Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:25 PM

What Goes To Heaven For Judgment? The Soul Or The Spirit? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Goes To Heaven For Judgment? The Soul Or The Spirit? (1553 Views)

Sins That Cry To Heaven For Vengeance / What Goes To Heaven Or Hell, Is It Body,soul Or Spirit. / Zimbabwean Pastor, Tito, Arrested For Selling Tickets To Heaven For $500 Each (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Goes To Heaven For Judgment? The Soul Or The Spirit? by HappyPagan: 11:14pm On Jun 04, 2021
Having accepted my fate as Heaven's number Last candidate, I'd like to research on what mind of experience I hope to get in the after life.

As a human, it's hard for me to imagine living outside my body.. When I die, what goes to heaven?

Would I appear in heaven with this physical body? Would old friends and family be able to recognize me?

What form would I take? A mind, a soul, or a spirit? What the Bleep do these even mean?

1 Like

Re: What Goes To Heaven For Judgment? The Soul Or The Spirit? by Image123(m): 11:31pm On Jun 04, 2021
HappyPagan:
Having accepted my fate as Heaven's number Last candidate, I'd like to research on what mind of experience I hope to get in the after life.

As a human, it's hard for me to imagine living outside my body.. When I die, what goes to heaven?

Would I appear in heaven with this physical body? Would old friends and family be able to recognize me?

What form would I take? A mind, a soul, or a spirit? What the Bleep do these even mean?

Lol, you don't determine your position or candidacy. You seem quite insignificant to carry such a significant position as last. Nonetheless, to your question, let me help you from the Scriptures.
The human is made of spirit, soul and body. The body is the physical part we all see so it is not hard to see that you do not see anything else. Proves that you of the flesh.

1Co_15:50  Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

If you died a sinner, you are not going to heaven my muskee man. Na hell straight. Your body will decompose and your spirit will go to hell, technically to God. Just like the rich man in Luke's gospel. Such spirit will suffer torment until the day of judgment. Old friends will recognize you but be unable to help you. Some dreamer would probably see you in hell and come back to warn other folks, lol. Something like that until the final day of judgement when you'll get your transfer to the final destination.
Re: What Goes To Heaven For Judgment? The Soul Or The Spirit? by BassReeves: 8:09am On Jun 05, 2021
HappyPagan:

Ezekiel 18:20
'The soul who sins is the one who will die.
A son will not bear the iniquity of his father, and a father will not bear the iniquity of his son.
The righteousness of the righteous man will fall upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked man will fall upon him.
'

1 Thessalonians 5:23
'Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely,
and may your entire spirit, soul, and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
'

Leviticus 17:11
'For the life of the flesh (i.e. body) is in the blood,
and I have given it to you to make atonement for your souls upon the altar;
for it is the blood that makes atonement for the soul
'

3 John 1:2
'Beloved, I pray you to prosper concerning all things and to be in good health, just as your soul prospers'

The answer simply is, its the soul, that's in the holding place awaiting departure for Judgment Day
Re: What Goes To Heaven For Judgment? The Soul Or The Spirit? by HappyPagan: 8:12am On Jun 05, 2021
BassReeves:
Ezekiel 18:20
'The soul who sins is the one who will die.
A son will not bear the iniquity of his father, and a father will not bear the iniquity of his son.
The righteousness of the righteous man will fall upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked man will fall upon him.
'

1 Thessalonians 5:23
'Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely,
and may your entire spirit, soul, and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
'

Leviticus 17:11
'For the life of the flesh (i.e. body) is in the blood,
and I have given it to you to make atonement for your souls upon the altar;
for it is the blood that makes atonement for the soul
'

3 John 1:2
'Beloved, I pray you to prosper concerning all things and to be in good health, just as your soul prospers'
The answer simply is, its the soul, that's in the holding place awaiting departure for Judgment Day

What is this Soul? And how is it different from a Spirit?

It's my understanding that pain is a physical experience..would the soul or spirit be able to feel pain?
Re: What Goes To Heaven For Judgment? The Soul Or The Spirit? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:24am On Jun 05, 2021
HappyPagan:

What is this Soul? And how is it different from a Spirit?

It's my understanding that pain is a physical experience..would the soul or spirit be able to feel pain?

The soul is a spirit.

It is exactly as you when you enter your car to drive it. Your car is the flesh/skin/ body (chassis), blood (oils and fuel) and bones (beams and frames) while you who enter the car to drive it, is the spirit/soul.

And since the car is just a cloth, so also is your body just a cloth to and for your real you, the soul.

Thus, exactly as you get out of your car when you die, your real you, the soul, will get out of the vehicle of your body to go and stand trial for offences committed while 'driving' the body.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Goes To Heaven For Judgment? The Soul Or The Spirit? by BassReeves: 8:24am On Jun 05, 2021
HappyPagan:
What is this Soul?
Soul is actually you. You were and allowed to come into being so to freely express yourself on earth, the best you're cut out for and/or the best you're capable of doing

At the point of death, there and then, you draw your last breath, after your last inhalation, the breath aka spirit returns back to its Owner. Your body returns to the ground as dust, while your soul travels to a departure lounge awaiting boarding flight to the Judgment Day destination

HappyPagan:
And how is it different from a Spirit?
Your soul, you, needs and uses the spirit to tune in to frequency(ies) that connects with receiving from and sending to the Godhead

HappyPagan:
It's my understanding that pain is a physical experience.
Would the soul or spirit be able to feel pain?
Spirit is grieved. Soul can be tormented.
All things you see or experience on earth are shadows of real things in the spiritual realm
Tormented souls will feel pain, anguish, will lament etc

Bottom line, you as a human being, a terrestrial spirit, is tripartite.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Goes To Heaven For Judgment? The Soul Or The Spirit? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:31am On Jun 05, 2021
BassReeves:

Your soul, you, needs and uses the spirit to tune in to frequency(ies) that connects with receiving from and sending to the Godhead

Spirit is grieved. Soul can be tormented.
All things you see or experience on earth are shadows of real things in the spiritual realm
Tormented souls will feel pain, anguish, will lament etc

Bottom line, you as a human being, a terrestrial spirit is tripartite

Did you observe the use of capital letters for "Spirit" and "spirit' in the Bible?

Did you think it is for nought the writers capitalized some?

Remember He said "not one jot"!
Re: What Goes To Heaven For Judgment? The Soul Or The Spirit? by BassReeves: 8:34am On Jun 05, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:
Did you observe the use of capital letters for "Spirit" and "spirit' in the Bible?

Did you think it is for nought the writers capitalized some?

Remember He said "not one hot"!
Mind you breath and spirit are often interchangeably used, but there is a distinction from you as a spirit being with a soul housed in a body, to the breath of God, i.e. part of His Spirit that was breathed into Adam's nostril, that him made come alive, as in like become animated just as with A4 characters on a comic magazine coming alive and moving in cartoon strips.

God is a Spirit, part of Him, breathed into Adam's nostril, is what brought him alive. When the breath leaves a body completely is when one dies, goes to the departure lounge awaiting flight for the Judgment Destination
Re: What Goes To Heaven For Judgment? The Soul Or The Spirit? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:38am On Jun 05, 2021
BassReeves:
Mind you breath and spirit are often interchangeably used, but there is a distinction from you as a spirit being with a soul housed in a body, to the breath of God, i.e. part of His Spirit that was breathed into Adam's nostril, that him made come alive, as in like become animated just as with A4 characters on a comic magazine coming alive and moving in cartoon strips

As far as we have seen and known in this world, can you say that the soul is physical and seen like the body? Or what material would you say is the soul made of, is it skin, blood, bones or unseen?
Re: What Goes To Heaven For Judgment? The Soul Or The Spirit? by BassReeves: 8:41am On Jun 05, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:
As far as we have seen and known in this world, can you say that the soul is physical and seen like the body? Or what material would you say is the soul made of, is it skin, blood, bones or unseen?
Ephesians 4:30
'And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.'

Luke 16:24
'And he cried out,
‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me,
and send Lazarus so that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in severe agony in this flame.’
'

Matthew 10:28
'And you should not be afraid of those killing the body but not being able to kill the soul.
Indeed rather you should fear the One being able to destroy both soul and body in Gehenna.'
Re: What Goes To Heaven For Judgment? The Soul Or The Spirit? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:48am On Jun 05, 2021
BassReeves:
Ephesians 4:30
'And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.'

Luke 16:24
'And he cried out,
‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me,
and send Lazarus so that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in severe agony in this flame.’
'

Matthew 10:28
'And you should not be afraid of those killing the body but not being able to kill the soul.
Indeed rather you should fear the One being able to destroy both soul and body in Gehenna.'

You still did not answer the question I did not ask about any of the matters you raised up there.

But I understand, you are considering the question since you really did not think about it this way.
Re: What Goes To Heaven For Judgment? The Soul Or The Spirit? by BassReeves: 8:55am On Jun 05, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:
You still did not answer the question I did not ask about any of the matters you raised up there.

[s]But I understand, you are considering the question since you really did not think about it this way[/s].
I didnt even see you raise any valid question, so I will ask this.
Are you saying human beings arent tripartite?
Re: What Goes To Heaven For Judgment? The Soul Or The Spirit? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:56am On Jun 05, 2021
BassReeves:
I didnt even see you raise any valid question, so I will ask this.

I asked you my question first, are you able to supply an answer for it?
Re: What Goes To Heaven For Judgment? The Soul Or The Spirit? by BassReeves: 9:00am On Jun 05, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:
I asked you my question first, are you able to supply an answer for it?
I didnt even see you raise any valid nor relevant question, so didnt bother about your barking up the wrong tree ignorant question, but now I will again ask you this:
Re: What Goes To Heaven For Judgment? The Soul Or The Spirit? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:08am On Jun 05, 2021
BassReeves:
I didnt even see you raise any valid nor relevant question, so didnt bother about your ignorant question, but now I will again ask you this:

In other words you are afraid of answering the question and therefore you exercise your right to refuse to answer it.

BassReeves:

The topic is not about the Triparty of man but about one of the Parties of the man, "the soul" the make up and composition of which, whether fleshy or spiritually or some other component that you know and I can verify but you are afraid to state the Truth of its Composition, as is your right. So, there is nothing else for me to say.
Re: What Goes To Heaven For Judgment? The Soul Or The Spirit? by BassReeves: 9:21am On Jun 05, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:
[s]In other words you are afraid of answering the question and therefore you exercise your right to refuse to answer it.

The topic is not about the Triparty of man but about one of the Parties of the man, "the soul" the make up and composition of which, whether fleshy or spiritually or some other component that you know and I can verify but you are afraid to state the Truth of its Composition, as is your right. So, there is nothing else for me to say.[/s]
This is where you are wrong because the topic has quite a lot to do with correctly understanding what tripartite in relation to a human being is

Now, young buck, are you disagreeing with me that, man is a spirit being, residing or housed in a body aka flesh and possessing a soul, that Man, essentially is made up of body, soul (i.e. uses the heart as an outlet) and spirit. That the soul has the body and spirit on each opposite sides of it. In a nutshell, do you disagree with me that, Man essentially, is a spirit being with a soul, housed, encapsulated, and/or wrapped up in a human being body suit?

Now watch this young blood, the spirit and soul have different faculties, and so the faculties of the spirit, comprises of Fellowship, Conscience, Discernment or Intuition, whilst the faculties of the soul comprises of the Mind (i.e. consciousness and sub consciousness) or Intellect, Will or Freewill, and Emotions and the Body has 5 faculties of senses, which are, to see, via the eyes, hear, via the ears, feel, via applicable part of the body, smell, via the nose and taste, via the mouth. Need I go on, need I say more for you to realise you're barking up the wrong tree, hmm?
Re: What Goes To Heaven For Judgment? The Soul Or The Spirit? by LordReed(m): 9:40am On Jun 05, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

The soul is a spirit.

It is exactly as you when you enter your car to drive it. Your car is the flesh/skin/ body (chassis), blood (oils and fuel) and bones (beams and frames) while you who enter the car to drive it, is the spirit/soul.

And since the car is just a cloth, so also is your body just a cloth to and for your real you, the soul.

Thus, exactly as you get out of your car when you die, your real you, the soul, will get out of the vehicle of your body to go and stand trial for offences committed while 'driving' the body.

I enter and exit my car at will not upon an inevitable event. Besides these days cars can perfectly drive themselves so I find your analogy deficient. If you can demonstrate that the so called soul can exit and enter the body at will then your analogy would fit.
Re: What Goes To Heaven For Judgment? The Soul Or The Spirit? by HappyPagan: 9:52am On Jun 05, 2021
LordReed:

I enter and exit my car at will not upon an inevitable event. Besides these days cars can perfectly drive themselves so I find your analogy deficient. If you can demonstrate that the so called soul can exit and enter the body at will then your analogy would fit.
I avoid him. He uses poorly thought out analogies... Sounds like those emails that used to make the rounds on yahoomail back in the days when the internet was new.
Re: What Goes To Heaven For Judgment? The Soul Or The Spirit? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:22am On Jun 05, 2021
LordReed:

You know an illustration is meant to give explanation to a specific fact. It would not be an illustration if I referred to it pari-pasu, pari-material, but you know all this.
Re: What Goes To Heaven For Judgment? The Soul Or The Spirit? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:28am On Jun 05, 2021
HappyPagan:

I avoid him. He uses poorly thought out analogies... Sounds like those emails that used to make the rounds on yahoomail back in the days when the internet was new.

Of course you have to avoid me for you found that you could never reasonably raise any flaw or error in any of my presentations as you do to others.
Re: What Goes To Heaven For Judgment? The Soul Or The Spirit? by LordReed(m): 10:29am On Jun 05, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

You know an illustration is meant to give explanation to a specific fact. It would not be an illustration if I referred to it pari-pasu, pari-material, but you know all this.

I know, which is why I said your analogy is deficient. A human is not trapped in a car and compelled to drive, a human can decide not to drive even after entering the car and sitting in the drivers seat. This is still with consideration that you only want to illustrate the apparent positions but your analogy relies on the human actually driving and exiting the vehicle, which as I point out, breaks down when you take a look at it.
Re: What Goes To Heaven For Judgment? The Soul Or The Spirit? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:38am On Jun 05, 2021
LordReed:

I know, which is why I said your analogy is deficient. A human is not trapped in a car and compelled to drive, a human can decide not to drive even after entering the car and sitting in the drivers seat. This is still with consideration that you only want to illustrate the apparent positions but your analogy relies on the human actually driving and exiting the vehicle, which as I point out, breaks down when you take a look at it.

My analogy is not flawed because I am merely describing A Specific Part (Entry, Driving and Exit of a car by a human being) with Another Specific Part (Entry, Driving and Exit of the soul from the body, flesh, blood of the thing called man).

That is the beginning and end of my presentation, anything outside these, is outside my presentation.

Thus, the freedom of the human being to enter and exit his "iron body" called car is beyond scope.
Re: What Goes To Heaven For Judgment? The Soul Or The Spirit? by BassReeves: 10:40am On Jun 05, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:
The soul is a spirit.

Genesis 2:7
'And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground,
and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life;
and man became a living soul.
'

Reiterating, the breath and spirit are often interchangeably used, but there is a distinction between a terrestrial spirit being with a soul housed in a body, to the breath of God aka spirit, i.e. part of His Spirit that was breathed into Adam's nostril, that made Adam come alive, as in like become animated, just as with how A4 characters on a comic magazine come alive and be seen moving in cartoon strips, like for example Tom and Jerry, Speedy Gonzales etc

Without the breath of life, Adam would have remained just a cartoon character on a comic, that it isnt animated. He would have been a soul, thats not living.

LordReed:
Isaiah 44:24
'Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer who formed you from the womb:
“I am the LORD, who has made all things, who alone stretched out the heavens, who by Myself spread out the earth,
'

The life of the flesh is the blood, while the life of the soul is the spirit. When the spirit, this time aka, the breath, leaves the body, the soul departs the body, but the body could be prevented from starting the decay process, if kept alive by an artificial life support

The soul enters into being post conception and leaves the body on expiration of the breath life.

Have you ever been behind a high performance car, but the driver is just dang too sluggish with driving it, you wonder who buys such an expensive high performance car like this but doesnt know how to drive it that well enough. Or you're behind a powerfully built on the higher grade expensive high performance, being driven and handled very well, only for a petite person to pop out of it, and you go wow. I do a lot, I see these big SUVs driven about, only to see that its a little in size person, manoeuvring the car. Our bodies are roughly similar like that, in that, whatever body sizes we are, the soul inside our bodies, responds to, are influenced and dictated to according to the level or degree of the intensity by which our spirit man relates and/or relays with the spirit realm and of course with the Godhead

HappyPagan:
I avoid him. He uses poorly thought out analogies...
Sounds like those emails that used to make the rounds on yahoomail back in the days when the internet was new.
That is what happens when posters make analogies without clarity, stating, not making or stating distinctions between certain key words
Re: What Goes To Heaven For Judgment? The Soul Or The Spirit? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:45am On Jun 05, 2021
HappyPagan:

According to the book (Bible) earth is man's PERMANENT HOME, so it's either you live as a youth in perfect health condition forever or you die and return to non-existence {Genesis 2:17} as for whatever misconduct you might have engaged in once you die you've paid fully for all the atrocities {Romans 6:7} you are not going to anywhere so make sure you're mindful of whatever you choose to do now while you're alive because after death you are NO MORE! Ecclesiastes 9:10

God only made a promise to obedient, faithful and loyal worshipers of He's that He will like to bless them with immortality {John 3:16} so they've been hoping for a time when He (God) will remember their fine works and bring them back to life {Job 14:13-15} so that they can enjoy life without end! Revelations 21:3-5

Don't mind the Bible verses it's for interested followers who may want to know what God's word (Bible) says regarding your question! smiley

2 Likes

Re: What Goes To Heaven For Judgment? The Soul Or The Spirit? by LordReed(m): 10:45am On Jun 05, 2021
BassReeves:
Genesis 2:7
'And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground,
and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life;
and man became a living soul.
'

Reiterating, the breath and spirit are often interchangeably used, but there is a distinction between a terrestrial spirit being with a soul housed in a body, to the breath of God aka spirit, i.e. part of His Spirit that was breathed into Adam's nostril, that made Adam come alive, as in like become animated, just as with how A4 characters on a comic magazine come alive and be seen moving in cartoon strips, like for example Tom and Jerry, Speedy Gonzales etc

Without the breath of life, Adam would have remained just a cartoon character on a comic, that it isnt animated. He would have been a soul, thats not living.

Isaiah 44:24
'Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer who formed you from the womb:
“I am the LORD, who has made all things, who alone stretched out the heavens, who by Myself spread out the earth,'

The life of the flesh is the blood, while the life of the soul is the spirit. When the spirit, this time aka, the breath leaves the body, the soul departs the body, but the body could be kept alive by an artificial life support

The soul enters into being post conception and leaves the body on expiration of the breath life.

Have you ever been behind a high performance car, but the driver is just dang too sluggish with driving it, you wonder who buys such an expensive high performance car like this but doesnt know how to drive it that well enough. Or you're behind a powerfully built on the higher grade expensive high performance, being driven and handled very well, only for a petite person to pop out of it, and you go wow. I do a lot, I see these big SUVs driven about, only to see that its a little in size person, manoeuvring the car. Our bodies are roughly similar like that, in that, whatever body sizes we are, the soul inside our bodies, responds to, are influenced and dictated to according to the level or degree of the intensity by which our spirit man relates and/or relays with the spirit realm and of course with the Godhead

That is what happens when posters make analogies without clarity, stating or and making distinction between key words

If like you say the body can be kept alive without the soul then life has nothing to do with soul or spirit. Also People on life support have been successfully resuscitated does that mean the soul came back? And how can we test this entry and exit?
Re: What Goes To Heaven For Judgment? The Soul Or The Spirit? by BassReeves: 10:55am On Jun 05, 2021
LordReed:
If like you say the body can be kept alive without the soul then life has nothing to do with soul or spirit.
Also People on life support have been successfully resuscitated does that mean the soul came back?
Why are life support machines left on but soon after and eventually are switched off?
It is the spirit, aka the breath of life, that sustains the soul on this side of eternity.
When the point of no return is crossed, no amount of plugging into a life support machine will make any difference, besides its hope that makes keeping the body in that vegetative state using the life support machine

LordReed:
And how can we test this entry and exit?
If you make yourself available as a volunteer and sign consent document waiving your rights so no indemnity will be given for loss of any kind to you, I suppose it can be arranged to test entry and exit with you as guinea pig
Re: What Goes To Heaven For Judgment? The Soul Or The Spirit? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:56am On Jun 05, 2021
BassReeves:
This is where you are wrong because the topic has quite a lot to do with correctly understanding what tripartite in relation to a human being is

No, sir we are only talking about ONE PART OF THE TRIPARTITE, To Wit- "the soul" and not about the Tripartite.

It is as narrow as that and not as wide as you wish to take it to, which I will not go along with you because it is Outside the scope of the issue, which is "the Soul!"

So since you refuse to give further information as to the composition and make up of the soul as per my request, I can not proceed in the matter.

The Topic is Soul, not Tripartite (Holy Spirit, Soul and Flesh/body) but "soul" alone.

It is exactly as an issue revolving around an alternator and what it is made of but you want us talk about the whole car, it is ludicrous.
Re: What Goes To Heaven For Judgment? The Soul Or The Spirit? by LordReed(m): 11:07am On Jun 05, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

My analogy is not flawed because I am merely describing A Specific Part (Entry, Driving and Exit of a car by a human being) with Another Specific Part (Entry, Driving and Exit of the soul from the body, flesh, blood of the thing called man).

That is the beginning and end of my presentation, anything outside these, is outside my presentation.

Thus, the freedom of the human being to enter and exit his "iron body" called car is beyond scope.

Entry, exit and driving of a vehicle is by will of a human which you say the soul has so how your does analogy hold up when you cannot demonstrate parity with any of the points you are trying to make? This is why your analogy is flawed and deficient. You are basically comparing apples to oranges and saying they taste the same.
Re: What Goes To Heaven For Judgment? The Soul Or The Spirit? by LordReed(m): 11:15am On Jun 05, 2021
BassReeves:
Why are life support machines left on but soon after and eventually are switched off?
It is the spirit, aka the breath of life, that sustains the soul on this side of eternity.
When the point of no return is crossed, no amount of plugging into a life support machine will make any difference, besides its hope that makes keeping the body in that vegetative state using the life support machine

People have been resuscitated, failure to revive is not the only outcome.

If you make yourself available as a volunteer and sign consent document waiving your rights so no indemnity will be given for loss of any kind to you, I suppose it can be arranged to test entry and exit with you as guinea pig

How? Outline the process.
Re: What Goes To Heaven For Judgment? The Soul Or The Spirit? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:20am On Jun 05, 2021
LordReed:

Entry, exit and driving of a vehicle is by will of a human which you say the soul has so how your does analogy hold up when you cannot demonstrate parity with any of the points you are trying to make? This is why your analogy is flawed and deficient. You are basically comparing apples to oranges and saying they taste the same.

The highlighted puts you out of scope for I did not raise "Will" in my answer. I restricted myself Only to the Entry, Driving and Departure/Exit.

All other facts remain out of scope of my answer.
Re: What Goes To Heaven For Judgment? The Soul Or The Spirit? by LordReed(m): 11:25am On Jun 05, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

The highlighted puts you out of scope for I did not raise "Will" in my answer. I restricted myself Only to the Entry, Driving and Departure/Exit.

All other facts remain out of scope of my answer.

How does human enter exit or drive if not by will? I thought you don't believe we are robots.
Re: What Goes To Heaven For Judgment? The Soul Or The Spirit? by BassReeves: 11:27am On Jun 05, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:
No, sir we are only talking about ONE PART OF THE TRIPARTITE, To Wit- "the soul" and not about the Tripartite.

It is as narrow as that and not as wide as you wish to take it to, which I will not go along with you because it is Outside the scope of the issue, which is "the Soul!"

So since you refuse to give further information as to the composition and make up of the soul as per my request, I can not proceed in the matter.

The Topic is Soul, not Tripartite (Holy Spirit, Soul and Flesh/body) but "soul" alone.

It is exactly as an issue revolving around an alternator and what it is made of but you want us talk about the whole car, it is ludicrous
Hebrews 4:12
'For the word of God is living and active and full of power [making it operative, energizing, and effective].
It is sharper than any two-edged sword, penetrating as far as the division of the soul and spirit [the completeness of a person],
and of both joints and marrow [the deepest parts of our nature], exposing and judging the very thoughts and intentions of the heart.
'

Psalm 51:10
'Create in me a clean heart, O God,
And renew a right and steadfast spirit within me.
'

You obviously can see how steadfastly I make distinction between the soul and the spirit, whereas as for you, you lump the two separate entities with reckless and careless comment like 'while you who enter the car to drive it, is the spirit/soul'

I even clarified that often in cases, for those in the know, breath and spirit are at times interchangeably used.

Now, I dont know where you got the idea from that Tripartite is Holy Spirit, Soul and Flesh/body, when as a matter of fact, tripartite simply, is the spirit man, the soul and the body aka carnal man or flesh combined. It isnt as you erroneously put it, that 'Tripartite is Holy Spirit, Soul and Flesh/body,' thats a confused statement you made right there

The spirit man tunes in to God frequency(ies) so that the body can be filled with as much measure of the Holy Spirit it can handle or according to how the vessel presents itself for pouring into.

OP categorically wanted an understanding between a spirit and a soul, so I have no need to talk of any whole stupid car because its not the body that awaits judgement, its not the spirit man that waits judgement, but it is the soul.

Ezekiel 18:20, after all states that the soul who sins is the one who will die, not the spirit man nor the carnal man or body.

You're such a barefaced liar, if you want to say you didnt read how I wrote:
... young buck, are you disagreeing with me that, man is a spirit being, residing or housed in a body aka flesh and possessing a soul, that Man, essentially is made up of body, soul (i.e. uses the heart as an outlet) and spirit. That the soul has the body and spirit on each opposite sides of it. In a nutshell, do you disagree with me that, Man essentially, is a spirit being with a soul, housed, encapsulated, and/or wrapped up in a human being body suit?

Now watch this young blood, the spirit and soul have different faculties, and so the faculties of the spirit, comprises of Fellowship, Conscience, Discernment or Intuition, whilst the faculties of the soul comprises of the Mind (i.e. consciousness and sub consciousness) or Intellect, Will or Freewill, and Emotions and the Body has 5 faculties of senses, which are, to see, via the eyes, hear, via the ears, feel, via applicable part of the body, smell, via the nose and taste, via the mouth. Need I go on, need I say more for you to realise you're barking up the wrong tree, hmm?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Can Answer: Can Prayer And Fasting Restore An Amputee's Lost Limb? / Giveaway For 5 Of My Followers: £10/N7,720 Each / Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? Who Is Allah?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.