Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:01 AM

Blessing Olajide Rape & Death: Saraki, Nigerians Call For Justice (Photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Blessing Olajide Rape & Death: Saraki, Nigerians Call For Justice (Photos) (52779 Views)

Imo Youths Raze New House Of Suspected Yahoo Boy For Rape, Death Of 14-Year-Old / Favour Okechukwu Rape & Death: Father Of 11-Year-Old Girl Raped To Death Cries / Vera Uwaila's Rape & Death: IGP Assures Perpetrators Will Be Brought To Book (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blessing Olajide Rape & Death: Saraki, Nigerians Call For Justice (Photos) by fergie001: 3:26pm On Jun 04, 2021
See earlier thread https://www.nairaland.com/6585433/olajide-omowumi-blessing-unilorin-student-raped

#JusticeForOlajideBlessing: Abdulrazaq, Saraki, Others Mourn; Seek Justice

I mourn the shocking and utterly condemnable reported rape and murder of Miss Olajide Omowumi Blessing, a 300-level student of the University of Ilorin by some yet-to-be-identified persons.

The development is heart-wrenching and absolutely unacceptable. Such antisocial and despicable behaviour will never be acceptable to all people of good conscience, and all of us will unite to fight this to a logical conclusion. I call on the security agencies to get to the root of this dastardly act with a view to bringing the mindless perpetrators to book. I similarly call on anyone with valuable information to volunteer same to the security agencies,

I sincerely commiserate with the parents of the deceased, her course/ housemates, and the university community on this sad incident, while praying the Almighty God to repose her soul. I join every person of good conscience to seek justice for Blessing so that such callous action and its perpetrators will never find a foothold in our society. I hereby send strong warnings that we will not tolerate indiscriminate violence against any person, much less the girl child. Enough is enough! The security agencies will get the perpetrators to pay heavily for this crime.

Kwara State Governor, Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq

#JusticeForBlessing

I condemn in the strongest possible terms the rape and killing of Miss Blessing Olajide, a 300-level student of Agricultural Science at the University of Ilorin.

This act, which is evil, disgusting, and despicable in every sense, must be promptly investigated by the Police and the school authorities — so that the perpetrators are brought to justice.

The Kwara State government must work to ensure that this act does not go unpunished — as this will serve as a deterrent in the future and will assuage the fears of young women across our state who want to pursue their education.

It is my hope that the family of Miss Olajide finds the strength from Almighty God that they need at this difficult time as they mourn the passing of their young and promising daughter and sister.

Amen.

-ABS

Abubakar Bukola Saraki, CON

I received with great shock the news of the rape and subsequent murder of a promising 300 level student of University of Ilorin, Miss Blessing Olajide in her residence, Tanke area Ilorin.

The rape and gruesome murder of Miss Blessing by some yet to be identified persons is a cruel and barbaric act that offends human sensibility in its entirety and no society will tolerate or allow such evil acts to thrive.

I appeal to the @PoliceNG and other security agencies in the State for thorough and speedy investigation into the circumstances that led to the death of Miss Blessing, to ensure that all perpetrators of this act are made to face the full wrath of the law.

The gender-based violence stakeholders in the state will also serve as a pressure group to ensure that justice is served and will propose measures to ensure the safety of our young ones and in particular university students in the state.

While praying for the repose of the soul of the deceased, my heartfelt sympathy and condolences go to the friends and family of Blessing, her course mates, and the entire Unilorin Community for the colossal loss.

I also urge our young people to be vigilant and conscious of the company they keep.

Kwara State First Lady, Ambassador Mrs. Olufolake Abdulrazaq

JUSTICE FOR BLESSING

Focused Unilorites,

We are so sad to have received the news about the death of one our colleagues, Olajide Blessing, a 300 level student of Faculty of Agriculture who was raped and gruesomely murdered on the eve of Wednesday; June 2, 2021.

We use this opportunity to condemn this despicable act. As a Union, we will embark on a visit to the family and friends of the deceased to convey our condolence messages on behalf of all Unilorites and we pray that God grant the family, friends and all Unilorites fortitude to bear this unfortunate and irreparable loss.

The issue has been taken up by the law enforcement agency and a robust investigation has commenced to ensure that justice is attained for Blessing. We urge every Unilorites that have vital information regarding this incident to visit the nearest police station for proper briefings to aid the investigation process and help nip the perpetrators in the buds as we assure you of maximum safety.

We plead with all fellow colleagues to remain calm while being security conscious to allow police conduct their investigation. Be rest assured that we are part of the process and will not rest until justice is secured.

Unilorin Students Union

VC condemns rape, murder of Unilorin student

The Vice-Chancellor of the University of Ilorin, Prof. Sulyman Age Abdulkareem, has condemned the reported rape and murder of a 300 Level student of the institution, Miss Blessing Omowumi Olajide, at a location outside the University campus.

Prof. Abdulkareem, in his reaction to the unfortunate incident through the University's Director of Corporate Affairs, Mr. Kunle Akogun, said that the University management received the report of the incident with a heavy heart, saying that the incident was not only ugly but also absolutely unacceptable and must be condemned by people of good conscience.

While sympathising with relations, friends and colleagues of the deceased, the Vice-Chancellor assured that the University would work with security agencies to get to the root of the matter and expose the perpetrators of the heinous crime.

Prof. Abdulkareem urged students of the University to always be vigilant and conscious of their environment.

He also admonished the students to be wary of the kind of friends they keep places they visit and ensure they report strange faces or irregular movements in their areas to the school authorities or security agencies in order to preserve their dignity, integrity and safety.

He restated the commitment of the University management to ensure the general safety of the students and staff both within and outside the school.

SOURCE

Olajide Omowunmi Blessing, a 300- level Agricultural Science Department of the University of Ilorin, was raped & murdered at her Ilorin home where she resided with her elder sister.

Police commence Investigation

On late Blessing Omowunmi Olajide's gruesome murder, the CP Kwara has assured that, everything legally possibly is being done to unearth the perpetrators of this heinous crime. He adviced that anybody with any useful information should make such available to the police, please.

Kwara Police PRO, Okasanmi Ajayi

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Blessing Olajide Rape & Death: Saraki, Nigerians Call For Justice (Photos) by Xscape1993(m): 3:26pm On Jun 04, 2021
Justice all the time. When will all these culprits be brought to justice? The justice for this and for that is not helping issues ooo. What a country rule by unfortunate people!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blessing Olajide Rape & Death: Saraki, Nigerians Call For Justice (Photos) by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jun 04, 2021
RIP to her, she is beautiful Sha...
Some men are wicked and dey mad how can you rape a girl to death.. I don't understand...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blessing Olajide Rape & Death: Saraki, Nigerians Call For Justice (Photos) by fergie001: 3:29pm On Jun 04, 2021
Civil rights activists are demanding justice for Blessing Olajide, a 300 level University of Ilorin undergraduate who was raped and murdered by yet-to-be-identified rapists.

The rights activists who protested in Ilorin described the rape as one too many.

#RIPBlessing

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blessing Olajide Rape & Death: Saraki, Nigerians Call For Justice (Photos) by longetivity(m): 3:30pm On Jun 04, 2021
Any rapist caught should be killed

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Blessing Olajide Rape & Death: Saraki, Nigerians Call For Justice (Photos) by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jun 04, 2021
Rapist everywhere, don't be surprised some of them are here condemning the evil act too.

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blessing Olajide Rape & Death: Saraki, Nigerians Call For Justice (Photos) by AmgrayLogistics: 3:33pm On Jun 04, 2021
condolence to the deceased family........such a sad one

Amgray Logistics

1 Like

Re: Blessing Olajide Rape & Death: Saraki, Nigerians Call For Justice (Photos) by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jun 04, 2021
Below is the answer I got when I asked why Nigerian men like raping minors.
Dagger111:

Young VJ is so sight, unlike yours with dilapidated labia walls.

7 Likes

Re: Blessing Olajide Rape & Death: Saraki, Nigerians Call For Justice (Photos) by ralmix(m): 4:03pm On Jun 04, 2021

1 Like

Re: Blessing Olajide Rape & Death: Saraki, Nigerians Call For Justice (Photos) by fasho01(m): 4:03pm On Jun 04, 2021
The spate of rapes and murders ongoing is really really worrisome. Never has it been this bad in the history of this country

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blessing Olajide Rape & Death: Saraki, Nigerians Call For Justice (Photos) by Nackzy: 4:04pm On Jun 04, 2021
Hmmmmm nija
Re: Blessing Olajide Rape & Death: Saraki, Nigerians Call For Justice (Photos) by Abalado(f): 4:04pm On Jun 04, 2021
I think all this rapist are mad people,how much be olosho for my area,,with 1k u go tear person pussy,so I wonder,may be for ritual things anyway

7 Likes

Re: Blessing Olajide Rape & Death: Saraki, Nigerians Call For Justice (Photos) by Toks2008(m): 4:04pm On Jun 04, 2021
Sad but let this be a sober lesson for ladies...

According to the note, there is no ruling out a reprisal intent so please ladies do whatever you can to avoid trouble and don't ever mingle with cultists cos at the end, the lady usually bears the brunt.

May her soul RIP and the killers will never go unpunished.

22 Likes

Re: Blessing Olajide Rape & Death: Saraki, Nigerians Call For Justice (Photos) by tuna4servi(m): 4:04pm On Jun 04, 2021
This is so painful, RIP
Re: Blessing Olajide Rape & Death: Saraki, Nigerians Call For Justice (Photos) by Bvlgari: 4:04pm On Jun 04, 2021
Heartless!! Rip beautiful girl and may your killers be caught asap

4 Likes

Re: Blessing Olajide Rape & Death: Saraki, Nigerians Call For Justice (Photos) by Jesuschristus: 4:04pm On Jun 04, 2021
This is more of assassination and revenge, God will expose the killers soon

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blessing Olajide Rape & Death: Saraki, Nigerians Call For Justice (Photos) by NaijaOlosho(f): 4:04pm On Jun 04, 2021
The kind of bad news around the S- West eh undecided
Re: Blessing Olajide Rape & Death: Saraki, Nigerians Call For Justice (Photos) by quincyshakur(m): 4:05pm On Jun 04, 2021
Say No To Rape!
With 5h u go nack Olosho front an back till u tire undecided some dey collect 250 self grin

1 Like

Re: Blessing Olajide Rape & Death: Saraki, Nigerians Call For Justice (Photos) by powalez: 4:05pm On Jun 04, 2021
I wonder how a normal human being will just decide and engage in forceful sex, Una wey dey do am, e dey sweet Una?

3 Likes

Re: Blessing Olajide Rape & Death: Saraki, Nigerians Call For Justice (Photos) by definitelyME(m): 4:06pm On Jun 04, 2021
"NO FORGIVENESS FOR UNIVERSITY OF ILLORIN" I think she must have done or said something to the wrong set people ...I am in no way in support of this rubbish act of wickedness....my advice to all female undergraduates out there especially those in public universities:

1.) Always be nice in your words and actions to people on campus...

2.) If you are not interested in anyones relationship or sexual advances, let them know in a nice and unrude way.

3.) Always try to stay away from the spot light as much as possible ( be on a low, especially if you're very beautiful)

4.) Try to be friends with those troublesome one's on campus( not too close, but be familiar with them)

5.) (This is the most important of all)..
Always respect everybody on campus even if you senior them..and always dress very descent so as not to attract too much attention..

R.I.P to the dead

14 Likes

Re: Blessing Olajide Rape & Death: Saraki, Nigerians Call For Justice (Photos) by tofolo(m): 4:07pm On Jun 04, 2021
longetivity:
Any rapist caught should be killed
There are worse tortures than death, as death is a quick means angry angry angry

4 Likes

Re: Blessing Olajide Rape & Death: Saraki, Nigerians Call For Justice (Photos) by iampeterben(m): 4:07pm On Jun 04, 2021
Justice! Why rape a sister when you can ask for her hand in marriage.
Re: Blessing Olajide Rape & Death: Saraki, Nigerians Call For Justice (Photos) by OnionBandit(f): 4:07pm On Jun 04, 2021
Our laws are weak mehn!!

This is sad, painful

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blessing Olajide Rape & Death: Saraki, Nigerians Call For Justice (Photos) by blesskewe(f): 4:07pm On Jun 04, 2021
No be by mouth
Nigerians can make mouth ehhhhhh

Rio blessing
Re: Blessing Olajide Rape & Death: Saraki, Nigerians Call For Justice (Photos) by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jun 04, 2021
fergie001:
See earlier thread https://www.nairaland.com/6585433/olajide-omowumi-blessing-unilorin-student-raped

#JusticeForOlajideBlessing: Abdulrazaq, Saraki, Others Mourn; Seek Justice

Kwara State Governor, Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq

Abubakar Bukola Saraki, CON

Kwara State First Lady, Ambassador Mrs. Olufolake Abdulrazaq

Unilorin Students Union

SOURCE

Olajide Omowunmi Blessing, a 300- level Agricultural Science Department of the University of Ilorin, was raped & murdered at her Ilorin home where she resided with her elder sister.

Police commence Investigation

Kwara Police PRO, Okasanmi Ajayi
Rape is evil. Shun this act. You all have daughters and sisters. Sit down and think how you would feel if same is done to your relatives.

Sex is cheap as you claim. Stop raping. Ask a girl for sex and if she refuses, masturbate and move one.

Stop this madness please.

3 Likes

Re: Blessing Olajide Rape & Death: Saraki, Nigerians Call For Justice (Photos) by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jun 04, 2021
this is tough

1 Like

Re: Blessing Olajide Rape & Death: Saraki, Nigerians Call For Justice (Photos) by tnerro1(m): 4:08pm On Jun 04, 2021
There is no justice in Nigeria, when there is no justice, there is no peace.

Give the people justice and they will give you peace.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

One Shot As Militants Return To Calabar – Oron Waterway (Disturbing Photo) / "How I Killed Onise Ismail, My Boss At CITEC Estate Abuja" - Security Man / Photos: Thief Caught Broad Daylight Trying To Rob A Shop Owner In Lagos Just Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.