Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,414 members, 7,781,201 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:33 AM

What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? (24160 Views)

5 Things I Have Learned From Working In A One Man Business / What Was The Most Important Lessons You've Learned In Life? / 3 Life Lessons I Learned From A Shoe Cobbler - Johnspeak Uwangue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by SALLYBERRY01(m): 3:18pm On Jun 04, 2021
Share your thoughts and experience let learn from you.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by Bola146(f): 3:34pm On Jun 04, 2021
lipsrsealed To trust any female or love male again especially in a relationship,

57 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by Juliusmalema2: 3:46pm On Jun 04, 2021
Never to trust Buhari ever again in my life. Wailers warned me that year.

184 Likes 12 Shares

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by wunmi590(m): 1:58pm On Sep 10, 2021

I do good samaritan and lend or even sometimes gives out money...

But when it's my turn to borrow money from people nah story, they feel because I give out freely, i can't be broke too...

I have learnt to keep my money too even if i have alot to spare

150 Likes 10 Shares

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by MrThisandthat(m): 1:58pm On Sep 10, 2021
I learnt never to interfere in a relationship fight no matter how close your are to the couple...

That sh*t landed me in the worst relationship I have ever had in my life!

95 Likes 10 Shares

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by imoowo(m): 1:58pm On Sep 10, 2021
Do not trust women

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by Saskay44: 1:58pm On Sep 10, 2021
Ok

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by wunmi590(m): 1:59pm On Sep 10, 2021
OP come and share yours first, you can't start a thread and expect us to start sharing our own first....

Don't let us drag you before you start talking ooo angry

88 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by bigdammyj: 1:59pm On Sep 10, 2021
Noted
Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by parkervero(m): 1:59pm On Sep 10, 2021
Bola146:
lipsrsealed To trust any female or love male again especially in a relationship,
Don't vow yet

9 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by samuel051: 2:00pm On Sep 10, 2021
Sapa is d best teacher..

7 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by davibid: 2:00pm On Sep 10, 2021
Fx
Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by masterP042(m): 2:00pm On Sep 10, 2021
Don't lend more than what you can't forfeit.
Don't sign as guarantor for anyone not your nuclear family.
Don't send money to someone through anybody, it must be direct.
Save for a rainy day, live below your means.

A hungry stomach and an empty pocket teaches the best of lessons

152 Likes 17 Shares

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by NamelessOGBENI(m): 2:00pm On Sep 10, 2021
Trust is something you gotta earn on the street but
Trust nobody that's what I learned from the streets
Even Paul no trust Peter
Pastor say he's talking to God
I say put am for speaker

In short, I stop trusting folks a long time ago.

78 Likes 9 Shares

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Sep 10, 2021
1. That FAMILY may not be what it should be, but you must remain your best all the same. However, don't allow your enemy get the
best of you BY BRINGING OUT THE WORST IN YOU...

2. That MOST of life's battles are in your mind, win the battle of your mind, and you will win 80% of life's battles...

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by Simpledude0847(m): 2:01pm On Sep 10, 2021
Don't you ever date ladies in their early 20s. Omo!!!! I wan mad

104 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by Earthstorms(m): 2:01pm On Sep 10, 2021
Keep written receipts and agreements even when dealing with friends

111 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by emkz: 2:01pm On Sep 10, 2021
When you want to get married, pay attention to dissenting voices even though the people don't like you or you feel they don't like you.

And more importantly, pay attention to your own perceptions: it is not everyone you must get into a relationship with and it is not everyone you must have sex with. Infact, it is not everyone you should be talking with.

And most importantly, stand up and speak up for yourself, no one will. I did not learn this the hard way, it is the reason why I surmounted some of life's toughest challenges.

This last one is honourable mention: Never disclose how much you have in savings to ANY friend. They are not asking because they care, but they are asking to be sure you can be useful when they need you.

85 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by YTmami(f): 2:01pm On Sep 10, 2021
People will love you and support you when it's beneficial.
You would have a lot of friends when all is rosy ,but when times are hard you're on your own.

106 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by imoowo(m): 2:01pm On Sep 10, 2021
Stopping addiction

5 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by Oluwapresley(m): 2:01pm On Sep 10, 2021
If I start to talk, when I go finish?

People are not what they seem. The worst are the ones that claim spiritual! Let me repeat myself; the worst of them are the ones that claim spiritual - any small thing, God told me this, God told me that.

Long story short, lost close to 2m in an investment with a Christian friend. Then the story changed. Started to see unchristian attitudes from the person.

116 Likes 12 Shares

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by bastien: 2:01pm On Sep 10, 2021
Learnt that your family and friends( especially friends) are not your real customers when you start a business or have one, they rather buy from other people than buy from you!

But when they wanna buy from you they tend to buy on credit cause the other person doesn’t give em credit!

I thank God for God

76 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by Mikael0407(m): 2:02pm On Sep 10, 2021
Certain opportunities come only once in a lifetime so always be ready to grab them

44 Likes 9 Shares

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by Ereolamide: 2:02pm On Sep 10, 2021
Be obedient to spiritual warnings.

You see those strange people that come across your way be it mad folks, white garment pastors, Alfas, in short those that come to give you any warning.

Please I beg you in whatever you believe in, even if you're an atheist, please learn to listen and obey.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Sep 10, 2021
That patience is a virtue

8 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by Chevrolet076(m): 2:02pm On Sep 10, 2021
That life isn't fair, and thinking people will be there for you because you've once been there for them is setting oneself up for depression.

That there is a thin line between poverty between children and parents.

That no matter the situation, people will always push their own interests first before yours, no matter the relationship you have with them.

That nobody loves you or wants to see you succeed more than them, infact, your success could infuriate them.

That people will not ordinarily show you a way that they're earning from except if they get to have more money from such actions.

Life sucks indeed !!! angry angry angry angry angry

100 Likes 10 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ican November 2014 Result / Victor Ifeanyichukwu Ede, UNIPORT Graduate Who Drives Keke Napep For A Living / I Suffer From Stage Fright - Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.