Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,245 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:20 AM

Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN (46092 Views)

Aminu Adamu Mocked The Death Of Deborah Samuel Before Aisha Buhari Tweet / Again, Twitter Deletes President Buhari’s "Genocidal Threat" Video / Twitter Deletes Buhari’s Tweet About Nigerian Civil War - Peoples Gazette (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by Jiroville300: 7:44am On Jun 05, 2021
Ugandatales:

I don't support the ban but trust me, Twitter will not become more popular. You might be tech savvy, but how many Nigerians will want to go through stress of using VPN to go on Twitter. Nigerians like things easy... majority will probably move to another social media site similar to Twitter. Personally, I rarely go on Twitter, even though I opened my account with them in 2009. Now that they are banned, I definitely won't be using no VPN to go on there. I am okay with Nairaland and Instagram.

No everyone is as thick headed as you .. speak for yourself .. it would become more popular ... you rarely go on twitter because u do not understand how it works .. what you do not understand is certainly bigger than u
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by SaintLucia: 7:45am On Jun 05, 2021
zeusdgrt:

30k BMC
The same CNN that was not on ground at Lekki lied that 22 died in Lekki Toll Gate, from 22 death to 1 unconfirmed death by the same CNN. And meanwhile BBC that had a reporter on ground said no one was kill. Nigeria Is not Libya. CNN and other America agents of destruction will soon be ban from Nigeria space. Our national security must come first and not the interest of the imperialism. Anybody that is not happy can relocate to Ghana, Twitter is free there just stand near their office and you will browse for free. Many countries banned Twitter and heaven did not fall.
30k BMC has been increased to 35k hope he pain u now. At the end of the day Twitter is ban ntorrrr grin
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by Ugandatales: 7:45am On Jun 05, 2021
Myer:

Let's be real here, did ya'll expect the president of any country to fold his arms when Police stations and INEC officies were being burned down and staff murdered?

I feel you, but Buhari should have chosen better words to express himself. That his Twitter post was a subtle threat to Igbos.
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by Eriokanmi: 7:45am On Jun 05, 2021
b3llo:
CNN will soon be banned. If you won't support this regime get ready to be banned. Let he who has ear hear.
Yes, it could only happen in Nigeria under a dictator. How i wish Jonathan could ban same twitter for allowing it to publish all posts containing all manners of names and propaganda of the APC ahead of the 2015 polls. Eleriibu illiterate like you. Our brand new nation Oduduwa wouldn't do anything close to this.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by Nobody: 7:45am On Jun 05, 2021
zeusdgrt:

Stop showing ur ignorance, Twitter is a platform regulated by laws and there are terms of agreement before you open an account which u agreed to.If u contravene the rules of the platform is their right to suspend, deactivate ur account according to the agreement just like what we have here on NL,if the US president do same he will be melted same treatment is not Nigeria it is the agreement buhari's account agreed to before being on their platform.Please stop showing ur illiteracy to us.

I believe the issue here is that Buharis comment was grossly taken out of context especially since it was extracted from a video address he made to INEC.

If you watched the video you would understand that what was being touted on Twitter as the reality was not the reality

The herd mentality among Nigerians and hatred for him by a certain divide made them twist the narrative and then decide to report his account.

Twitter investigates before removal of tweets but the question is "which individual tweeter staff handled that report or investigation"?

It was not Jack but a staff and to me that tweet was removed unjustifiably because it's content if you read the other tweets preceding that was targeted at criminal elements in general and not my tribe.

Nnamdi Kanu has been making open threats to Nigeria and Nigerian forces via same Twitter and nothing has happened to his tweets. No action was ever taken.

I do understand the basis for the action by Buhari to ban Twitter because it was beginning to look like they are selective even with their own rules and seem to want the drama or chaos that comes with turmoil because afterall in media it's all about traffic same with Nairaland.
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by lexy2014: 7:46am On Jun 05, 2021
Rissamenti:

Being a democracy does not make us a mumu country that Twitter can insult anyhow, sorry.

"The Federal Government has suspended, indefinitely, the operations of the microblogging and social networking service, Twitter, in Nigeria," it read.

The statement, which was posted on the ministry's official Twitter handle on Friday evening..."

Is it not mumu to ban Twitter & yet still be using d same Twitter to make announcement?
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by Generalnomercy: 7:46am On Jun 05, 2021
Buhari keeps falling into Nnamdi kanu's trap.

This one has destroyed Buhari and his evil government to almost 30%

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by Ericzano: 7:46am On Jun 05, 2021
Hi guys, Driftwood Tv got you covered when it comes to Latest Memes�, Trends �, News�, Music�, Sports⚽, Business��, Updates�️, Savages �, Gossips�, and lots more just click the below lets go ��❤�����https:///message/WRYAL5VP66SDH1
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by Angelfrost(m): 7:47am On Jun 05, 2021
Rissamenti:

Being a democracy does not make us a mumu country that Twitter can insult anyhow, sorry.

Twitter hasn't insulted us more than Buhari and his clowns do on a daily basis...

Twitter didn't make a post threatening the lives of a region with a repeat of civil war in a 21st century democracy...

Twitter didn't keep mute while banditry and kidnapping took over half of the country...

Twitter didn't send soldiers to violently quell a non-violent protest in Lekki...

Twitter is not the reason a certain group of Northern Africa Nomads have sacked farmlands across the length and breadth of the nation without being challenged by security forces... Etc.

Finally, Twitter has rules which no individual is above even if you are the president of a third world country or a world power... If you can't abide the rules, you deactivate your bloody account, not subjecting your citizens to a public show of shame in an attempt to save face.

Now, have a good day sir.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by maasoap(m): 7:47am On Jun 05, 2021
In that tweet on Tuesday, the Nigerian leader threatened to deal with people in the country's southeast, who he blames for the recurring attacks on public infrastructure in the region .

And the targeted killings of security agents in Nigeria: police, soldiers and civil defence corps
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by GodisFirst: 7:47am On Jun 05, 2021
Very soon they will ban Education. grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by Ugandatales: 7:47am On Jun 05, 2021
Jiroville300:

No everyone is as thick headed as you .. speak for yourself .. it would become more popular ... you rarely go on twitter because u do not understand how it works .. what you do not understand is certainly bigger than u

Lol! With the insults as usual. Instead of just getting your point across in a civil manner. Anyway, time will tell if Twitter will becomes popular or not.
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by Karlosorji(m): 7:48am On Jun 05, 2021
Rissamenti:
.LESSON FOR TWITTER: DO NOT MESS WITH THE GIANT OF AFRICA

Empty brain that’s what you are exhibiting

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by Renforce: 7:48am On Jun 05, 2021
Officialgarri:
All those people that abandoned Nairaland and fled to twitter will come back and meet us here. grin grin

Anything that will bring sanity to this country is welcome.

You are such a big fool for this comment. Imbeciles like you is the real plague of this nation

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by barragan: 7:48am On Jun 05, 2021
donestk:
Its okay.

SW dudes thought that after 2015 elections, mbati mbati names will be listed for appointments but nah. Twas Sule and Garba.

Lesson: when you sell your brother, even your buyer will not trust you.

This is the only thing that makes sense to PDP/Ipob fools, "appointments". The south west has greatly benefitted from this government far more than any appointments to private individuals can bring and interestingly enough, factually, south west has received the most appointments from this government, you lots are just jealous.
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by seangy4konji: 7:48am On Jun 05, 2021
Useless people....Nigeria is in total chaos...Basic things are no longer affordable and there is no money or jobs...People are desperate and almost every where now is crime to survive....

Na irrelivance dem go deh look....

Useless clueless bunch...

This country failed us ooooo....
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by KauntantJoyce(f): 7:48am On Jun 05, 2021
Been trying to sload twitter...omg
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by maasoap(m): 7:49am On Jun 05, 2021
umunaija:
Buhari keep shooting himself in the foot. Is better to ignore somethings but always proving stubborn will only hurt you. Now the world will hear about ipob, like CNN said, 1 - 3 million Igbos were killed. Many people that don't know about it before will know it now. Many people will be sympathetic to Ipob because of this. One funny thing about life is that when you think you are doing people, you are actually doing yourself. Buhari is always promoting nnamdi kanu and Biafra. What an irony.

That kind of promotion is good, we love it.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by AntonVince: 7:50am On Jun 05, 2021
[s]
Rissamenti:

[/s]

Nonsense!
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by Generalnomercy: 7:50am On Jun 05, 2021
maasoap:

And the targeted killings of security agents in Nigeria: police, soldiers and civil defence corps

Why haven't he threatened bokoharam, herdsmen and other northern terrorist groups killing innocent nigerians?
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by Lagoon0: 7:51am On Jun 05, 2021
justtoodark:

you people have been shoutin it in our ears for years now....
So you're blind to notice ipob is getting more momentum while Nigeria go weaker.

Those that invented Nigeria knew its overdue already.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by Johel(m): 7:52am On Jun 05, 2021
Rissamenti:

Mumu...twitter that I'm still using like this.
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by maasoap(m): 7:52am On Jun 05, 2021
BigYash:
I'm not ipob Mr man . I support them for defending their region from falani destruction. You seriously need to pray for sense.
BigYash:
Before you start saying rubbish over what I commented. Note that I'm not Igbo . I am a Nigerian and if your pay masters can not lead the nation, let them hand over to capable hands. Before you go out this morning from your house. Put your two hands on your head,and pray for common sense.. Cux its only a senseless person, that won't see wrong in what is going on in the country right now. And its only a senseless person that will carry PDP or APC on his head. Have a nice day!

This is a faceless forum, not Facebook, you're whatever you called yourself.
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by Wizmj4real(m): 7:53am On Jun 05, 2021
Rissamenti:

Who's this one

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by tfelicityk(m): 7:54am On Jun 05, 2021
Smiling....
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by EmekaA125(m): 7:55am On Jun 05, 2021
Officialgarri:
All those people that abandoned Nairaland and fled to twitter will come back and meet us here. grin grin

Sanity in which way?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by olibeans: 7:56am On Jun 05, 2021
Rissamenti:

President Buhari is more powerful than any president in the world including the President of America, so he can do as he likes..

The constitution makes him so.

For example, when fmr. President Obasanjo massacred the people of Odi and Zakki biam with the Nigerian army, nothing happened. The international community saw it. Nigerians saw it. And nothing happened.

If President Buhari decides to wipe out the entire Igbos in the South-East tomorrow, believe you me, nothing will happen.

That is Nigeria for you and we are loving it. If you don't like it leave Nigeria.

Igbos people are our slaves and they will continue to be our slaves. The resources in the East belongs us in the North including all oil wells in the South-South.

We love Nigeria and the unity of Nigeria is sacrosanct.. Even if it means wiping out an entire village to keep Nigeria, it is a task that must be done.

God has made us to be One Nigeria.
We must be One Nigeria till the end of time.
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by maasoap(m): 7:57am On Jun 05, 2021
humilitypays:
How Yorubas are happy watching as Fulanis destroy Nigeria just because they want Fulani to hand over power to Tinubu is really shocking and deserves a special study.

Yoruba people una well done oh.

Igbos will be vindicated very soon. The world is watching and hearing Igbos scream to high heavens while Yorubas laugh and paddy with demonic Fulanis with evil agenda against the rest of Nigerians.

As for Niger Delta, una own de surprise me. Because of your crude oil, Northern Oligarch formed Bandits they use to arrange shabby kidnaps of school children to get free billions from government which comes mostly from crude oil revenue allocation.

It baffles me how every other tribe have remained subdued in Nigeria, except Igbos which is what is infuriating these Fulani criminals in power

Yorubas can't fight your war for you, I don't know why you are shouting Yoruba up and down. Your forefathers had been romancing with Hausa/Fulani for years, may be you should revisit your history with northerners.
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by 2ndBase: 7:57am On Jun 05, 2021
[quote author=Officialgarri post=102386106]All those people that abandoned Nairaland and fled to twitter will come back and meet us here. grin grin

You cannot use insanity to sanitize Nigeria. You people think you are smart abi. I dey laugh. The poo you throw up the ceiling fan will hit you people in the face.
Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by EmekaA125(m): 7:58am On Jun 05, 2021
humilitypays:
How Yorubas are happy watching as Fulanis destroy Nigeria just because they want Fulani to hand over power to Tinubu is really shocking and deserves a special study.

Yoruba people una well done oh.

Igbos will be vindicated very soon. The world is watching and hearing Igbos scream to high heavens while Yorubas laugh and paddy with demonic Fulanis with evil agenda against the rest of Nigerians.

As for Niger Delta, una own de surprise me. Because of your crude oil, Northern Oligarch formed Bandits they use to arrange shabby kidnaps of school children to get free billions from government which comes mostly from crude oil revenue allocation.

It baffles me how every other tribe have remained subdued in Nigeria, except Igbos which is what is infuriating these Fulani criminals in power
Same Fulani herders slaughtered Yoruba indigenes in Ogun, Ondo and Oyo. I don't just understand why they're still supporting Fulani wholeheartedly. Very strange!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Bans Twitter After Company Deletes President Buhari's Tweet - CNN by Generalnomercy: 7:59am On Jun 05, 2021
plaindealer:

Why are you Igbos always acting like cowards? Why is it always so hard for you to be proud of who you are and your ipobian identity? Are you so ashamed of Igbos that you are so desperate not to call yourself ipob even though you are and you love everything they stand for?

How do you even love terrorists, killers, murderers arsonists and evil elements?

You Igbos are a different and weird breed..
grin grin grin

Tell us why you support bokoharam, herdsmen, bandits, ugm all in the North? Are you a terrorist?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

President Buhari Receives Duoye Diri, Bayelsa Governor / Femi Fani-Kayode: "Why Innoson Motors Is Being Punished By EFCC" / Ihedioha’s Supporters Protest In Owerri, Say "We Want Him Back"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.