Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,384 members, 7,781,100 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:54 AM

Tunde Bakare: Why Buhari And I Stopped Discussing - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tunde Bakare: Why Buhari And I Stopped Discussing (49991 Views)

Save Nigeria Group: Where Are Tunde Bakare And Wole Soyinka? / Tajudeen Bakare: Why I Did Not Disappear When Police Arrested Me – Ogboni Leader / VIDEO: Tunde Bakare – Why I Will Be The President After Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tunde Bakare: Why Buhari And I Stopped Discussing by Omooba77: 8:48pm On Jun 03, 2021
The Senior Pastor of the Citadel Global Community Church, formerly known as Latter Rain Assembly, Tunde Bakare, has said that President Muhammadu Buhari never listens to his ideas on how to move Nigeria forward.

Bakare was Buhari’s running mate in the 2011 presidential election — the duo contested on the platform of the Congress for Progressive Change.

Speaking with BBC Yoruba, Bakare said Nigerian leaders are corrupt and have steered the country to its current state.

He said many people voted for Buhari because they thought that, as a former military leader, he would understand the nation’s complexities and be able to lead the country on the right path.

“Things have turned upside down. They say the elders are the ones disrupting the nation, but it started with the youths. The coup plotters in the military — there are people that were 20 years old, 30 years old — they are the ones that brought us to where we are. They brought us here before they grew old in the job and refused to leave,” Bakare said.

“If a military takes over a country, they won’t leave until things become bad. They will plunder every conceivable object is gone. However, there are still good ones among the bad eggs.

“Our leaders are corrupt. Let’s assume the military destroyed the government, what happened to our civilian government? Although many of them moved from the military, we still don’t know if we are in a military or civilian era. Nigeria will continue to deteriorate unless we turn around and make amends and ask those stronger than us to help us.

“I was in my house when I started the Save Nigeria Group. It was to help the country. I never knew (Goodluck) Jonathan or (Umaru) Yar’Adua. God only showed me a vision and I started moving around, saying ‘do not let Nigeria go bad’. Professor Wole Soyinka, (Retired Gen. Alani) Akinrinade, renowned people of Yoruba extraction joined us.

“That was where Buhari first saw me and decided he could bring me close. We too, we wanted to know his intentions for Nigeria. That was how we met in Kaduna. I had in mind to help Nigeria but when (Obafemi) Awolowo could not become the president, as a good person, I washed my hands off.

“People thought someone who had once served as a military head of state, that once he becomes president, Nigeria will be better and progressive but instead of things to get better, everything has worsened.

“But God is not asleep. Some of my friends accuse me of bringing Buhari to power. I explained to them that he is someone I used to see and discuss the way forward with, that he would listen but once you leave, nothing comes out of the discussion. Then I decided to stay back.”

Bakare, however, said he had not lost hope and he keeps praying that there will be a turnaround for the country.

On the campaign for Oodua Republic, Bakare said such agitations are a result of the state of affairs in the country.

“I have never seen Sunday Igboho. This is the time he is supposed to come see me but he is unable to come. But he has met with some prominent Nigerians,” he said.

“If things were okay; people could feed themselves, have good jobs, no kidnapping… before, nobody was asking for what Sunday Igboho is agitating for presently. But I know that when the time is right, people will say Yoruba leaders alerted them because now the elders have not told them to ask for Oodua Republic.

“We should find a way of making Nigeria progress. We can’t leave our country for another. We have to take a stand and make Nigeria work. When separatist groups see that things are getting better in the nation, they will drop their grievances.”

http://saharareporters.com/2021/06/03/why-i-stopped-discussing-president-buhari%E2%80%94pastor-bakare

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tunde Bakare: Why Buhari And I Stopped Discussing by Omooba77: 8:51pm On Jun 03, 2021
The man has hearing issue, but they all knew before selling us this bad market.

111 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tunde Bakare: Why Buhari And I Stopped Discussing by XXXXTENTACION: 8:52pm On Jun 03, 2021
No matter how the rain beats the leopard it will never change its spots.....

MitCHELL98:

This your proverbs ehn grin grin
Na so the inspiration just come sha grin
Tinubuadvocate:
You are not in anyway different .
You mean he has ear problems like Buhari

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tunde Bakare: Why Buhari And I Stopped Discussing by Fasindo: 8:53pm On Jun 03, 2021
shocked

Confession Time.

Buhari 30 Months civil war experience is getting to everybody.
It has gotten to Bakare, it will soon get to others like Orji Uzo Kalu, Tinubu, Lai Mohammed.

For BMCs that keep defending him and pretending, they should not worry, it will get to them soon. By the time bandits start kidnapping them one after the other

92 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tunde Bakare: Why Buhari And I Stopped Discussing by inoki247: 8:53pm On Jun 03, 2021
lol
Re: Tunde Bakare: Why Buhari And I Stopped Discussing by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jun 03, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
No matter how rain beats the leopard it will never change its spots.....

This your proverbs ehn grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare: Why Buhari And I Stopped Discussing by Kzinne: 8:54pm On Jun 03, 2021
Re: Tunde Bakare: Why Buhari And I Stopped Discussing by Cubalabloo(m): 8:54pm On Jun 03, 2021
Can there be any reason better than the fact that the dullard is just lifeless?

14 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare: Why Buhari And I Stopped Discussing by Dudo: 8:54pm On Jun 03, 2021
Ok
Re: Tunde Bakare: Why Buhari And I Stopped Discussing by ERockson: 8:55pm On Jun 03, 2021
Tell us he's not handing over to you in 2023 shocked

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tunde Bakare: Why Buhari And I Stopped Discussing by NiceCeSi(f): 8:57pm On Jun 03, 2021
I'm ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tunde Bakare: Why Buhari And I Stopped Discussing by richiemcgold: 8:58pm On Jun 03, 2021
Sir, kindly permit me to call you a hypocrite.

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tunde Bakare: Why Buhari And I Stopped Discussing by Cholls(m): 8:58pm On Jun 03, 2021
Pleas1:
Always changing mouth
[img]https:///media/6-10-2018/nFVMcC.gif[/img]

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tunde Bakare: Why Buhari And I Stopped Discussing by Tinubuadvocate: 8:59pm On Jun 03, 2021
Omooba77:
[s]Bakare was Buhari’s running mate in the 2011 presidential election — the duo contested on the platform of the Congress for Progressive Change.

BY SAHARAREPORTERS, NEW YORKJUN 03, 2021

The Senior Pastor of the Citadel Global Community Church, formerly known as Latter Rain Assembly, Tunde Bakare, has said that President Muhammadu Buhari never listens to his ideas on how to move Nigeria forward.

Bakare was Buhari’s running mate in the 2011 presidential election — the duo contested on the platform of the Congress for Progressive Change.

Tunde Bakare
Speaking with BBC Yoruba, Bakare said Nigerian leaders are corrupt and have steered the country to its current state.

He said many people voted for Buhari because they thought that, as a former military leader, he would understand the nation’s complexities and be able to lead the country on the right path.

“Things have turned upside down. They say the elders are the ones disrupting the nation, but it started with the youths. The coup plotters in the military — there are people that were 20 years old, 30 years old — they are the ones that brought us to where we are. They brought us here before they grew old in the job and refused to leave,” Bakare said.

“If a military takes over a country, they won’t leave until things become bad. They will plunder every conceivable object is gone. However, there are still good ones among the bad eggs.

“Our leaders are corrupt. Let’s assume the military destroyed the government, what happened to our civilian government? Although many of them moved from the military, we still don’t know if we are in a military or civilian era. Nigeria will continue to deteriorate unless we turn around and make amends and ask those stronger than us to help us.
“I was in my house when I started the Save Nigeria Group. It was to help the country. I never knew (Goodluck) Jonathan or (Umaru) Yar’Adua. God only showed me a vision and I started moving around, saying ‘do not let Nigeria go bad’. Professor Wole Soyinka, (Retired Gen. Alani) Akinrinade, renowned people of Yoruba extraction joined us.

“That was where Buhari first saw me and decided he could bring me close. We too, we wanted to know his intentions for Nigeria. That was how we met in Kaduna. I had in mind to help Nigeria but when (Obafemi) Awolowo could not become the president, as a good person, I washed my hands off.

“People thought someone who had once served as a military head of state, that once he becomes president, Nigeria will be better and progressive but instead of things to get better, everything has worsened.

“But God is not asleep. Some of my friends accuse me of bringing Buhari to power. I explained to them that he is someone I used to see and discuss the way forward with, that he would listen but once you leave, nothing comes out of the discussion. Then I decided to stay back.”

Bakare, however, said he had not lost hope and he keeps praying that there will be a turnaround for the country.

On the campaign for Oodua Republic, Bakare said such agitations are a result of the state of affairs in the country.

“I have never seen Sunday Igboho. This is the time he is supposed to come see me but he is unable to come. But he has met with some prominent Nigerians,” he said.

“If things were okay; people could feed themselves, have good jobs, no kidnapping… before, nobody was asking for what Sunday Igboho is agitating for presently. But I know that when the time is right, people will say Yoruba leaders alerted them because now the elders have not told them to ask for Oodua Republic.
“We should find a way of making Nigeria progress. We can’t leave our country for another. We have to take a stand and make Nigeria work. When separatist groups see that things are getting better in the nation, they will drop their grievances.”

http://saharareporters.com/2021/06/03/why-i-stopped-discussing-president-buhari%E2%80%94pastor-bakare[/s]

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tunde Bakare: Why Buhari And I Stopped Discussing by alpharoyalty: 9:02pm On Jun 03, 2021
Bakare sounded like he has given up on buhari.
I have ve given up on buhari too.
Only y unreasonably blinded people still believe in him.
People who are blind and do not see tomorrow.
People who are ethnic and religious bigot plus paid worshippers.
We will wait for this unfortunate disaster of an illiterate man to pass.
Never again must nigerians allow idiots to rule them again.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tunde Bakare: Why Buhari And I Stopped Discussing by Omooba77: 9:03pm On Jun 03, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
Why are you doing like a baby?

9 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare: Why Buhari And I Stopped Discussing by Omooba77: 9:03pm On Jun 03, 2021
Lalasticlala, it confession time!

2 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare: Why Buhari And I Stopped Discussing by Omooba77: 9:16pm On Jun 03, 2021
People thought we were wrong, when we warned Buhari is not the kind of leader Nigeria need, but it fell on deaf ears...

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tunde Bakare: Why Buhari And I Stopped Discussing by Omooba77: 9:18pm On Jun 03, 2021
Sighted seunmsg, juman and co here earlier... Won ti Ben Johnson....grin grin grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tunde Bakare: Why Buhari And I Stopped Discussing by ImmaculateJOE(m): 9:28pm On Jun 03, 2021
How some people went and casted their votes for a well known Dictator and Coup plotter still baffales. Especially our sophisticated brethren.
He even truancated a democratically elected government.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tunde Bakare: Why Buhari And I Stopped Discussing by Omooba77: 9:29pm On Jun 03, 2021
Omi ti gbe leyin Baba.......

4 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare: Why Buhari And I Stopped Discussing by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jun 03, 2021
Re: Tunde Bakare: Why Buhari And I Stopped Discussing by GboyegaD(m): 9:48pm On Jun 03, 2021
Hmm...this issue get as e be.
Re: Tunde Bakare: Why Buhari And I Stopped Discussing by globalresource: 9:48pm On Jun 03, 2021
Buhari sure knows what he is doing. Uthman Danfodio plan is been carried out. Plain and simple

22 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare: Why Buhari And I Stopped Discussing by Franckelv230: 9:49pm On Jun 03, 2021
Dead person don't hear words

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tunde Bakare: Why Buhari And I Stopped Discussing by b3llo(m): 9:49pm On Jun 03, 2021
He has ear disease

1 Like

Re: Tunde Bakare: Why Buhari And I Stopped Discussing by Grace001: 9:50pm On Jun 03, 2021
Mmmm

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law / Xenophobia: No Nigerian Killed In South Africa - Presidency / Buhari's Daughters Dancing At Zahra's Wedding Reception In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.