Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,047 members, 7,807,140 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:10 AM

FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria (50918 Views)

Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action / FG Suspends Twitter's Operations In Nigeria / Tell Nigerians What FG Used Borrowed N3tr For, Atiku Asks Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria by Cnach: 7:40pm On Jun 04, 2021
Any one supporting buhari's government is either feeding from his parents purse or stealing.
It a one time government that has favoured criminals in detriment of the good citizens
Re: FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria by Jostoman: 7:41pm On Jun 04, 2021
SmartProf:

They forgot to use NTA
that white and black TV station grin grin

1 Like

Re: FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria by bensonempire(m): 7:42pm On Jun 04, 2021
coolNigerian government are using twitter to announce the suspension of twitter who do us
Re: FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria by Ournolly: 7:44pm On Jun 04, 2021
Mynd44:
I don't think they banned the use of Twitter. I think they banned the operations. Meaning twitter won't be able to run adverts and the likes.

I might be wrong though.
Suspending the operation means filtering twitter out of the Nigerian cyberspace, twitter has office in Nigerian and certainly do not intend to.

The only way of stopping their adverts in Nigerian cyberspace is entirely blocking them out.
Re: FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria by Zeezy81: 7:47pm On Jun 04, 2021
SaintLucia:
Yes so that Jack the Twitter guy can see it before the full implementation. He love his country America and deleted a lot of twits that encourage the invasion of the Capitol Hill. Tanzania, India, China, Uganda, Saudi Arabia, UAE and many developing countries suspended them and heaven did not fall. Let them pay the fine and follow the ethical rules if they still want to continue to operate in Africa largest market Nigeria.

You will soon go cap in hand begging for loans
Re: FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria by murade: 7:53pm On Jun 04, 2021
That is good and welcome step taken by FG, twitter has to its lesson for undermining Nigeria by deleting President message. of what economic benefit is twitter to the country self
Re: FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria by IAMPEDRO: 7:54pm On Jun 04, 2021
[quote author=owobokiri post=102373460][/quote] This editing bad gon lol.....
Re: FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria by christistruth01: 7:54pm On Jun 04, 2021
CoolAmbience:

We like am like that.

Twitter doesn't preside over Nigeria.

Your lot expect the President to fold his arms and allow some urchins overrun his administration.

Not going happen.

Even the UK and US wouldn't allow these Posts

https://twitter.com/IpobRaptureMedi/status/1316673410680971264?s=20

Re: FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria by elujah1(m): 7:56pm On Jun 04, 2021
Skyfornia:
The federal government of Nigeria keep acting like illiterates. The joke is on them...
Are they not illiterates?
Re: FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria by plaindealer: 7:57pm On Jun 04, 2021
This is a huge lesson and a serious warning, don't mess with #NG.

grin grin

Re: FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria by alimohammedibn(m): 8:01pm On Jun 04, 2021
Xpol:
SMH. Some people think Twitter didn’t know what they were doing in choosing Ghana for their HQ instead of Nigeria

Yes oooh.

Is part of our problems
Re: FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria by Freebills12: 8:10pm On Jun 04, 2021
[color=#000099][/color]
Mynd44:
I don't think they banned the use of Twitter. I think they banned the operations. Meaning twitter won't be able to run adverts and the likes.

I might be wrong though.

You read from the post that they have banned twitter and it's operation in Nigeria. What again do you expect...
Re: FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria by Tikky4me: 8:18pm On Jun 04, 2021
SMH. Mtcheew
Re: FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria by SaintLucia: 8:19pm On Jun 04, 2021
Zeezy81:

Yes so that Jack the Twitter guy can see it before the full implementation. He love his country America and deleted a lot of twits that encourage the invasion of the Capitol Hill. Tanzania, India, China, Uganda, Saudi Arabia, UAE and many developing countries suspended them and heaven did not fall. Let them pay the fine and follow the ethical rules if they still want to continue to operate in Africa largest market Nigeria.

I'm the boss of my own business. Blame your mother for marrying a lazy man who couldn't build you a future if your problem is loan grin
Re: FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria by Dearlord(m): 8:20pm On Jun 04, 2021
Nigeria is designed to give us heart ach .
If you are a Nigerian in Nigeria there is no hope for a better tomorrow even though all suppliment to make life easy are there at your door step.
Re: FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria by UncleJudax(m): 8:22pm On Jun 04, 2021
BigSarah:
I'm tired of criticising this government, they just make it too easy... It's like they're telling us they've no ideas right to our faces.
dem don see you finish...next time una go choose wisely...or continue to suffer.
Re: FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria by SaintLucia: 8:31pm On Jun 04, 2021
Zeezy81:

I said blame your mother for marrying a lazy man who couldn't build you a future if taking loan is your problem. Twitter has been suspended in Nigeria ntorrrr grin
Re: FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria by puzzlegate(m): 8:36pm On Jun 04, 2021
plaindealer:
This is a huge lesson and a serious warning, don't mess with #NG.

grin grin

Is it still Nigeria or UAR . If you like change your name to UAE , China knows who they borrow money.
Re: FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria by dochenaj: 8:40pm On Jun 04, 2021
Wiseandtrue:
Buhari finally shot himself on the leg

He has finally announced to the whole world that he is truly an authoritarian in a democracy setting

The whole world should just know that he (Buhari) is not acting on our behalf but his selfish and egolistic self!
Sadly Buhari does not care that he appears like a despot.

This Government has no shamefacedness whatsoever.

1 Like

Re: FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jun 04, 2021
But i still twitt now na
Re: FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria by Zeezy81: 8:55pm On Jun 04, 2021
SaintLucia:
I said blame your mother for marrying a lazy man who couldn't build you a future if taking loan is your problem. Twitter has been suspended in Nigeria ntorrrr grin

You must be high on cheap crack
No wonder you cant keep your head straight
Here we are talking about Nigeria and the West and your demented soul still managed to drag in your wretched mother who got married to a nonentity that fathered you. Idiot!
Re: FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria by SaintLucia: 8:57pm On Jun 04, 2021
Zeezy81:

You must be high on cheap crack
No wonder you cant keep your head straight
Here we are talking about Nigeria and the West and your demented soul still managed to drag in your wretched mother who got married to a nonentity that fathered you. Idiot!
Re: FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria by ComeToJesus: 8:59pm On Jun 04, 2021
Bubu had only one job. To govern Nigeria like a 21st century leader. But here is the bigot running a country of 200 million people like a fiefdom. Sick despot!
Re: FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria by Gjmff: 9:23pm On Jun 04, 2021
Jokers
Re: FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria by DedeNkem: 9:33pm On Jun 04, 2021
Twitter knew how horrible this incompetent and useless administration is, that's why they established their HQ in Ghana!
Re: FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria by luluman: 9:45pm On Jun 04, 2021
Xpol:
SMH. Some people think Twitter didn’t know what they were doing in choosing Ghana for their HQ instead of Nigeria
That's right. Yet Lier Mohammed blamed it on the youth.
Re: FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 9:50pm On Jun 04, 2021
Big shout out to all the top dogs.

I know una no get sense before na now ordinary abobi go know say most of una na cruise guys.
Mind you we've seen some patriotic elements trying to force the 'buy Nigeria to grow Nigeria' mantra down our throats while forgetting that the same agbada and babaringa wearing political leaders will never drive locally assembly Innoson motors but rather go foreign.
We should keep deceiving ourselves.
Re: FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria by Benzemma(m): 10:30pm On Jun 04, 2021
Confused entities!!!

Foolishness is when you went and throw away the soup you rejected, and start licking the plate while coming back!
Re: FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria by Ayobami7(m): 10:32pm On Jun 04, 2021
Lol
Re: FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria by raphy(m): 11:20pm On Jun 04, 2021
MY TWITER IS STILL WORKING O
Re: FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria by TheRealestGuy(m): 12:26am On Jun 05, 2021
ivolt:
Bad timing.
Twitter is owned by an anarcho communists.
It should have long been banned or heavily regulated for being the platform of choice for fake news.
But banning them after deleting Buhari's tweet is in bad taste.

Even if Buhari poos in your mouth, you'll still support him till the end grin

It's either this BMC money is keeping you alive or you are finished pata pata cheesy
Re: FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria by themanderon: 12:56am On Jun 05, 2021
This is one of the reasons why I said with northerners at the helm of affairs in this nation it is heading nowhere. The same twitter they used against Jonathan?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lovely Photos Of President Tinubu With Son, Seyi, Daughter In-law Layal & Kids / Senator Kashamu Sprays Money On K1 De Ultimate / #Organise4Tinubu: Nigerians Join Tinubu's Bike Challenge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.