Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,775 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

BREAKING: Aisha Buhari deactivates her Twitter Account [PHOTO] - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Aisha Buhari deactivates her Twitter Account [PHOTO] (2129 Views)

TIME Writer, Rajvanshi Locks Her Twitter Account Due To Attack From Nigerians / Aisha Buhari Deactivates Her Twitter Account / Jonathan Congratulates Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala On Her Twitter Appointment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Aisha Buhari deactivates her Twitter Account [PHOTO] by stephanie11: 12:41am On Jun 05, 2021
POLITICSNIGERIA.COM

Nigeria's First Lady, Aisha Buhari has made good her threat by deactivating her Twitter account.

Mrs. Buhari had on Friday night announced that she will be deactivating her account in support of the Federal government's decision to suspend all activities of Twitter in Nigeria.

She wrote on her handle: "I will be deactivating my twitter account for now. Long live Federal Republic of Nigeria".

However, a check carried out by POLITICS NIGERIA shows that the first lady indeed deactivated her account as it can no longer be found on Twitter. The Nigerian Government is in a bitter row with the social media giant after President Muhammadu Buhari's tweet was deleted from the platform on Thursday.

The president had threatened 'genocidal' violence on Igbo people over the rising spate of insecurity in the region due to the activities of pro-secession group, the indigenous people of Biafra, IPOB. The tweet was deleted by Twitter for violating its rules.

The government responded to the development via its minister of information, Lai Mohammed, who accused the website of 'double standards'. On Friday, the minister announced the suspension.

https://politicsnigeria.com/breaking-first-lady-aisha-buhari-deactivates-her-twitter-account-photo/

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Aisha Buhari deactivates her Twitter Account [PHOTO] by onomeabuja: 12:43am On Jun 05, 2021
stephanie11:
POLITICSNIGERIA.COM

Nigeria's first lady has revealed that she will be deactivating her Twitter account.

The first lady's comments are coming shortly after the Nigerian government announced the suspension of all Twitter activities in the country.

On Friday afternoon, Minister for information, Lai Mohammed made the announcement in Abuja. It will be recalled that the social media giant deleted President Muhammadu Buhari's tweet on Wednesday for violating its rules.

The president had issued a threat to the people of the South-East referencing the 1967 civil war.

The first lady tweeted; "I will be deactivating my twitter account for now. Long live Federal Republic of Nigeria".

https://politicsnigeria.com/breaking-i-will-be-deactivating-my-account-aisha-buhari-speaks-on-twitter-ban/
rubbish undecided
na only pam-cake dem knw how to rub embarassed
Re: BREAKING: Aisha Buhari deactivates her Twitter Account [PHOTO] by SMI2020: 12:45am On Jun 05, 2021
If the action won't at least reduce the price of cup of rice, u Dey ment

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Aisha Buhari deactivates her Twitter Account [PHOTO] by gift2xl: 12:46am On Jun 05, 2021
People that are following her, this broadcast is for u. She's not on my Twitter search.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Aisha Buhari deactivates her Twitter Account [PHOTO] by MrColdsweat: 12:46am On Jun 05, 2021
Buhari just dey score own goals dey go.

Ndigbo have been vindicated once again.

7 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Aisha Buhari deactivates her Twitter Account [PHOTO] by IJOBA11: 12:47am On Jun 05, 2021
WIFE OF A TERRORIST angry

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Aisha Buhari deactivates her Twitter Account [PHOTO] by Daveambition(m): 12:47am On Jun 05, 2021
Mama nkechi backyard talk

Why not deactivate it permanently.
Which one is ~~~~For Now

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Aisha Buhari deactivates her Twitter Account [PHOTO] by Nobody: 12:55am On Jun 05, 2021
Who your Twitter account epp?

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Aisha Buhari deactivates her Twitter Account [PHOTO] by FirstClassIdiot: 1:02am On Jun 05, 2021
Who cares angry
Your husband is a useless man

Like this I dey plan to follow Desert enter Uk angry...e no go better for una

In fact if I see Buhari ehnnn..i go commot hin teeth angry

7 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Aisha Buhari deactivates her Twitter Account [PHOTO] by Ever8090: 1:10am On Jun 05, 2021
FirstClassIdiot:
Who cares angry
Your husband is a useless man

Like this I dey plan to follow Desert enter Uk angry...e no go better for una

In fact if I see Buhari ehnnn..i go commot hin teeth angry
you want dey your house see am?..go Aso rock naa, you go see am there I believe say if you see am, na bend down you go take greet am.. una go dey Nairaland dey make mouthgrin
Re: BREAKING: Aisha Buhari deactivates her Twitter Account [PHOTO] by Nukilia: 1:16am On Jun 05, 2021
Dictators die a terrible death

Buhari and his crooks are about to be booted out and never to return

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Aisha Buhari deactivates her Twitter Account [PHOTO] by FarahAideed: 1:19am On Jun 05, 2021
Good riddance to bad rubbish ....the Disgrace that will sweep this evil govt away is coming

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Aisha Buhari deactivates her Twitter Account [PHOTO] by Nobody: 1:24am On Jun 05, 2021
Ever8090:
you want dey your house see am?..go Aso rock naa, you go see am there I believe say if you see am, na bend down you go take greet am.. una go dey Nairaland dey make mouthgrin

Re: BREAKING: Aisha Buhari deactivates her Twitter Account [PHOTO] by chukwuibuipob: 1:49am On Jun 05, 2021
angry cool very good for her.Dear all iPOB yweets..It is time to make Buhari bleed.Let us burn NG money, certificate, passport etc
Re: BREAKING: Aisha Buhari deactivates her Twitter Account [PHOTO] by stephanie11: 2:14am On Jun 05, 2021
wow
Re: BREAKING: Aisha Buhari deactivates her Twitter Account [PHOTO] by Gbagura: 2:45am On Jun 05, 2021
It's getting very interesting. Buhari is coming for nairaland too. We go dey alright las las
Re: BREAKING: Aisha Buhari deactivates her Twitter Account [PHOTO] by mike8804: 3:00am On Jun 05, 2021
Leopards can't change their spot:

In 1984, Buhari passed Decree Number 4, the Protection Against False Accusations Decree,considered by scholars as the most repressive press law ever enacted in Nigeria. Section 1 of the law provided that "Any person who publishes in any form, whether written or otherwise, any message, rumour, report or statement : which is false in any material particular or which brings or is calculated to bring the Federal Military Government or the Government of a state or public officer to ridicule or disrepute, shall be guilty of an offense under this Decree".The law further stated that offending journalists and publishers will be tried by an open military tribunal, whose ruling would be final and unappealable in any court and those found guilty would be eligible for a fine not less than 10,000 naira and a jail sentence of up to two years.
Re: BREAKING: Aisha Buhari deactivates her Twitter Account [PHOTO] by Nigeriadondie1: 3:17am On Jun 05, 2021
Bleep you mama Aisha. Who cares
Re: BREAKING: Aisha Buhari deactivates her Twitter Account [PHOTO] by youngblaq: 3:23am On Jun 05, 2021
When is Buhari, Osinbajo, and the remaining APC scumbags deactivate theirs. Nonsense.
Re: BREAKING: Aisha Buhari deactivates her Twitter Account [PHOTO] by Owerri1stSon: 4:20am On Jun 05, 2021
Let her deactivate her life if she likes, no one cares
Re: BREAKING: Aisha Buhari deactivates her Twitter Account [PHOTO] by RZArecta(m): 4:26am On Jun 05, 2021
Unlike Maryam Babangida, Maryam Abacha, Turai Yar'Adua and Patience Jonathan, Aisha Buhari is of absolutely no use to the average Nigerian (except maybe some northerners) so she won't be missed at all. She might as well go bungee jumping in her abaya without underwear and it wouldn't trend. I wish her good luck in her future endeavours cool
Re: BREAKING: Aisha Buhari deactivates her Twitter Account [PHOTO] by Salliet(m): 4:28am On Jun 05, 2021
Let them be deactivating.

They have forgotten that very soon they will remember to go for medical vacation...
Re: BREAKING: Aisha Buhari deactivates her Twitter Account [PHOTO] by triple996(m): 4:57am On Jun 05, 2021
It seems this Twitter ban de pain ipob miscreants wooo grin.
Dem say federal government no fit ban Twitter gbam!!!! Twitter is not accessible now, Dem don de wail. Y dis people like to de lose back to back like diz
Re: BREAKING: Aisha Buhari deactivates her Twitter Account [PHOTO] by Mynd44: 6:11am On Jun 05, 2021

(1)

What Lord Frederick Lugard Had To Say About Hausa, Yoruba & Igbo ... / 1915 Plan Showing Map Of Port Harcourt / Osinbajo: The Cowardice Of A Traitor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.