Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,287 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

How Ndiigbo Oppressed And Marginalized The Eastern Region Minorities - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Ndiigbo Oppressed And Marginalized The Eastern Region Minorities (3036 Views)

Atrocities Of Ojukwu & Biafra Rebels Against Old Eastern Region’s Minorities / South-East Development Commission Bill: Igbos No Longer Marginalized - Akpabio / PDP Marginalized The Igbo's According To Dave Umahi, But Check This Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Ndiigbo Oppressed And Marginalized The Eastern Region Minorities by kettykin: 2:44pm On Jun 04, 2021
It seems this is a war between light and darkness, a war between a country built on truth and facts and a country built and founded on lies.

May the will of God prevail

4 Likes

Re: How Ndiigbo Oppressed And Marginalized The Eastern Region Minorities by mrvitalis(m): 3:14pm On Jun 04, 2021
Uteghe:

Why didn't the minorities support Biafra? I'm an Oron man. I don't know the origin and meaning of Biafra. Oron will never be part of it. Oron is richer than some European countries so it's country on it's own. If you want Biafra, best of luck.
Ok Mr oron Man why are u not fighting for oron republic ? ...that's a very important question or are u comfortable with Nigeria n oron as it is ?

I Know for sure oron is marginalized in akwa ibom n wants a separate states

Same mistake oron made by abandoning their efik brothers in cross river to join akwa ibom ...same mistake

But truth is biafra was a south south idea particularly the ijaw idea

Akwa ibom man was the last president of biafra Philip efiong maybe u should do more research next time

And honestly igbos don't care if u join or not

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Ndiigbo Oppressed And Marginalized The Eastern Region Minorities by horsepower102: 3:19pm On Jun 04, 2021
OfoIgbo:
I am waiting for your ogbunigwe cool

Me too grin
Re: How Ndiigbo Oppressed And Marginalized The Eastern Region Minorities by Kinematics: 3:21pm On Jun 04, 2021
eduj:

Cameron (colonised by germany) was split by the french and English after Germany lost in the second world war.
It only made sense that southern cameroon join those they are familiar with

Igbo man say the truth as it is. Southern Anglophone Cameroon joined La République du Cameroun simply because they felt cheated by the Igbos in Eastern Nigeria. This is a known fact.

3 Likes

Re: How Ndiigbo Oppressed And Marginalized The Eastern Region Minorities by horsepower102: 3:21pm On Jun 04, 2021
Kwashiman:
When Mazi Igboid starts a thread, you just know it's about to GO DOWN!!! grin

Honestly, I leave everything I am doing to read his thread. That man is very knowledgeable and comes with the receipts.

1 Like

Re: How Ndiigbo Oppressed And Marginalized The Eastern Region Minorities by horsepower102: 3:24pm On Jun 04, 2021
garfield1:

Keep your Biafra to igboland

You just deflected from answering the genuine questions he asked. Shame on you if that’s all you could come up with.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Ndiigbo Oppressed And Marginalized The Eastern Region Minorities by ken6488(m): 3:24pm On Jun 04, 2021
JohnSin97:
Honestly speaking, if Nigeria breaks up South south groups apart from the edoid groups(Edo republic) would do exceptionally well in a biafran nation....the igbos, ijaws, ikwerre, efiks, and other ethic groups within the south south all share alot in common with the south east, interethnic marriages, being neighbors, similar cultures and religions....makes for the perfect country. Most people can't differentiate between Igbo and ikwerre, or Igbo and ijaw.....they are all blood brothers, and there's no biafra without their south south cousins and vice versa.
We share nothing in common

2 Likes

Re: How Ndiigbo Oppressed And Marginalized The Eastern Region Minorities by ken6488(m): 3:25pm On Jun 04, 2021
Keep your biafra out of Niger delta
Re: How Ndiigbo Oppressed And Marginalized The Eastern Region Minorities by horsepower102: 3:28pm On Jun 04, 2021
JohnSin97:
Honestly speaking, if Nigeria breaks up South south groups apart from the edoid groups(Edo republic) would do exceptionally well in a biafran nation....the igbos, ijaws, ikwerre, efiks, and other ethic groups within the south south all share alot in common with the south east, interethnic marriages, being neighbors, similar cultures and religions....makes for the perfect country. Most people can't differentiate between Igbo and ikwerre, or Igbo and ijaw.....they are all blood brothers, and there's no biafra without their south south cousins and vice versa.

I respect your opinion but things have changed. These groups that you mentioned consider igbos as their greatest enemy. So over the years a lot of Igbo have seen their true colors and have given up on any form of unity or brotherhood with them. Let everyone stay in their own. The vast majority of igbos agree with me despite the nonsense IPOB is pushing.

2 Likes

Re: How Ndiigbo Oppressed And Marginalized The Eastern Region Minorities by horsepower102: 3:32pm On Jun 04, 2021
Uteghe:

Why didn't the minorities support Biafra? I'm an Oron man. I don't know the origin and meaning of Biafra. Oron will never be part of it. Oron is richer than some European countries so it's country on it's own. If you want Biafra, best of luck.

Did anyone tie you down to force you to be part of Biafra?. Why do minorities like attention?

Do you think that if Oron people who I have no problem with, decides to be on their own that igbos will force you to be part of them?

What is wrong with you minorities? You desperately seeking attention for no reason when the situation doesn’t even call for it.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Ndiigbo Oppressed And Marginalized The Eastern Region Minorities by JohnSin97: 3:46pm On Jun 04, 2021
ken6488:
We share nothing in common

Your opinions doesn't affect reality. Igbos, ijaws and other SS minorities share alot, even in your voting pattarns.

1 Like

Re: How Ndiigbo Oppressed And Marginalized The Eastern Region Minorities by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jun 04, 2021
Kinematics:

Igbo man say the truth as it is. Southern Anglophone Cameroon joined La Republic du Cameroon simply because they felt cheated by the Igbos in Eastern Nigeria. This is a known fact.
Guess the where warmly embraced in cameroon now

3 Likes

Re: How Ndiigbo Oppressed And Marginalized The Eastern Region Minorities by MrColdsweat: 4:17pm On Jun 04, 2021
If you are an igbo man who has lived in rivers, bayelsa and delta, you will not pray to have a nation with these people.

The ijaws are natural killing machines. Ikwerre/diobu boys are lazy and proud armed robbers. What about warri boys?

I want a pure Igbo nation where all citizens are busy and productive. Not staying by the roadside with sharp objects looking for who to rob.

8 Likes

Re: How Ndiigbo Oppressed And Marginalized The Eastern Region Minorities by OfoIgbo: 4:17pm On Jun 04, 2021
Kinematics:

Igbo man say the truth as it is. Southern Anglophone Cameroon joined La Republic du Cameroon simply because they felt cheated by the Igbos in Eastern Nigeria. This is a known fact.

It is not a known fact, because the neutral Sir Willinks investigated the various allegations put before his committee, and in their report, they declared that there was no evidence of Igbos marginalising the eastern minorities.

By the way, I want an all-Igbo nation, as I am not ready for all these little complaints that may keep Igbos bogged down and not making the necessary advances that we have to make

5 Likes

Re: How Ndiigbo Oppressed And Marginalized The Eastern Region Minorities by Uteghe(m): 5:01pm On Jun 04, 2021
mrvitalis:

Ok Mr oron Man why are u not fighting for oron republic ? ...that's a very important question or are u comfortable with Nigeria n oron as it is ?

I Know for sure oron is marginalized in akwa ibom n wants a separate states

Same mistake oron made by abandoning their efik brothers in cross river to join akwa ibom ...same mistake

But truth is biafra was a south south idea particularly the ijaw idea

Akwa ibom man was the last president of biafra Philip efiong maybe u should do more research next time

And honestly igbos don't care if u join or not
How did Oron abandon their efik bros? Is IBB who put oron in Akwa Ibom an oron man?
Re: How Ndiigbo Oppressed And Marginalized The Eastern Region Minorities by mrvitalis(m): 5:09pm On Jun 04, 2021
Uteghe:

How did Oron abandon their efik bros? Is IBB who put oron in Akwa Ibom an oron man?
Oron was not initially in the map ...the were added later

1 Like

Re: How Ndiigbo Oppressed And Marginalized The Eastern Region Minorities by IGBOSON1: 5:16pm On Jun 04, 2021
Nice post OP!

Was Akpabio Hall at UNN named after Thompson Akpabio?

Anyone else noticed how Akpabio and Imoke, both former governors....and whose Dads played prominent roles in the highest levels of governance in the then Eastern Region, went on to marry Igbo ladies!? smiley

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Ndiigbo Oppressed And Marginalized The Eastern Region Minorities by IGBOSON1: 5:20pm On Jun 04, 2021
horsepower102:

Did anyone tie you down to force you to be part of Biafra?. Why do minorities like attention?

Do you think that if Oron people who I have no problem with, decides to be on their own that igbos will force you to be part of them?

What is wrong with you minorities? You desperately seeking attention for no reason when the situation doesn’t even call for it.

Hehehehehe grin grin grin

Ignore the guy! smiley

3 Likes

Re: How Ndiigbo Oppressed And Marginalized The Eastern Region Minorities by ken6488(m): 5:27pm On Jun 04, 2021
JohnSin97:

Your opinions doesn't affect reality. Igbos, ijaws and other SS minorities share alot, even in your voting pattarns.
I have stayed in all south south state you can't tell me what I know
Re: How Ndiigbo Oppressed And Marginalized The Eastern Region Minorities by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jun 04, 2021
A Biafra with south south minorities (especially ijaws and the rivers tribes) isn't better than a restructured Nigeria If Nk's argument is that the igbo needs it's freedom,then only the SE and asaba with obigbo should make up biafra.we can have an EU type of association with the SS minorities
Re: How Ndiigbo Oppressed And Marginalized The Eastern Region Minorities by buckeyemedia: 12:11am On Jun 05, 2021
OfoIgbo:

It is not a known fact, because the neutral Sir Willinks investigated the various allegations put before his committee, and in their report, they declared that there was no evidence of Igbos marginalising the eastern minorities.

By the way, I want an all-Igbo nation, as I am not ready for all these little complaints that may keep Igbos bogged down and not making the necessary advances that we have to make
Liar they were heavily marginalized, Why was the capital of Eastern region in Enugu when everyone knows Calabar is the capital of Biafra, the Hinterland people were the slaves of Biafra, you think you can create your stories to fit your own narrative?
Re: How Ndiigbo Oppressed And Marginalized The Eastern Region Minorities by Kinematics: 4:57am On Jun 05, 2021
eduj:

Guess the where warmly embraced in cameroon now

Atleast they are far better of today than being with the Ibos in Nigeria.
Re: How Ndiigbo Oppressed And Marginalized The Eastern Region Minorities by Kinematics: 5:06am On Jun 05, 2021
OfoIgbo:

[s]It is not a known fact, because the neutral Sir Willinks investigated the various allegations put before his committee, and in their report, they declared that there was no evidence of Igbos marginalising the eastern minorities.

By the way, I want an all-Igbo nation, as I am not ready for all these little complaints that may keep Igbos bogged down and not making the necessary advances that we have to make[/s]

[b]Which dirty Willinks. So the Willinks didn't tell you how the ibos took over eastern Nigeria and made every other non ibo tribes worthless?
The British governed then eastern Nigeria from Enugu. After independence the ibos made sure they were the head of every meaningful agency/parastatal/board in the region, making the other tribes of the then eastern region including Southern Anglophone Cameroon second fiddle. Anglophone Cameroonians that held major offices in Enugu all of a sudden became common members without any major portfolio. This made some of their representatives angry and started a movement against oppression by the ibos in eastern Nigeria. When the opportunity came in 1961 for them to choose either to remain in Nigeria or join French Cameroon they voted overwhelmingly to join La République du Cameroun.
The Northern Anglophone Cameroon which is now parts of Borno, Taraba, Adamawa and Benue States joined Nigeria simply because they were treated fairly in Northern Nigeria.

Ibo man I repeat say the truth...[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Ndiigbo Oppressed And Marginalized The Eastern Region Minorities by rafindo(m): 7:57am On Jun 05, 2021
DiagnoPolitics:

Rafiu the abokinna, stop disguising like werey. grin

Lol.
The intolerance level we have in the east is as good as Islamist. Must everyone support your views on ipob and Biafra. The truth is simple Adamawa was also a British mandate too but they chose nigeria so why was south Cameroon which by then was English speaking prefer to join the french Cameroon over the eastern region. Abeg go and confuse those small little kid in nairaland who don't know their history and geography not me.
Re: How Ndiigbo Oppressed And Marginalized The Eastern Region Minorities by rafindo(m): 7:58am On Jun 05, 2021
Kinematics:

[b]Which dirty Willinks. So the Willinks didn't tell you how the ibos took over eastern Nigeria and made every other non ibo tribes worthless?
The British governed then eastern Nigeria from Enugu. After independence the ibos made sure they were the head of every meaningful agency/parastatal/board in the region, making the other tribes eastern Nigeria including Southern Anglophone Cameroon second fiddle. Anglophone Cameroonians that held major offices in Enugu all of a sudden became common members without any major portfolio. This made some of their representatives angry and started a movement against oppression by the ibos in eastern Nigeria. When the opportunity came in 1961 for them to choose either to remain in Nigeria or join French Cameroon they voted overwhelmingly to join La République du Cameroun.
The Northern Angliphone Cameroon which is now parts of Borno, Taraba, Adamawa and Benue States joined Nigeria simply because they were treated fairly in Northern Nigeria.

Ibo man I repeat say the truth...[/b]

Leave my brothers let them be lying to themselves with half truths and have lies.

1 Like

Re: How Ndiigbo Oppressed And Marginalized The Eastern Region Minorities by rafindo(m): 8:02am On Jun 05, 2021
ken6488:

I have stayed in all south south state you can't tell me what I know

Leave all this nnamdi kanu clowns. An ogoni man despises an igbo man more an Hausa man.go and live in kpean in Khana LGA.come back and preach this nonsense again.
Re: How Ndiigbo Oppressed And Marginalized The Eastern Region Minorities by rafindo(m): 8:11am On Jun 05, 2021
eduj:

Cameron (colonised by germany) was split by the french and English after Germany lost in the second world war.

Don't come and confuse us here oh. I am an expert in cartography and history. Why did Adamawa voted to join nigeria and then English speaking Cameroon took a dash of to join a French speaking country. Let tell ourselves the truth nah. We also treated minorities under us so bad then. That why they prefer the nigeria structure that this Biafra nonsense propaganda.
Re: How Ndiigbo Oppressed And Marginalized The Eastern Region Minorities by Nobody: 8:16am On Jun 05, 2021
Kinematics:

Atleast they are far better of today than being with the Ibos in Nigeria.

How are they far better ? Today many of them are in the East and other parts of Nigeria, fleeing the unreported civil war in there region.
They are underrepresented , dominated and there region underdeveloped than even the NE of Nigeria.

There isn't any aspect you look at it that they are better of .
Re: How Ndiigbo Oppressed And Marginalized The Eastern Region Minorities by Nobody: 8:22am On Jun 05, 2021
rafindo:

Don't come and confuse us here oh. I am an expert in cartography and history. Why did Adamawa voted to join nigeria and then English speaking Cameroon took a dash of to join a French speaking country. Let tell ourselves the truth nah. We also treated minorities under us so bad then. That why they prefer the nigeria structure that this Biafra nonsense propaganda.
Expert in cartography and history? And also igbo ? You and I know that's a lie but anything to make you feel important. In what aspect did igbo's marginalize the minorities?
By building industrial Estates in pH and Enugu ?

Or is it by giving them almost equal representation ? Or is it through the even spread of projects like in the then Eastern Nigeria?
Do you truly believe that given a referendum that the minorities of Nigeria will vote to remain?
Even as of today, majority of homogeneous groups will mostly vote to be independent if given the choice not necessarily because of margilinasation

1 Like

Re: How Ndiigbo Oppressed And Marginalized The Eastern Region Minorities by nsiba: 8:26am On Jun 05, 2021
eduj:

Sharap
They were the first to announce no sale of land to the Ibos, the Obong of Calabar was copied as well as every 1st class chiefs that of the Ekpe cult
They seceded primarily becos of the Igbo's they are most related to us than their Douala speaking group.
From Ikom to Bamenda and Ekeng to Bakassi are of same stock
We trace our origin to Cameroon

1 Like

Re: How Ndiigbo Oppressed And Marginalized The Eastern Region Minorities by Kinematics: 9:49am On Jun 05, 2021
eduj:

[s]How are they far better ? Today many of them are in the East and other parts of Nigeria, fleeing the unreported civil war in there region.
They are underrepresented , dominated and there region underdeveloped than even the NE of Nigeria.

There isn't any aspect you look at it that they are better of .[/s]

Do you know how many Nigerians are in Cameroon? Nigerians fleeing boko haram and hardship?
Go sit down one side with this your rubbish. Yes they are marginalised by the Francophone and what's your point? You mean it's better they be marginalised by the ibos than being marginalised by Francophones?

Re: How Ndiigbo Oppressed And Marginalized The Eastern Region Minorities by Kinematics: 10:03am On Jun 05, 2021
eduj:

[s]Expert in cartography and history? And also igbo ? You and I know that's a lie but anything to make you feel important. In what aspect did igbo's marginalize the minorities?
By building industrial Estates in pH and Enugu ?

Or is it by giving them almost equal representation ? Or is it through the even spread of projects like in the then Eastern Nigeria?
Do you truly believe that given a referendum that the minorities of Nigeria will vote to remain?
Even as of today, majority of homogeneous groups will mostly vote to be independent if given the choice not necessarily because of margilinasation[/s]

You built industrial estate in PH? So you ibos want to take credit for the works of the British too?
Things built by the British after setting up PH as a port city for export of raw materials they stole from Nigeria all in the name of colonisation. You ibos keep on amazing me.
Which equal representation are you talking about? Is 85% ibos and 15% for the rest tribes equal representation? How many persons from present day Bayelsa, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Cross River, NW and SW region of Cameroon was given meaningful position in the then eastern region?

Yes we in the SS are not thinking of remaining in Nigeria if Biafra and Nigeria decide to split, but never is going with Biafra an option.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ENDSARS: Okowa Receives Panel's Report, Says Govt Will Support Victims' Families / 2023: E Don Dey Clear For Ipob And Obidient Eye / Buhari And Seyi Tinubu's Foot, A Call For Concern.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.