Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,024 members, 7,807,006 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:31 AM

Suspension Of Twitter: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Suspension Of Twitter: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts (45311 Views)

Rotimi Amaechi Called To Nigerian Bar (photos) / Nigerian Bar Association Reacts To Raid On Justice Odili's Home / African Bar Association Reacts To Suspension Of CJN- Press Release (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suspension Of Twitter: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts by DrObum(m): 10:39pm On Jun 04, 2021
Tobsam237:
On this, we can all agree Twitter fvked up... You don't have to like or hate Buhari to know they fvked up BIG TIME... You don't mess with a sitting president.... with 2 years to election... and except no consequences...

They just lost over 3million active subscribers... It will affect their stocks eventually cos it will affect their ads market in Africa...

Wake up man. They just gained more followers from the controversy.

Buhari is too small for Twitter. They handled Trump and you think one grandiose ruler is an exception.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Suspension Of Twitter: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts by Kakanda1: 10:39pm On Jun 04, 2021
moneyissweet:
Bastard son of a sambisa terrorist.
You no die better.
mad man how can u give youth such advice u are worse than bokoharam

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspension Of Twitter: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts by King44(m): 10:43pm On Jun 04, 2021
Amotolongbo:
Wetin go pain me past is after the ban, seeing the Buharist supporting the twitter ban now using VPN to tweet on twitter
angry grin
Re: Suspension Of Twitter: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts by iampeterben(m): 10:46pm On Jun 04, 2021
oyin44:
Noone cann't stop the FGN
I can stop them
Re: Suspension Of Twitter: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts by yusluvad(m): 10:47pm On Jun 04, 2021
bro4u:
When Buhari finish with this country Somalia will be like Dubai compared to Nigeria. We still have like 2 more yrs to go.

Buhari has really spoilt APC's image walahi, can't they call him to order?
Lol! grin grin grin
Re: Suspension Of Twitter: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts by ultimateprof: 10:51pm On Jun 04, 2021
There's a level that this tyranny my get to, we'll have no other option than to leave this country for them by all means.
Re: Suspension Of Twitter: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts by seyz91(m): 10:51pm On Jun 04, 2021
cheesy

Awon Set Reactor and their manequine vegetable in Aso Rock is their Chief Reactor In Command
inoki247:
all of dem just dey react na reaction only go end am las las...
Re: Suspension Of Twitter: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts by greenguy: 10:52pm On Jun 04, 2021
supportnija:
Useless NBA, our police men and women were murdered by IPOB , police facilities were burnt down, USELESS NBA did not say anything, twitter was ban this useless modafucker are talking..

...I actually wrote an epistle in response but I deleted it all. You're just an idiot.
Re: Suspension Of Twitter: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts by dreu2fine(m): 10:53pm On Jun 04, 2021
powerfulguy:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=319224419609772&id=100045666493301
Twitter is an embarrassment to nigeria,our president is not trump on facebook. Twitter's does mean well for Nigeria when it come to development a way of creating job for naija dey wen to Ghana and oppen dea head quaters.
Thier are other social media don die becos of twitters facebook ban trum for too years

1 Like

Re: Suspension Of Twitter: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts by babsthegreat: 10:54pm On Jun 04, 2021
Thanks
Re: Suspension Of Twitter: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts by Splen07(m): 10:54pm On Jun 04, 2021
powerfulguy:

The funny thing about this FG banning Twitter is that the same FG used Twitter to announce the ban
No be juju be that?
Re: Suspension Of Twitter: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts by Wisefellow(m): 10:55pm On Jun 04, 2021
With the announcement, banned of twitter operations in Nigeria by FG, it is now obvious these old men in government are thinking backward and childish unable to cope with criticism, youthful synergy and digitization of global relation and businesses. Unlike Lai Mohammed, I seriously doubt President Buhari actually tweet!

I am greatly dissappointed in this government! I regret campaigning for this government in 2015. This government is taking Nigeria backward across sectors of the economy and still want to deny millions of Nigerians freedom of expression and indirectly regulating social media. Unapologetically, this is the worst government Nigeria ever had! The vibrant youths, media and well meaning Nigerians would cease to fall for the evil plot of silencing them.

These politicians in government are behaving as if they will live forever, power belong to them and they can do whatever they like! I pity all especially the old men among them because when Nigerians react, #EndSarsMovement, #EndPoliceBrutalityMovement will be a child's play to the real protest. God's divine intervention shall take place on all in due course in Nigeria.

PDP=APC= FAILURE
Re: Suspension Of Twitter: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jun 04, 2021
supportnija:
Useless NBA, our police men and women were murdered by IPOB , police facilities were burnt down, USELESS NBA did not say anything, twitter was ban this useless modafucker are talking..

If the law enforcement agencies can't protect themselves how its the NBA fault, just curious would NBA tweet solve anything or is it not FG duty to curb insecurities. In every aspect FG as failed, USELESS suite them beta.
NBA is our judiciary icon, if lawyers don't defend civil rights then who is more appropriate to speak, FG as no right to ban twitter cos they are not the problem, wil that even stop bandit & kidnap or will it fix falling naira or fix all time high cost of living.
Bro just shut the fvckup, cos buhari is definition of USELESS
Re: Suspension Of Twitter: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts by dreu2fine(m): 10:58pm On Jun 04, 2021
[quote author=MrBanner post=102381861]Buhari is way too immature for a 78 year old man. How can you suspend the entire country from using a mobile app simply because they banned you for flaunting their rules? This is Sani Abacha all over a

Twitter is an embarrassment to nigeria,our president is not trump on facebook. Twitter's does mean well for Nigeria when it come to development a way of creating job for naija dey wen to Ghana and oppen dea head quaters.
Thier are other social media don die becos of twitters facebook ban trum for too years
Re: Suspension Of Twitter: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts by olatuns2017: 10:59pm On Jun 04, 2021
powerfulguy:

Nba president PDP

Where was he when every Igbos/cownu burning Nigeria facilities

When govt takes actions u will hear human right

1 Like

Re: Suspension Of Twitter: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts by Adakintroy: 11:00pm On Jun 04, 2021
Buhari is not my man. A Jonathan man.

But this mr.jack if left uncheck go do am reach queen of England one day. Him don already do am give trump.

No leader go sit down and watch one small boy regulate am.everyone have their own sense of rightness.

Yes na your platform but him de inside Buhari country too. so pls take your platform from him country. Seem fair enough.

#Cancelculture.

3 Likes

Re: Suspension Of Twitter: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts by cosade(m): 11:00pm On Jun 04, 2021
Tobsam237:
On this, we can all agree Twitter fvked up... You don't have to like or hate Buhari to know they fvked up BIG TIME... You don't mess with a sitting president.... with 2 years to election... and except no consequences...

They just lost over 3million active subscribers... It will affect their stocks eventually cos it will affect their ads market in Africa...

cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Suspension Of Twitter: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts by cosade(m): 11:03pm On Jun 04, 2021
Goldbw122:
Well you can not ban Twitter because the Internet have various ways to be accessed so no need for that

Thank jare. Nigerians are so ignorant! I don explain this tire!

I had a good laff at the person that said “this ban” will negatively affect Twitter’s shares’ value.
Re: Suspension Of Twitter: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jun 04, 2021
greenguy:

...I actually wrote an epistle in response but I deleted it all. You're just an idiot.
Look at this thing.... Useless fool
Re: Suspension Of Twitter: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts by midehi2(f): 11:10pm On Jun 04, 2021
supportnija:
Is NBA responsible for the murders in the country, FG banning twitter, is that the necessary solution to killings, ogbeni shift let people who have sense to contribute, not this your quack dead brain like buhari own cheesy
Re: Suspension Of Twitter: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jun 04, 2021
DrSamOnowu87:
I don't waste my time with little kid like u. My pen is bigger,smarter n wiser than u. Untrained,stark illiterate,cow brain pple like u are a bigger concern/threat than twitter.
u are supporting a stupid govt. that used twitter platform to announce d ban of twitter,that ve plaqued d nation in great danger economically,security wise etc. Are u not touched by d rate of killing by herdsmen,bandits,ugm,boko haram etc. U re celebrating twitter ban,would it curb d hunger,anger in d land or enhance d standard of living of d people,d economy,security etc
This thing I have better things to do, join issue with Is a waste of time..
Re: Suspension Of Twitter: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts by cosade(m): 11:11pm On Jun 04, 2021
cosade:

Thank jare. Nigerians are so ignorant! I don explain this tire!

I had a good laff at the person that said “this ban” will negatively affect Twitter’s shares’ value.

El Rufai on Twitter just 3 hours ago!

Re: Suspension Of Twitter: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jun 04, 2021
Awon ode!
Sell outs!
Re: Suspension Of Twitter: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jun 04, 2021
Tobsam237:

Not everyone agree with you on this, me inclusive. I guess you also hailed the suspension/banning of the Twitter account if a "sitting" US President. Quit being an hypocrite.

Thus is not an issue of either being right or wrong, it is an issue of whether the tweet violates the company's policy. It's just like saying a President whom was caught braking the law should not be tried in line with the constitution just because he's still on sit. It is tantamount to him being above the law, which is not accurate.

The ban of Twitter won't stop the killings, neither will it affect the economy positively (in fact FDI would be influenced negatively, and how outsiders view the country won't be palatable).

If there is equitable distribution of resources in the country no on will listen to Kanu or Igboho. China is a somewhat dictatorial state, but do you hear Chinese talk about secession?

The ban may not affect you, or the government currently, but trust me this will make foreign investors loose confidence in doing business in the country. We need more of positive rating for more capital to flow in so as to achieve sustainable growth. Chinese loan can't help us grow. It is not sustainable.

1 Like

Re: Suspension Of Twitter: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts by obailala(m): 11:13pm On Jun 04, 2021
Tobsam237:

What're you saying? Twitter has rules; you dont post genocide glorifying statements and expect it not to be deleted and your account suspended, irrespective of whoever you think you are.The statement from the President's twitter handle was most stupid and unfortunate and twitter had the right to block the nonsense.

Regarding the banning of twitter, that's another stupid gaffe by the govt cos that would be unenforceable.

1 Like

Re: Suspension Of Twitter: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts by midehi2(f): 11:14pm On Jun 04, 2021
greenguy:

A big idiot for that cheesy
Re: Suspension Of Twitter: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jun 04, 2021
echesilver:

So u aint banned too.. Or u are d real dam modafoka grin
Ban who and which platform ?, all the platform that encourage war, supporting IPOB will have their own taste.. atleat the next two years your Twitter will loose billions of Nigeria....go and hang yourself , see the next transformer... Pele

2 Likes

Re: Suspension Of Twitter: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts by gift2xl: 11:17pm On Jun 04, 2021
Aboki will remain Aboki, if you spell mallam from the back it's still mallam.
Re: Suspension Of Twitter: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts by OfoIgbo: 11:21pm On Jun 04, 2021
supportnija:

UGM is different from ESN. It will seem as though western countries are aware of this fact which is why Kanu travels around unhindered.

Your Twitter tout terrorist president is learning small small.

1967 is not 2021
Re: Suspension Of Twitter: Nigerian Bar Association Reacts by emmnprince(m): 11:24pm On Jun 04, 2021
Femi8586:
Several politicians have reacted and condemned Buhari's action on banning Twitter.

I'm still waiting to hear what Tinubu has to say cos he's an aspiring president.

He will say nothing!

Maybe is Scriptwriter is seriously brainstorming the choice of words to use in order to be neutral in this matter. Who knows!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Guests Excited As Peter Obi Walked Into Wedding Ceremony / FG To Arraign Senate President Over False Asset Declaration On Friday / Bandits Kill Shila Ojebola (FIRS Manager) After Collecting ₦7 Million Ransom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.