Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

Let's Be Sincere. "Can You Marry A Woman Like Your Mother?" - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Let's Be Sincere. "Can You Marry A Woman Like Your Mother?" (41766 Views)

May I Not Marry A Woman Like My Mum / Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? / If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Be Sincere. "Can You Marry A Woman Like Your Mother?" by IYANGBALI: 10:48pm On Jun 07, 2021
Over and over and over and over again
Re: Let's Be Sincere. "Can You Marry A Woman Like Your Mother?" by lamalang(m): 10:48pm On Jun 07, 2021
Yes of course, and I will the luckiest man
Re: Let's Be Sincere. "Can You Marry A Woman Like Your Mother?" by IYANGBALI: 10:50pm On Jun 07, 2021
Bola146:

@ mariahAngel, God bless you real good kiss kiss, ima or whatever he/her name should use her/his senses well before commenting, you can't just be writing rubbish grin grin
always looking for trouble, no wonder your husband run leave you with 8 children

5 Likes

Re: Let's Be Sincere. "Can You Marry A Woman Like Your Mother?" by ImaIma1(f): 10:50pm On Jun 07, 2021
ivolt:

Those "our mothers" crew have been exposed.
Any little discussion, they refer to "our mothers" to silence others.

You sef see am.

1 Like

Re: Let's Be Sincere. "Can You Marry A Woman Like Your Mother?" by RexTramadol1: 10:51pm On Jun 07, 2021
Not necessarily
Re: Let's Be Sincere. "Can You Marry A Woman Like Your Mother?" by CavemanDefuturo: 10:51pm On Jun 07, 2021
Nope

She's loving and caring in her own way, super classy kiss...but very manipulative and if she doesn't have her way, as queen bee..she'll sting you to death.

But I love mum, either way but not marrying her kind

9 Likes

Re: Let's Be Sincere. "Can You Marry A Woman Like Your Mother?" by medropoly(m): 10:52pm On Jun 07, 2021
Bmaster:
op.

Hope you never show your mama say you no like am,before she swear for you?

All you listed above is a normal way of life for mothers.
Is all part of the trainings they dish out to their kids,Las Las all na to make you wise.

It doesn't call for alarm at all at all grin

I really love my mum oh. But I can't marry a woman like her

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Be Sincere. "Can You Marry A Woman Like Your Mother?" by Mckhala80(m): 10:52pm On Jun 07, 2021
I'll happily marry a woman of my mum's kind but unfortunately , her kind is hard to come by. Love you mum , rest on....

2 Likes

Re: Let's Be Sincere. "Can You Marry A Woman Like Your Mother?" by obochima: 10:53pm On Jun 07, 2021
medropoly:
This question is for the honest and sincere minded people.
Can you marry a woman like your mother?

Let me start with myself.
"My mother is really a nice and caring woman, (mostly to us her children) but to her husband (my dad) the relationship there is really not cool. To some extent, I can't because she dose allot of things that really annoys me as her child not to talk of her husband".

So what about you?
Not all mothers are good mothers.

1 Like

Re: Let's Be Sincere. "Can You Marry A Woman Like Your Mother?" by Bola146(f): 10:54pm On Jun 07, 2021
ceede2:
Bola 146 did you check the rule 5.
I don't want you to end up changing your moniker that's why I'm resounding it.

cheesy cheesy grin you need help asap seriously before it's too late pele.... is your or my moniker now #500 to £1 cool cool

See my people laughing on mails grin grin, seriously I need to reply all those multiple kids and mumu ranting here who doesn't face front cool cool
Re: Let's Be Sincere. "Can You Marry A Woman Like Your Mother?" by Dbboy(m): 10:54pm On Jun 07, 2021
No

1 Like

Re: Let's Be Sincere. "Can You Marry A Woman Like Your Mother?" by alexola20(m): 10:55pm On Jun 07, 2021
NEVER,NEVER and NEVER.AMEN!!!

1 Like

Re: Let's Be Sincere. "Can You Marry A Woman Like Your Mother?" by Martinez39s(m): 10:56pm On Jun 07, 2021
Carchoice:
Most people will tell you yes, but ask their father, he’ll say No.

The relationship between a mother and her children is different from the relationship between a mother and her husband.
You deserve a cold beer and a Ferrari.

3 Likes

Re: Let's Be Sincere. "Can You Marry A Woman Like Your Mother?" by jaxxy(m): 10:57pm On Jun 07, 2021
ImaIma1:

I am shocked at the comments here o. I thought all NL guy's mothers were the perfect role model wife material.

I'm shocked also oo, the wives many of them dont love or respect bt they all still prefer their mum to their wives ironically. Its quite twisted and abit confusing. I guess mothers love is different.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Be Sincere. "Can You Marry A Woman Like Your Mother?" by Olisehinnocent: 10:57pm On Jun 07, 2021
My mum is a No, No for me. She has hot temper, as her only son you will be surprise that she hardly assist me financially. I remember when I was serving and I used my allowee to buy some clothes I usually carry to offices to sell but unfortunately for me there was lock down after few days I bought the clothes. I was able to sustain myself for some weeks before all my money finish. Omo I hear am o. She gave me 200 naira for both morning and afternoon food for like two days and later warn me not to ask her for any money again. I begged her to buy some clothes from me since she's selling clothes too, that am willing to sell at cost price but she refused. The next day was terrible, I did not eat anything till 5 o'clock in the evening. It was terrible but let me stop here. My uncle later help me out and today my business is booming. I have forgiven her sha. Life moves on....

21 Likes

Re: Let's Be Sincere. "Can You Marry A Woman Like Your Mother?" by MyexamsHUB: 10:57pm On Jun 07, 2021
Absolutely
Re: Let's Be Sincere. "Can You Marry A Woman Like Your Mother?" by lokho(m): 10:57pm On Jun 07, 2021
God forbid... I'll nearly kill the wife.

My mom can be very annoying most times and not reserved.

6 Likes

Re: Let's Be Sincere. "Can You Marry A Woman Like Your Mother?" by Mason360(m): 10:58pm On Jun 07, 2021
Ayo2004:
If I see any woman that resembles my mother small,i will run....

I love her but she is too religious,controlling,hard to please,fond of emotional blackmail,hard to live with,doesn't know how to talk without insults,she even sees telling her about her mistakes as disrespect and fond of misdirecting anger when things do not go her way,her anger issues worse pass anything for this life
Even my papa japa!
Anyways,she is my mother so it is what it is
Funny enough,these are all traits of many Nigerian women

Bro why does your situation resonate so much with mine. Are you me? Or are me you? undecided

5 Likes

Re: Let's Be Sincere. "Can You Marry A Woman Like Your Mother?" by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jun 07, 2021
Nope, cos I dont wanna cheat on a woman like my mom.

Cos cheating is my hobby grin

5 Likes

Re: Let's Be Sincere. "Can You Marry A Woman Like Your Mother?" by sharpshap(m): 10:59pm On Jun 07, 2021
More than a million times
medropoly:

"My mother is really a nice and caring woman, (mostly to us her children) but to her husband (my dad) the relationship there is really not cool. To some extent, I can't because she dose allot of things that really annoys me as her child not to talk of her husband".

So what about you?
Re: Let's Be Sincere. "Can You Marry A Woman Like Your Mother?" by madridsta007(m): 11:00pm On Jun 07, 2021
medropoly:

So what about you?

100%

2 Likes

Re: Let's Be Sincere. "Can You Marry A Woman Like Your Mother?" by HardestyAugust: 11:01pm On Jun 07, 2021
Perfect...in fact. I want a woman like my mum

1 Like

Re: Let's Be Sincere. "Can You Marry A Woman Like Your Mother?" by magictonic(m): 11:01pm On Jun 07, 2021
Yes
Re: Let's Be Sincere. "Can You Marry A Woman Like Your Mother?" by RALPHOW(m): 11:02pm On Jun 07, 2021
100% Yes hardworking woman.
A widow at 42 that leaves for another 43yeears taking good care of her children, till all became graduates.
Re: Let's Be Sincere. "Can You Marry A Woman Like Your Mother?" by 8stargeneral: 11:02pm On Jun 07, 2021
Yes
Re: Let's Be Sincere. "Can You Marry A Woman Like Your Mother?" by Kriss216: 11:03pm On Jun 07, 2021
mariahAngel:

Please pardon Bola146.... she's usually not like that.
Some mean guys came so hard on her the other day because of her comment without knowing her story.

@Bola, Ima means well o... she's one of the very few good ones on this damn platform. cheesy
Glad you know we have few good girls here.
Re: Let's Be Sincere. "Can You Marry A Woman Like Your Mother?" by OpinionCounts(m): 11:05pm On Jun 07, 2021
ImaIma1:

If the knowledge of their imperfection is known, why do the sons take everything they say hook line and sinker especially as regards their choices of life partners, especially when it is apparent that are not perfect and are not beyond making mistakes.

Experience. The adage, what an elder sees sitting down, a kid cannot see even after climbing an iroko tree.
They know they gave their husbands problems. They are also more experienced to spot their type of person in a lady, so they do everything to avoid their sons falling into the hands of their type of woman that will trouble him too.
Someone does not have to be perfect to give a perfect advice.
I had a certain cult friend back in my days in the university. He was 3years ahead of me. I was just a fresher. He kept advising me on the kind of friends to keep, the things to look out for to avoid falling into trouble with cultists, the areas in the school premises I should never go to to hangout at so so time, and how to spot a cultist and avoid too close association with the person to avoid mistaken identity or forced initiation etc.
I still owe him a lot of thanks today because though he was what the society will consider a bad guy, but his advice from superior experience helped me avoid making the mistakes he made.

So that's it.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Be Sincere. "Can You Marry A Woman Like Your Mother?" by Shaev7(m): 11:06pm On Jun 07, 2021
YES
Re: Let's Be Sincere. "Can You Marry A Woman Like Your Mother?" by AuroraB(f): 11:07pm On Jun 07, 2021
IJOBA11:
SO YOU ARE THE BACHELOR OF EDUCATION HOLDER embarassed
Hey godu cheesy sad grin

2 Likes

Re: Let's Be Sincere. "Can You Marry A Woman Like Your Mother?" by ceede2: 11:07pm On Jun 07, 2021
Bola146:

cheesy cheesy grin you need help asap seriously before it's too late pele.... is your or my moniker now #500 to £1 cool cool

See my people laughing on mails grin grin, seriously I need to reply all those multiple kids and mumu ranting here who doesn't face front cool cool

Your stupidity is too loud, infact, I might be exchanging words with my 3rd junior sis. The day you realize you have problem, you are half way heal

15 Likes

Re: Let's Be Sincere. "Can You Marry A Woman Like Your Mother?" by Offpoint1: 11:08pm On Jun 07, 2021
Bola146:
angry kiss 100% YES!!! She trained 2 PhD, Msc and 1 BEd by herself. She loving, caring, she forgives easily, she loves her privacy, she taught me giving is good no matter how rich or poor you are, she can greet from her house to only when she is tired. I hate her first but when I was growing up, I will continue to appreciate her whenever I remember all the lessons she taught us. She is just a good role model to me!
Are you Lesbian or the topic is too tough to comprehend?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Man Sexually Molested/harassed Shares Story Also Advises Parents (PHOTOS) / Where Is Your Wife? / How Do I Quit My Marriage Of 2 Years Without Hurting Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.