Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,506 members, 7,808,858 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:04 PM

Ekiti Suspends Minimum Wage, Slashes Workers, Political Appointees’ Salaries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Suspends Minimum Wage, Slashes Workers, Political Appointees’ Salaries (18200 Views)

El-Rufai Reacts as Ekiti Suspends Minimum Wage, Slashes Workers' Salaries / Governor Ganduje Slashes Political Appointees' Salaries By 50% / Fayose’s Last Dinner Party, Food Wasted As Political Appointees, Friends Shun It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti Suspends Minimum Wage, Slashes Workers, Political Appointees’ Salaries by Doraty1(f): 2:15pm On Jun 04, 2021
Ekiti State government, on Friday, announced the suspension the Consequential Salary Adjustment (minimum wage) and a cut in the salaries of workers and that of the political appointees.

The minimum wage was being enjoyed by workers on grade levels 07 to 12 since January. It has now been partially suspended for a period of three months.

Workers on grade levels 01 and 06 were lucky, as their N30,000 minimum wage was not affected by the cut.

In December last year, labour unions in the state had threatened to shut down activities of the state government if Governor Kayode Fayemi failed to implement the N30,000 minimum wages and the consequential adjustment to workers across board.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/12/minimum-wage-well-shut-down-govt-activities-if-ekiti-workers/?amp=1

Also, in March, activities at the Ekiti State House of Assembly were on a total lockdown for over three hours, following a peaceful protest by workers in the state over the contentious minimum wage.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/03/protesting-workers-shut-ekiti-assembly-over-minimum-wage/?amp=1

The cut was part of agreement reached on Friday in Ado-Ekiti, the state capital, during the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding, Mou, between the government and organised labour.

Representing the government at the meeting were Head of Service, Mrs Peju Babafemi; the Senior Special Assistant to the Governor on Labour Matters, Oluyemi Esan, and the Permanent Secretary, Office of Establishment and Service Matters, Mr. Bayo Opeyemi.

The Chairmen, Nigerian Labour Congress, Kolapo Olatunde; his counterpart in the Trade Union Congress, Sola Adigun, and that of the Joint Negotiating Council Kayode Fatomiluyi, as well as their Secretaries, signed on behalf of the labour centres.

Terms and conditions

Contained in the agreement, read by the TUC Chairman, Sola Adigun, was the suspension of the consequential adjustment for certain categories of workers for a period of three months— May to July.

It was agreed that the salaries of political appointees be slashed by 25 percent for a period of three months.

The pact also included that the release of the running grant for the running of government office be reduced, while monthly meeting of the Economic Review Committee was mandated to convene five days after the meeting of the Federal Account Allocation Committee, FAAC, to keep the workers abreast of the state’s financial position.

Also, 10 percent internally generated revenue, being the state responsibility to JAAC, be released to the local governments henceforth.

Government assured that it won’t downsize or retrench any worker as a result of the present economic crunch hitting the state.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/06/breaking-ekiti-suspends-minimum-wage-slashes-workers-political-appointees-salaries/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&amp=1&utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Suspends Minimum Wage, Slashes Workers, Political Appointees’ Salaries by Ihatemen(f): 2:18pm On Jun 04, 2021
I hate PDP
I hate APC
I hate pastors
I hate imams
I hate Muslims
I hate Tinubu
I hate Buhari
I hate all men

17 Likes

Re: Ekiti Suspends Minimum Wage, Slashes Workers, Political Appointees’ Salaries by triple996(m): 2:29pm On Jun 04, 2021
D guy above me needs to b directed to yaba left grin. His own is critical. Water don pass garri.

87 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti Suspends Minimum Wage, Slashes Workers, Political Appointees’ Salaries by MasterKG(m): 2:35pm On Jun 04, 2021
UAR in action

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Suspends Minimum Wage, Slashes Workers, Political Appointees’ Salaries by BF69BF: 2:35pm On Jun 04, 2021
Great development.

Waiting for the rubber stamp Senate to emulate this. Bunch of thieves.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti Suspends Minimum Wage, Slashes Workers, Political Appointees’ Salaries by Kakamorufu(m): 2:36pm On Jun 04, 2021
Na wa oo.
Which way Naija
Re: Ekiti Suspends Minimum Wage, Slashes Workers, Political Appointees’ Salaries by Sunofgod(m): 2:36pm On Jun 04, 2021
The oyel is becoming valueless....
Re: Ekiti Suspends Minimum Wage, Slashes Workers, Political Appointees’ Salaries by xtocom: 2:36pm On Jun 04, 2021
Ihatemen:
I hate PDP
I hate APC
I hate pastors
I hate imams
I hate Muslims
I hate Tinubu
I hate Buhari
I hate all men

you said you hate all men even Lai Mohammed and Adeshina? Anyway, if you remove all these lists, Nigeria will be next to heaven.

4 Likes

Re: Ekiti Suspends Minimum Wage, Slashes Workers, Political Appointees’ Salaries by rawtouch: 2:36pm On Jun 04, 2021
cool

this is unconstitutional
Re: Ekiti Suspends Minimum Wage, Slashes Workers, Political Appointees’ Salaries by ogododo: 2:36pm On Jun 04, 2021
Re: Ekiti Suspends Minimum Wage, Slashes Workers, Political Appointees’ Salaries by duullie88(m): 2:37pm On Jun 04, 2021
Hmm
Re: Ekiti Suspends Minimum Wage, Slashes Workers, Political Appointees’ Salaries by Shellsploit: 2:37pm On Jun 04, 2021
It is finally finished.
Re: Ekiti Suspends Minimum Wage, Slashes Workers, Political Appointees’ Salaries by anigbajumo(m): 2:37pm On Jun 04, 2021
Following the El rufai way, I hope it won't be too long b4 those greedy Governors up North will realises that oil money is no more sufficient or reliable. The better we restructure and allow each state to control the Resources in their domain the better for all of us.

Moreover, can anybody explain to be why power that's essential to boost investors to any state is not on concurrent list as well as security. Buhari cannot sit somewhere in Abuja and expecting him to secure Benue, Kogi and Emboyi and all other state together at once. Total Removal of anti human 1999 constitution is Paramount, anything outside this is a time bomb rehearsing how and when this country will collapse.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Suspends Minimum Wage, Slashes Workers, Political Appointees’ Salaries by DMerciful(m): 2:37pm On Jun 04, 2021
We warned Nigerians when APC politicians were coming as the messiahs to sell petrol for N40 per litre, will make $1=N1 and fix power in 6 months that they are scammers and liars but they said Sai Buhari, a new sheriff is coming to town, we're corrupt, we do not want change bla bla bla sheep.

Nigerians had it coming!

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti Suspends Minimum Wage, Slashes Workers, Political Appointees’ Salaries by fishmonger1(m): 2:38pm On Jun 04, 2021
Hmmm...
Re: Ekiti Suspends Minimum Wage, Slashes Workers, Political Appointees’ Salaries by ogododo: 2:38pm On Jun 04, 2021
triple996:
D guy above me needs to b directed to yaba left grin. His own is critical. Water don pass garri.
Abi Efferum north!
Re: Ekiti Suspends Minimum Wage, Slashes Workers, Political Appointees’ Salaries by AgentGoat: 2:39pm On Jun 04, 2021
grin

Time for people to enter farm.
Re: Ekiti Suspends Minimum Wage, Slashes Workers, Political Appointees’ Salaries by PHZADDY1(m): 2:39pm On Jun 04, 2021
When US upped their per hour minimum wage...UAR seff

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti Suspends Minimum Wage, Slashes Workers, Political Appointees’ Salaries by Piptocoin: 2:40pm On Jun 04, 2021
Nigeria....sorry, UAR never disappoints.

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Suspends Minimum Wage, Slashes Workers, Political Appointees’ Salaries by Mccullum: 2:40pm On Jun 04, 2021
Ihatemen:
I hate PDP
I hate APC
I hate pastors
I hate imams
I hate Muslims
I hate Tinubu
I hate Buhari
I hate all men

The only thing remain is to hate yourself.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Suspends Minimum Wage, Slashes Workers, Political Appointees’ Salaries by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jun 04, 2021
Ihatemen:
I hate PDP
I hate APC
I hate pastors
I hate imams
I hate Muslims
I hate Tinubu
I hate Buhari
I hate all men
BUT YOU MUST ALSO HATE YOURSELF

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Suspends Minimum Wage, Slashes Workers, Political Appointees’ Salaries by lagusboyyy(m): 2:41pm On Jun 04, 2021
Upon all the money this country made during the oil boom, things never changed for the better.

It is well.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Patented ‘My Oga At The Top’ Slogan - Shem Obafaiye, Viral NSCDC Officer / ALSCON: Fayemi ‘Ignores’ Supreme Court Ruling / Twitter User Claims Women Arrested In Oyigbo By The Army Were Raped, Tortured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.