Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? (23346 Views)

6 Things Women With Irregular Periods Can Relate To / Women With Irregular Period / "Regular Life With Irregular Scars" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? by Shashar: 10:25am On Jun 04, 2021
Trying eating Moringa seeds.atleast 2seeds everyday.Had same experience,but not anymore.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? by Nigeriadondie1: 10:26am On Jun 04, 2021
undecided
Re: Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? by bastardson: 10:26am On Jun 04, 2021
Why are u so scared of death
Re: Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? by Nobody: 10:26am On Jun 04, 2021
i love the part that u are not in nigeria wish u quick recovery get friends and start having fun dont always sit and think about ur condition wish u quick recovery
Re: Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? by Earljosh: 10:26am On Jun 04, 2021
You are suffering from cardiomegaly bro. Having that kinda issues too.
Re: Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? by Nigeriadondie1: 10:26am On Jun 04, 2021
Newguy999:
I am a guy, currently 22 years of age. For some time in the past I usually have occasional chest pains which comes and goes within 10 minutes. I thought it was as a result of my sugar intake as I consume soft drinks a lot with little or no exercises so I decided to cut down on my soft drink to no avail because I always end up going back to it.

Fast forward to sometime last month, I traveled to Europe to get a medical degree and when I got here, I started living on junk foods, KFC and McDonald’s as I could not cook. The chest pain came back one night and I decided to complain to my dad. Immediately I complained to him, I became conscious of it and I started fussing over it.

I went to google and everything I saw about pains in the chest always leads to cardiac arrest, stroke and dying. I couldn’t stop thinking about it, I was always trying to check my heartbeat every chance I get. My dad said it was due to the junk foods so I stopped junk foods and soft drinks as my cholesterol could be high. I still couldn’t shake off the horrible feeling I got whenever I checked my heartbeat.

I started having panic attacks and difficulties with breathing and always feeling tired. I eventually went for check up and my heartbeat showed a beat of 68 bpm. I got checked by a cardiologist, neurologist and an orthopedic doctor and they all said my vitals looked normal, blood pressure normal, blood oxygen level normal, blood sugar normal except for the orthopedic doctor who told me I had to fix my slouching posture.

It’s been a week after the check up but my life isn’t back to normal. I can’t keep complaining to my parents because I gave them quite a scare with my first complaint and I know they have their own life to live but I’m just scared, I live alone in my apartment here and I’m new so no friends yet.

Anytime I check my heartbeat it still feels irregular,I can’t enjoy the foods I use to love, I get scared of doing strenuous exercises like jogging because I’ve heard stories of people who collapsed while jogging, i don’t enjoy my sleep anymore as I read that most people with cardiac problems die in their sleep.

For a week now, I have been going for evening walks to keep fit and exercise and I only eat once a day. I eat 2 apples every day and I swallow a capsule of omega 3 fatty oil daily. The only protein I consume now is salmon or mackerel fish because of their heart strengthening capabilities.

I can’t focus on my studies anymore but I can’t complain because I don’t want to bother my parents anymore but I’m scared. Some nights I wake up with panic attacks and every morning I feel happy for sleeping and waking up successfully. I hate how flawed the human design is. Sometimes I get distracted but as soon as I feel any slight discomfort in my chest, I check my heartbeat and it feels irregular. There’s occasional sharp pains in my head that goes almost immediately and sometimes I feel blood throbbing through my veins in different parts of my body. Tomorrow I’ll be going out to get an apple series 6 watch so I can monitor my vitals better.

Sorry for the long read, I just had to let all of this out.
Please go for medical checkup. That is a sign of high blood pressure
Re: Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? by Nicholas2296: 10:27am On Jun 04, 2021
could be as a result of panic ,one the other hand too it could be possibly you have something on ur mind . might happen as a result heart break as well , it will definitely go with time since your doctor results are negative , just relax and take away all negativity from ur mind!!!!!!cheers

1 Like

Re: Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? by Sterope(f): 10:27am On Jun 04, 2021
Doctors have confirmed that you are fine. Which means whatever you think you have is in your head and it is beginning to affect your life, sleep and studies. Panic attack is a very serious mental condition. You need to start doing more for your mental health. Seek therapy.

Newguy999

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? by Gambit23: 10:27am On Jun 04, 2021
Newguy999:
I am a guy, currently 22 years of age. For some time in the past I usually have occasional chest pains which comes and goes within 10 minutes. I thought it was as a result of my sugar intake as I consume soft drinks a lot with little or no exercises so I decided to cut down on my soft drink to no avail because I always end up going back to it.

Fast forward to sometime last month, I traveled to Europe to get a medical degree and when I got here, I started living on junk foods, KFC and McDonald’s as I could not cook. The chest pain came back one night and I decided to complain to my dad. Immediately I complained to him, I became conscious of it and I started fussing over it.

I went to google and everything I saw about pains in the chest always leads to cardiac arrest, stroke and dying. I couldn’t stop thinking about it, I was always trying to check my heartbeat every chance I get. My dad said it was due to the junk foods so I stopped junk foods and soft drinks as my cholesterol could be high. I still couldn’t shake off the horrible feeling I got whenever I checked my heartbeat.

I started having panic attacks and difficulties with breathing and always feeling tired. I eventually went for check up and my heartbeat showed a beat of 68 bpm. I got checked by a cardiologist, neurologist and an orthopedic doctor and they all said my vitals looked normal, blood pressure normal, blood oxygen level normal, blood sugar normal except for the orthopedic doctor who told me I had to fix my slouching posture.

It’s been a week after the check up but my life isn’t back to normal. I can’t keep complaining to my parents because I gave them quite a scare with my first complaint and I know they have their own life to live but I’m just scared, I live alone in my apartment here and I’m new so no friends yet.

Anytime I check my heartbeat it still feels irregular,I can’t enjoy the foods I use to love, I get scared of doing strenuous exercises like jogging because I’ve heard stories of people who collapsed while jogging, i don’t enjoy my sleep anymore as I read that most people with cardiac problems die in their sleep.

For a week now, I have been going for evening walks to keep fit and exercise and I only eat once a day. I eat 2 apples every day and I swallow a capsule of omega 3 fatty oil daily. The only protein I consume now is salmon or mackerel fish because of their heart strengthening capabilities.

I can’t focus on my studies anymore but I can’t complain because I don’t want to bother my parents anymore but I’m scared. Some nights I wake up with panic attacks and every morning I feel happy for sleeping and waking up successfully. I hate how flawed the human design is. Sometimes I get distracted but as soon as I feel any slight discomfort in my chest, I check my heartbeat and it feels irregular. There’s occasional sharp pains in my head that goes almost immediately and sometimes I feel blood throbbing through my veins in different parts of my body. Tomorrow I’ll be going out to get an apple series 6 watch so I can monitor my vitals better.

U are depressed.

Go and meet a doctor.

Better start eating 100% healthy foods from today, Failure to do so & consumption of junk will swiftly take ur life in d near future.
Re: Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? by Patented: 10:28am On Jun 04, 2021
Never Google health symptoms, cos google will nearly kill u............hence your panic attacks. On the issue of chest pains, I think you should seek a second opinion just to be sure. If they say you are fine then consult them on low impact excercises you can do. Secondly one meal a day is not a good strategy. You may be robbing your body of vital nutrients, rather consult a nutritionist to design a good diet for you.

Newguy999:

2 Likes

Re: Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? by ezebunafo(m): 10:28am On Jun 04, 2021
When I was 25 I passed through exactly what you mentioned above,@op ,so my doctors told me it's anxiety ,coz I was having constant panic attack(which is harmless anyway) but I mastered it with breathing,Immediately I sensed the attack coming I will stand up take a deep breath and breath out ,like 5 times and the attack will vanish and your heartbeat rate will come back to normal till I think overgrown it,but now what seems to trigger it now is stress,and I just try to low my stress level and takes some rest ,believe me always practice deep breathing and make sure you are always in the midst of friend ,trust me you will be fine

4 Likes

Re: Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? by Fedrick100: 10:28am On Jun 04, 2021
Terrymoon:
angry
Boss
Teach me Bitcoin mining la
Things don hard for me ��

1 Like

Re: Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? by DrFunmisticGlow: 10:29am On Jun 04, 2021
Newguy999:

go and see a psychiatrist
Re: Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? by NovaCare: 10:30am On Jun 04, 2021
The thing here is this...

Thank God you have relocated to the Europe where there is adequate and improved health care unlike Nigeria.

So there is no need to worry and secondly but most importantly, you have decided to cut down on junk intake which is a good step in the right direction.

About the panic attacks,the major cause of it is your discovery about the ugly consequences of consuming junk food which contains saturated fat and excess sugar which led to the tightness of your chest of which your research shows that it could lead to cardiac arrest which ultimately leads to death. I guess with that discovery, you pictures yourself falling down one day and gasping for breath and before help could come, you saw yourself out of your body and sometimes picture yourself lying in a casket...this ugly picture (thoughts) play out in the brain and all of a sudden culminates into rapid breathing and stress levels in the oxygen flow to your brain and most times, you see yourself as if you are about to kick the bucket that instant.

My advice to you is to stick to a healthy diet by taking more organic vegetables and fruits with foods that contain lots of fibre. You can buy leguminous foods to add to your dietary regimen.
As for meat, go for strictly lean white meat.

Please resist the temptation of taking so called bottled or paper "fruit juices" because they have alot of sugar and preservatives in it which is never good for your health.

Learn how to cook your own meals as this will go along way to help you eat healthy and save money which would hitherto be spent on cheap junk.

As for working out, you can make inquiries and register with a health facility there in the country a of residence and if they examine you and find out you are at high or medium risk of cardiac arrest, they give you a device which will be strapped on your arm which has a chip that is remotely connected to emergency lines. ( I don't know the country you relocated to but this is done in the United States).

That device monitors your heart rate and tells you when to stop jogging whenever it feels their is a threat.

Another beautiful thing about it is that like I earlier stated, it is connected to emergency lines that automatically trigger in case you suddenly fall down and it waits for a response if when you don't give, 911 ambulance services will be notified to your location immediately!

Think of all these and do as I say and the panic attack will wear off with time so you can live a happy life the rest of your days.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? by Nobody: 10:30am On Jun 04, 2021
Have you done ulcer test? You need to check that. Very important. It has happened to me. I was asked to do x-ray, ECG and others, all turned out normal yet my heart kept palpitation. Chest pain, and also at the back, burning sensation and lost of apertid mmmmm.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? by Vicas2000: 10:30am On Jun 04, 2021
Hello, I can feel your pain. Sometimes....the body goes through issues that doctors cannot fathom or see right away.

Here's what I will advise:

1. Go back to your GP and complain about panic attacks. The issue is....they might put you on medication which may have it's side effects.

2. Start doing meditatdion aily to help with the panic attacks. It's simple. Lie down on your bed....for fifteen minutes.....with your eyes closed.....deep breath in and out until your concentration is on your breathing.

Do this 15 mins consistently for 1 month and you will see your panic attack disappear.

Of course...do this alongside with healthy eating drinking and exercises as advised already.

Hint: don't ignore my number 2!
Re: Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? by snoopanddre(m): 10:30am On Jun 04, 2021
I've experienced that before and it stopped when I began to eat African traditional foods that contains RED OIL example, Egusi soup with swallow, Rice and beans cooked with red oil etc. Avoid fried food that contains ground-nut oil. Be mixing swallow food and non swallow food that contains red oil and after 2 to 3 days, u will see d result and later try and find a permanent cure cos it is a form of Ulcer I THINK. Let me know if it works for u too later.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? by ayandee: 10:31am On Jun 04, 2021
It's panic attack. Sorry you are going through this.
Re: Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? by Edaniels9(m): 10:32am On Jun 04, 2021
Went through same thing last year.

Good thing is that you are making the right adjustments as per your meals and fitness level.

It's most likely Ulcer and then you are worsening it by over thinking it.

Once you take your mind off it, all those symptoms will go away little by little.

Most of the symptoms you feel are as a results of panic attack.

Stop googling symptoms for now. Stop checking your heartrate. Stop feeding your fears because whatever you feed grows.

Feed your faith, feed positivity.

Live your life. And most of all believe that you are here for a reason and until your purpose is complete you are going nowhere.

Know God for yourself, hold on to His words concerning you.

You are hale and hearty bro. Just live!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? by molybdenum0012: 10:33am On Jun 04, 2021
From your explanation, I have a strong feeling nothing is wrong with you. You are only suffering from hypochondria or fear of the unknown or overthinking.

My candid advice is for you to see a psychologist to help you restructure your mind if you can't now.

Always try and take your mind off it. Eat healthy, exercise and preoccupy yourself with your academic works so much that you forget that you have any problem.

Do this and thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? by Jinjinkoku: 10:35am On Jun 04, 2021
I have had all you are having presently. It's called generalized anxiety disorder or anxiety neurosis. The only difference between us is that I was 29 then and I had a slightly elevated blood pressure which is already back to normal. You may send a dm.
Re: Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? by Ogeneigbo1: 10:37am On Jun 04, 2021
Newguy999:

Go for H-Pylori or Ulcer Test ,let's see what the result looks like.
Talking from experience.
Wishing you fast recovery.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? by Nobody: 10:37am On Jun 04, 2021
Wow. Sorry but I have to ask you some questions before giving you my advice.

1. Are you a Christian?
2. If yes. Have you given your life to Christ?
3. How long do you spend time reading the Bible?

I believe you have all these you won't have to be solicitous about your health because God is in you.

Period

1 Like

Re: Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? by Revere27: 10:37am On Jun 04, 2021
Talk to Jesus in prayers, because he can heal you fully without any symptoms if it again.

He is waiting for you brother, speak with Him and he would answer you.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? by quadraheem(m): 10:38am On Jun 04, 2021
You can also reduce your caffeine intake if at all you take it.
Re: Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? by Person2person(m): 10:41am On Jun 04, 2021
Hmm
Re: Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? by Depressed101: 10:41am On Jun 04, 2021
Newguy999:

i read the first two paragraphs, and felt ashamed to read the rest, you've been sent abroad to do medicine, you have an ailment, and your first consultant is the Google? undecided
Is that how you intend to treat your patients, you should be ashamed of writing those stuffs... You of all people,

Anyway I managed to read the rest.. Are you a Christian, why not come close to God, pray everyday, and use this opportunity to engage in healthy fasting, i currently doing healthy fasting for the past month and the results are good, i had same panic attacks as you, (lost some huge amount of money) but now everything is coming into place, I live away from my mum, so when the panic attack becomes much I just call my mum. but don't tell her I'm having an attack or something to be worried about, I just say I want to know how they are doing , pls stop making your parents worry about your health, it might affect their own health. you are putting unnecessary worry into them. Somehow after speaking with my mum I get some kind of relief...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? by tannystacey: 10:42am On Jun 04, 2021
Newguy999

Go and check your cholesterol levels.

Also make a list of what triggers your symptoms

Anxiety can also cause palpitations and panic attacks too. You need to talk to a professional and probably get on anxiety meds to reduce the physical symptoms.
Re: Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? by afrodoc2: 10:42am On Jun 04, 2021
Shellsploit:
*Irregular heart beat
*Costochondritis "Pain in the breast bone"
*Tremor on both hands
*Nervousness
*General body weakness

All this are signs of heart attack!
Speaking from experience.

Ogbonge! cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Anybody Here With Irregular Heartbeats? by tonididdy(m): 10:42am On Jun 04, 2021
Newguy999:

If of all the pro medical personnel said you are ok, exactly what advice do you need from an online forum possibly full with undergraduates? Or fake medicians?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

296 New COVID-19 Cases, 445 Discharged And 1 Death On August 27 - (3022 Tested) / FMN To Donate 36,000 COVID-19 Test Kits, 75 Ventilators & 331,000 PPEs To NCDC / 239 New COVID-19 Cases, 372 Discharged And 10 Deaths On Sept 1 - (5161 Tested)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.