Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,066 members, 7,807,197 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:57 AM

I Fully Support The Twitter Ban - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Fully Support The Twitter Ban (919 Views)

The Twitter User Traveling To Kano For Obi/kwankwaso Ticket Is Now In Kano (vid) / List Of Politicians And Media Organizations That Defied The Twitter Ban / Bola Tinubu's Statement On The Lifting Of The Twitter Ban (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Fully Support The Twitter Ban by naijapips02: 8:41am On Jun 05, 2021
I fully support the actions of the Nigerian government to ban Twitter.

This is by no means a ban on free speech. Infact in recent times, Twitter has been the platform against free speech. Twitter remove opinions they don't like. Their judgement is heavily biased. Conservative ideas are suppressed and liberalism and anarchy is supported in all forms. Twitter gives voice to terrorists and suppress governments against these terrorists.

If Twitter has the right to boot anybody out of their platform for breaking their 'rules' , countries too have the same right to boot Twitter out.

There are many platforms you can use for your free speech. Twitter is not the only public opinion platform on the web. Try Gab. Big tech has become so dangerous and opinionated that they need to be put in check...and fast.

9 Likes

Re: I Fully Support The Twitter Ban by mekaboy(m): 8:45am On Jun 05, 2021
A herdsman's view. Do you also support rewarding terrorists that killed Nigerian citizens and Nigerian soldiers?

1 Like

Re: I Fully Support The Twitter Ban by naijapips02: 8:46am On Jun 05, 2021
mekaboy:
A herdsman's view. Do you also support rewarding terrorists that killed Nigerian citizens and Nigerian soldiers?

Ikpu mmadu. We are talking about Twitter here. You either have something relevant to contribute or you GTFO.

3 Likes

Re: I Fully Support The Twitter Ban by Explicit02: 8:47am On Jun 05, 2021
The honest truth is Nigerian government can ban twitter if the legislative (masses spokesperson) deem it fit to ban...not just over the night without due process...

Twitter has the right to remove or ban if u violates its rules and regulations so also the nation can do vice versa....

If a government had designated a group as a terrorist group, Twitter has no justification to allow such groups to propagate their rhetoric via their platform.

If you use America as a case study here u re totally wrong twitter has a full right license to operate in America so far it didn't break America's law so also anyone in America must not break twitter law... Even if jack twits send a wrong signal the message will be removed.

We all know if u write what nairaland mods see as against its rules u will be suspended (ask Nwamaiipke)

Nigeria should follow due process that's my own opinion

U cants use Facebook in China....
And no one crucify China for that

1 Like

Re: I Fully Support The Twitter Ban by madridguy(m): 8:48am On Jun 05, 2021
Ride on @ OP. We Nigerians are solidly behind Sai Baba.

1 Like

Re: I Fully Support The Twitter Ban by Nobody: 8:48am On Jun 05, 2021
mekaboy:

ah ah , mekaboy is against the ban ?? 8th wonder of the world grin grin

Boko Haram miscreant

1 Like

Re: I Fully Support The Twitter Ban by Joromi1: 8:48am On Jun 05, 2021
Op, let me see your forehead. I want to confirm something. All those who support the Twitter ban has a black mark on their foreheads. Let's confirm yours.

1 Like

Re: I Fully Support The Twitter Ban by naijapips02: 8:52am On Jun 05, 2021
Joromi1:
Op, let me see your forehead. I want to confirm something. All those who support the Twitter ban has a black mark on their foreheads. Let's confirm yours.

Onye apali. A bum ezigbo nwa Afor. Twitter deplatformed trump this year because they don't like him or his opinions. Twitter has deplatformed many conservative voices. This actually goes beyond your local Nigerian politics.

I'm surprised Christians are up in arms supporting Twitter.

1 Like

Re: I Fully Support The Twitter Ban by SportsHD: 9:06am On Jun 05, 2021
naijapips02:

This is by no means a ban on free speech. Infact in recent times, Twitter has been the platform against free speech. Twitter remove opinions they don't like. Their judgement is heavily biased. Conservative ideas are suppressed and liberalism and anarchy is supported in all forms. Twitter gives voice to terrorists and suppress governments against these terrorists.

If Twitter has the right to boot anybody out of their platform for breaking their 'rules' , countries too have the same right to boot Twitter out.

There are many platforms you can use for your free speech. Twitter is not the only public opinion platform on the web. Try Gab. Big tech has become so dangerous and opinionated that they need to be put in check...and fast.
But did they really ban Twitter? I mean, the Nigerian traffic to Twitter is twice as at this morning. So, I don't get why you're masturbating on ban that's not effective.
Ban or not, were still using Twitter. You can go an kill yourself now grin
Re: I Fully Support The Twitter Ban by naijapips02: 9:15am On Jun 05, 2021
SportsHD:

But did they really ban Twitter? I mean, the Nigerian traffic to Twitter is twice as at this morning. So, I don't get why you're masturbating on ban that's not effective.
Ban or not, were still using Twitter. You can go an kill yourself now grin

NCC just issuers the directive to Telcos. Wait fess till the ban is fully implemented.
How many people do you think can use VPN? Baba Twitter go feel am.

2 Likes

Re: I Fully Support The Twitter Ban by mekaboy(m): 9:17am On Jun 05, 2021
naijapips02:

Ikpu mmadu. We are talking about Twitter here. You either have something relevant to contribute or you GTFO.

Banning of twitter is a reflection of the extremist ideology of the president.
Re: I Fully Support The Twitter Ban by Joromi1: 9:17am On Jun 05, 2021
naijapips02:

Onye apali. A bum ezigbo nwa Afor. Twitter deplatformed trump this year because they don't like him or his opinions. Twitter has deplatformed many conservative voices. This actually goes beyond your local Nigerian politics.

I'm surprised Christians are up in arms supporting Twitter.
I don't understand your language but that doesn't change anything.
Re: I Fully Support The Twitter Ban by meobizy(f): 10:02am On Jun 05, 2021
I support it too. I just don't support why it happened. It means Buhari can wake up one day and sell the country into slavery. I thought only females were emotional entities.
Re: I Fully Support The Twitter Ban by mrvitalis(m): 10:07am On Jun 05, 2021
naijapips02:

Did Twitter not give you terms and conditions when signing up ? Why didn't the government just leave Twitter ?

Twitter has its rules leave Twitter create your own app ..what's hard in that
Re: I Fully Support The Twitter Ban by mekaboy(m): 10:17am On Jun 05, 2021
Did twitter ban the sales or alcohol in northern Nigeria?
Re: I Fully Support The Twitter Ban by naijapips02: 10:24am On Jun 05, 2021
mrvitalis:

Did Twitter not give you terms and conditions when signing up ? Why didn't the government just leave Twitter ?

Twitter has its rules leave Twitter create your own app ..what's hard in that

Same with Nigeria. So Twitter should GTFO.

1 Like

Re: I Fully Support The Twitter Ban by Explicit02: 10:59am On Jun 05, 2021
The corporate entity, Nigeria is bigger than Twitter platform. If Jack doesn't want to play by the rules, we also don't need him. Providing avenue for Terrorists to destroy Nigeria is a red line..and they have crossed it..

Twitter as a form of social media, should not be an agent for destabilization but a tool for deepening democracy and promoting good governance in Nigeria and Africa as a whole..

Twitter must respect the sovereign integrity of nations wherein they operate.

If a government had designated a group as a terrorist group, Twitter has no justification to allow such groups to propagate their rhetoric via their platform.

If Twitter has the right to remove/block anybody out of their platform for breaking their 'rules' , countries too have the same right to ban or suspend Twitter operations in their countries as well for aiding or abetting Terrorists.

Copied
Re: I Fully Support The Twitter Ban by kponkedenge(m): 11:00am On Jun 05, 2021
The OP is an idiot and wrote this for attention... You don't even know that what your government is doing is gagging free speech.... But you're complaining about a private company enforcing its policy on their own site.

If you don't like twitter then deactivate your account and leave.... Not blocking all Nigerians from using it.

You're just regurgitating rubbish from far right sites about how they are gagging conservative voices and leaving liberals.... You are a sheep and not so bright at all... I suggest you wake up.
Re: I Fully Support The Twitter Ban by WorldRichest: 11:01am On Jun 05, 2021
Another miscreant in the loose
Re: I Fully Support The Twitter Ban by mrvitalis(m): 11:16am On Jun 05, 2021
naijapips02:

Same with Nigeria. So Twitter should GTFO.
We Nigerians want to access Twitter ...Twitter is not in Nigeria it's global ...oh u wouldn't even get
Re: I Fully Support The Twitter Ban by naijapips02: 12:33pm On Jun 05, 2021
kponkedenge:
The OP is an idiot and wrote this for attention... You don't even know that what your government is doing is gagging free speech.... But you're complaining about a private company enforcing its policy on their own site.

If you don't like twitter then deactivate your account and leave.... Not blocking all Nigerians from using it.

You're just regurgitating rubbish from far right sites about how they are gagging conservative voices and leaving liberals.... You are a sheep and not so bright at all... I suggest you wake up.

Idiot Twitter is not the only public opinion platform. Banning Twitter doesn't equal banning free speech. Go and open account on the other platforms.

Twitter is a private site, Nigeria is a sovereign entity. Our both rules must be respected.
Re: I Fully Support The Twitter Ban by mekaboy(m): 12:34pm On Jun 05, 2021
naijapips02:

Idiot Twitter is not the only public opinion platform. Banning Twitter doesn't equal banning free speech. Go and open account on the other platforms.

Twitter is a private site, Nigeria is a sovereign entity. Our both rules must be respected.

If you off the microphone you want to reduce the reach of the voice.
Re: I Fully Support The Twitter Ban by naijapips02: 1:04pm On Jun 05, 2021
mekaboy:

If you off the microphone you want to reduce the reach of the voice.

By all means speak.
Re: I Fully Support The Twitter Ban by kponkedenge(m): 2:01pm On Jun 05, 2021
naijapips02:

Ode.... So if twitter isn't the only platform, why didn't your president deactivate his account and go to other platforms, why blocking it for millions of Nigerians.

You are defending nonsense cos you're not smart.

(1) (Reply)

Response By Presidency To The Statement Made By Bishop Kukah Before US Congress / IPOB Said Sit- At- Home But Imo State Residents Turned It To Lockdown - Deji / Save Me From Prostitution Or I Infest Men With HIV– Woman Writes To Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.