Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,892 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:05 AM

Testimonies - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Testimonies (5383 Views)

Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here / Share Your Testimonies Here / Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Testimonies by Sweetnecta: 12:22am On May 18, 2011
@Kris2glo; « #30 on: Yesterday at 12:38:40 AM »
[Quote]Quote from: Niyi53 on May 16, 2011, 09:34 AM
I have never believed that Jesus is alive, coz his tomb has been discovered at srinagar, kahsmir, in india. The second advent of christ that is been expected as long occured in person of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad. Take it or leave it

Grand Prophecy:
The Promised Messiahas said: ''Remember very well that no one shall ever come down from heaven. All our opponent who are alive today shall die and none from them shall ever see Jesus son of Mary coming down from heaven; then their children that are left after them shall also die and none from among them shall ever see Jesus son of Mary coming down. Then God shall cause great consternation in their minds and they shall then say that even the age of the domination of the cross has passed away and the way of life has changed completely, yet the son of Mary has not come down. Then in dismay the wise among them shall forsake this belief and three centuries from now shall not have passed when those who await the coming of Jesus son of Mary, whether they be Muslims or Christians, shall relinquish altogether this conception'' (The Narrative of two Martyrdom’’ p 67)

My Brother, sorry this thread are Testimonies according to what Jesus has done in the lives of many through His living word.
All Praise, Glory, Honour and Dominion be unto his name for more He is about to do in our lives in JESUS NAME: AMEN.

SO if what you have to say is contrary, please I will beg you to look for another thread and do as you wish. Thank you and God bless you.[/Quote]Even though Jesus said he of his own can't do anything? Who is more unjust than the one who denigrate God? you do this by saying that Jesus did all that God Almighty Who sent him did.

[Quote]« #31 on: Yesterday at 10:35:53 PM »

Testimony give life and restores hope[/Quote]even if you have to be dishonest?
Re: Testimonies by kris2glo: 10:26pm On May 18, 2011
Healed from AIDS
This is a testimony of the restoration of an entire family including AIDS and asthma.
“You'd better brace yourself for what I am about to tell you,” I said to a friend of mine as we drove along a road in town. He assured me he could take anything I said to him – but when I told him what I'm about to tell you – he nearly wrecked the car!

My wife and I just became serious Christians in August last year. My wife was brought up as a Catholic and I as an Anglican would periodically go to Church on Sundays as we had time (like we were taught to do by our parents a long time ago). It was just a religious function but God remained more or less a distant hazy concept. I was not always like that. In my younger days I had confessed Christ at a young age but somewhere in High School, I abandoned the faith.
Last April, everything was looking pretty good in our lives. My wife was expecting our second child and although our son was showing symptoms of asthma we were hopeful that he would outgrow it.

But then one day in December as I was returning from a business trip, my wife met me at the airport with terrible news. During a routine pregnancy check up, her doctor had administered an HIV test along with other blood-work. The HIV test came back POSITIVE! The doctor wanted to begin administering drugs immediately but the cost of these drugs here when compared to our family income was prohibitive.

I was stunned… Our life was basically over! If my wife had it, it was a foregone conclusion that I had it too. There is a high infection rate of AIDS here in Nigeria (about 40% in urban centers) and social stigmatization is high. When you add to that - the cost of drugs for us, and our boy's asthma - this was literally - a death sentence for my entire family!
", This was literally - a death sentence for my entire family!"

Just when I thought that things couldn't get any worse, my son began having life threatening asthma attacks. We didn't know what to do, and didn't know where to go for help. I lost all hope and began thinking of suicide.

I began searching for information on AIDS and asthma on the Internet when it hit me that our situation was clearly way beyond any earthly intervention. So, in desperation I entered the search words “Faith” and “Healing” and the first article I clicked open was “Faith and Healing” by Tim Greenwood!
We both read this powerful article - a testimony of Tim’s healing from his death sentence of terminal heart disease. PLUS, in it – Tim taught ‘step-by-step’ how he, by believing and applying what the Bible said about healing, received complete healing. Now, we desperately wanted to believe that what Tim taught - would work for us. So, during a particularly bad asthma attack one night – we put the teaching to work for our son.

Immediately all asthma symptoms left our son – and did not return! Our son was healed! Our faith soared! For the first time we now believed that nothing was going to hold us back! We wrote for Tim’s free book “Walking In Faith,” sent in a prayer request and began devouring every article on the Tim Greenwood Ministries (TGM) website (www.tgm.org). Plus, Tim’s wife began corresponding with us via email, teaching and encouraging us!

My wife’s condition was rather desperate especially with the baby coming. We did not have time to mull this over any longer. We had to believe and act and act now! I went in for HIV testing believing and confessing that the test results would be negative. With the devil screaming in my ear that the test would be positive – as an act of faith, I bought a card for my doctor and wrote in it “Thank you for your help and assistance. I have collected my results and they are negative,” and I sealed the envelope.

When I got the results at the lab counter I wanted to hug the elderly lady. NEGATIVE! Thank you God! I was healed!
Ok, we had come this far by the encouragement we got from the emails and numerous articles from the TGM website. Given my suicidal thoughts when we first learned of the diagnosis and the great hope we now had, I was evident that God had clearly worked at least two miracles in our lives. Now we all focused in on healing for my wife.

We kept praying. The matter became more or less a prayer for a good report from her next set of lab tests, and standing in faith that our child will breasted as it was God's wish for babies to breast feed, and that my wife will not have to take any drugs on account of another negative lab test.

Daily we got into serious praise, worship and prayers in our bedroom for at least one hour. In the morning, our alarm clock is set to 5am, giving as a minimum of another one hour of prayer, praise and worship before I would start to prepare to go to work. We worked this system both weekdays and weekends. We now knew and believed what the Bible said about our healing, the importance of what we say and how to act on our faith.

In the next visit to the doctor, the doctor was quite adamant - my wife would have to start on the drugs. My wife was just as adamant. She told the doctor about my results, and that she was no longer infected with AIDS. He was quite candid - patients once they tested positive on this test - remained positive. But we knew that we are not ordinary; we are children of GOD, healed by the stripes of Jesus, praise and glory to His mighty Name! And, rather than argue, the doctor agreed to do fresh HIV tests on my wife.

All the tests came back negative! My wife was healed!
Needless to say the doctor had a hard time explaining this. But we know our God is our healer: He healed our son, my wife and myself—also our baby (who we named after Tim’s wife) was born completely healthy.

As you might guess, this was a head-spinning day. We kept smiling at everyone and at home we could not sleep. We nearly prayed and praised the whole night and will continue to do so. From no hope to great faith! From a death sentence, to life and life more abundantly!
FG, Nigeria (2002)
Re: Testimonies by kris2glo: 1:16am On May 19, 2011
Re: Testimonies by kris2glo: 6:45am On May 20, 2011
Eric and Jennifer Gonyon
HIV MIRACLE LEFT DOCS BAFFLED

Eric Gonyon was a Christian but unchurched, until one day he discovered he was carrying the HIV virus He went to church and was healed, as the now international preacher explains to Matthew Murray

A MONTH BEFORE HIS WEDDING, wealthy businessman Eric Gonyon felt life couldn’t get any better. He had recently converted to Christianity, was running a multi-million pound sales firm and was peparing to marry the love of his life, Jennifer.

The couple went for a routine blood test about six weeds before their big day, and a fortnight later, went to collect their results. It was then that life came crashing down for Eric when, much to his shock, the doctor told him he was HIV positive.

He recalls, Jennifer got her results and was fine, no problems, but when I got my result there was a big problem.
‘When the doctor is nervous you become nervous! He told me I was HIV positive. When that news hit me it was the most terrible news I could have heard. My first reaction was to ask for a shot or a pill to fix this but then he told me there was no shot or pill and there was nothing that could be done.

‘I started crying like a baby and didn’t know what to tell my wife. What if she got infected? I thought the wedding was off. I had a lot of questions to ask God but had no theological background. I just didn’t understand why this would happen’

Three days after hearing the news, Jennifer told Eric she would rather die than not-marry him, and declared the wedding was still to go ahead. Life was instantly tough for the newly-weds though, as Eric had to take special care not to spread the virus. However, the couple’s bleak future was about to take a miraculous turn for the better, when they attended a healing service at a local Lutheran church.

Eric says, ‘The priest came out in his big robe and asked anyone who was sick to come forward. He then took a little tub of oil and started to pray for people. I was a Christian but 1 was unchurched, so didn’t have a clue what was going on. To me, oil was something you put in your car.

‘He then put some oil on my forehead and said, dtln the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghosts I didn’t fall to the ground or shake, but l did feel an amazing peace, like a peace that passes all understanding.

‘I then went to see my doctor and I asked for another AIDS test. He was, surprised and asked why I wanted one, but I just had this peace and felt I had been healed. It took two weeks for the results to come back and he said it was the craziest thing he’d ever seen. He said, “you are no longer HIV positive you are HIV negative!” I nearly dropped to my knees and I started yelling, “Thank you Jesus!” The doctor tried to calm me down, but I just ran outside with excitement! He tried saying that the first test could have been wrong but I know I had been healed. I got another test and then another one and three tests showed that I no longer was HIV positive. God had healed me!’

Eric – who now travels the world telling his story – wasn’t raised in church, and says the HIV diagnosis was an obvious consequence of sin before his conversion to Christ.

He used to drink alcohol most days of his life and lived a lifestyle of women, partying and nightclubs.
He recalls, ‘I was raised in a godly home but l wasn’t godly. l was womanising and was in bars and clubs every night of the week and living the life that most people live.

‘The richest man I knew once called me and asked to meet me. When I got into his office he said? “If today was your last day on earth do you know beyond a shadow of doubt that you would go to heaven’s I said yes I would go to heaven because I as a good person. I wasn’t killing people or raping people or robbing backs. I thought it was a pretty crazy question!

This man gave me an opportunity to give my life to Jesus and, although I was very respectful, I said no. This man didn’t stop witnessing to me for five years. Sin is pleasurable for a season, but payday is soon coming. There are consequences to sin. You can rob a bank and ask God to forgive you and he will, but you’ll probably end up with a prison ministry!

‘Five years after this man witnessed to me, with no crisis in my life, I suddenly felt my time was running out. I got on my knees and probably didn’t even say the prayer right, but I said it well enough for Jesus to hear me.

‘I immediately had a peace that passed all understanding. That void that lId tried to fill with drink, women and drugs was filled with Jesus. I felt so happy and I had a peace. No preacher followed me up, no church followed me up, I just got hungry for the word of God and started listening to the Bible on tape and got desperate for God.

‘I know what it’s like to be dead and now be alive; I know what it’s like to be lost and now found. Jesus healed me!’
Re: Testimonies by kris2glo: 11:27pm On May 20, 2011
Re: Testimonies by kris2glo: 9:23pm On May 22, 2011
Re: Testimonies by kris2glo: 10:48pm On May 23, 2011
Re: Testimonies by realborn(m): 4:28pm On May 24, 2011
@ kris2glo,
awesome, awesome, awesome.
These testimonies lifted my wavering heart.
Praise be to God.
Shame to the devil.
Kindly keep them coming.
Re: Testimonies by kris2glo: 6:38pm On May 24, 2011
realborn:

@ kris2glo,
awesome, awesome, awesome.
These testimonies lifted my wavering heart.
Praise be to God.
Shame to the devil.
Kindly keep them coming.

Yes my brother, these are the essence of testimonies, because it is the miraculous handwork of God.
Healing is our Bread!
Re: Testimonies by kris2glo: 12:29am On May 25, 2011
Re: Testimonies by kris2glo: 3:34am On May 26, 2011
Re: Testimonies by simplymee: 6:46am On May 26, 2011
Thanks for the testimonies for they inspire faith in me and makes me know that i can still believe God today for anything & for folks and it will be possible. Rev 12:11a , And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony,
Re: Testimonies by kris2glo: 7:51pm On May 26, 2011
smiley wink :d
Re: Testimonies by newmi(m): 11:57pm On May 26, 2011
thanks Kris for all the wonderful testimonies l am richly blessed and inspired like many others. Testimonies are a celebration of God's faithfulness and mercies
Re: Testimonies by kris2glo: 9:02am On May 28, 2011
newmi:

thanks Kris for all the wonderful testimonies l am richly blessed and inspired like many others. Testimonies are a celebration of God's faithfulness and mercies

Welcome Brother, is always good hearing testimonies.
Re: Testimonies by kris2glo: 9:15am On May 28, 2011
Re: Testimonies by kris2glo: 12:32pm On May 28, 2011
smiley wink Sweet Jesus, I love to hear testimonies
Re: Testimonies by kris2glo: 1:28pm On May 28, 2011
Re: Testimonies by kris2glo: 6:17am On May 29, 2011
Re: Testimonies by kris2glo: 9:03pm On May 29, 2011
Someone needs our testimonies to boast their faith on their HEALING

So share your testimony smiley
Re: Testimonies by kris2glo: 9:16pm On May 29, 2011
Re: Testimonies by alaper: 9:57pm On May 29, 2011
I am sorry, but I dont understand what these 'miracles' are meant to prove. What you mean is that God first allows a person to suffer from a disease for some time, and sometimes, real SUFFERING for quite a while, and when God now sees you have suffered enough, or you are literarily begging for mercy, he then chooses one or two out of thousands that are with the same ailment and cures them grin grin. The rest he allows to die or the suffering to continue shocked shocked shocked So what really is being proved? I am informed that he can cure everyone if he wants to, but I don't know why he doesn't. He can even do better --- he can PREVENT the ailments from starting in the first place. Maybe he want to impress us with his 'powers', so he makes, or allows peolpe to suffer for a while so that when he stops the suffering, we will send more money to his agents, (sorry, pastors) here, via celestial union money tranfer grin grin grin grin
Re: Testimonies by kris2glo: 1:13am On May 30, 2011
alaper:

I am sorry, but I dont understand what these 'miracles' are meant to prove. What you mean is that God first allows a person to suffer from a disease for some time, and sometimes, real SUFFERING for quite a while, and when God now sees you have suffered enough, or you are literarily begging for mercy, he then chooses one or two out of thousands that are with the same ailment and cures them grin grin. The rest he allows to die or the suffering to continue shocked shocked shocked So what really is being proved? I am informed that he can cure everyone if he wants to, but I don't know why he doesn't. He can even do better --- he can PREVENT the ailments from starting in the first place. Maybe he want to impress us with his 'powers', so he makes, or allows peolpe to suffer for a while so that when he stops the suffering, we will send more money to his agents, (sorry, pastors) here, via celestial union money tranfer grin grin grin grin

I am still thinking where to place your type. But first WHERE ARE YOU FROM? in this model day someone can still talk like this? PRETTY STRANGE.

Well you owes your mouth, but be careful of what you say with it, because you can use it to make your life great and you can use it to distroy your life. WHAT YOU SAY, IS WHAT YOU GET.
Re: Testimonies by kris2glo: 7:13am On May 31, 2011
Howard's Healing - From Fatigue to Freedom

I begin my story sharing the triggers that I believe set off my battle with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS). At Easter time 1995, I came down with a viral illness which put me in bed for about 8 days. A full series of blood tests could only tell me what I did not have! My energy and stamina levels never fully recovered after that illness. Initially, I thought I was just getting old - at 29 years of age. Slowly, my lack of energy became frustratingly worse.

In July 1997, chicken pox put me in bed for about 10 days. My digestive system never completely recovered, with irritable bowel syndrome setting in. At the time I was on holiday, but chose to resign from work, mainly due to my health. I struggled to do some part time work for 3 months, but had to give it up in April 1998. I wasn't coping.

During this time, several very stressful events took place in my life, including the birth of our first child in September 1995, who was eventually diagnosed with a rare, degenerative, genetic, muscle and brain disorder. Without a doubt, this long-term stressful environment was another trigger for my susceptibility to CFS.

Between May and November of 1994, I had the series of 3 hepatitis B vaccinations, due to work environment risks. Although I can't prove it, nor would most medical professionals support the idea, I have no doubt this was another trigger. In talking with other CFS sufferers, many had a vaccination or vaccinations in the months leading up to the initial onset of their condition or they had a major relapse after a vaccination.

Living with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

I went to the local CFS support group. The first 3 to 4 times were very informative and encouraging. It was good to discover I wasn't the only person struggling to find an understanding doctor. It was also good to find a comprehensive lending library of very informative books, tapes and videos. Though many of the discoveries I made were depressing, I still felt a real liberation in understanding exactly what I was dealing with.

Taking away the fear of the unknown in the early visits to the support group lifted off a huge emotional burden for me. It gave me more resources to cope with the strange symptoms I was struggling with - - fatigue and weakness, difficultly breathing, dizziness, muscle pain (fibromyalgia), fairly constant headaches, joint pain, especially in the ankles, wrists and fingers, inability to experience refreshing sleep, night sweats, sore throat and ears, churning painful stomach, diarrhea, hot flushed face, itchy gritty eyes, sweaty feeling around the eyes, cold, sore feet, "brain fog," confusion, poor short-term memory, etc.!

For a long time, I felt if I strictly followed a very healthy diet I would beat this condition. Dietary changes initially helped, but the improvement was not sustained, and I became emotionally obsessive about what I did or didn't put in my mouth, which was counter productive. While very important, diet was not the source of my healing. I also tried many different, often expensive, vitamins, minerals, supplements, natural remedies, etc, with no significant improvements.

As the weeks rolled into months and then years, I found going to the support group frustrating and depressing. Sharing with others, all struggling with similar aches and pains, and never finding any real solutions, was not helping me. I needed to become part of a support group with people who had recovered from the condition. These people seemed few and far between, which was depressing, and a reflection of the nature of the condition. Generally, people who had recovered, were out living life, and wanted to put space between themselves and CFS.

Freedom and Release

I currently am an ex-CFS sufferer, praise God! I have known the fear of being curled up in a fetal position, in bed all day with intense muscle pain from head to toe. The strongest dose of pain killer could only take the edge off of the pain. I have known the strain on my marriage, as my wife struggled with the frustration of having to cuddle up to a slimy, sweaty husband for months, who was often too weak to even return a decent hug. My heartfelt desire in sharing this story of how I was released from CFS, is that it may assist others in finding a pathway of healing. I have no desire to be controversial, but I must share the truth of how God set me free.

On Saturday, June 5, 1999, I attended a seminar about cults and the occult, and in particular, on Freemasonry. At the end of that night, there was a time of corporate prayer, specifically renouncing the generational curses that come about as a result of the oaths taken in Masonic rituals. (I have never been a Mason and have rejected becoming involved, however, I understand that at least three generations of my forefathers have been Masons.) At the end of that night, God, through His Holy Spirit, did major surgery in my life. Since that night, all the major symptoms of CFS in my body have ceased! For a day or two after that night, I had a deep "healing pain" in my bones.

Two days later, I went on a four day break with my wife. We walked four to five kilometers per day. I had rarely walked with my wife, for years before that, and would have to turn back early, if I did. I had to be careful and not over do things for a while, as I at times still struggled with tiredness. My muscles were occasionally sore and stiff, due to the shock of extra use after years of inactivity. I still occasionally struggled with digestive problems, but this has now normalized.
It has been over six years since that night. I have had only one relapse when all the symptoms of CFS returned for 2 days which I spent in bed. I received release by prayerfully renouncing Masonic curses in a similar way to the night of my original healing.

Having been out of the workforce for nearly 3 years, I still have some emotional struggles to overcome in the area of self-confidence. My energy levels have now returned. I have completed a primary school teaching degree. I am currently a part-time high school chaplain as well as the primary care giver for my disabled son.
CFS is a very perplexing and multifaceted illness. I believe its causes include environment (pollution, chemical sensitivity), physical influences (viral, dietary), emotional influences (long-term stress, grief), medical influences (vaccinations), and spiritual issues (generational curses through occult involvement). There are many readily accessible resources on these issues except for the last one - spiritual.

Unlike native or indigenous peoples, our "western world, rational thinking mindset," has difficulty accepting that physical harm can result from negative spiritual involvement. We hear much in the medical field about people being genetically predisposed to a certain illness or disease, including CFS. Perhaps not in all, but I believe in many cases, there is a spiritual predisposition, in the form of a generational curse, at the root of that genetic predisposition. Unless these generational curses are renounced and cut off, then there is a "freedom" for diseases to continue to manifest down a generational line.

My challenge to you is to prayerfully consider your spiritual heritage and seek out people and resources to assist you with any issues which may be keeping you in ill health. By all means, continue to pursue all possible issues that may be causing your illness, but don't neglect the spiritual. If in many cases CFS is spiritually rooted, we should not find it surprising that medical science is finding the mysteries of the illness hard to unravel.

Some months after my healing, I met another lady who had been battling CFS for 17 years. She had been president of the local CFS support group in New Zealand. She too was completely set free in a similar way, and for the same reason I was.

Through the hardest months of my illness, I declared I would widely promote and sell anything that gave me sustained release from CFS. Therefore, I promote to you the healing power of Jesus Christ, through the renouncing of generational curses. I can't however sell it to you, because it will not cost you anything!
Please feel free to pass this testimony on to anyone you know struggling with CFS or fibromyalgia. They need all the positive news they can get!

Howard
Queensland, Australia
hb4jc@aapt.net.au
www.jubilee.org.nz
Re: Testimonies by kris2glo: 6:59am On Jun 02, 2011
thank god i have a testimony today, and i must share it!
Re: Testimonies by kris2glo: 7:01am On Jun 02, 2011
Re: Testimonies by kris2glo: 8:14pm On Jun 02, 2011
smiley wink cool i gat a testimony to share tonight!
Re: Testimonies by kris2glo: 7:13am On Jun 03, 2011
Re: Testimonies by kris2glo: 11:56pm On Jun 04, 2011
[flash=400,300]http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/ajhL9q2AqE8[/flash]

People need to know that God wants us well and that sickness and disease can be eradicated by faith regardless of what the medical profession claims. Its good to see more and more people getting ahold of God's truths and putting them into practice and reaping the positive rewards and prosmises of the Scriptures.

yea, its time for people to realise its not up to God to make their lives better, it WAS up to him and he did what he was suppose to do: sending Jesus to take our faults ans sickness, Now it is our turn to take what he has given to us. Thank you Jesus
Re: Testimonies by kris2glo: 5:03am On Jun 06, 2011
God has done it again
Re: Testimonies by kris2glo: 5:46am On Jun 08, 2011
Re: Testimonies by regged4u: 6:33am On Jun 08, 2011
Praise God for all these testimonies, smiley wink cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

You Won't Believe That This Passages Is In The Quran / T.B. Joshua's Emmanuel TV On Sky (UK) / Buccaneers Confraternity Trades Words With The Pyrates Confraternity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.