(m): 7:04pm On Jun 03, 2021
thats why we should try everything to make sure our unbo kids to land in this Godforsaken Corntree
Jashub:
The wickedness of our leaders is truly satanic and I fear for the future of our unborn children.
Re: We Can’t Give You A New Constitution, Senate Tells Nigerians by Ezedon(m): 7:04pm On Jun 03, 2021
This country is a joke
Re: We Can’t Give You A New Constitution, Senate Tells Nigerians by RealAlubarika(m): 7:04pm On Jun 03, 2021
Re: We Can’t Give You A New Constitution, Senate Tells Nigerians by LordIsaac(m): 7:06pm On Jun 03, 2021
Playing with the sensibility of 200 million Nigerians! As if they can't make a new law to input a clause to empower them to replace the constitution. Waste of time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Can’t Give You A New Constitution, Senate Tells Nigerians by SachaBastien(m): 7:07pm On Jun 03, 2021
General Olusegun Obasanjo replaced the 1963 constitution with the 1979 constitution. General Abdulsalami Abubakar in 1999 replaced the 1979 constitution as well with this decree 28 of 1999 which is now the "irreplaceable constitution". Ovie Omo-Agege is a lawyer.....where did he school?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Can’t Give You A New Constitution, Senate Tells Nigerians by famouscargo4u: 7:08pm On Jun 03, 2021
1999 constitution was hurriedly concocted to give way to a civilian rule. Most of the provisions are not well thought out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Can’t Give You A New Constitution, Senate Tells Nigerians by deavicky(m): 7:08pm On Jun 03, 2021
They don't even see themselves as part of us. No wonder they treat masses this way.

1 Like

Re: We Can’t Give You A New Constitution, Senate Tells Nigerians by drdan777(m): 7:10pm On Jun 03, 2021
Meaning that they are useless to Nigerians?
Re: We Can’t Give You A New Constitution, Senate Tells Nigerians by babatee90(m): 7:11pm On Jun 03, 2021
NiceCeSi:
I didn't understand the twist.
that the current constitution does not support creating a new one..it would be unconstitutional and illegal to do so since the current one did not back it up...mad politicians
Re: We Can’t Give You A New Constitution, Senate Tells Nigerians by Minjim: 7:11pm On Jun 03, 2021
temitope27:
Y can't they? Cos am not understanding

Do you know what a constitution is?

It's only ill informed people that'll clamour for an entirely new constitution.

We are stuck with this 1999 Constitution. The best option is to gradually amend it till the ugly side of it is entirely faced out.

Drafting a new constitution will create a period of vacuum for the time being. So, how do we operate during that vacuum?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Can’t Give You A New Constitution, Senate Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jun 03, 2021
Jashub:
The wickedness of our leaders is truly satanic and I fear for the future of our unborn children.

With my last drop of blood, I won't born my kids in Nigeria.
Re: We Can’t Give You A New Constitution, Senate Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jun 03, 2021
The wickedness of our leaders is truly satanic and I fear for the future of our unborn children
Re: We Can’t Give You A New Constitution, Senate Tells Nigerians by nthony10: 7:15pm On Jun 03, 2021
What he's trying to say is that they can't support what will strip them of their rights and privileges.

At least the people now know that they have to take their future with their hands.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Can’t Give You A New Constitution, Senate Tells Nigerians by Dickson44: 7:16pm On Jun 03, 2021
It's not a new thing, it's not as if u have given us anything before now

1 Like

Re: We Can’t Give You A New Constitution, Senate Tells Nigerians by Styluss: 7:19pm On Jun 03, 2021
NiceCeSi:
I didn't understand the twist or may be I did. Oga, disregard, in fact, throw 1999 constitution into thrash can and draft something new entirely. What is too hard to do there? What is today most important in the country? Violating a section of the rubbish 1999 constitution or restoring peace and order in the country? Like I said, may be I didn't understand the news well.
they are simply saying, they can't make new constitution cos the old constitution didn't capture rewriting on an entirely new constitution. Stupid people dosent realize that , that alone is a major bug in that obsolete constitution which validates it's scraping
Re: We Can’t Give You A New Constitution, Senate Tells Nigerians by JohnBullMySon: 7:21pm On Jun 03, 2021
But Buhari can disobey the constitution right?

Crazy pple.

1 Like

Re: We Can’t Give You A New Constitution, Senate Tells Nigerians by SouthSouth1914: 7:22pm On Jun 03, 2021
The house of senate should be dissolved! Bunch of idiotss wasting taxpayers money! This country will be divided one way or the highway!!

2 Likes

Re: We Can’t Give You A New Constitution, Senate Tells Nigerians by Aromas: 7:23pm On Jun 03, 2021
Re: We Can’t Give You A New Constitution, Senate Tells Nigerians by jaxxy(m): 7:26pm On Jun 03, 2021
Built2last:
The elite are fooling themselves.

We can't stay together.

This country will be divided.

We know that it's only Southern governors that are taking the constitutional review serious. The North knows nothing will come out of it

Divided into how many parts?? It must reach 30 parts ooo.

There is a process to everything. We didn’t do all this when Jonathan was there it would have been easier now we up against a brick wall we are shouting and demanding the impossible from a brick wall?

There is no hard fast rule to success even the 1963 constitution is not perfect without right application.
Re: We Can’t Give You A New Constitution, Senate Tells Nigerians by Lama70(m): 7:26pm On Jun 03, 2021
We already know that people can't give what they don't have.
Re: We Can’t Give You A New Constitution, Senate Tells Nigerians by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 7:27pm On Jun 03, 2021
These guys sef...

What's then the functions of the legislature?
Abi no be to make law?
If there's no constitutional provisions for a new constitution , then pass a Bill into law for such provision.

Mtchheeeww

3 Likes

Re: We Can’t Give You A New Constitution, Senate Tells Nigerians by kollinxx(m): 7:29pm On Jun 03, 2021
Nigerians can't give Nigeria a new constitution? Mad people....shey we go still go meet our colonial master for constitution ni?

A new constitution won't favour them, hence they are reluctant...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Can’t Give You A New Constitution, Senate Tells Nigerians by Empiree: 7:29pm On Jun 03, 2021
Don't be surprised some of the Oduduwa and Biafra agitators are also behind rejection of the new constitutional draft. They are double agents.

I don't worry myself about anything. Just look after yourself and family and be sure everyone is ain't. Otherwise you are wasting your time because,

Nigeria is a scam

Oduduwa and Biafra nations are upgraded scams.

2 Likes

Re: We Can’t Give You A New Constitution, Senate Tells Nigerians by MarxMike(m): 7:30pm On Jun 03, 2021
Which one is we can't give new constitution, was this one made by God? Even Jesus gave us a new law and new covenant.. Walahi this country is playing with our sensibilities aswear.. angry cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Can’t Give You A New Constitution, Senate Tells Nigerians by drololaaof: 7:30pm On Jun 03, 2021
Right from the onset I know that the constitution panel is a charade, the north did not want any change but those who prevent peaceful change will blame themselves in future . The NASS is an extension of the ruling class nothing good can come out of them they were installed they are not there by our votes

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Real Reason Buhari Postponed Nigeria's 2023 Population Census - Shehu Sani / Ogun To Suspend Lockdown Free Days On Friday / IGBO Man Supports Buhari For 2019 , States His Reasons - Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.