Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,888 members, 7,806,575 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:27 PM

2006 Honda City Transmission Vibration While Trying To Move - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2006 Honda City Transmission Vibration While Trying To Move (4619 Views)

Radiator Problems On 2006 Honda Accord !!! / Man Burnt His SUV To Ashes While Trying To Make A Way For It (Photos, Video) / Which Is Better For Uber/Taxify? Honda Accord Or Honda City? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2006 Honda City Transmission Vibration While Trying To Move by Emekayoung(m): 3:57am On Jun 04, 2021
I am currently using honda ATF for my 2006 city. My issue now is that when my car is cold it drives normal,but when it becomes hot it vibrates when i am trying to move from the beginning. But when the car starts moving,it no longer vibrate. And that vibration is only when I am trying to move the car from the beginning while the car has warmed up very well. Please what do I do?
Re: 2006 Honda City Transmission Vibration While Trying To Move by nurey(m): 10:53am On Jun 04, 2021
Emekayoung:
I am currently using honda ATF for my 2006 city. My issue now is that when my car is cold it drives normal,but when i becomes hot it vibrates when i am trying to move from the beginning. But when the car starts moving,it no longer vibrate. And that vibration is only when I am trying to move the car from the beginning while the car has warmed up very well. Please what do I do?

Honda city is either manual transmission or CVT transmission not regular automatic transmission. If you have poured ATF even from Honda into the transmission, you are killing the gear, the replacement fluid is honda CVT fluid

8 Likes

Re: 2006 Honda City Transmission Vibration While Trying To Move by Emekayoung(m): 8:06pm On Jun 05, 2021
nurey:

Honda city is either manual transmission or CVT transmission not regular automatic transmission. If you have poured ATF even from Honda into the transmission, you are killing the gear, the replacement fluid is honda CVT fluid
The only CVT Fluid I saw was one germain made brand like that,and they said the 4litres is 15k. They didn't write if it is specifically for only Honda cars. On the label they said it's suitable for Toyota,honda and so on. Don't know if it's okay for me to use.
Re: 2006 Honda City Transmission Vibration While Trying To Move by nurey(m): 8:57am On Jun 06, 2021
Emekayoung:

The only CVT Fluid I saw was one germain made brand like that,and they said the 4litres is 15k. They didn't write if it is specifically for only Honda cars. On the label they said it's suitable for Toyota,honda and so on. Don't know if it's okay for me to use.

The replacement fluid is Honda CVT fluid don't buy universal fluid and a litre of original cvtf from Honda should be 5k or more you would need around 8L.

4L first drive 20km or more, drain and refill again with the remaining 4L. If gear doesn't improve you need a replacement transmission

6 Likes

Re: 2006 Honda City Transmission Vibration While Trying To Move by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:50pm On Jun 06, 2021
You should have sought opinions on nairaland before buying the oil. You have destroyed the gear. Cvts are very delicate.

5 Likes

Re: 2006 Honda City Transmission Vibration While Trying To Move by Emekayoung(m): 9:42pm On Oct 07, 2021
nurey:

The replacement fluid is Honda CVT fluid don't buy universal fluid and a litre of original cvtf from Honda should be 5k or more you would need around 8L.

4L first drive 20km or more, drain and refill again with the remaining 4L. If gear doesn't improve you need a replacement transmission
Please do you have anybody's contact who sells honda city CVT fluid? I just bought another transmission and the engineer would mount it on Saturday,so i want to make sure i deal with the recommended fluid this time around. That stuff is expensive compared to it's counterparts. I can't be wasting money like this. Imagine,something i changed in February,now i have changed it again.
Re: 2006 Honda City Transmission Vibration While Trying To Move by 9icetoo(m): 6:42am On Oct 08, 2021
Emekayoung:

Please do you have anybody's contact who sells honda city CVT fluid? I just bought another transmission and the engineer would mount it on Saturday,so i want to make sure i deal with the recommended fluid this time around. That stuff is expensive compared to it's counterparts. I can't be wasting money like this. Imagine,something i changed in February,now i have changed it again.
Search for luvvinhubby on Nairaland. He sells the honda cvt fluid
Re: 2006 Honda City Transmission Vibration While Trying To Move by Dozieson(m): 6:45am On Oct 08, 2021
Emekayoung:

Changed gear twice in a year because of fluild?

@gazzuzz and co should come and help o
Re: 2006 Honda City Transmission Vibration While Trying To Move by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:50am On Oct 08, 2021
Dozieson:

Honda CVT fluid is a must for the Honda city with automatic transmission, if not it will die a quick death

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2006 Honda City Transmission Vibration While Trying To Move by idu1(m): 9:39am On Oct 08, 2021
Dozieson:

Those are the people that just buy car with out single knowledge about what they are buying.

2 Likes

Re: 2006 Honda City Transmission Vibration While Trying To Move by nurey(m): 12:44pm On Oct 08, 2021
Emekayoung:

Cc gazzuzz and luvinghubby
Re: 2006 Honda City Transmission Vibration While Trying To Move by Emekayoung(m): 7:53pm On Oct 08, 2021
idu1:

Those are the people that just buy car with out single knowledge about what they are buying.
If you don't have any reasonable contribution please bounce out. You are not needed here. Did I come to beg you for money?

7 Likes

Re: 2006 Honda City Transmission Vibration While Trying To Move by Emekayoung(m): 8:30pm On Oct 08, 2021
9icetoo:

Search for luvvinhubby on Nairaland. He sells the honda cvt fluid
I have tried reaching out to him but it seems he is not always online. Can anyone assist me with his contact number?
Re: 2006 Honda City Transmission Vibration While Trying To Move by Dozieson(m): 9:22pm On Oct 08, 2021
Emekayoung:

I have tried reaching out to him but it seems he is not always online. Can anyone assist me with his contact number?

See below

Signature: www.hondaspares.com.ng - 08029255299 . Whatsapp - 08099451504

To see details of people's profile, Cliq on their profile name, scroll downward to see their contacts.
Re: 2006 Honda City Transmission Vibration While Trying To Move by idu1(m): 10:10pm On Oct 08, 2021
Emekayoung:

If you don't have any reasonable contribution please bounce out. You are not needed here. Did I come to beg you for money?

No. it's knowledge you are begging for.
Re: 2006 Honda City Transmission Vibration While Trying To Move by centoke30(m): 7:37pm On Oct 09, 2021
That's a body valve issue

1 Like

Re: 2006 Honda City Transmission Vibration While Trying To Move by Emekayoung(m): 3:01am On Oct 14, 2021
centoke30:
That's a body valve issue
Three people also said the same thing but i decided to change the whole gear system instead of trying to repair it,because then i didn't want to take any chance of repairing and end up with stories. But you seem to know more about gear box. Tell me more.

1 Like

Re: 2006 Honda City Transmission Vibration While Trying To Move by Dozieson(m): 6:35am On Oct 14, 2021
Emekayoung:

Three people also said the same thing but i decided to change the whole gear system instead of trying to repair it,because then i didn't want to take any chance of repairing and end up with stories. But you seem to know more about gear box. Tell me more.

Baba you have done the right thing
Re: 2006 Honda City Transmission Vibration While Trying To Move by otbaba: 2:49pm On Jan 27, 2022
lease I need technical support for Honda City 2006 automatic 7 speed mode.

I noticed that lately when you are on a slow speed and you decide to accelerate again ,it jerks and jerks vigorously when you attempt to climb a hill.

Also, I noticed that after it has been driven for some time and parked, by the time you want to drive again say after another couple of hours it doesn't respond when you put the gear on drive. It will just revv and no motion will take place until you change the gear back to park and then back to drive twice or more before it will now respond. Though when on reverse or neutral it doesn't behave like that.

I also noticed that I could be driving and occasionally it will just revv by itself and no motion will take place for a couple of seconds. Instead you could see a deceleration of the gear speed back to 1 even when you try to fire the engine. I will have to switch between park and drive for it to respond again and move .

Lastly I noticed the green light when on drive could be blinking when I intend to start the car at times. I will have to allow it cool for some time and restart the car before the blinking stops.

Please what can be the issue? My mechanic says it was initially coil affecting the transmission , we changed it, later we changed the plugs and also one of the sensors but the these things still continues... And the jerking can be very profound if the A/C is on and you are about to accelerate maybe after a hold up. Someone said maybe it's the gear but sincerely on a normal speed no jerking of any sort. I changed the transmission ATF after ignorantly consulting people who where ignorant about gear transmission like I was and Jeezco ATF was recommended by Mechanics some months ago around October.

What recommended Oil can be used and where can I get it Please...Help pls

Kindly help pls.
Re: 2006 Honda City Transmission Vibration While Trying To Move by 9icetoo(m): 10:15pm On Jan 27, 2022
otbaba:

I noticed that lately when you are on a slow speed and you decide to accelerate again ,it jerks and jerks vigorously when you attempt to climb a hill.

Also, I noticed that after it has been driven for some time and parked, by the time you want to drive again say after another couple of hours it doesn't respond when you put the gear on drive. It will just revv and no motion will take place until you change the gear back to park and then back to drive twice or more before it will now respond. Though when on reverse or neutral it doesn't behave like that.

I also noticed that I could be driving and occasionally it will just revv by itself and no motion will take place for a couple of seconds. Instead you could see a deceleration of the gear speed back to 1 even when you try to fire the engine. I will have to switch between park and drive for it to respond again and move .

Lastly I noticed the green light when on drive could be blinking when I intend to start the car at times. I will have to allow it cool for some time and restart the car before the blinking stops.

Please what can be the issue? My mechanic says it was initially coil affecting the transmission , we changed it, later we changed the plugs and also one of the sensors but the these things still continues... And the jerking can be very profound if the A/C is on and you are about to accelerate maybe after a hold up. Someone said maybe it's the gear but sincerely on a normal speed no jerking of any sort. I changed the transmission ATF after ignorantly consulting people who where ignorant about gear transmission like I was and Jeezco ATF was recommended by Mechanics some months ago around October.

Kindly help pls.
Replace transmission and use Honda cvtf going forward.
Re: 2006 Honda City Transmission Vibration While Trying To Move by Stanobel: 11:21am On Jan 28, 2022
Good afternoon sir please i use a honda city 2007 model i noticed that when i bought the car the man had not serviced it instead they were tooping it so i took it for servicing and the welded under bfore loosing it and my mechanic poured one oil 8k and changed oil seal then after that day i noticed if i start it blue smoke will just be coming out for 15mind bfore it stop and then if i put gear the car vibrates then if i on ac it vibrates badly like it will off so they said i need to get another engine that mine is gone because it can not carry load again i changed d plugs but two of the plugs use to soak oil so am just confused don’t know what to do.. please dont be offended with hw i type i just need solutions

Please i need answers please
Re: 2006 Honda City Transmission Vibration While Trying To Move by temi4fash(m): 12:15pm On Jan 28, 2022
otbaba:

Kindly help pls.

From experience the gear don go...

You would need to replace the gear..

FOr the Oil, Addinol CVT oil, atleast you are sure it is not fake, there distributor is in Ladipo
Re: 2006 Honda City Transmission Vibration While Trying To Move by otbaba: 11:49am On Jan 29, 2022
Thanks @temi4fash. But will that help correct the gear issue and also this Addinol CVT Oil cost how much and can I get it in Abuja?
Also can't I use other CVT like the one attached

temi4fash:

From experience the gear don go...

You would need to replace the gear..

FOr the Oil, Addinol CVT oil, atleast you are sure it is not fake, there distributor is in Ladipo

Re: 2006 Honda City Transmission Vibration While Trying To Move by temi4fash(m): 8:45am On Feb 02, 2022
otbaba:
Thanks @temi4fash. But will that help correct the gear issue and also this Addinol CVT Oil cost how much and can I get it in Abuja?
Also can't I use other CVT like the one attached

There are alot of fakes of this CVT oil.

It is the one i use, that is what i know.. You can give them a call am saure there should be away to get it to you.

The last time i bought, it was around 16k
Re: 2006 Honda City Transmission Vibration While Trying To Move by Emekayoung(m): 7:52am On Feb 11, 2022
All of you listing your cars problems. The best thing is to change another gear and use recommended honda cvt fluid. That's the only option. Don't allow any mechanic deceive you. Because they will just be making you waste your hard earned money.

2 Likes

Re: 2006 Honda City Transmission Vibration While Trying To Move by elderbros(m): 3:28pm On Mar 05, 2022
Emekayoung:
All of you listing your cars problems. The best thing is to change another gear and use recommended honda cvt fluid. That's the only option. Don't allow any mechanic deceive you. Because they will just be making you waste your hard earned money.

I have this same issue with vibration in the transmission. Also just as you explained it only moves when in R when car is cool or has been parked for long, doesn't responds in D immediately though after switching between P and R severally it will eventually drive sometimes takes 5minutes. I changed the speed sensors and used this top1 cvt fluid you attached earlier. Still same issue.
Please note that I've changed the gearbox before around November 2020 due to the vibration issue and I serviced with the top 1 fluid, worked fine until late December 2021
Re: 2006 Honda City Transmission Vibration While Trying To Move by Emekayoung(m): 12:26am On May 04, 2022
elderbros:

I have this same issue with vibration in the transmission. Also just as you explained it only moves when in R when car is cool or has been parked for long, doesn't responds in D immediately though after switching between P and R severally it will eventually drive sometimes takes 5minutes. I changed the speed sensors and used this top1 cvt fluid you attached earlier. Still same issue.
Please note that I've changed the gearbox before around November 2020 due to the vibration issue and I serviced with the top 1 fluid, worked fine until late December 2021
As far as you are using a Honda vehicle with a CVT transmission,you must be servicing it with a CVT fluid. If not,your transmission will die. That's how they were built. They are not as rugged as other transmission systems. Honda CVT fluid picture is attached below. That car showed me pepper until i discovered the secret. Also note that the CVT fluid cannot rectify the transmission fault if it has been affected. You must start using it from the very start so it won't disappoint you.

1 Like

Re: 2006 Honda City Transmission Vibration While Trying To Move by Emekayoung(m): 12:28am On May 04, 2022
Honda wants us to use their own specified transmission fluid for each transmission variant. Don't be fooled by anyone o.
Re: 2006 Honda City Transmission Vibration While Trying To Move by Jibwillz: 3:42pm On Oct 29, 2023
This is currently my reality.
All the above listed problems were my experiences before the gear stopped working last week

Any idea on the current price of a new transmission?

1 Like

Re: 2006 Honda City Transmission Vibration While Trying To Move by Emekayoung(m): 9:02am On Nov 15, 2023
Jibwillz:
This is currently my reality.
All the above listed problems were my experiences before the gear stopped working last week

Any idea on the current price of a new transmission?
What year model of Honda city is it? The car is good but the gear issue spoilt the whole thing. Someone said he bought his own recently for 140k. And after everything you can still sell your condemned gear for 25k to aboki guys.
Re: 2006 Honda City Transmission Vibration While Trying To Move by goodnewscliff(m): 10:46am On Nov 15, 2023
I learnt a whole lot from this
Re: 2006 Honda City Transmission Vibration While Trying To Move by wahabraje(m): 3:05pm On Nov 15, 2023
@emekayoung please at what interval should I service my Honda city 2007 gear box

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Durable Is Hyundai Sonata 2013 / Selling Only Accident Or Salvage Cars / Seen In Traffic Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.