Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,686 members, 7,801,982 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:22 AM

Twitter Ban Difficult To Enforce In Nigeria, Say ICT Experts - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Twitter Ban Difficult To Enforce In Nigeria, Say ICT Experts (40956 Views)

Why Open Grazing Ban Maybe Difficult To Enforce In Southern Nigeria. / Lockdown: Governor Ugwuanyi Defies Night Rain To Enforce Curfew (Photos) / Border Closure Effective In South, Difficult To Enforce In North –ex-director (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter Ban Difficult To Enforce In Nigeria, Say ICT Experts by Superboss: 10:54am On Jun 05, 2021
SimplyFacts:
At least that would send some shivers down Twitter's spine.

An insult to the Presidency is an insult to me, a Nigerian.

I'm first a Nigerian before any other country.

You think Twitter will give a phuck about Nigeria and Buhari?
Na ppl lik u in Aso rock de deceive that mannequin called Buhari; telling him all is well when noting is working.
If Twitter really wanted to give phuck, they would ve sited their office in Nigeria instead of Ghana.
Nigeria is living on old glory.
This ban will open new opportunities for ppl and Twitter.
More ppl would want to go on twitter tru VPN.

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Ban Difficult To Enforce In Nigeria, Say ICT Experts by Germi9: 10:54am On Jun 05, 2021
InaNla:
Buhari media cows are gallivanting around the internet looking for justification for the DEGREE 4. cheesy

“ Twitter didn’t impose its rule on the spur of the moment. It has its own rules of engagements which anyone ready to access their services must adhere to. Twitter didn’t force the government to access its services and cannot expect preferential treatment from the social media platform. They (Twitter) made their rules and the federal government joined
voluntarily”

Did Buari even know how to access Twitter?
I bet you Buhari does not even know what is happening,maybe its today he will call Osibanjo and be like “what’s going on” why is everywhere so roudy?
Re: Twitter Ban Difficult To Enforce In Nigeria, Say ICT Experts by xelly: 10:54am On Jun 05, 2021
to and fro is the default setting of Nigeria.

Making rules without thinking of its consequences. That is how they chased all my Ghanaian customers only to revert when they found a new means. It use to be twice in a week, mile 2 to Ghana.

Shoprite is running, economy is crashing yet the government can't examine what they are doing.

Tell me if this is how to rule a country, G-d forbid Buhari.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Twitter Ban Difficult To Enforce In Nigeria, Say ICT Experts by dagoldenboi001: 10:55am On Jun 05, 2021
Rissamenti:

Shut up. You are only alive today because of Gowon's 'No Victor No Vanquished' policy which prevented federal troops from annihilating your people after you'd surrendered and your leader had fled.

So shut up and be humble.

Oh my God! Look at the humans living with us in the same country? I don't blame you, I blame Lord Luggard for aligning us with animals like you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Ban Difficult To Enforce In Nigeria, Say ICT Experts by GOOOGLE504(m): 10:55am On Jun 05, 2021
Coldshisha:
cool

Anyone with VPN access twitter

but

Jack Dorsey is about to loose some revenue from adverts targeted at Nigeria users

True because whether we like it or not. No Nigerian is on that app. Me I be Hollandia or is it dutch
Re: Twitter Ban Difficult To Enforce In Nigeria, Say ICT Experts by knowhowk: 10:55am On Jun 05, 2021
Vickym1:
I guess twitter thought of it b4 taking their office to Ghana if not that, by now govt hoodlums would have damaged twitter office.
. Really !
Re: Twitter Ban Difficult To Enforce In Nigeria, Say ICT Experts by HallaDaTruth: 10:55am On Jun 05, 2021
kingthreat:

Express your Biafla views on Biafla land dot com. grin grin grin
Not Funny tongue
Re: Twitter Ban Difficult To Enforce In Nigeria, Say ICT Experts by Coldshisha: 10:56am On Jun 05, 2021
GOOOGLE504:

True because whether we like it or not. No Nigerian is on that app. Me I be Hollandia or is it dutch

Na Florida I dey for my Ibadan house and Twitter dey go
Re: Twitter Ban Difficult To Enforce In Nigeria, Say ICT Experts by Superboss: 10:56am On Jun 05, 2021
morikee:
Can't access Twitter using MTN seff

Download VPN and u r good to go.
I ve been on it
Re: Twitter Ban Difficult To Enforce In Nigeria, Say ICT Experts by GOOOGLE504(m): 10:57am On Jun 05, 2021
Germi9:

I bet you Buhari does not even know what is happening,maybe its today he will call Osibanjo and be like “what’s going on” why is everywhere so roudy?

Na Garba and Lai dey rule Nigeria na. That one and his dead app lols

1 Like

Re: Twitter Ban Difficult To Enforce In Nigeria, Say ICT Experts by Nword22: 10:58am On Jun 05, 2021
Rissamenti:

Shut up. You are only alive today because of Gowon's 'No Victor No Vanquished' policy which prevented federal troops from annihilating your people after you'd surrendered and your leader had fled.

So shut up and be humble.

Who is this slave for life?? Your foolish federal government without the support of world powers then what can they do, annihilation?you are a fool because the war would have got your stinking family had your useless no victor wasn't declared..by the way who gave you federal unit, still an igbo man,you are too inferior to quote me.
Re: Twitter Ban Difficult To Enforce In Nigeria, Say ICT Experts by FemolasticA: 10:58am On Jun 05, 2021
Inyam loving this already, because the federal government their selves will get tired grin grin
Re: Twitter Ban Difficult To Enforce In Nigeria, Say ICT Experts by faceland: 11:00am On Jun 05, 2021
emkz:
Let those assessing Twitter be careful. The government can enforce a total ban on the internet in Nigeria for national security.

And there is nothing anyone would do about it. Having a right to internet or Twitter is not a constitutional right and is not a right that cannot be suspended in an emergency.

Please I have my misgivings about this administration, but I think Twitter went too far. I listened to President Buhari's speech and read the tweet, I think the issue was overflogged. And the Twitter ban is now being overflogged. Here is the tweet:

Let us look at that statement without blinkers. What exactly made Twitter delete it? Twitter wants to regulate governments, do you even know the implications of that? Who regulates Twitter?

I am not in support of this evil regime, but I support the ban. Someone told me that YouTube suspended TB Joshua because he healed a gay guy of his gayness and said he despised the act and not the man. Do you want to force me to accept what you accept? Is that not cultural misappropriation and a besmirching of my rights as a human being?

I pray other governments take the bull by the horns and regulate social media.

This looks like what that Femi spokes man would say. Supporting censorship because they reminded the president not to issues death threat to a minority group. He never addressed the killer headsman or terrorist with that zeal. You are on the wrong side of history.
Re: Twitter Ban Difficult To Enforce In Nigeria, Say ICT Experts by adelaja70(m): 11:00am On Jun 05, 2021
emkz:

You can pass your point without insults.

It is because of people like you that I support the ban. Many of you don't know how to use social media.

See, I have been in a country where Syrian refugees were passing. I see families begging daily just to eat. It was a pitiable sight. You people need to be tamed before you set your country on fire. If Nigeria starts a war, which country has the capacity to absorb us?

Try dey get sense.
Don't mind them.. They think war is a child's play.
Re: Twitter Ban Difficult To Enforce In Nigeria, Say ICT Experts by Nword22: 11:00am On Jun 05, 2021
kingthreat:

Oga no do make them ban Nairaland. Carry your propaganda elsewhere.

Shut up coward.
Re: Twitter Ban Difficult To Enforce In Nigeria, Say ICT Experts by MrJames007: 11:01am On Jun 05, 2021
dagoldenboi001:

You guys don't really understand do you? Do you know what implication this serve?

If this government can ban a means directed at the freedom of expression, this only shows that they have no regard for our rights to freedom. Hence we are skidding from a democratic government to a military rule.

Do you guys even know?
Important things are there to worry about... una dey cry for Twitter. Rubbish. angry
Re: Twitter Ban Difficult To Enforce In Nigeria, Say ICT Experts by saajus: 11:02am On Jun 05, 2021
If there's any spending at all, it should be on our ISP's and Telcos. But trust our leaders, they use all means to chop money.

joyandfaith:
Billions of naira would be spend to enforce the ban
Re: Twitter Ban Difficult To Enforce In Nigeria, Say ICT Experts by KushLyon(m): 11:02am On Jun 05, 2021
I logged out of Twitter last night in Nigeria and logged in this morning in New York, is God not wonderful? grin
Re: Twitter Ban Difficult To Enforce In Nigeria, Say ICT Experts by IMASTEX: 11:04am On Jun 05, 2021
SimplyFacts:

grin grin grin You obviously don't know their worth in the first place. Twitter is worth $50 billion. And your dear president is currently seeking another loan of $6 billion. Buhari & his immediate circle have made billions for themselves already while their immediate families are fully based abroad even as citizens. Though, they enjoy the proceed from their fathers even as youth they don't border themselves in Nigeria affairs. It is you who will have direct negative impact from bad government policies that is making noise probably because of #30k monthly subscription. Common sense didn't suggest to Buhari that not everyone uses Twitter for any political purpose other than business. The useless excuse is that MNK is Twitting hate and Twitter didn't remove it. Why didn't they ask those on #30k gang to massively report his page since he is now their major problem over BH. Donald Trump was removed, he simply created an alternative and mobilise his followers there.

Below is what a governor wrote, someone who have also made billions for himself.

“Statement by Governor Seyi Makinde Regarding the Suspension of Twitter’s Operations in Nigeria by the Federal Government

It has become imperative for me to release a statement regarding the suspension of Twitter’s operations in Nigeria by the Federal Government.

As leaders, we should go beyond emotional reactions to issues and think about how our actions will affect the people we lead and our international ratings socially and economically.

Twitter has become the platform for young people and indeed all Nigerians to exercise their fundamental right to express and publish an opinion. They use the platform to complain, argue and give feedback to government and its agencies who in turn, use these to improve policies.

This is a fundamental point that should be kept in mind as we debate the necessity of this suspension.

We should also remember that Twitter has gone beyond a source of communication for many of our hardworking youths in Nigeria. It has become a source of livelihood for many, irrespective of their political affiliations or religious leanings.

Nigerian youths and digital communications organisations earn a living from being able to use the platform to post communications on behalf of their clients.

Others who may not have physical stores also rely on Twitter to give visibility to their products and services.

Furthermore, I believe the Federal Government should be actively interested in how certain policies and action will affect investor confidence.

I, therefore, use this medium to appeal to the Federal Government to reverse this suspension for the greater good of Nigerians.”
Re: Twitter Ban Difficult To Enforce In Nigeria, Say ICT Experts by xelly: 11:05am On Jun 05, 2021
SimplyFacts:

Does twitter know he exist?

1 Like

Re: Twitter Ban Difficult To Enforce In Nigeria, Say ICT Experts by FBIBOT(m): 11:05am On Jun 05, 2021
olushina559:
Download Opera mini browser or Puffin browser and log-in to your Twitter account.

No loud am jare before telecos block the gateway.....

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Ban Difficult To Enforce In Nigeria, Say ICT Experts by FBIBOT(m): 11:06am On Jun 05, 2021
xelly:

Does twitter know he exist?

I think a Nigerian is behind this handle... You can feel the hatred and disgust grin
Re: Twitter Ban Difficult To Enforce In Nigeria, Say ICT Experts by faceland: 11:06am On Jun 05, 2021
Vickym1:
I guess twitter thought of it b4 taking their office to Ghana if not that, by now govt hoodlums would have damaged twitter office.

Even Black Americans, when they want to move back to Africa, they carry all their life savings and move to Ghana.
Re: Twitter Ban Difficult To Enforce In Nigeria, Say ICT Experts by emkz: 11:07am On Jun 05, 2021
faceland:

This looks like what that Femi spokes man would say. Supporting censorship because they reminded the president not to issues death threat to a minority group. He never addressed the killer headsman or terrorist with that zeal. You are on the wrong side of history.

Did he issue death threats? My brother, I read that tweet. I did not see where he issued death threats. Many people condemning the tweet and praising Twitter have not read the tweet.

Twitter just enter Nigeria, shit for our head and waka comot by censoring our President. You just gagged him. No one can do that to a sitting President. He'd be killed.

Re: Twitter Ban Difficult To Enforce In Nigeria, Say ICT Experts by moodyguy: 11:11am On Jun 05, 2021
dometome:
free VPN, but for Twitter only
wots the name of the vpn
Re: Twitter Ban Difficult To Enforce In Nigeria, Say ICT Experts by edoairways: 11:12am On Jun 05, 2021
emkz:
Let those assessing Twitter be careful. The government can enforce a total ban on the internet in Nigeria for national security.

And there is nothing anyone would do about it. Having a right to internet or Twitter is not a constitutional right and is not a right that cannot be suspended in an emergency.

Please I have my misgivings about this administration, but I think Twitter went too far. I listened to President Buhari's speech and read the tweet, I think the issue was overflogged. And the Twitter ban is now being overflogged. Here is the tweet:

Let us look at that statement without blinkers. What exactly made Twitter delete it? Twitter wants to regulate governments, do you even know the implications of that? Who regulates Twitter?

I am not in support of this evil regime, but I support the ban. Someone told me that YouTube suspended TB Joshua because he healed a gay guy of his gayness and said he despised the act and not the man. Do you want to force me to accept what you accept? Is that not cultural misappropriation and a besmirching of my rights as a human being?

I pray other governments take the bull by the horns and regulate social media.
It seems you are ignorant. TB Joshua's YouTube channel was banned because the gay community protested against one of his video clip. TB Joshua can afford to create a social app like Oyakhilome so nothing spoil. This government can not ban internet because it will affect them badly. Even the almighty China that restricted access to Facebook and YouTube still have it's citizens bypassing it.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Ban Difficult To Enforce In Nigeria, Say ICT Experts by xelly: 11:19am On Jun 05, 2021
FBIBOT:

I think a Nigerian is behind this handle... You can feel the hatred and disgust grin

You may be reading a new meaning but they passed a message telling him how insignificant he is.

How can you be challenging Jack of $60 billion? What does he stand to gain from Buhari? what is Buhari rated in the world? Mention Great people in the world and tell where you will find Buhari.

Buhari is attracting hatred to himself and family from allover the world.

The separatist he is against in Nigeria, he promotes in other countries. Now tell me, the leaders of the separatist group has been enbodend that they enjoy free advert from Buhari to the International community and the action of the president stand convince to perceived doubt. What is Buhari fighting?

Nigerians should know that the ban is not because of Kanu but because of the news of protest on 12th of this month.
Re: Twitter Ban Difficult To Enforce In Nigeria, Say ICT Experts by Arijude(m): 11:21am On Jun 05, 2021
Nword22:
Useless man,soon what happen to amedou bello and belewa will happen to him.

You don't mess with a tribe that fought world powers for three years and sleep in peace.

All hail Biafra.
all hail Biafra !!

1 Like

Re: Twitter Ban Difficult To Enforce In Nigeria, Say ICT Experts by Superboss: 11:22am On Jun 05, 2021
emkz:

You can pass your point without insults.

It is because of people like you that I support the ban. Many of you don't know how to use social media.

See, I have been in a country where Syrian refugees were passing. I see families begging daily just to eat. It is a pitiable sight. You people need to be tamed before you set your country on fire. If Nigeria starts a war, which country has the capacity to absorb us?

Try dey get sense.

So the ransom that government has been paying to Bandits, the romantisation of boko haram members and killer-herdsmen won't set the country on fire, but social media?
A minister in his cabinet is a boko haram sympathizer and that is not enough to set the country on fire?
The lopsidedness, nepotism and gross abuse of power by Buhari won't set the country on fire, but social media?
We know most of u here are illogical but u don't need to show it all the time.
Re: Twitter Ban Difficult To Enforce In Nigeria, Say ICT Experts by xelly: 11:24am On Jun 05, 2021
edoairways:

It seems you are ignorant. TB Joshua's YouTube channel was banned because the gay community protested against one of his video clip. TB Joshua can afford to create a social app like Oyakhilome so nothing spoil. This government can not ban internet because it will affect them badly. Even the almighty China that restricted access to Facebook and YouTube still have it's citizens bypassing it.

China have alternative to whatever they ban.
Re: Twitter Ban Difficult To Enforce In Nigeria, Say ICT Experts by edoairways: 11:27am On Jun 05, 2021
xelly:

China have alternative to whatever they ban.
Chinese are still using what they banned
Re: Twitter Ban Difficult To Enforce In Nigeria, Say ICT Experts by ccollins(m): 11:27am On Jun 05, 2021
SimplyFacts:

nonsense! Many Nigerians are on twitter and have warned BMC and any government crew not to use twitter since the ban. How is deleting a president tweet an insult.explain in patent terms

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ayiri Emami & Tinubu Pictured Together Alighting From A Private Jet / Ademola Adeleke's Certificates Scandal: WAEC, Jacksonville State University / Tordue Henry Salem: Missing Vanguard Reporter Found Dead In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.