Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,822 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:21 AM

Catholic Church Bans Mbaka From Commenting On Partisan Politics - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Church Bans Mbaka From Commenting On Partisan Politics (27995 Views)

Don't Distract Me With Partisan Politics - Pastor E.A Adeboye / Anglican Church Bans Use Of Brochure, Asoebi At Funerals / Catholic Church Bans Ejike Mbaka From Endorsing Politicians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catholic Church Bans Mbaka From Commenting On Partisan Politics by oshozondii: 7:25pm On Jun 04, 2021
The Catholic church has banned Ejike Mbaka, spiritual director of Adoration Ministries Enugu Nigeria (AMEN), from commenting on partisan politics.

In a letter to Mbaka, a copy of which was obtained by TheCable, Callistus Onaga, Catholic bishop of Enugu diocese, also converted the adoration ministry to chaplaincy.

Unlike in the past where Mbaka solely oversees the activities of the ministry as its spiritual director, making it chaplaincy brings it under the control of the Enugu diocese and gives the bishop the power to appoint a chaplain to oversee its operations.

Although the bishop said Mbaka still leads the chaplaincy, he added that he (bishop) can appoint any ministerial officer “to assist the chaplains to oversee the pastoral activities of the ministry.”

The letter, which is dated June 3, contains the diocesan directives and guidelines for the conduct of the adoration ministry.

The directives were announced just as Mbaka is set to resume activities of the ministry which was suspended following his one-month private retreat.

The priest went on the retreat after the controversies that trailed his recent clash with the presidency.
https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-catholic-church-bans-mbaka-from-commenting-on-partisan-politics

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Catholic Church Bans Mbaka From Commenting On Partisan Politics by triple996(m): 7:26pm On Jun 04, 2021
Chaos in d east grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Catholic Church Bans Mbaka From Commenting On Partisan Politics by SmartProf(m): 7:26pm On Jun 04, 2021
How about non-partisan politics? Mbaka seems to have given the Catholic Church leaders in Enugu so much sleepless nights that if someone else apply to join the seminary with the name Mbaka, he may not be admitted.

137 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Catholic Church Bans Mbaka From Commenting On Partisan Politics by zombieHUNTER: 7:28pm On Jun 04, 2021
triple996:
Chaos in d east grin

Tell me how this isn't a good idea..
The man should face his pulpit

BTW
Chaos in your house....

113 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Catholic Church Bans Mbaka From Commenting On Partisan Politics by AchalugoNwa(f): 7:28pm On Jun 04, 2021
lol

the end of Adoration Ministry

but the headline is not stated on the body

7 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Bans Mbaka From Commenting On Partisan Politics by naijainform: 7:29pm On Jun 04, 2021
The plot thickens

4 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Bans Mbaka From Commenting On Partisan Politics by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jun 04, 2021
A friend of mine in 200level is about to drop if she fails to pay her fees before 12pm today. Pls, help her.

She's an orphan and she's willing to meet anyone to provide proof and even borrow with interest if possible.

Pls, i don't have dough to donate right now but help if you can.

You can request for her bank details if you want to help... Nothing is too small, thank you.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Catholic Church Bans Mbaka From Commenting On Partisan Politics by Vaughanlanrewaj: 7:32pm On Jun 04, 2021
I don't really think this is absolutely right but I believe that after the chaos and violent destruction the fake news of his kidnap caused, the Catholic church may need to rein him in. Btw, Reverend Father Kukah nko? When will they ban him? Father Mbaka is a learner when it comes to political patronage and dining with politicians where Fr Kukah is, Father Kukah is PDP full time!visit www.freestuffsng.com for latest freestuffs in Nigeria. All the enemies of Nigeria will lose. They always lose. God bless Nigeria.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Catholic Church Bans Mbaka From Commenting On Partisan Politics by Jman06(m): 7:39pm On Jun 04, 2021
That's a good development!

Mbaka was already out of control and acting like a typical Nigerian political tout.

He should face his priestly calling and leave politics for politicians.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Church Bans Mbaka From Commenting On Partisan Politics by aryzgreat: 7:42pm On Jun 04, 2021
Good move by the Bishop.

Let Fr Mbaka shepherd d congregation spiritually devoid of partisan sermon

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Church Bans Mbaka From Commenting On Partisan Politics by Elvictor: 7:47pm On Jun 04, 2021
They should cage that man of Devil

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Church Bans Mbaka From Commenting On Partisan Politics by Penguin2: 7:48pm On Jun 04, 2021
Na Onaga fit Mbaka.

Bishops Eneje and Gbuji all treated Mbaka with kid gloves and that’s why he developed this larger than life attitude.

Whatever Mbaka is doing is not part of his priestly formation. And he can’t be allowed to continue embarrassing the Holy Mother Church.

Mbaka said if Chimaroke won re-election in 2003, he would remove his cassock and stop being a priest; Chimaroke won and Mbaka is still wearing his cassock.

Mbaka, against the sentiments and political interest of Ndigbo, said God had endorsed Buhari for president in 2015 and was going to bring eldorado to Nigeria. Buhari won, now see our lives.

Mbaka embarrassed Peter Obi, a Papal Knight and a benefactor of the Church, because he refused to openly announce what he would give him.

Mbaka why?

81 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Church Bans Mbaka From Commenting On Partisan Politics by Joromi1: 7:53pm On Jun 04, 2021
Good one. As a so-called man of God he's supposed to stay neutral. But what can I say? Some top pastors fly private jets and move with bodyguards. He wants his own share too.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Church Bans Mbaka From Commenting On Partisan Politics by IamWonderful: 8:11pm On Jun 04, 2021
Hypocritical Baby factory ritualists and drug traffickers, the same mouth they use to slaughter Tinubu for supporting Buhari is the same they will use to exalt fraudster contractor Mbaka who used his ministry to campaign for Buhari

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Bans Mbaka From Commenting On Partisan Politics by 360degreess(m): 8:12pm On Jun 04, 2021
See how God has disgraced mbaka the contractor because Buhari's mind is clean while mbaka is corrupt.God has been disgracing Buhari's enemies since 2015..

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Bans Mbaka From Commenting On Partisan Politics by ivolt: 8:13pm On Jun 04, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:
I don't really think this is absolutely right but I believe that after the chaos and violent destruction the fake news of his kidnap caused, the Catholic church may need to rein him in. Btw, Reverend Father Kukah nko? When will they ban him? Father Mbaka is a learner when it comes to political patronage, Father Kukah is PDP full time!
Kukah does not threaten the Catholic church nor does he bring them regular problems.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Church Bans Mbaka From Commenting On Partisan Politics by Ojiofor: 8:16pm On Jun 04, 2021
Very good and it serves both the Church and Mbaka right.
Enough of Mbaka's anti people prophecy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Church Bans Mbaka From Commenting On Partisan Politics by Nuelito: 8:18pm On Jun 04, 2021
Local man is just speechless on top dx matter
Re: Catholic Church Bans Mbaka From Commenting On Partisan Politics by oshozondii: 8:50pm On Jun 04, 2021
Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Re: Catholic Church Bans Mbaka From Commenting On Partisan Politics by BrownSugar8(m): 9:02pm On Jun 04, 2021
lipsrsealed
Re: Catholic Church Bans Mbaka From Commenting On Partisan Politics by Skyfornia(m): 9:02pm On Jun 04, 2021
Season film everywhere...this country na cruise

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Bans Mbaka From Commenting On Partisan Politics by chukwuibuipob: 9:02pm On Jun 04, 2021
cool grin dem don clip him wing cheesy and block his ATM dispenser grin
Re: Catholic Church Bans Mbaka From Commenting On Partisan Politics by Hisxellency: 9:02pm On Jun 04, 2021
Fr Mbaka said he's been directed by the holy spirit of God to talk!

And I don't think anyone can shut the mouth of the Holy spirit

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Bans Mbaka From Commenting On Partisan Politics by GeneralPula: 9:02pm On Jun 04, 2021
Re: Catholic Church Bans Mbaka From Commenting On Partisan Politics by Shellsploit: 9:03pm On Jun 04, 2021
Amazing development
Not only Mbaka, but all catholic priests in general.
Re: Catholic Church Bans Mbaka From Commenting On Partisan Politics by fourboys: 9:03pm On Jun 04, 2021
E no go better for Buhari and Apc supporters undecided undecided undecided

8 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Bans Mbaka From Commenting On Partisan Politics by Thinktwicemybro: 9:03pm On Jun 04, 2021
I hope the ban is for life just as Twitter has banned bubu for life.
But I just logged into Twitter or is it that buhari government has failed at switching off Twitter. What will they not fail at?

4 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Bans Mbaka From Commenting On Partisan Politics by donbenie(m): 9:03pm On Jun 04, 2021
triple996:
Chaos in d east grin
Shut up angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Church Bans Mbaka From Commenting On Partisan Politics by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jun 04, 2021
shocked oh
Re: Catholic Church Bans Mbaka From Commenting On Partisan Politics by iamyemiakins(m): 9:03pm On Jun 04, 2021
Chai

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? / I Left N600m In PFN Account -oritsejafor / Olumba Obu: 8-year Tenure For Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.