Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,449 members, 7,808,603 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:08 PM

What Does The Future Hold For Twitter Influencers In Nigeria? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Does The Future Hold For Twitter Influencers In Nigeria? (30513 Views)

APC Suporters In Nasarawa Hold For Tinubu And Sule (Pictures) / What Happened To, FG’s Hand-Picked Replacement For Twitter? - FIJ / Popular Anti-yoruba, PDP/IPOB Apologists Twitter Influencers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does The Future Hold For Twitter Influencers In Nigeria? by brosom(m): 8:07am On Jun 05, 2021
RexTramadol1:

K! Is there any other intelligent thing to say cos this one you typed is far from it
my quote is for the wise to understand, not for kids..
Re: What Does The Future Hold For Twitter Influencers In Nigeria? by RexTramadol1: 8:38am On Jun 05, 2021
brosom:
my quote is for the wise to understand, not for kids..

Whatever makes you sleep at night.....
Re: What Does The Future Hold For Twitter Influencers In Nigeria? by brosom(m): 9:07am On Jun 05, 2021
RexTramadol1:

Whatever makes you sleep at night.....
good night then!!
Re: What Does The Future Hold For Twitter Influencers In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:57am On Jun 05, 2021
linearity:

The provider is not going to flag your IP, your IP is essentially the provider’s IP that they are leasing to you to use temporary....they will flag or ban Nairaland or in this case Twitter’s IP address.

I even doubt if this is going to work, because if Twitter wants, they can defeat that ban by floating multiple IP addresses, including IPv6 addresses to DNS resolvers.

This will make the providers to be playing catch-up game of determining new IP addresses and adding them to their ban list.

Thats right, made a mistake there. Twitters ip would be flagged.
Twitter can't float dynamic ips, thats like essentially living nowhere users won't be able to find it. Unless new technologies comes through that makes real-time ip ping possible.
Re: What Does The Future Hold For Twitter Influencers In Nigeria? by linearity: 12:46pm On Jun 05, 2021
DFOmobolla:

Thats right, made a mistake there. Twitters ip would be flagged.
Twitter can't float dynamic ips, thats like essentially living nowhere users won't be able to find it. Unless new technologies comes through that makes real-time ip ping possible.

Yes, most service providers use multiple IP addresses and some can be dynamic. There is a concept that even called IP aliasing that can be used to accomplish this as well as Network Load balancers, plus Geo redundancy.

Providers do this to defeat DDOS attacks, by not revealing their real IP addresses, but instead present floating IPs that the attackers will attack and which they can easily change to another IP on the flying to dwaft the attack.

Twitter have her own DNS server and all these floating IP resolves to the DNS name twitter.com, so users can also reach them. I just did a little experiment with google, I ping google by name, in real time and simultaneously from two different computers, see the result below, I mask some personal identifying info, you can try it yourself...

And you can also reach google by using any of these IP addresses on your browser e.g...I found many during my little experiment, these are few, all resolving to google....you can do the same experiment using a single PC, just wait for some time, e.g. 10 minutes or so..

http://172..206
http://172.217.10.238
http://172.217.10.142
http://172..174

Re: What Does The Future Hold For Twitter Influencers In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jun 05, 2021
GeneralPula:
Time for Nigeria tech experts to turn this disappointment into a blessing..

Gbam! If they cannot migrate or create a platform they can disappear let us rest. Living fake internet lives and making noise.
Re: What Does The Future Hold For Twitter Influencers In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jun 05, 2021
linearity:

Yes, most service providers use multiple IP addresses and some can be dynamic. There is a concept that even called IP aliasing that can be used to accomplish this as well as Network Load balancers, plus Geo redundancy.

Providers do this to defeat DDOS attacks, by not revealing their real IP addresses, but instead present floating IPs that the attackers will attack and which they can easily change to another IP on the flying to dwaft the attack.

Twitter have her own DNS server and all these floating IP resolves to the DNS name twitter.com, so users can also reach them. I just did a little experiment with google, I ping google by name, in real time and simultaneously from two different computers, see the result below, I mask some personal identifying info, you can try it yourself...

And you can also reach google by using any of these IP addresses on your browser e.g...I found many during my little experiment, these are few, all resolving to google....you can do the same experiment using a single PC, just wait for some time, e.g. 10 minutes or so..

Just remember that using these VPNs is how hackers steal your data and access your accounts and identities. Wetin dey Twitter for all that wahala
Re: What Does The Future Hold For Twitter Influencers In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jun 05, 2021
linearity:

Your research is concise, but expensive to implement. I think ip spoofing is what you mean? VPN uses the same method but less stressful, unless twitter wants to battle FG.
Re: What Does The Future Hold For Twitter Influencers In Nigeria? by PARADIZEPRIEST: 4:42pm On Jun 05, 2021
TWITTER INFLUENCERS? MOST OF THEM ARE ANARCHIST,THEY SHOULD GO AND LIVE IN AFGHANISTAN TO MAKE THEIR CONTRIBUTION.grin
Re: What Does The Future Hold For Twitter Influencers In Nigeria? by linearity: 1:21am On Jun 06, 2021
DFOmobolla:

Your research is concise, but expensive to implement. I think ip spoofing is what you mean? VPN uses the same method but less stressful, unless twitter wants to battle FG.

Load balancing and Geo redundancy is not expensive to implement, it is the way of live for many internet facing companies to mitigate against DDOS attacks.

IP spoofing is a different technology and not the same. Load balancing and Geo redundancy as server and network-side implementations, while IP spoofing is a client side implementation and service providers, especially those hosting web pages do not spoof their IP addresses, because the TCP/IP protocol requires three handshake for the web site or app to be loaded on your browser or phone....if the service provider spoof their IP address, the reply for the 3-handshake will be sent to the spoofed address and not the service provider server that originated the request, this will result in the TCP packet been dropped.

VPN is a different concept, and for client to site VPNs....it is when another individual or service provider agree to route internet traffic on behalf of a client for a fee or some type of agreement. The traffic between the provider and the client is encrypted, why the path into the internet is not
Re: What Does The Future Hold For Twitter Influencers In Nigeria? by Dybala11(m): 10:09am On Jun 06, 2021
SuaveMagnum:
I don't really use Twitter so I could care less but let me assure those who use Twitter a lot that except you are willing to pay for a subscription,using a free VPN will frustrate your life lol.
It depends on the VPN you're using sir/ma, I can't remember the last time I subscribed on my Airtel Sim I'm using to access the internet right now, thanks to this particular free VPN I'm using now, I'm still able to access Twitter and I download movies and surf the internet in general without even 1kb data on my Sim card. And I use a minimum of 2.5Gb daily via this VPN, isn't God wonderful.
Re: What Does The Future Hold For Twitter Influencers In Nigeria? by Dybala11(m): 10:14am On Jun 06, 2021
Tobsam237:
On this, we can all agree Twitter fvked up... You don't have to like or hate Buhari to know they fvked up BIG TIME... You don't mess with a sitting president.... with 2 years to election... and except no consequences...

They just lost over 3million active subscribers... It will affect their stocks... it will affect their ads market in Africa...
Is he the first President to be sanctioned?? Even Trump's account got suspended.

or has your darling president forgotten that he agreed to certain "terms and conditions" while he was signing up for Twitter

He might be above the law here and may not be accountable to his nation and citizens, but he's surely accountable and will be checkmated if he goes against the terms and conditions of the platform, no pun intended.

And your assumptions that they lost Nigeria is pathetic, millions of Nigerians are still active on Twitter so where did you get your ideology/statistics from?? grin

FYI, I use a free VPN to access Twitter and surf the internet with zero data.
Re: What Does The Future Hold For Twitter Influencers In Nigeria? by Dybala11(m): 10:21am On Jun 06, 2021
Toosure70:
Na to ban playstore next
We go dey share the APK of VPN apps via WhatsApp then.
Re: What Does The Future Hold For Twitter Influencers In Nigeria? by Dybala11(m): 10:22am On Jun 06, 2021
Toosure70:
Na to ban playstore next
Na to dey share the APK files of VPN then.grin
Re: What Does The Future Hold For Twitter Influencers In Nigeria? by Dybala11(m): 10:24am On Jun 06, 2021
GeneralPula:

Maybe on browsers with a vpn.
But not the App..
Can you chat on WhatsApp using a browser
Re: What Does The Future Hold For Twitter Influencers In Nigeria? by Dybala11(m): 10:28am On Jun 06, 2021
CamusMidas:

And your network provider won't know your location right?

It is completely ban in India, go and read more about it. Even with VPN you can't access it in India.
I disagree with your opinion here sir/ma, a VPN keeps your IP address hidden from your network service provider too. I've even been surfing the internet with a free VPN for weeks with zero data on my phone sef. grin

Re: What Does The Future Hold For Twitter Influencers In Nigeria? by GeneralPula: 10:30am On Jun 06, 2021
Dybala11:

Can you chat on WhatsApp using a browser
Yea
Re: What Does The Future Hold For Twitter Influencers In Nigeria? by Dybala11(m): 10:35am On Jun 06, 2021
baralatie:

The Nigeria constitution Is clear that it's terms and conditions states that It is against people,person's and medium through which acts against the state will not be accepted.
Twitter actions was considered a national threat
But it was your President that said something, Twitter didn't post anything concerning your country before the ban. Except if you'll consider the deleting of the tweet as a threat to the nation. grin
Re: What Does The Future Hold For Twitter Influencers In Nigeria? by Dybala11(m): 10:49am On Jun 06, 2021
CamusMidas:

You are masking it from the website you are visiting (when you are prohibited from visiting it in your country), you are not masking it to your network provider.
You're wrong sir, you can keep your IP address hidden to your network service provider too.

Re: What Does The Future Hold For Twitter Influencers In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:51am On Jun 06, 2021
Dybala11:

You're wrong sir, you can keep your IP address hidden to your network service provider too.
Keep believing everything you read on the internet, go and read about tiktok ban in India.
Re: What Does The Future Hold For Twitter Influencers In Nigeria? by Dybala11(m): 10:53am On Jun 06, 2021
CamusMidas:
Did I mention China anywhere? I gave you a case study with India that COMPLETELY ban Tiktok, instead of you to do some research and understand how that was even possible, you are busy mentioning China.

You're the one in need of research sir, with a good VPN even Indians can access Tik Tok. grin

Re: What Does The Future Hold For Twitter Influencers In Nigeria? by Dybala11(m): 10:55am On Jun 06, 2021
CamusMidas:

Keep believing everything you read on the internet, go and read about tiktok ban in India.
And where did you get the ideology that no individuals in India can access Tik Tok even when they use VPN??
Are you in India presently?? grin

You obviously don't know the meaning of a VPN or how it works, no need to argue with you any further. Ciao!
Re: What Does The Future Hold For Twitter Influencers In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:02am On Jun 06, 2021
Dybala11:

You're the one in need of research sir, with a good VPN even Indians can access Tik Tok. grin
For your mind you don do research be that? Go to forums where Indians will tell you what's happening and not just inputting questions on Google, shey Google is the one using Tiktok in India?

Yes, let's agree to disagree. The discussion is okay.
Re: What Does The Future Hold For Twitter Influencers In Nigeria? by Dybala11(m): 11:05am On Jun 06, 2021
erico2k2:

who told you people in I India don't access tiktok? there are millions of views from India wen it comes to tictok

Image result for numbers of tiktok users in india 2021
20 million
TikTok has done particularly well with growing its Asian followers. The app is downloaded more than 10 million times by the people in Thailand alone. And in India, there are now more than 20 million active users of the app.16 Feb 2021

Don't mind him jor, Tik Tok is even easy to access in India than in Pakistan where Tik Tok has stopped it's services and the block was ID-based. You can only access Tik Tok in Pakistan with a new phone and a VPN to mask your location.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NUC Orders Closure Of Universities For Elections / Ikpeazu Visits Ayo Fayose In Ekiti (photos) / Buhari Meets Yahaya Bello In Aso Rock, Hours To APC Convention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.