Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,555 members, 7,770,434 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:39 AM

Sports Betting/gambling Quitting Challenge - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sports Betting/gambling Quitting Challenge (2982 Views)

25 Bible verses about Betting/Gambling / Osaze Odemwingie Becomes A Professional Golf Player After Quitting Football / Santi Cazorla Rejoins Villareal After Quitting Arsenal This Summer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sports Betting/gambling Quitting Challenge by Nobody: 6:53am On Jul 01, 2021
grin Virtual addict.. Omo I can't stop betting o, #100 no fit kill me
Re: Sports Betting/gambling Quitting Challenge by Nobody: 6:54am On Jul 01, 2021
grin Virtual addict.. Omo I can't stop betting o, #100 no fit kill me, no worry we don enter new month I go arrange one bad marathon ticket, if e click I go find you something
Re: Sports Betting/gambling Quitting Challenge by tobore4u(m): 1:50pm On Jul 04, 2021
day 19 and still counting......indeed God is great.
Re: Sports Betting/gambling Quitting Challenge by iampeterben(m): 8:39am On Jul 05, 2021
iampeterben:
Day 30 ✔
Day 31 ✔
See as you love me, my God! Thank you for the spirit of self-control and discipline. May we never fall!
Day 32 ✔
Day 33 ✔
Day 34 ✔
Day 35 ✔
Help me Lord to continue to stay with you till the end.
Re: Sports Betting/gambling Quitting Challenge by tobore4u(m): 1:22pm On Jul 05, 2021
iampeterben:
Day 32 ✔ Day 33 ✔ Day 34 ✔ Day 35 ✔ Help me Lord to continue to stay with you till the end.
A big amen!!!
Re: Sports Betting/gambling Quitting Challenge by tobore4u(m): 12:32pm On Jul 06, 2021
Though the urge has not gone totally but with consistent effort to resist it with rugged determination and Gods grace i must overcome completely....day 21 and still counting. Thank you jesus.
Re: Sports Betting/gambling Quitting Challenge by iampeterben(m): 2:24pm On Jul 06, 2021
iampeterben:

Day 32 ✔
Day 33 ✔
Day 34 ✔
Day 35 ✔
I didn't relapse wasn't observing my friends, it was a typo error.
Day 36 ✔
Re: Sports Betting/gambling Quitting Challenge by iampeterben(m): 11:30pm On Jul 06, 2021
iampeterben:

Day 32 ✔
Day 33 ✔
Day 34 ✔
Day 35 ✔
Day 36 ✔
Thank you Lord Jesus for the sustainability.
Re: Sports Betting/gambling Quitting Challenge by iampeterben(m): 10:51am On Jul 07, 2021
iampeterben:

I didn't relapse wasn't observing my friends, it was a typo error.
Day 36 ✔
Day 37 ✔
Re: Sports Betting/gambling Quitting Challenge by iampeterben(m): 8:56am On Jul 08, 2021
iampeterben:

Day 37 ✔
Day 38 ✔
Re: Sports Betting/gambling Quitting Challenge by iampeterben(m): 9:51am On Jul 11, 2021
iampeterben:

Day 38 ✔
Day 39 ✔
Day 40 ✔
Day 41 ✔
Get busy with your time and you won't think of football nor bet. Pray for grace, the journey is not an easy.
God help us all!
Re: Sports Betting/gambling Quitting Challenge by iampeterben(m): 5:27am On Jul 12, 2021
iampeterben:

Day 39 ✔
Day 40 ✔
Day 41 ✔
Get busy with your time and you won't think of football nor bet. Pray for grace, the journey is not an easy.
God help us all!
Day 42 ✔
Energetic and ready to go through this day without betting so help me God.
Re: Sports Betting/gambling Quitting Challenge by iampeterben(m): 7:41am On Jul 13, 2021
iampeterben:

Day 42 ✔
Energetic and ready to go through this day without betting so help me God.
Day 43 ✔
Re: Sports Betting/gambling Quitting Challenge by iampeterben(m): 6:45pm On Jul 18, 2021
iampeterben:

Day 43 ✔
Day 44 ✔
Day 45 ✔
Day 46 ✔
Day 47 ✔
Day 48 ✔
Didn't have data since was only on WhatsApp plan. So happy to be back online.
Re: Sports Betting/gambling Quitting Challenge by iampeterben(m): 6:45pm On Jul 18, 2021
Where are my guys have we relent?
Re: Sports Betting/gambling Quitting Challenge by Bbtyss: 6:56pm On Jul 18, 2021
Re: Sports Betting/gambling Quitting Challenge by iampeterben(m): 2:41pm On Jul 20, 2021
iampeterben:

Day 44 ✔
Day 45 ✔
Day 46 ✔
Day 47 ✔
Day 48 ✔
Didn't have data since was only on WhatsApp plan. So happy to be back online.
Day 49 ✔
Day 50 ✔
Keep pushing my friends. Don't quit!
Re: Sports Betting/gambling Quitting Challenge by iampeterben(m): 5:48am On Jul 22, 2021
iampeterben:

Day 49 ✔
Day 50 ✔
Keep pushing my friends. Don't quit!
Day 51 ✔
Day 52 ✔
With God all things are possible, He will see us through. Trust him and not faint!
Re: Sports Betting/gambling Quitting Challenge by iampeterben(m): 7:45am On Jul 25, 2021
iampeterben:

Day 51 ✔
Day 52 ✔
With God all things are possible, He will see us through. Trust him and not faint!
Day 53 ✔
Day 54 ✔
Day 55 ✔
Thank you Jesus!!!
Re: Sports Betting/gambling Quitting Challenge by iampeterben(m): 11:59pm On Jul 25, 2021
May God grant you all the strength to carry on. God help us all!
Re: Sports Betting/gambling Quitting Challenge by ecoco2014(m): 4:57pm On Nov 23, 2022
iampeterben:
Sports betting has come a long way, and it appeals to gamblers because it does not involve a fixed house edge. Here, your skill speaks louder than luck, just as is the case with live poker. Gambling, and sports betting, in particular, has taken the entire world by storm, and the industry is growing every day. As lucrative and accessible as it is, however, doesn’t mean that there are no risks involved. It is no wonder the industry’s road to success has not been smooth. In fact, many nations have banned sports betting at some point in the course of its development. Even though these bans have proved to be unsuccessful in the long run, they made their position clear at the time; thus, we cannot afford to close our eyes to the harm that sports betting is capable of causing.

Sports betting involves placing your hard-earned cash on the line, and the risk of losing your wager is the leading and most obvious risk of this art. Yes, some experienced, grizzled gamblers will tell you that skill, and your ability to analyze matches, will help you win, but this is gambling remember. The outcome of any game can favor either side. There are countless instances when match underdogs have surprised many gamblers. Who knew that Leicester City F.C. would be crowned the champions of the 2015/2016 Premier League season in the UK? In 2015, Japan defied all the odds to beat South Africa during the Rugby World Cup tournament, despite having failed to win a single match at any world cup since 1991. Before the game, one would bet their life on South Africa, but is there something like a “safe bet” in gambling? Of course, some bets tend to be safer than others, but no stake guarantees a win. If it were so, then betting shops would close down in a day.

In addition to losing money, there is another risk that comes with sports betting: the possibility of getting addicted. Even though there are people who successfully manage to avoid getting addicted to gambling, no one can claim to be completely immune. Even the most unlikely gamblers can fall into this trap, so be careful! We’re not discouraging you from betting; all we’re saying is that you should gamble responsibly, and remember to moderate your behavior.

I have determined in my heart that God-willing and with discipline as I permanently put an end to certain vices in the past, i will put an end to online sports investment on or before April 10th 2023.

1 Like

Re: Sports Betting/gambling Quitting Challenge by iampeterben(m): 11:13am On Nov 24, 2022
ecoco2014:

I have determined in my heart that God-willing and with discipline as I permanently put an end to certain vices in the past, i will put an end to online sports investment on or before April 10th 2023.
May God help us all!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

U-20 World Cup: Nigeria Vs Japan [2 - 1] / Ryan Giggs Is From Africa / Football Pick Up Lines Used For Toasting A Lady - Must See

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.