Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,990 members, 7,799,402 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban (27792 Views)

We’ve Licensed Telcos To Provide NIN - NIMC / Buhari To Effect Nigerian Governors’ Lockdown Decision Monday - Daily Post / Isa Pantami Asks Telcos To Slash Data Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban by Classicalman(m): 8:48am On Jun 05, 2021
CilicMarin:
The corporate entity, Nigeria is bigger than Twitter platform. If Jack doesn't want to play by the rules, we also don't need him. Providing avenue for Terrorists to destroy Nigeria is a red line..and they have crossed it..

Twitter must respect the sovereign integrity of nations wherein they operate.

If a government had designated a group as a terrorist group, Twitter has no justification to allow such groups to propagate their rhetoric via their platform.

#I Support Nigeria
Better SHUT UP instead of vomiting nonsense

2 Likes

Re: NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban by blacknoir: 8:48am On Jun 05, 2021
CilicMarin:
The corporate entity, Nigeria is bigger than Twitter platform. If Jack doesn't want to play by the rules, we also don't need him. Providing avenue for Terrorists to destroy Nigeria is a red line..and they have crossed it..

If a government had designated a group as a terrorist group, Twitter has no justification to allow such groups to propagate their rhetoric via their platform.

#I Support Nigeria

U do realize that the government banned them because its one of the means Nigerians have been expressing their frustration. This includes
End SAS
Pantami must resign
Etc
And ever since Ghana became the center 4 twitter in Africa it pained them a lot. I am totally in support of twitter deleting the presidents msg he is not above the law,u can't go abt threatening genocide. Even trump was banned from twitter so who the hell is buhari . they want all the media to be like nta

2 Likes

Re: NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban by RMoneyInTheBank: 8:48am On Jun 05, 2021
I am beginning to love this twitter ban... Now the western part of Nigeria is concerned just because buhari banned twitter, but they keep mute when human lives were taken recklessly just because those killed are not yorubas , like I always say, it will get to everyone .... Hahahahahahaha....

For example, just because you are a pastor... You kept quiet during the innocent killing of the imam, ...just know that one day, it will be your turn and the imam will not only careless, but will also rejoice

I have changed my mind and now support the twitter ban... The west can cry me a river
Re: NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban by Nobody: 8:49am On Jun 05, 2021
humilitypays:
How Yorubas are happy watching as Fulanis destroy Nigeria just because they want Fulani to hand over power to Tinubu is really shocking and deserves a special study.

Yoruba people una well done oh.

Igbos will be vindicated very soon. The world is watching and hearing Igbos scream to high heavens while Yorubas laugh and paddy with demonic Fulanis with evil agenda against the rest of Nigerians.

As for Niger Delta, una own de surprise me. Because of your crude oil, Northern Oligarch formed Bandits they use to arrange shabby kidnaps of school children to get free billions from government which comes mostly from crude oil revenue allocation.

It baffles me how every other tribe have remained subdued in Nigeria, except Igbos which is what is infuriating these Fulani criminals in power .

How can uneducated, inexperienced, backward thinking, religious extremists, vindictive and civilisation and development hating Hausa-Fulanis be controlling the rest of enlightened Nigerians and pushing great Nigerian destinies backward and the rest of Nigerians remain silent out of either fear, cowardice or political foolishness they think would make these Fulani terrorists hand over power to them is baffling angry

The only thing you didn't mention was democracy!

It's a world of alliance for gains. Shared gains.

A game of winner takes it all.. Don't. Lame the winners if you on the losing side. It's called democracy!
Re: NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban by SmartPolician: 8:49am On Jun 05, 2021
SultanOfPuna:
What buhari does not understand is that HE HAS SHOT HIMSELF IN THE FOOT
Let me explain
Twitter respect and value Nigerian users because we are the only country in Africa with the highest TRAFFIC.
Up to 13 million users generate millions of traffic for Twitter per day from Nigeria Only

Now that buhari ban Twitter, this is how he messed up big time
[b]1. Nigerians now use VPN majority of this VPN have U.S.A as default country

2. The heavy traffic generated by Nigerians on Twitter will now be shifted towards U.S A Twitter
Our hashtags will now be trending on U.S.A Twitter
3. The WHOLE WORLD will see our hashtags and trending topics
Buharis matter will cast WORLDWIDE

This is a blessing in disguise
Nigerians are using VPN with different states in U.S.A this has channelled that our heavy traffic into U.S.A Twitter front page.

So Any American that wakes up and check Twitter will see hashtags like
#Buhariisadictator
#TwitterbaninNigeria
#Endsars
[/b]

Well, the emboldened is not exactly correct. Many VPN providers have servers across the lengths and breadths of the world.

It doesn't necessarily have to be the United States. It is the server a user connected Twitter from that becomes his or her location.

People who understand how VPNs work will have to try out the fastest server and will connect from it.
Re: NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban by unite4real: 8:49am On Jun 05, 2021
SultanOfPuna:
Let me explain
Twitter respect and value Nigerian users because we are the only country in Africa with the highest TRAFFIC.
Up to 13 million users generate millions of traffic for Twitter per day from Nigeria Only

1. Nigerians now use VPN majority of this VPN have U.S.A as default country
2. The heavy traffic generated by Nigerians on Twitter will now be shifted towards U.S A Twitter

Nigerians are using VPN with different states in U.S.A this has channelled that our heavy traffic into U.S.A Twitter front page.

#Buhariisadictator
#TwitterbaninNigeria
#Endsars

It's easy how you have concluded that 13 million users will use VPN. I can assure you that less than 10% will bother to use VPN. I will particularly not use it.

2 Likes

Re: NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban by obembet(f): 8:49am On Jun 05, 2021
humilitypays:
How Yorubas are happy watching as Fulanis destroy Nigeria just because they want Fulani to hand over power to Tinubu is really shocking and deserves a special study.

Igbos will be vindicated very soon. The world is watching and hearing Igbos scream to high heavens while Yorubas laugh and paddy with demonic Fulanis with evil agenda against the rest of Nigerians.

As for Niger Delta, una own de surprise me. Because of your crude oil, Northern Oligarch formed Bandits they use to arrange shabby kidnaps of school children to get free billions from government which comes mostly from crude oil revenue allocation.

It baffles me how every other tribe have remained subdued in Nigeria, except Igbos which is what is infuriating these Fulani criminals in power .

How can uneducated, inexperienced, backward thinking, religious extremists, vindictive and civilisation and development hating Hausa-Fulanis be controlling the rest of enlightened Nigerians and pushing great Nigerian destinies backward and the rest of Nigerians remain silent out of either fear, cowardice or political foolishness they think would make these Fulani terrorists hand over power to them is baffling angry

You are a fool

3 Likes

Re: NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban by joyandfaith: 8:50am On Jun 05, 2021
CilicMarin:

If Twitter has the right to remove/block anybody out of their platform for breaking their 'rules' , countries too have the same right to ban or suspend Twitter operations in their countries as well.

#I Support Nigeria

But you were jubilating when Twitter ban trump. Is that not hypocrisy?

2 Likes

Re: NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban by oluwasegun007(m): 8:50am On Jun 05, 2021
He just started a fight he cant win...
Re: NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban by Nobody: 8:50am On Jun 05, 2021
CilicMarin:

If Twitter has the right to remove/block anybody out of their platform for breaking their 'rules' , countries too have the same right to boot Twitter out.

#I Support Nigeria
No, it's the other way around. Twitter is big tech and it's bigger than Nigerian government. Less than 5 hours after the ban everyone now uses a vpn and Twitter is lit again. Facebook has deleted the same post so let Buhari go and shut down Facebook. Nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban by LockDown69(m): 8:50am On Jun 05, 2021
When Nairaland is worst than twitter grin

1 Like

Re: NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban by Nobody: 8:50am On Jun 05, 2021
HONOR1:
Youtube
Tweeter
Playstore

All gone
YouTube? No oo. Wetin youtube do?

1 Like

Re: NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban by MondayOsunbor(m): 8:50am On Jun 05, 2021
Re: NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban by joyandfaith: 8:51am On Jun 05, 2021
unite4real:

It's easy how you have concluded that 13 million users will use VPN. I can assure you that less than 10% will bother to use VPN. I will particularly not use it.
See twitter this morning

1 Like

Re: NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban by ZUBY77(m): 8:51am On Jun 05, 2021
Bloody dictators. It remains a year +

1 Like

Re: NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban by Dechymmytv(f): 8:51am On Jun 05, 2021
CilicMarin:
[s]The corporate entity, Nigeria is bigger than Twitter platform. If Jack doesn't want to play by the rules, we also don't need him. Providing avenue for Terrorists to destroy Nigeria is a red line..and they have crossed it..

If Twitter has the right to remove/block anybody out of their platform for breaking their 'rules' , countries too have the same right to ban or suspend Twitter operations in their countries as well for aiding or abetting Terrorists.

#I Support Nigeria[/s]
no "terrorist group" asked bubu to tweet what he tweeted, don't blame any "terrorist group" here
Re: NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban by Prettylima(f): 8:52am On Jun 05, 2021
SultanOfPuna:
Let me explain

#Buhariisadictator
#TwitterbaninNigeria
#Endsars
And how will that affect bubu?

2 Likes

Re: NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban by MondayOsunbor(m): 8:53am On Jun 05, 2021
raymondhillmimi:
No, it's the other way around. Twitter is big tech and it's bigger than Nigerian government. Less than 5 hours after the ban everyone now uses a vpn and Twitter is lit again. Facebook has deleted the same post so let Buhari go and shut down Facebook. Nonsense.

are we back in the dark of Abacha

anyone who lived thorough abacha junta will recognize these sentences
Re: NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban by doffman: 8:53am On Jun 05, 2021
humilitypays:

Hey, leak your own wound , stop blaming other tribes for your own fault .

You Igbo started the hated speech; you call almost every tribes with derogatory names ; you spread hatred among your folks to hated one Nigeria .

Go to Kanu social handles see how he spreads hatred among you people .

It is your right to seek for your own Country but use common sense to achieve it not through bloodshed and hatred .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban by Twoplus45: 8:53am On Jun 05, 2021
Lolzz
Just use VPN ooh
Re: NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban by Nobody: 8:53am On Jun 05, 2021
doffman:

They will come for VPN during second phase .
Impossible, if you turn on your vpn you are a ghost. They can't see what you're doing!
Re: NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban by nwanyiugbo122(f): 8:54am On Jun 05, 2021
Please what did Buhari say that made them delete his tweet? I want to know
Re: NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban by Elock1: 8:54am On Jun 05, 2021
humilitypays:

na if them go gree hear, how people decide to play politics with the obvious in Nigeria is a puzzle.. True true Satan siddon unto naija head

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban by Senatorbng(m): 8:55am On Jun 05, 2021
Some smart Nigerians will see this as an opportunity to create a Twitter alternative. Good business. We must not always rely on foreign stuffs.

2 Likes

Re: NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban by AerialMapper: 8:55am On Jun 05, 2021
Abeg how does Buhari and Presidency want to talk to us . He has been using Twitter to update us.

As they’ve banned Twitter, all Buharists are in a dilemma and their hypocrisy will be exposed. Will they stop using Twitter in solidarity with their god or will they continue tweeting?
Re: NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban by zeyt: 8:55am On Jun 05, 2021
Good development. Twitter clearly portraying Nigerian Government as evil and supporting IPOB despite their heinous atrocities against the government. Biafara independence shouldn't be by violence it can be achieved peaceably. Though most of the agitators are criminals with serious criminal records. Couldn't find a means of livelyhood through legitimate means. With no option they are hell bent on bringing mayhem in the south East. I believe they close to turning their region into war zone.

1 Like

Re: NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban by uBuNiT: 8:56am On Jun 05, 2021
Tuwita no get respect for our THEIR president. We must ban them in the whole africa.

In shot, we ban microsoft
Re: NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban by CocoaOla: 8:56am On Jun 05, 2021
Amazon, Twitter, Global Vaccine Alliance, Volkswagen, Toyota, Nissan, shunned Nigeria. They took their investments to Ghana & South Africa

Banning Twitter in Nigeria also sent a strong message to Silicon Valley, Nigeria is a hostile environment. “Ease Of Doing Business” defeated

Trump's was totally suspended from Twitter because Of violation of human rights USA did not barn Twitter

Nigerian are foolish

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban by naylor(f): 8:56am On Jun 05, 2021
CilicMarin:

If Twitter has the right to remove/block anybody out of their platform for breaking their 'rules' , countries too have the same right to ban or suspend Twitter operations in their countries as well for aiding or abetting Terrorists.

#I Support Nigeria
You just typed rubbish

1 Like

Re: NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban by GentleRay: 8:56am On Jun 05, 2021
Nigeria is bigger than twitter. If you like use VPN. Many countries across the globe are sceptic about twitter influence. Enemy of our National Sovereign. They can't try that in China. What stop us from having our own social platform? Hypocrite everywhere.[Quote author=SultanOfPuna post=102392184]What buhari does not understand is that
HE HAS SHOT HIMSELF IN THE FOOT
Let me explain

Buhari's matter will cast WORLDWIDE

Nigerians are using VPN with different states in the U.S.A this has channeled that our heavy traffic into U.S.A Twitter front page.

So Any American that wakes up and checks Twitter will see hashtags like
#Buhariisadictator
#TwitterbaninNigeria
#Endsars

To make it worse, Nigerians will use VPN of German country. With our heavy traffic our hashtags will be trending in Germany..lmao
Buhari's Fuckups will not only trend in Nigeria but it will trend WORLDWIDE
[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: NCC Orders Telcos To Effect Twitter Ban by Nobody: 8:57am On Jun 05, 2021
MondayOsunbor:

are we back in the dark of Abacha

anyone who lived thorough abacha junta will recognize these sentences
They don't operate in Nigeria, nether do they have any physical presence in Nigeria. Nigerians are the people who chose to use Twitter not the other way around. Besides the ban isn't effective as twitter ng is very much alive.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

EFCC Releases Saraki / Adams Oshiomhole Exposes How SS Governors Got Billions In "Trapped Funds" / Saraki Declares Intention To Run For Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.